Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Options

Comments

• skimommi
    skimommi Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    Options

GreenMonkey I am so sick of EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE telling me how they think I will react to chemo.  "Oh, you will be fine", "I bet you won't loose your hair", "I know so-and-so and they didn't loose their hair", "So-and-so had chemo and went to work the next day and never missed any work".  Oh, and my favorite of all "You won't loose your hair if you don't think you will loose it." Ha, well I never thought I'd get BC either so how does that work?!?

SelenaWolf absolutely love your "mo" and outlook! I'm all for the red thing. Pink is so pathetic and weak. Thought so before all of this, yet people think I am only against the pink thing because I'm living it.  NOT!!

ShaneOak you rock for starting this thread!

• Thora
    Thora Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Options

I got one remark within the last 6 months.I am a 3 1/2 year survivor.I told a friend over the phone I lost a few more pounds.First thing out of her mouth"Is your cancer back".I could never say that to someone who was dx with any cancer or any other life threatening disease. 

• cp418
    cp418 Member Posts: 359
    edited December 2012
    Options

Greenmonkey --- I too several articles about squeezing breasts.  EXACTYLY  STFU!!

Thora - IMO people like that I place in the toxic category.

• mantra
    mantra Member Posts: 189
    edited December 2012
    Options

The most annoying line someone said to me was "I had a breast reduction and know exactly what you're going through."  WHAT???!!! STFU would have been the perfect response.  Another not-so-bright individual said to me "I'm a retired nurse.  Thankfully no one dies from breast cancer anymore."  I should have said "Really?  On what planet did you work?". 

Absolutely love the STFU t-shirt idea. 

• ziffy321
    ziffy321 Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2012
    Options

"I'm glad it is you and not me"?  Did they add "because you are equipped to handle it and I'm not"?  Sheesh. 

• GreenMonkey
    GreenMonkey Member Posts: 291
    edited December 2012
    Options

Mantra.... I had a breast reduction and know exactly what you're going through????? !!!!!!!!!!! 

that DEMANDS a slap!!!   

I've noticed that people respond more to my cancer blog posts if they're uplifting.  I think this is a good topic for a blog post. My cancer is not about you feeling better.  I hate everything about pink.

• GreenMonkey
    GreenMonkey Member Posts: 291
    edited December 2012
    Options

SelenaWolf! you've got that fighting spirit.... "hey, if anyone can beat cancer I bet its you!!!" UGH!!!!! I hate that one. Why me? because I'm outspoken, obnoxious? that doesn't 'cure" cancer.

YES... RED trumps PINK I soooo agree! 

One of the main reasons I show my post BMX photo's is for everyone who says, "you're so lucky you get new perky boobs" ...the only thing worse is when they call them "boobies"  oh how I hate that word! 

I am proud of my decision to have a BMX but that doesn't mean I'm lucky or fortunate in any way. 

my post BMX post

• Kassylou
    Kassylou Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012
    Options

My stfu moment was to a "good friend". We have been friends for years and I confided in her when I was first dx. I told her that I am telling only certain people because I can't handle everyone knowing. Well, I did not count on her and another friend discussing it in the cafeteria. They did not use my name but one girl at the table figured it out. I don't see her often and wanted to tell her in person.

About a week later, I was telling her and she had no reaction. None at all. She said that she had heard someone had breast cancer and thought it might have been me. She said she was very upset and shocked for me but was not going to ask until and if I was ready to tell her. I told her it was ok, and so she told me who was talking. Well, I now need a biopsy in the other breast in a week, guess who I am NOT telling. Btw, I was diagnosed with dcis on 12/4/12. I am pissed at these two women, I know they are concerned and care for me but come on!!!

My mother had stage 1 lobular invasive and dcis last year and my BFF has triple neg stage 2IIIb last year.

I also hate that I seem to be consoling others when I am the scared one!

• Kassylou
    edited December 2012
    Options

Me too! I hate this! I am so glad that I found you ladies!

• Tone
    Tone Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Options

Amen, amen and amen! Too funny yet so on point. I am tired of the freaking free willed advice.. Don't get them too big...blah blah blah. How dare you?! Yes, the ignorance is flowing wrecklessly and I know there are a few who are definitely going to hear STFU soon..VERY soon!

Continued blessings to you! :)

• Kassylou
    edited December 2012
    Options

Why do we feel the need to comfort others when we tell them about the cancer? Maybe I am hitting the anger stage but I just want to scream that I am scared. Last week I had to check yes on a form where it asked if I had ever been diagnosed with cancer. That sucked.

I agree pink sucks. It is a four letter word!!! I prefer red!

