Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Gumby Gumby Gumby---went looking for jenn-aire. The prices I found a year ago aren't RIGHT. It's in a range I would be okay with. If you hadn't written about yours, I may not of relooked.  Mines 25 years. So, it's time to replace. Serindipity strikes again------Happy

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

Went out and got my first fake boob ever,today. Now I know why I waited so long. Yuck I think I would have done just as well stuffing with a sock!Fdil just informed me she wants everybody at the venue at 10 am for a 3 o clock wedding, to help set up the tables and decorations. Im playing the c card, no really, that will make my day way to long...I need my nap and will not be going to the hayloft to take oneBawling

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

c card, smard. I NEED MY NAP. Doesn't she know we need them? I'm not nice if I don't. But this is fdil, and her day. Sweet dreams Mary!

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2013

Hey Hooligans, Saw some of you guys talking about glaucoma.  I have glaucoma--had the laser surgery and sadly it did not work very well-still on two eye drops but pressure is okay. Since we are talking about ills, I also have hemorrhaging diverticulosis--usually go to the hospital once a year for a 5 day stay--sometime need a blood transfusion, high blood pressure, clinical depression, high cholesterol and I can't tell you how many side effects I have from the Anastoule--aching bones, freezing joints, can't remember a da-m thing--memory shot, severe arthritis and tendonitis--I am on so many meds, I am making Walgreens rich.  Okay I bet some of you ladies are thinking S T F U Dwilli and lets get back to the cute guys. LOL--Happy to be alive!!   Hi! Ladies--love you guys! 

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

my laser surgery went very well....not one problem......however Dwill......I am there with you when it comes to the drug SE's which is causing 90% of the ailments we have.......like I told my Dr's........the cure will kill you.....

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2013

Yeah ducky, since I started on the Cancer meds. I've had to add two new drugs for my blood pressure and another for depression and I just suffer with the aches and pains since I can only take something strong like Vicodin or just Tylenol.   Can't take any NSAIDS because of my bleeds.  The SE are kicking my butt! I just hang in and go to work every day!  Hopping right along!

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Dwilli sent you a Pm.

Ducky-ditto, all the frigging complications caused by treatment. There's a video that EnglishMajor just posted on Pinktober. I'll bring the link for the video or the page. It's actually on metastatic BC. I guess I'm thinking that it applies to what you and dwilli are saying b/c the video is speaking about bringing awareness for metastatic BC. The video is pointing out the forgotten Stage 4's , and mens BC and a few other things. The s.e.'s of treatment are not minor. The are life complicating. If anyone has read LindaN3 's words. Her neuropathy ended her pharmacy career. Duh--I was relieved the same day as dx and never worked again. Phillyfeethurtsomuchwithneuropathywalkingislife changing.

I suggest that those that can recirculate the video

14 hours ago EnglishMajor wrote:

I am late in posting this here, but here is my "Welcome November!" video: http://animoto.com/play/QjcfpNF1GF6E4iag1fRz4A

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Mary, You are being realistic. If FDIL and DS aren't sensitive to that, they'll get over it. If they haven't planned well enough to make sure the place is set up, suggest "TWO MEN and a TRUCK".

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

I had cholesterol problems before cancer and elevated BP, but not that high.......had a mild HA in 2007, but did not stop me at all.......the cholesterol med caused aches and pain, but was told to take 200 mg of COQ10, and the pains got much better....nothing stopped me...not even when I fell carrying my dogs blanket to the washer, and broke my vertebrae .......

Then came cancer....."felt great after lumpectomy, even rads did not take me down...........went on Femara, and my life and body go through pure hell every day..........ok, I am 78, but nothing stopped me at 76 even after all the other bullshit.............this is horrible and discussed going off Femara and at least when I die, I can say "I lived"..............at least for my final years......

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

Dwillisweetheart... I love hearing from you.

Blondette and GmaFoley... sending my love. To my other sisters, blessings.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Morning gals.... I just copied this from another thread.... So THESE guys look like a cross between a cat AND a chicken...Ha!

So those of you who like cats, (like me) AND Chickens will be happy.... They just look so SILLY!

Sorry so many of you gals are going through a rough time....

