Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Joysley
    Joysley Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2013

I've been reading a lot of posts on this thread and you gals are a hoot. May I join in?

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

Thanks all for the welcome Flatsy is ok with me. I'm getting my reconstruction removed on Tuesday so I can go on hoping to be comfortable in my skin, I really do not like them, they feel awful and they look just as bad so OFF THEY GO !!!!!!! Flat will be the new normal and I hope I can get more comfortable. Spending my weekend getting the yard and house stuff done since I will be back to the 8lb limit for a while. Couple of days before my 53rd birthday I got the news BC I wanted to return it but I guess you can't give this present back Crap! So this year I went to my PS and told him is was my 55th birthday and I wanted one wish and he needed to grant it. The implant are driving me crazy and I wanted him to remove them. They are nothing like breast so I don't need them. So Tuesday I will become a real Flatsy and I can't wait. I'm terrible with names but I will learn since I now have a place to go where someone understands. Thanks That silly coworker does not work with us anymore so no more laughs from her. Oh Well...

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Of course you can join the hen house Joyiforgettherest. Chemo brain at work. And Flatly, yep, it's the only way to go. Who needs 'em?

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Hi kids...and welcome Miss FlatTire......and Miss Joy tothe World

I am sitting in the hospital emergency room with my hubby...a huge glass frame crushed his hand today.....ugh....he is in xray right now seeing if its broken.  I hope not..... it is so swollen I have never seen a hand that big....not even with my lymphedema...lol

All I can think of is ...great both of us not working....who needs new house mates?

Miss Sassafras.....picture of Samantha is out at our cottage in Jefferson (Ashtabula) and here is Cooper Pooper....

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited November 2013

What a wonderful dog Cooper is.....isn't he???? I worry just a tad about that last part of his name, but otherwise he is just A Door A Bull. Has a Maltese look too. Double cute.

Long day but a fine Saturday. Lots of work to do with all the leaves coming down out of the trees. We are surrounded by at least 80 trees here in our little part of the woods......but I can't imagine living anywhere else no matter how much work there is.

Hope you had a great day and will repeat the performance tomorrow.

Lilli

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

Just a quick note-wedding was great, went off without a hitch, danced till I couldn't walk. More details tomorrow. nighty-night.xoxox

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Oh Mary, Mary, so happy for you and them. can't wait for pics and wordsSillyHeart

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Yea Mary! Danced till she dropped!!

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Sas....sorry about your BF problem,....uhhhh is that why you bought a toilet seat???? Life in the toilet? LADY.....we all love you!

Sorry you think my docs are morons too, ....uhhhh I agree my PCP is! I told her verbally at least 3 times that my MO wanted another CBC and pointed it out several times before she took my MO summary of visit with the CBC written in, rather that typed in, and of course....she did not put that on the lab order....

My PS and MO talked because PS did not want to proceed with my 2 surgeries on Nov 18 and Dec 2, without the okay MO/hematologist, hemo said no change in treatment if I have bone marrow biospy and aspiration NOW or in January (PS said may increase risk of infection, but small risk)....I CHOSE TO WAIT......they are Harvard grad, Tufts grad

and then there is my PCP who was a veterinary nurse before marrying the vet and went to Med school.....I swear she would do better with ANIMALS!....she will get a email from me*, since I am not happy that she screwed up my lab order, ordered PT (did not give me a chance to tell her I will be out of commission for a while instead of giving me a cortisone shot for my trochanteric Bursitis, for now, but plan on dumping her!

*Just need to find a new PCP doc first.

Hugs to everyone....

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Yay Miss Mary...cant wait to hear all about it!

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Mary....So happy to hear the Wedding went on without a hitch.....and you had a good time....now you can take a rest from all that dancing! Smile

Di

• di2012
    edited November 2013

ChickaD....hope hubby's hand is okay!

Love your doggie pictures!

Di

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Yay..its not broken just badly bruised and swollen!

