Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

Chickie, hugs for you, too

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Good Morning Hoolies.

Now here's the thing--everyone has to report in about the Drs and what is being said and done. We want to know everything. And GMA maybe I missed it, but I asked if there is any kind med u can take for this.?

Chevy I'm near Chicago--that's in IL LOL--and yes pastina was a staple if u were sick but actually it is good I think. I don't really know of any benefits medically from it so why we were given that--who knows.

And Chickieboomboom I hope this chemo is better on u.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Ok Cami,

my report!!! The pediatrician says it's yet another sinus infection, the shoulder doc called in new pain meds for DH, the RO says use more aloe, and the PS filled another 110 ccs and said they look great!!! Might need their own zip code soon Happy Swap surgery already scheduled and 3 rads and 3 boosts left to go. Then I am DONE!!!!!!!!!

Now, is that what you had in mind :0)

Hope all the Hoolies are hanging in there and having a good day! I am ready for a nap, but no rest for the wicked! or is that the weary??? Either way it applies Smile

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Oh for cryin' out LOUD! YOU are sick TOO 4444444444444?????

Cammi! Yes, little funny face, I KNOW where Chicago is! So were all your relatives gangsters? Or Mafia? I'll bet they were! I know my Father-in-law WAS somehow involved with boot-legging. I mean he was a "runner."..... He worked for the Smaldones, a notorious crime family here in Denver. I am really intrigued with the early years, and how the Mafia, etc. helped build Las Vegas....

Oh well.... that's another story.... for another day....Ha!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

No Chevy, I am not sick, I'm a little old for the pediatrician, Lol!!! Sick 14 year old and DH is having a rough go with his shoulder surgery. Hell, I am the healthiest and in the best shape out of all 6 of us that live in the house!!!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited November 2013

For anyone going through tests, txs, or just some hard times of any kind. This is for you.

Hoping for good test results, gentle txs, and times that will get easier.

Lilli

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Well Said Lilli!! Thank you Nerdy

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

good luck everybody, I cant remember what everybodies doing but you all are always in my thoughts. Just wanted everybody to know, that I have a new name, One Booby-Grammy.Winking

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Too cute Mary! Wonder what he would say to me with no boobs?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

I love you guys.....! xoxoxoxoxo

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Well if it's not one thing it's another. Glaucoma doc says pressures are up both eyes. Adding yet another drop but have to have it OK'd with PCP since its related to my BP drug. Return trip back in 3 weeks for recheck. This yearly appt gives me a headache from the visual fields and exams. Good thing it is cloudy/rainy today though DH drove me. We splurged on Taco Bueno for dinner.

Chabba - sorry I missed the pocket party but still hoping for great results.

Di - dang 2 surgeries more this year. And then the joy of a bone marrow biopsy in Jan.

Quatre - hope the illness fairy leaves your house alone for a while.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

had glaucoma...they did laser surgery, and I am fine..surgery is no big deal......mine was narrow angle which is the worst one and not very common.......wide angle is.......did not want more meds, so had the surgery..

• luvmygoats
    edited November 2013

Yes, Ducky I asked what we go to next. He has 2 more eyedrops then it would be laser surgery. He says at my young age of 61 and I think I've had this 8 years so he thinks I will most likely need the surgery. Met a lady in Bible study today who just had it done by another doc. Will pick her brain next week.

Think I'm headed to my chair with my ice bag for my shoulder and the hockey game.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

luvmygoats....both my husband and I and my 95 year old mother all had headaches after our eye exams last time year a year ago at different times and places, and hubby again had a headache for his eye exam a couple weeks ago.....we think it may be the DROPS that dilate the eyes.....prehaps a preservative of some sort or a change in formula......never had headaches after my yearly eye exams before last year.

Di

Google:

what causes headaches after eye exams.....

Now I KNOW I am not alone

• luvmygoats
    edited November 2013

Di - It's the long visual field exams. I hate those things. My optometrist does a teeny-tiny one. The glaucoma doc's is 6.5 min long for each eye. Maybe I don't like having my eyes dilated. But I will complain that the numbing drops my opt. uses dye my eye yellow. I look like I'm nearly dead from liver disease. Think glauc. doc uses a diff brand, one not so yellow.

• di2012
    edited November 2013

None of us go to an optometrist....we all go to an opthamologist ....oh yes I get numbing drops and then the "Yellow drops"....I always see the yellow on the tissue they give me to blot my eyes.....I had cataract surgery last year....left eye....bad mamo and core biopsy........right eye....two week wait and then stereotatic biopsy....then BC DX

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2013

Home from PETscan.  left for Olympia a 10 am, back home at 6pm.  Had lunch at Red Lobster.  My friend Mo who drove me to the NW Ladies lunch in Sept drove today too.  I'ld vote for Red Lobster the next time we get together!  Appt with MO Friday for results.

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Chabba what a L-O-N-G day!....Did you get any results yet?