Sass, glad the vinegar works for your nails... Did I mention that I found some new type of softening "gel" gloves? They are more expensive, but once you get them on, (which is not easy) you leave them on all night, and they keep your hands softer. They are infused with different types of oils... Then getting them off again, is just as hard! Bawling

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Good Morning Hoolies---Shel u know I can't spell or type--it's a disability of mine LOL (shut up Chevy)

Ducky I get what u mean--the first 4 months if Chemo I worked--taking some sick days bjt I still worked--then and operation (my first) and I had an infection for 3 months--but when I restarted my chemo I could not work anymore and after another 1and1/2 yrs I was beat out totally and after rads I got on the Als and nothing has been the same--I know my age doesn't help but I felt great before all this with good energy no insane pains or problems, now everything is a problem--walking, bathroom stuff, pain in my side and back etc and it happened to fast so I know it's from a combination of everything I've done and taken for cancer.

Dwill I take more meds than I can count anymore, all I know is I took maybe 4 before, but u always need to tell u'r Dr. exactly how u feel, if they can help they will.

Now again I repeat all my problems and I'm sorry but I'm thankful my cancer is at bay--but just to let u know it's not easy the way I thought it was going to be afterwards I wasn't complaining just saying--we are all a mess. LOL.

CHEVY those are not cute--they are so ugly they are scary to me anyway--imagine one coming after you. Even a chicken lover would chit.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

You are such a little scaredy-cat...! Just think.... You could pick one up and hug him, just like you do your kitty!

Just keep feeling better Cammi...... take those drugs, and have sweet dreams! xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013
  • Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited November 2013

good morning to everybody! Seems like I've been gone a long time and I apologize. I've been spending extra time with a friend that has lung cancer in a skilled nursing facility. ( I haven't seen any skilled nursing all the hours I am spending there but that is beside the point, and remember I am an RN) It is just so sad, it is killing me. He always knows me, no matter how confused he may be and then always wants to walk me to my car when I leave....which of course he can't.Always polite and a gentleman. We have known each other since childhood. His brother lives in Texas and s here all the time and is very loving and doing his best to take care of him. Taking up a comedy on the iPad today so maybe we can watch a funny movie!

You guys all take care.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2013

Good news and STFU news - My Vaginal swab test came back clear.. And one of my supervisors at JoAnn's is buying me a set of Lymphadiva sleeves, just because!! I need new ones.. They are on sale for 3 for $199 right now. So got one different and will wear a plain pink one on the other arm. Picture of the one I'm getting below.

Had the transvaginal US yesterday and I am still cramping. Hopefully, it will let up soon..

Rainy week here on the mountaintop. Working my computer job then been playing Pirate101 with my friends - one in London and one in Florida - we chat on Skype while we play.

• shellshine
    edited November 2013

Oh you homettes are just too precious for words, Teka - your chickies in the buff had me ROTF LMAO. Chevy and Cammi, you two are quite an act - if you took it to Vegas I bet you would pull large crowds.

I'm sorry so many of our gang are suffering so much with side effects.

Mary - good boundaries. Being "informed" about the set-up at this late date is not too cool - first, you ask for help, not tell people what is expected. I'm glad you are standing your ground. Take that nap so you can feel better and have a good time.

Dwilli - hang in there - we love having you with us.

Beatmom - you are a good friend. I'm stationed at the equivalent of a county hospital most days and take many referrals for hospice care. Some of the situations break your heart, people who have a limited social network who are dying and need nursing home placement because our state Medicaid doesn't qualify them for an inpatient hospice bed. So sad...some very deserving people who fell on hard times. You're doing something very important.

Veggy and Gma, hoping you come up those basement steps and say howdy- do I have to go down there looking for you? Ask Blondiee - I can be pretty annoying so you better come up and say hi once in awhile or I'm gonna stalk you!! I can, you know. After hanging with Chevy and especially Cammi this long they have rubbed off on me and who knows what mischief I'm capable of.

BTW, those are some butt ugly birds.

• shellshine
    edited November 2013

Gma -you posted while I was writing! so good to see you!

Ok Vegette - where are you??

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

DD actually had some of those chickens. They really do look funny. She said their eggs were good tho. She lost a chicken earlier this year and thought a coyote or racoon probably got it. A few weeks later one of the counselors at the group home next door admitted the clients had found it and made it a pet. She wished it well in it's new life.

What's the point of spell check if it only underlines the word and doesn't give you options of other spellings? This drives me nuts!

