Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Oh Wow Mary! They are! I guess we all whined enough? Ha!

Bronchitis? I hate that the worst!!! Yes, a good anti-biotic...! I know I have to use my Nebulizer when I get that! I also get Prednisone.... and take Nyquil at night, Daquil in the day.... and that COUGH just window shaking! I'm sorry for you! Those hot cinnamon candy from Jolly Rancher really help my throat!

I can't think of anything else for you.... Have you tried mustard-plasters like we used to use? With a heating pad? And then to breathe over a vaporizer? Shocked

Okay Cammi.... Can't figure out how to help you either! You are beyond my help.... my expertise..... In other words I don't have a clue.

Just have to tell you.... NOW my neighbors who can't find their arse with both hands, NOW have a Chihauhua.... (sp) They got "Lilli" from a pound.... We went to see her, and took the girls a couple M&M canes, and the Chickens some grapes. Chickens are scared to death of that little dog.... But actually she is really cute and friendly.....

Barks her head off at Lacee! Scared HER! Ha! She is a twerp, but lets me hold her.... At least SHE gets to stay in the house... When we left, Lacee kept rubbing her face on my legs... probably glad to see SOMEone familiar! I picked her up and told her I wouldn't let "little twerp" hurt her! Not that SHE doesn't bark..... Ha!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Oh Di I saw that twice on the news yesterday and cried both times. That is not the original because the original is to Beyonce with laughter.

This is the unit she worked on dancing in her support and I've seen at least one other I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6obgKKIN_-c&feature=youtu.be

I know for those of you in Calif. this is nothing but the area around me has had 5 mini (largest 2.9) earthquakes in the last 48 hours. Gas fracking like mad around here. Don't think there is a fault line in North Texas, Central Texas yes the Balcones Fault. I live right beside a little bridge on 2 lane but busy road. The bridge dips a little and trucks go bang-bang across it so unless my lights start to sway I might never even know it.

Cami - what day is your deeeelightful experience? Do we need to occupy your doc's office?

PT going OK. If he adds any more exercises he better add more hours to my day. He says he sees 4 weeks.

Mary - I hope anything interesting is fun for you or your DS. Hope you get to feeling better.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

I loved that video gals! What a great way to have "fun" before something like that.... Wow!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Mary don't u know the rules--u can not be sick now---OMG u have to feel terrible, It sounded like Chevy pretty much told u what to do but u'r going out tonite--tell everyone ghey can't catch it--it's sinus that eases peples mind.have a box of Kleenes next to you. And when u do go to bed tonight rub Vicks all over u'r feet and put sox on--It can't hoit. What timing u have.

Luv I'll e at the hospital for this silly thing and it's a big room so come along and guide their powers fr me.

And Chevy I really didn't think u'd cure all I have but maybe u'd have an old fashion idea that no one knows about now.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Wait Cammi..... I mean no I don't, but I would like to help you anyway I can....

About your phone.... You know I have a hard time hearing.... especially on the damn phone. But when I put it on "speaker-phone" it really helps! If I hold the phone up to my right ear, it is better, but my left ear just has a hard time understanding anything, even with my hearing aids. So try speaker-phone.... Just see....

Mary, if you are taking anti-biotics, I heard we are not contagious..... Cammi on the other hand.... well, who knows? If I were you little Cam, I would maybe just crawl under a heating blanket, take drugs, turn on a good movie, and say "to hell with everything".......

Then get up, and come back here to post.... It's just GOTTA' get better! I just made some chocolate tapioca pudding, if you want to come have some?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Oh Mary, bummer, be careful those fast onset ones are buggers. If it was a sore throat, I have a recipe that's more than 150 years old written, so, likely hundreds of years older than that. Chickie tried it.. It's a bug killer, but OH MY does it taste horrible. Mary I just so want you to enjoy DS's wedding. FDIL worries us all I think. Kind of like bridezilla.

Cami, the positive is, if I read it right, the anesthesia doc called you at home. So, he's taking this very serious. Wish you didn't have to go through this babe. I too love anesthesia-----the VERSED is heaven. It makes the muscles relax so nice. I always feel like I'm melting into the bed. Properfol (sic)is nice , but doesn't relax the way versed does.

Chevy, how long before you think the neighbors will ask you to watch the yipper? It seems they treat you like their personal servant?

Well by myself with a bottle of wine, idiot DDBF is screwing up again. It's been very good for awhile....then........Please, Ducky don't preach to me. I already know I should ditch him. Haven't said anything here b/c I couldn't rant about him without feeling worse b/c of comments. I will reach a day when I'm finally done with him.

BTW when I ordered the new toilet seat the other day. Kohler actually directed me to Home Depot to place the order. It saved me 100.00$. Serious. If I'd ordered it through Kohler it was 175$ plus tax. I thought that was very nice of them.