Di

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

I feel so bad for all you who travel so far.......my Hosp, and all Doc's in one place...15 minutes from home.....rads, LE spec, MO, BS, Mammo, all testing and scans too.....I feel very fortunate....

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2013

Results supposed to be at MO appointment on Friday.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Oh so much traveling , I'm like ducky my Drs. (most) are right in the hospital about 5 minutes from here, so it's fine. Chabba U must be exhausted.

I hope the pressure gets down, but Ducky said not a bad surgery. So as long as that does the job be happy about that. But I'm sorry about what u have to go thru.

And yes 4 that is what I mean-- but it's not what I want to hear maybe--Hope u'r family starts feeling better.

Chevy yes the infamous City of Chicago==I did't even know then about anything cuz then we moved to the suburbs.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

Hey hoolie goolies - we have a new pet name. Homiette!

The male version is homey‎: www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=

1. homey. The boys, the ones you not only like, but trust. You homeys got my back, ...

2. homey. Originating from the word home boy. People you grew up with.

OK so HEY Homiettes!! I got your back!

Chabba, be thinking of you and rooting for a good visit this Friday (it bugs me that you must wait so long - should be told within 24 hours IMHO).

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Good morning Hoolies and Homietes,

The gal that's going to be doing housecleaning came on Monday. Great worker and person. The second thing I asked her to do was wipe the kitchen cupboards. She says "Why don't I do the top then any dust won't fall down". MY LOOK was oh she's so right , but she had no clue what she was getting into. It's called a knee wall---doesn't go all the way to the ceiling. It's design promotes energy effienency.(sic). I have it decorated with oodles of antiques and artifacts. Labor intensive to do. I only do it once a year now-basically before Season. We did side along cleaning, but she did the ladder climbing. I had "Total body pain" TBP(my coined phrase) for me at end of day, still hurting LOL. The dog booboos have all flared. They were getting so good. BUT it's great to know I have someone I can trust. I hope she was good. I stopped doing the ladder business after almost stepping off the counter into midair.

Gumby, I know you will be happy with your new stove, but I almost choked when I read you got rid of your downdraft Jenn-Aire. If it had the cassettes for the burners. It's thousands of dollars. The people that built our house in 1988 put one in. I priced replacing it, mine will stay for awhile .

I did the eye check too, this last week. Such a great doc. Chose him b/c he was the only one that would come to the hospital for emergency eye problems, no matter the hour. That's a doc for me.

Chabba  hope scan's good

Di, your doc's suck. Waiting to do a bone marrow bx till Jan. Again sucks. So, wish when docs don't expedite necessary activity i.e. diagnosis and treatment, we could just put there scrotums or labias in a vise grip.

Shells Homiete Cute. Hope all is well with the job. Do you have to cover on weekends?

Hello, 2, welcome.

Mary, hope they have your chest figured out. I know cryotherapy (freezing) tissue is being used during Bx's and MX's. Ask if cold or heat or even laser therapy can't be used on those chest buggers. Never know really until you ask. When I had my crani-brain sx. I found the "base of the brain approach"  by internet search. Docs in this county didn't even know about it. Regular crani would /could have lead to allot of complications. Crani  Wed. morning, Fri night I was out to dinner.

Chevy god bless you for the vinegar suggestion YAY YAY.

$$4$$, Shoulder sx is the worst. Hope it wasn't his dominant hand side. If it is, you know by now why I'm saying that. YECH. Hope DS recovered.

LMG, CAMI, Ducky, whomever I missed Hugs

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited November 2013

good morning i am typing on my phone which this time gives me spaces but not punctureations or corrections.  i am trying to deal with it.  my new lexapro meds that i am taking for my waterworks crying when someone is kind to me also seems to make me somewhat more mellow.  who knew?  i have not even gotten  any parole demerits while taking it.  i may get outta this ankle monitor yet.  im still in houston and will stay thru turkey day.  im feeling better everydat but still sleeping a lot during the day.  okay with me.  hope your worries are fewer and chabba and di good luckings .  love you all.  p

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

PHYLIWANTTODOCOFFEEANDCHAT

• shellshine
    edited November 2013

My it's quiet this morning - going back to sleep.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Well Well Well Hermiets, and it's good cuz most of us have backs that need holding up. so this name works for us.

Alyson u really like reminding us how close Christmas is--Oh haven't even started, and usually done by now. Oh well

Sas u got a good housecleaning, niw next time it won't be so much to do and u do nothing.

I can't wake up here, I;m so tired, It has to be the weather.

• shellshine
    edited November 2013

AHEM Cami, it's Homiette, or Homette.

("hermiette's" are when one of our own who is being a hermit).

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Gumby the builders of my present house put in some very special things. But in all things I wish some things were different. Like the price of the replacement toilet seat I just ordered. 83.59. The toilet and bidet(700 a piece in 1988) were very high end(double entendre , I suppose). HAS to have a special seat, so couldn't buy cheaper. I sit like a Queen.