Thanks Miss Di

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Welcome Flat13- I hope u enjoy it here. We can be serious too so it's anyway u want it for u. But I did laugh at u'r story, cuz yea she probably embarrassed the hell out of herself. LOL Sorry about u'r BF, but it sounds like u've worked it out for the best actually.

Chickboomboom I hope u rest and feel better, none of this is easy.

Chevy I like the shot u took, u were brave. This last Christmas all the guys and some women were drinking shots when I walked in--well everyone in my family knows I never drink and they were teasing me about having one so I poured into the shot glass, put my big mouth over it--no hands-- and emptied down and there was not a peep in the room then all of a sudden everyone started cheering and yeling and clapping most of them never saw me even drink ever-and I have no idea why I did that. But Chevy it was my fault, I didn't even like it--blah--

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

That was the post I lost earlier today?????

Mary YaY now rest wel and tell us everything.

Di u really sound like u'r ready for a change of Dr. just do it, it's u'r choice not there's=I fel bad for u tho cuz it's tuff not liking a Dr.

Chickie u'r DH hurt his hand bad it sounds like. Geeze everyone is getting hurt somehow.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2013

I had a head to toe PET, ct scan Tuesday.  Got results yesterday. Dr said thee is tiny, 1 cm, spot in lung he wants to keep an eye on, folloe up in  months and a small mass in bowel so scheduling colonoscope.  He said neither one looks worrysome but worth keeping an eye on because of BC history.  Said every thing else looks fine.

Other good news, off tamoxifen and on megestrol just two weeks and I've gained 4 lbs.  Just need eanother 54 lbs to get back to where I was when I started tami.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

Chabba, I know the doctor says not to worry but we all do so sending big hugs. And here you are trying to put on weight while some of us are trying to lose it.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Hello Joyforgettheresttoo, and Flatsy... I'm trying to type this, while having an occular migraine! Damnit! But you are all a lot "brighter".....Ha! It's where you get bright wavy, zig-zag lines in your field of vision in one eye! You think you are going nuts.... shut up Cammi.

Sassy, I haven't had one of these in 5 years! I just read where it is nothing serious. So I will put up with it.

And that old folks medicine book? What about Turpentine? My Grandmother SWORE by it.... Put it on all your cuts and wounds, and it will heal faster. If it DON'T for some unknown reason, tape a piece of Bacon on your cut.... that's because there is something IN there, and the Bacon will draw it out!

Also, their belief was you can never get enough grease, gravy, sugar or whiskey in your system! So they just ate it all up. Lived to be in their late 80's! And I don't think vitamins were even invented in those days. You would get a mustard-plaster slapped on you faster than could turn around, if you coughed! And no matter how old you were, you would get a shot of whiskey to gargle. Man, I don't know how we survived.

They DID grow their own vegetables though.... turnips, mustard greens and those damn CHICKENS! No wonder I am the way I am! And GEESE!!!! I mean GEESE are worse than Brahma Bulls! They will chase you, no matter WHAT!

I was traumatized when I was little. I couldn't run out to the out-house fast enough, to beat the GEESE! They were on my heels! And back IN! The GEESE were at the Lady's house that watched me and my little Brother. Mom worked cleaning out Pullman cars at the train-station, during the war. So those days we had to spend being chased by Geese.... and eating macaroni and cheese...Ha! I LOVED that stuff.... still do.

Okay Chabba, sounds like they have a plan! If YOU notice any changes, just get back in.

Cammi, I remember we all went out after work one night.... (Husbands were gone hunting!!!!) So I was "free") Loopy So they had shots.... like YOU did! I could NOT get a shot glass in my mouth!!! I mean REALLY! But they finally gave up and let me drink it like NORMAL people do! Tina, this one fun gal, could put her FIST in her mouth! The guys said they bet she had a lot of dates........ So um, that night was one of the funnest in my life! We laughed and told dirty jokes, and then I drove home. I was sooo careful! And I laughed all the way home....

So did you ever hear THIS one? See, you say "What is Italian foreplay?" And we say "What?" and then you snap your thumb and middle finger together, and point THERE! I mean down THERE!..... Get it? Like there IS no foreplay..... just get busy.... Okay..... hope I didn't offend anyone. Hee-hee!