Toilet's still on the deck, deciding how to decorate it for the holidays.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Sass, no probs! I would never tell you what you should do.... It just takes time to figure out who is right.... your head, your heart, or your never-never land. They don't work together you know!

When you don't talk about it, I know things must be okay.... Doesn't matter what you say.... we just want you to work things out for yourself.... whatever makes you happy. Some people are MARRIED for years, and aren't happy all of the time! You are not married, so it doesn't matter what you do.... Just take care of yourself.... I mean take care of your heart.

The neighbors will take their little yapper with them.... I can't watch their dog.... It's just too hard, with our own little old dog.... Especially when the new one takes it upon herself to terrorize, and yip at her heels! They used to have "Jake".... and he used to be watched by another neighbor when they left out of town.... but usually they took him with them, up to Estes Park. They can ask THEM..... but not me. Funny how little dogs like to pretend they are powerful and mean, around other dogs!

Sass, do you mean something like whiskey for a cold? My Grandmother swore by that.... whiskey, lemon juice and hot water.... or just ditch the other two, and stick with the whiskey. Happy

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Chevy the usual rule of thumb so to speak about antibx's is minimum 24 hrs, but that assuming it's the right drug. In Mary's case OH well she's the MOTG. She has to go if she feels she can. Everyone else can do whatever. i.e keep away.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

Far be it from me to preach to you......I don't know your story, about your relationship, so do not appreciate being singled out as someone who will preach to you.....like I did not know about your so called expensive dinner which I was supposed to have commented about and didn't.....apparently you have me confused with someone else......

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Chevy we used to think the RECIPE was grandmothers. Then I found it in a history  of folk medicine book and the recipe was dated 1850.

Fill glass jar to the top with cider vinegar(some will boil away), jar should have a cork versus metal stopper.

Pour cider vinegar into a small sauce pan

pour salt into pan to cover bottom of pan

pour red pepper seeds  to cover bottom of pan

boil for 5 minutes or so---let cool then strain into glass jar. Keep in refrigerator--obviously not done in the old days LOL

At the first sign of a sore throat, gargle with about an ounze , spit out. Gargle again in about 15 minutes or so. Do this for maybe an hour or so. After each gargle rinse fore mouth to get rid of the taste. The tissue that is being attacked by the bug will feel likes it's burning. But it's the combo of the acetic acid in the vinegar, salt and capasian from the red pepper seeds that's waging war on the bug. It's amazing how it will absolutely stop an aggressive attack. The first time you use it though is an experience. If the bug is established it won't help much. But close to 50 plus years of using it, I'm a believer. The first time I used it with DS as a wee one, it didn't go well, as you can imagine. But the first time he came to me and asked for it as somewhere around 8y/o (?). He knew it would help. B/C it tastes so awful, I was amazed that such a young child would ask for it. But I was the same way as a kid.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Chevy thanks for your kind words about stupid Bf. He just doesn't get who he may loose.

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Teka..ok

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Update on Sweet Pea, She's working allot, Austin is good and a typical 19 month old. House is on schedule to be completed in January. Continued living with in-laws and their relationship is improving. Work is cooperating with her needs. Her prophy left MX and recon flap right is scheduled for Dec(oops) I thought I wrote down the date. I think it 's the 20th. Tim is doing well. The skin that had the strange problem on the irradiated side is healed. She sounds good. It's always so fun to talk with her. She wants everyone to know she's thinking of you. Blondie- special message to you that she's happy you posted---she was worried

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

you too Tek

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Nighty night and a wee bit of franny to ease the sleepBawling

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

My Samantha being regal...lol

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Chickie hahaha

OMG Joey and I fell asleep around 7PM and just woke up Geeze my job is just taking it all ot of me-LOL

Chevy I'm going to try the speaker phone part--Ok I have to get myself tgether here---

Sas u really got a good deal.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Morning glories.....headed back to sleep, up most of night with chemo side effects..ugh, I thought the Herceptin only chemo would give me a break..not so lucky.

Enjoy your weekend my friends!

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Sass, I just gotta say..... that "recipe" you posted for what-ever would most definately scare the be-gesus our of any bug passing your way! That stuff sounds like something that would take battery acid off of cables! Does your mouth survive after that treatment? Ha, ha!

I would prefer a whiskey gargle... And THAT stuff is just plain putrid! Although my Dad swore by whiskey.... for EVERYthing...Bawling

I remember on our wedding night, we just had his cousin Sally Anne over... and they were having shots of whiskey. So I had never tried it before, and I drank a shot, and I COULD NOT BREATHE! I thought I was dead! I finally caught my breath, and started crying.... needless to say that night was a bust. I hated them both! (for awhile)

Love the Picture of the German Shepherd Chickers! Is that your dog? Beautiful!

