Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Ducky that's exactly what I mean, it's rare and beautiful all in one. Who knows if u made the right choice but this way u always have an everlasting love to remember and so few do. And it sunds like no one could fill his shoes for u, so u made the right choice, It's better to be alone with so many happy memories than to be with someone just to have someone. Ducky u'r getting me all smaltzy this morning.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

Free, she needs thrown under the bus - but I can't find the cartoon, Some people are just stupid.

Ducky my MiL was widowed at 42, and never thought about finding someone else, she is now 90. And my sister has been on her own for almost 35 years.

Is about 3am here and I am wide awake!!!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2013

I know I made the right choice........it was not bad then, cause my family filled the void.........they have moved on with their families, so now it is lonely...can't expect your kids to alter their lives for you, and I get that.....but they do at times, some more then others, but they are there..........I always know that.....

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Alyson it's 3ayem and it's 9ayem here and I'm already tired. LOL

And I think women fare better than men with loss especially if they were happy and probably if they were really miserable, we as men seem to need companionship more.

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

your right Cam......always said that.......however our loss is compounded by losing the "paycheck" too........that is a real blow........certainly changes your lifestyle a little......said my daughters would be making his dinners, probably having him over all the time......cleaning his house, and feeling sorry for him.........lol........like most women do with men always taking care of them.........us......we put on our "big girl panties" and move on.......

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
    edited October 2013

I'm always so hopelessly behind. Freedom, your instructor knows nothing about tact. Does she think she is one of the lucky ones who will live on this Earth forever. Good luck with that one to her. Just responding because it was the first post on this page and caught my eye.........I'm sigh !!!! three pages behind. I say:

Lilli

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Yea money wise after things settle down has to be tough. My divorces even showed me that, but at least I never had to pay a lawyer-so it was easy that way. But I had to work a lot, that why I don't mind not working now--but I could use the money too. LOL

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

Freedom, I tell my kids all the time, think before you speak! Even if you mean well. And, it is not always what you say, but how you say it! Some people should think first or just STFU!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Ducky, your husband sounds like a wonderful man! I hope I get that much time with mine. Coming up on our 21st anniversary Thanksgiving day this year :-)

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Boy, we sure washed a lot of cars this mornin'. Those ladies just kept linin' up!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Thread Motto!

Gotta run and get zapped! Happy Friday all.......................

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

wow 4........that construction worker....be still my heart...you just made my day......Happy Zapping.....been there done that 38 times.......

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

Wow...what a wake up call with all your photos!

Welcome Miss Freedom

Miss Cam...yep  Cleveland got hit with a blizzard.....I have about a foot of snow!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2013

Bad accident on I-5 this morning.  It blocked all northbound lanes for ovrt an hour.  It was not the ideal day to take the bus instead of the train.....

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Snow, accidents, NAKED MEN --I think u know the choice I made.

4 one thing when I got my rad-my app't was early in the morning so the rest of my day was free, which I liked cuz it was over so I could still go out for lunch with my GF's which I did then a lot. cuz I hadn't been out that much before it was over 2 yrs with all my chit before I had rads--so I enjoyed that early time.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2013

I am sooooo not a morning person!!! I never make appointments till after lunch. I'm not nice, I'm doing the world a favor staying home!! I don't know how people do it?

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Spookie that's when I'm my best, I go downhill from there.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I am SOOOO not a morning person either! Also I do rads at 11:15. Keeps me out of Atlanta traffic since I drive 20 miles each way down from the burbs, gets me home before the kids get off the bus and I still get to do lunch with friends or DH since I go right by his office on the way to and from. I works and only 13 left to go!!!!!!!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

My favorite appointment time is the 1st back from lunch. Mostly on time. My glaucoma doc is the worst. Most times has a sign up that he's an hour behind. But the last time I went most had given up and resched. (waiting room was empty) and I got in pretty much on time. For my yearly with him I have that 1st back from lunch and I will have DH with me who will not be happy waiting longer than nec. But I did do rads at 7:30 in the morning but was working then so on to work after.

Oh I think I need my car washed NOW.

Yay Quatre only 13 left. I was lucky no machine breakdowns, no holidays and no reprieve for skin breakdown.

I tried to drive FIL's pickup with a stick shift when DH and I first married. It was a disaster and amazed it (both pickup and marriage) survived it.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2013

I've only had 3 automatics in my lifetime. All the others were sticks. I like driving a stick except on Seattle's downtown hills. Even the auto hesitates on those.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

I KNOW Wren! I'm still afraid to have to stop going up a hill! And you don't want to do it when you are on ice! Man, I remember last year, it started to REALLY snow, FAST........ I started sliding backwards, and other cars were coming towards me, all sliding all over the place, so I took a quick left, into a shopping area, and drove the rest of the way home on the back streets!

Can you imagine driving in San Francisco with a stick? It would be impossible! I had my one little Grandson with me once, when I was driving my Mom's automatic car, and we got to the top of this hill, and I looked DOWN, and I thought OH MY GOD, WHAT DO I DO NOW! When we got to the bottom, I just pulled over, and stopped and caught my breath! Couldn't let my little guy know I was scared sh***ess! He thought it was a BLAST!

They probably don't even SELL stick shifts in San Francisco!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Subarus have a "Hill Hold" Best invention ever! You set the brake and you can take your foot off even on the steepest hill. Car won't roll until you start to let the clutch out so you don't have to figure out how to get your right foot on the gas and the brake at the same time!!!

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

sticks are still sold.....they call them Manuel drive........

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Yes, the clothes coming off is the good part!

underview:

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

unfortunately you can't get a big stick. Wink! Wink!

I need an auto big enough to seat at least 6 and manuals are all smaller than that :0( If anyone knows any different, please let me know!

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

WTH is that above the guys navel......or is that his navel.......looks weird......but again, only I would notice that.......lol

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

Looks like a friggin "button".......belly button perhaps.......odd looking.......

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

OK, Glad you didn't ask what was below the naval!!! Yes, I guess belly button. That wasn't what captured most of my attention!!!

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

Lol.......hell at my age I knew what was there.....but leave it to me to notice the navel.......lol

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

ok, then what is underneath that.......no, not down that far.......right below the button looking thing........