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited December 2012
    Options

Kassylou, I am one year out and I know what you mean. It does suck. I have not had to fill out lots of forms but I know it made me cry when I had to check the cancer box.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited December 2012
    Options

gotta get this off my chest.

There is someone on the boards that thinks she knows everything about everything.

PLEASE STFU....you are not a dr.

There I said it!!!!!!!!I feel soo much betta.

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289
    edited December 2012
    Options

Granny....VERY...VERY..STRANGE....You, have said what I have been thinking......Liz

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2012
    Options

A new thread?  WTH??? Granny, I found you.... and I know, Ha, ha!  I'll be back you silly girls!

• sandpiper1
    sandpiper1 Member Posts: 508
    edited December 2012
    Options

You ladies make me laugh....

Recently heard......"Guess you can't drink anymore huh?"

To which I responded......been there, done that....now STFU and pour me another.

;)

You all have a great night!

• FireKracker
    edited December 2012
    Options

Well you found this great thread my sista Chevy.....

Now be a nice little sistah and dont tell them what a bitch i really can/could/would be!!!!!

Liz----thank you for sharing my feelings about so called sistas who play GOD...STFU.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited December 2012
    Options

grannydukes.... Oh nooo...is it me? I tend to give a lot of advice....Surprised

Just let me know if I need to STFU....

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 357
    edited December 2012
    Options

Oh, Oh... I want to play God tonight.  Poof, world peace!

• FireKracker
    edited December 2012
    Options

No Blessings it is not you....please dont get crazy with this remark that was said.I never heard you say too much.There are lots of sistas who play GOD...its kinda like a power play...I know something that you dont know and you gotta listen to me....everyone has lots and lots of info from this wonderful BCO.I even started a thread when I finished the rads called AFTER RADS...boy did i think everything was gonna be fine....shocker.eyeopener..

Its done and over with....enuf grannydukes...STFU.XOXOXO

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited December 2012
    Options

Grannydukes ... Please don't STFU ....

• FireKracker
    edited December 2012
    Options

Thanks Joanne....I dont think that is possible anyway.

I even talk in my sleep.lol.

Funny story..when sandy came and hit NJ I was at my nieces house with a million people sleepin everywhere.The next day when i got up everyone was laughing at me...I asked why and they said not only was i talkin in my sleep but i sat up and cursed sandy..

No I will not STFU.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    edited December 2012
    Options

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2012
    Options

Grannydukes, there u are--hiding? no I don't think so---BTW hahahahahahahaha--sorry I had to do that.

• Kassylou
    edited February 2013
    Options

You ladies crack me up. Since I just joined I am pretty sure grannydukes (love the name) is not talking to me. Therefore how is this for a stfu??

I live 4 hours from my parents ( I am 42). When mom was dx with breast ca last year I used most of my vacation to travel to be there for surgeries, dr apps, wig fittings, etc. well now 1 year later I am diagnosed.

I said that since we have been traveling to the dr so much for tests, biopsies ( I am having one on the other breast Monday), etc would they come here for Christmas. My mom said that she was not sure, her dog has not been well and she did not know who could come and watch her. Wtf!!!!

I should be impervious to it because she has always been rather self centered but thought that she had just been through this, maybe she would have some compassion. She told me that she would come down whenever i needed and she would be there when i called, yea right. Boy was I wrong. She called 30 minutes after I told her off and said she had a dog sitter. I told her that they were no longer welcome. I wanted them here because of Christmas, yes, but also because I am scared and since she had just been through this she might have been a support person.

I am still pissed! I almost said stfu but chose other words instead.

On the other side, My inlaws came up this weekend and we had a great day.

• FireKracker
    edited December 2012
    Options

Thanks for the laugh sheila...you are always good for that.

• camillegal
    edited December 2012
    Options

Oh Kassy what a dissappointment for u. I'm glad u'r in-laws made the time good for u tho. Of course u'r afraid and I'm sure u'r mom knows, but maybe she couldn't face it? IDK. Put it aside for now, I'm sure next time u talk to her it will be more pleasant.

• Kassylou
    edited February 2013
    Options

Thanks camilegal. My husband and I talked and we decided the stress of this was not worth it. She did call to apologize. I am just keeping expectations low where she is concerned.

• camillegal
    edited December 2012
    Options

Kassy good---try to avoid any stress u can--there is enough of it anyway and u'r DH sounds great--so u ave him.

• FireKracker
    edited December 2012
    Options

wow this thread is jumpin tonite.....

so sorry Kassy for the dissappointment with your mom....just maybe she has to digest the fact her daughter has the beast.

See now im givin advice...oh STFU will ya...I talk too much anyway.

huggs everyone.I gotta do my exercises and then im off to read a book.

nite all hugggggs Grannydukes.