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Foley, you know I always gots a storey. This is no different.  For others that think it's too much PASS ON BYHappy

I believe I already wrote or talked about this. The first and only rt sided lower pain happened identical to me too. That first bout calmed down, very quickly even before I saw the gyn. No question I thought we were dealing with gyn. Constant pain right lower quadrant. Right where the ovary would be tucked in. Gyn doc good not palpate any ovary abnormality and ordered no tests. She did however recommend follow up(f/u) with Gi.. At the time it was not imperative i.e. same day or tomorrow visit b/c all symptoms abated.

Had to take a cross state trip to take care of and elderly aunt. Had a full blown Divertic attack, but I didn't know that's what it was.. Symptoms and signs were now left mid abdominal iliac crest level anteriorly.. Put myself on clear liquids- for two days.. Finished what I had to do for dear Aunt. Drove back to the other side of the state. Stopped at a gas station called DR "George Patton" my GI doc--pre-cellphone days.  It was 5pm. His nurses let me talk to him even though office closed. He sent me straight to ER and he called ahead with orders.

Tests were done and ready when he got there. I  had evidence of a small rupture that sealed itself off. 7 days in the hospital.

My DR. GGPElliot came in to read the tests that evening and evaluate me. He didn't need to b/c the tests confirmed it. He could have easily waited till morning. It was a Jewish High Holy Day and he had a house full of out of towners. But He always puts his patients first . LOVE my docs. It's so nice when you know the character of the doc, I rue the day he retires.

Teka'sYour angel here that asked me to write, she is so right, diverticulosis or diverticulitis is a very appropriate rule out for right sided lower quadrant pain in women. Men it's a no brainer, they haven't got anything else in that quadrant, but bowel, for the guys could be a hernia too.

There is an in depeth description that I wrote on the Constipation thread. On diverticulosis and diverticulitis. I'll put the link below.

Foley, I know you keep getting sprayed with the stuff going through the fan. One step at a time. But I also recommend a GI visit. If symptoms change or worsen before you can see the GI doc. Go to ER where your doc works out of (has privileges).

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=6&id=781867&page=1

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Beatmom--sorry you have to go through this with your friend. BUT you are an angel to stay so close and give such support to him and his brother. Bless you.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited November 2013

Three days behind....that is just here mind you. No way I can catch up. Hoping things are well with all of you, always.

Lilli

• stellina
    stellina Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2013

Hello, girls, sorry for the silence, but I was up and about this week busy with some documents I need for the insurance...

Tomorrow morning I get my blood tests done before round 2 of chemo! 

A serene thought for all of you girls, keep strong and stay serene, we must go ahead! 

Hugs, 

Stellina

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Thinking of you tomorrow Stellina! Let us know how it goes....ThumbsUp

• stellina
    stellina Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2013

Sure I've returned! The company is pleasant! :)

I was just wandering if and how much I can vent here... because apart from the insurance documents, I was also a little bit low for my psychologist told me that there are no guarantees in life and that I'm doing myself harm by expecting a sort of prize (for me the prize is not ever having to do with cancer again) for all that I'm going through right now. My common sense tells me she's right, but in this particular moment, it does me good to think that I will be "rewarded" with life-long health!

Also, I was quite low because my implant was again inflated and I'm afraid my new breats will be too big. I know it takes time for the drop and fluff, but sometimes time doesn't fly fast enough...

Ok, complaining moment over and out. :) I should better see to posting a photo of my cat-boy Boris! He's such a darling in cheering me up in these times!

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Stellina, just hang with us.... You can say anything you want! All the rest of us do.... so you will fit right in..Ha!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Vent away, Stellina. That's why we are all here Nerdy

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Welcome back Stellina. I had a Boris years ago - a wire haired fox terrier. DH insisted the dog needed a "he-man" name and I picked Boris.

Rant away. We have big shoulders.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

Have a funny story to tell you, its long so bear with me. Dh was having trouble with his keyless entry on his work truck. Anti theft system kept going off and his truck wouldn't start. We finally got it running and took off for the shop. going down the interstate, all of a sudden the horn starts honking and the lights start flashing. Talk about embarrassed. Of course its in a construction zone and traffic is bumper to bumper. Well it finally quits on its own and we make it to the shop. They think they fix it so we start home. Well it wasn't fixed. This time the horn starts honking and the lights start flashing again...this time in front of a church that's having a huge funeral. The cops directing traffic were not amused. I had to yell out the window that we couldn't help it. Of course we had to turn around and go back by again all the while the horn is blowing every 2 seconds. Got it back to the shop and they finally got it fixed, but it made for an interesting day....I swear Im not making this up....

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

YAY...FINISHED RADS TODAY....I GOT TO RING THE BELL.....