Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

There has to be a pretzel in that picnic somewhere!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Puppies are too cute! I lost a dog to lymphoma too, very sad.....

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

I love the dogs!!! The guys not bad either.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2013

Di I think I talked to you before about the pups....I remember the picture of all, but never saw the one of the snow...they are gorgeous....

Actually I also rescued the aunt of Mark, but she only lived a year.....she was 15......her name was Faith......

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited October 2013

Ducky you are a good woman for rescuing your dogs....I am afraid I just couldn't do that.....I did a couple rescues the last was a boston that was taken from a man, by his physician daughter who did not want the dog. He could no longer take care of himself or the dog he would forget to feed (dog was a was a retired champion.....I got in touch with the breeder) and I picked him up at the daughter's/doc's house and kept him for a few days and then drove him south bound to meet with with another dog exhibitor (no bostons) that was going to the Eukanuba dog show in Southern California and volunteer to pack him into her motorhome and take him to the show to meet up with his original breeder/owner....all worked out well.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited October 2013

4.....ummm ME thinks the pretzel is hidden under the tablecloth!

Reminds me hubby & my picnics way way back then....45years ago!

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

I love Boston's...would love another, but at my age, the little one will outlive me....they bring so much pleasure.....

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Di, that's what I was thinking...Pretzel Rod under the cloth!!!

Ducky, you are not that old!

Hi Mary, how you feeling today? How many more Gezmar to go?

Hi to everyone else too!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,892
    edited October 2013

Di really, you were that wild, (blushing).(fibbing). 4-The bruschetta lucks yummie. DI Your babies are so sweet. Takes allot of patience with that many.

$ honest I haven't thought about finding pics like that since Reynolds was a centerfold, but enjoying them. What a difference a few decades makes. Remember when it was soooooooo controversial for Reynolds doing it. I still remember him talking about it on Johnny Carson.

Phyli had a nice visit with mr&mrs beatmom. Beatmom was in Houston for the scar project. they talked about it a few pages ago.

GG I'm good , just signed off a couple places.

Chevyyyyyyyyyyy seem to be getting sensitive to BB

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Those dogs are so cute. I love it.

And 4 who the hell cares where the pretzel is in that picture.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Cami lets go looking for it? Do you think he'll play "Where oh where is the pretzel".

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

honestly naked men turn me off......leaves nothing to the imagination....give me a man in jeans, work boots, and a hard hat..........now that is sexy............oh and a great tan from working out in the sun...........hold on....that would be my husband before the man upstairs took him........you can have the naked guy.........plus he probably ate the pretzel..........

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited October 2013

share the pretzel girls,there is probably enough for all of us! Beatmon

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

I'm. Telling you all.......he ate it......

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited October 2013

oh, nuts.....

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

hmmmmmmmm...........he has those too......lol, lol, lol

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

My daughters say I drive a stick - a broomstick!

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Di and Jan. Hemochromatosis is the most common genetic error trait in the USA. World stat I forget. It can lead to dementia, cardiomyopathy, CANCERS(many types associated), liver cancer, liver cirrhosis. Few other trouble diseases, but I'd have to go look. It's commonly referred to as Iron Storage Disease. Iron is necessary but when it stored in the tissues in higher than normal amounts, it mucks up the works. There are two known genes. The C gene and H. That's the shortened version of the gene letters. For an adult you need only one gene for it to be expressed----cause a problem. Men experience primary hemochromatosis at an earlier age because they don't menstruate like women. The expression of the gene in women usually appears post menopausal. With menstruation is the advantage for females as iron that is bound to the rbc's is lost monthly.

The unlucky child that inherits the genes, one copy from each parent , can have childhood hemochromatosis. Carrying two genes is the real troublemaker. AS you found out they had difficulty making the diagnosis. Many docs still only associate hemochromatosis with alcoholism. It's poorly understood in the medical community. Public knowledge is almost nonexistent.

How'd it get on my radar. Mom was listening to OPRAH in 1998. Sis was going to have a physical. B/C of Oprah's show she had an Iron Panel done. Lo and behold her numbers were up. Genetic testing done. All 4 of us siblings carry one copy of the gene. We know one cousin on MOM's side carries the gene. Her sister's haven't been tested, but they both had BC. On dads side, we know the paternal GM 's side carried the gene. Out of 10 children in dad's family 7 had cancer. Out of 43 first cousins -14 first cousins have had cancer. Awaiting word on one which would make 15. None but my family have been tested for the gene except mine. I put the pressure on for testing for the gene. The rest of the family just doesn't get that the numbers are staggering .

HC is more common in Celtic ancestry and Afro Americans. Afro Americans inherited the gene b/c of the Celtic slave holders.

Each year I get an Iron Panel. That can be asked to be done without having genetic testing done.

Treatment if numbers are up to certain levels can be done by phlebotomy. Simply taking off blood over a period of time and re-measuring iron levels. So, many people don't know there storage levels are high b/c it's not a common test. Believe it or not this is the short , short version. My first search on it in 1998 was near 2 inches thick.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Te Se Passas Ducky, how'd you get those 6 kids LOL. The guy you describe sounds dreamy, but hard to make a connection.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

There is so much more about hemochromatosis. Left out huge amounts of info... I know some are shaking their heads, others are happy to know to ask for an Iron panel next visit. But felt it important for all to know the little bit I did write. Dear sis had phlebotomy for several years started by her MO @ the time. The next MO didn't understand HC and stopped the phlebotomy. She's on the list for a liver transplant.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited October 2013

I'll be back after i find the pretzel - this may take awhile - quite awhile....

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited October 2013

let's try to keep it clean in here ladies....