And Cammi!!! Okay, go get on your speaker-phone right now.... Not those "dial-a-guy" numbers, but try talking and listening with the speaker.... It really helps! It beats saying "WHAT" every other word! And SOME phones ARE worse than others.... and especially when talking to companies, they tend to WHISPER to us, and it drives me just plain nuts. I keep changing ears, thinking the other one will be better than the one, but then I run out of ears!

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

4444444444444???? Miss you! DLTBGYD!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Chick.......your Shepard is gorgeous, and your right....."regal certainly is the right description.....

Hope today is good to you......relax and take care of you.....HUGS

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

I just found this site last week and I think this is a great link I found my cancer in 2011 and I had waist long dreadlocks that I miss terribly anyway it was time to start Chemo and I knew I was going to have to do something with my hair so I would not have them coming off in the shower so I was getting them cut off. I was talking to a coworker in the bathroom about losing my hair and another woman blurted out that she had heard that dreadlocks will make your hair fall out. I looked at her and told her that I had cancer and that was why my hair was going to fall out. She quickly left and did not speak to me for over a month. I wanted to tell her to STFU but I'm sure she felt stupid enough all on her own. I got the best laugh about it. I kept my dreads and sometimes I would hook them to my scarves and hats to be silly when I was bald. Have to laugh so I won't cry even now.......... keep on writing so we can help each other and laugh a little.

PS to the woman having BF issues join the crowd mine moved out during the worst part of my chemo he had his own issues and then mine overwhelmed him so it was best for me in the long run He is still my friend and he supports me but he knows what he lost when he moved out. You do what you need to do for you to be strong with or without them. Rock on Sister.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Chick

Big pretty girl!!!!!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Welcome, flat13, to the loonie bin! I laughed out loud at your story. That woman shut her own self up Happy.

Don't be surprised if you get a nickname or two around here - it's just what we do.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

Chickie, Beautiful dog. DD had an enormous German Shepherd. She liked to walk him at night because the bad guys would give her a wide berth - as would other dog walkers. She always thought the other dog was being walked at night to avoid other dogs. The walkers would signal which way they were going so the dogs wouldn't meet.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Welcome Flatsy! Is it okay if I call you that? We'll keep hangin' around here as long as you do... Ha! I don't know about dread-locks, but my Grandmother always said I would go bald if I kept dying my hair.... I was about 25 at that time..... So I still use a hair-setter, tease it, and color it about every 6 weeks.... and I'm 76.... So there little Grandma..... I didn't have to have chemo.... but Tamoxifen really thinned it at the time. But I'm back to normal now.... more or less.... shut up Cammi!

And don't never every cry...... Well okay.... if you have to.... but only do it when you have to...... So your BF gave it up? Well damn! And yes you DO have to be strong, with or without him.... Things change so fast.... Maybe that wasn't the end of something.... think of it as a beginning of some sort.... like the beginning that you know better than to be hurt.... so easy. Stay strong.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

Mary, Hope you are enjoying the wedding.

Chabba, Did you get the results from your PET scan yesterday or is your appointment next Friday?

Flat13, welcome.

To the rest of the hoolies, Hope you are having a good weekend.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Flat13good, flatsy, 13---welcome,  sorry you had BF problems too. Thanks for commiserating with me. I need to ditch my guy, but........... If you decide to stay let me know and I will add you to the list. It's close to the bottom of page 403. The list has lots of info about folks here. Helps to keep everyone straight. ............Your story about the hair is roltflol. Does that person often say stupid stuff.

Chickie is that a pic of Tasha or Samantha? Where was it taken? (remember I'm from your area). We haven't had any pictures recently of Cooper. I spent an obscene amount of money on fencing the yard. Now find out Dini is just climbing over. Neighbor brought him home and put him in the yard 3x's yesterday, but only called with the last time. ......Sorry about the Herceptin s.e.'s. Check in on the insomnia thread when you can't sleep, it's getting more active. For some reason I'm going through a sleepless period. Using melatonin again. At least not having to use Ativan too, so that's a positive.

Julianna, I've been thinking of Mary all day. Between her chest thing and bridzilla, hope she's doing okay. Now 6pm maybe their eating by now.

Chevy, you are so right---that recipe will definitely kill those buggers. I should find that folk medicine book and periodically post some of the quotes. Some are amazing, some just way out there. One amazing one: A quote from a military surgeon from civil war ---- "Those soldiers that have bread with blue-green mold applied to their stumps, do better than those that don't." (penicillin). Long ago when I read that one the questions I thought of were --How long had that been done?  Who first came up with idea? Possibly came from using bread as a poultice and all they had was moldy bread?

Jan,  studied all day, but learned allot. The tree analogy is still strong, but building a better understanding of the limbs.

Cami--are you really working or is it a play on words? Come to Insomnia when you can't sleep too. That's where we met originally :)

Veggy--yoo-hoo How are you?

Shells what was the best thing that happened this week?

Jackie, Foley, DI, and anyone I missed ----enjoy the evening and your Sunday