• Freedomchild82
    Freedomchild82 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013

When I contacted my instructor at college to explain what was going on with me and to see what I could do about making sure I finish my work for school and the semester.. she emailed me back and said: " I will set up a separate quiz and it will accommodate your treatment schedule. If the cancer is in the bones - it is very advanced and serious. Allison, I lost both of my parents to cancer so please take care. "

Really? You think I want to hear about people dying or how serious it is at a time like this? Come on!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

Morning gals! Freedom, your instructor has about as much empathy and class as a slug! You should say to her..."Why bother? If you are going to cancel me out because of my treatments and what you presume is my OUTcome, I probably won't be here next week!"

What a jerk she is.... ! Oh wait till the girls hear THIS one! I'm sorry. Just stay with us, we will give you more suggestions!

Ah, MostlyMom, THAT woke me up, Ha! Wouldn't it be fun to just be standing there with them? And I was about 30 years younger?

I remember one time, all my friends and I rode a Limo up in the Mountains to gamble.... Well when it was time to go, my one silly friend with many drinks under her belt, said, "But these guys want to take me home, I will ride with them!" And I said, "but we don't KNOW them!" And she explained, "Oh yes, I have been playing Black-Jack with them this whole time, and I carded them!"

And they were all laughing, and having a blast... and drinking. And me, not wanting to yank her away like her MOTHER, said "Okay, fine... We will meet at your house!"

So we all met back there.... Jumped in her hot-tub, and just had so much fun....!!!! Well she begged me to stay, after everyone EXCEPT her 3 friends had left. (Our husbands were deer hunting, and maybe SHE was DEAR hunting herself!) But I said, no I was just really tired, and I left..

WELL! the next morning, I called to see if she were still alive. SHE said, "OMG, I THINK I DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN!" Needless to say, she had a rousing time, and I MISSED it! DANG! I will never know the ....ahem..... attention I missed out on! But we still laugh about this even NOW!!! 20 years later!

Alyson, your Daughter's are so funny! Sounds like MY Daughter's! image

Ducky, you said WHAT??? Nekked men turn you off? WTH??? I can imagine plenty! And I love Pretzels! You ain't THAT old! Oh wait....

Never mind.............. I'm alMOST the same age, and I'm not old...Ha!

Sass, what is BB? I'm sensitive to WHAT?

Di! I love you talking about your dogs! You and Ducky! And 4! WHERE did you find that guy? He is about as close to perfection as I have ever SEEN! And I thought my Pretzel sandwich was yummy!

That picture I posted with the car, was my youngest Daughter! She is 52 and she is still my "little girl!" Ha, ha! My oldest just turned 55... the one in Florida. Those two look like Twins

Cammi, THANKS! I mean about my Daughter!

Phylli, I LOVED your posts, or whatever they were! We do that with our names, but THAT was the best! Don't fix it.... just don't type too much...Ha!

Mary, that was funny! "A word-search"...image GOOD one! Are you feeling better?

Okay Hooligans... gotta go before I lose this post! xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

Oh my g. where do you keep coming up with these pictures????

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Is that a zinna with a head? GG will love that and Foley. AWwwww, their's a small chick peeking out. How sweet. Which remind me of you and your brother CHEVY--cute. Daughter is beautiful :)

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

plenty of time for naked........it is getting to the naked that was the most fun.........

The man was McDreamy......knew him from the age of 14,...in his yearbook he took 4 of the "best" and "most likely to awards".....best looking...best dressed...best athlete, and most likely to succeed ......wish I knew how to send pictures.....Actually my grandaughter's are doing the Pancreatic cancer walk next week in Philly.........they posted his picture on their donation page......I could not believe the response about how handsome he was, and his smile...............lol .....who am I kidding....of course I can believe it...!!!!!!!!!!!

6 kids was easy.......good Catholic girl, and lousy at Math....when I moved from my 1st row home in Philly with my 6 kids to the big house in the suburbs the neighbors laughed and said....BOY YOU REALLY SCREWED YOURSELF OUT OF THAT HOUSE........lol

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Welcome /freedom, and actually the first part that was said to u was very helpful, but she went one sentence to long and I would have said /what the hell just give me the best grade possible, it won't make any difference according to u anyway. I hope u enjoy it hear we do veer off the supject from time to time.

Chevy WTF --the chicken, can't u find more meaningful pictures like the other girls do.?

Now that the way to keep a car clean, well since I don't have a car---they can just come over and visit. Ducky I mean this lovingly--u'r still so in love with u'r dear husband that no one can really turn u on, even the pilot. And that happens with women a lot. It's like one true love for some and that's it. Personally I think it's beautiful, but I don't get glumpy very often so I'm changing the subject.

OK for people who do want to express what others have said stupidly this is where to come. but we love veering off and I won't mention names but when u see certain names with topics u know it's going into another direction but that's OK when we need seriousness we have plenty. We just need sillyness too.

OK I'll check back later, I expect to see some witty remarks here, I'm out of them.

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

Cami......I knew my husband for 43 years....was married for 35 when he died..........no other love.....he was it......not sure how I landed the man cause there were many more in the long line......luck I guess......he use to joke and say......."it was that body"............(not anymore....lol)....... I was 56 when he died......my friends would say...."your a young 56, you should find someone"............"even if it's just dinner"..........I could not see myself sitting across the table and sharing a meal with anyone else.........so here I am at 78....sitting eating alone................was it a mistake......maybe.......but it was the choice I made at the time.......I still have the last pair of Docksider Moc's he wore at the shore house, sitting by the fireplace hearth..........till today no one ever did, or ever will be capable of filling them...........