Chickers, so glad Mr. Chickers is not walking around with a broken hand...So now YOU have to do the cooking? Ha, ha, just kidding. That was a joke.

You TELL em' Di! Dang people! They just can't get us straight!

Morning Mary.... Glad your wedding was fun! Now tell us all about it!

Love your doggie Chickers.... and Morning Spookie and Lilli! guess that's all.... my ocular migraine is now gone! Okay.... love you guys! xoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

An ocular migraine?? WTF I never heard of that--how strange, Oh chevy it's u--no not strange at all then. And Yes geese are very dangerous, some junkyards use geese instead of dogs and I have been chased by geese and it's frightening==they run like crazy birds and yell all the way. ick And I know u have a wild side Missy.

Chabba u'r Dr/ sounds like he's in tune so that's a good thing, let him watch and let him worry if u need to--it's easier that way. But u must be in good hands.

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Welcome newbies.....Flatsy !

Welcome Joy---------! (with the L-o-n-g screen name) ....that I shortened .......... can I call you JoMo?

Di

Miss Di

Lady Di

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2013

checking in, am ok, hope you all are ok, thanks for all your kind thoughts, now have to go to a thorstic surgeon on thursday they think it is the chemo that is doinf it to my lungs, whatever that means, it is working, not getting better but not getting worse...

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

BLONDIE u'r in the house YAY I'm glad u'r OK, but this has to be so hard on u. Just keep us up to date until u really feel like posting and don't worry about missing posts no one says anything important (but me) so just pop in whenever u can.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2013

miss all you guys, xoxoxoxox thanks Cammie!!!

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Chevy,

Were you are anyone else tortured by the wool sock around the neck with ben-gay ointment secured with a big safety pin and then wool army blanket to break a fever, along with honey & whiskey to help the sore throat.....not knowing at that time I am highly allergic to to WOOL!

Chabba,

Hope you regain the weight you lost and you & the docs keep an eye on those spots.

Di

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Di WOOL right I remember that, I'm laughing cuz u were allergic to it--I don't think our parents noticed those things those days hahahaNerdy But there was always liquor involved with everything when u got sick and when I had babies it was whiskey on the gums--we'd be put in jail now.

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Cammi,

I remember whiskey on the gums of babies...we never had any whiskey in our house for our babies, your right now that would be jail time for mommy

(ONLY beer in our house & I was the sober one)

Di

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Miss Chabba....I have an idea...I will give you 50 lbs and then we will both be perfect!

Miss Chevrette....I get those migraines...feels like your on psychedelic drugs...who needs magic mushrooms...lol  and no worries about cooking...my aunt has been staying with us for a couple weeks so eating quite well...yay

Hi Miss Blondie...your avatar always makes me happy

Miss Di...lol...I had the same sock treatment and I'm allergic to wool too

Miss Lilli...Cooper is a wonderful dog and yes he is still trying to figure out the pooping thing...lol

Miss Cami...♥

Hubby sore and still swollen but out blowing leaves...go figure...men!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

morning all. Welcome newbies. I will get names into my brain sometime. It seems incredible that I used to be able to learn all my students names in a few days. Now I take ages to learn people's names.

Cherie I get visual migraines as well fun isn't it?

Have had a funny week had no energy with this chest infection. Have quite a few things that must be done.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

I've had a couple of those migraines too. I also get one-sided headaches from some perfumes. First I get the headache, then I can smell the perfume. DH has to buy all the cleaning products; I can't walk down the aisle unless I'm holding my breath.

Blondie, good to hear from you.

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Wren,

I have the perfume allergy too and the soap/cleaners aisle is out of bounds for ME too. vinegar/water cleans just fine and is not toxic to my dogs.

Cruise ships usually have a shop that sells duty free perfumes .....I have to go down or up a deck to avoid the shop! Nothing worse that having a cruise ship cabin where a bunch of chain smokers we in just before my cruise started.....thank god Princess Cruises does not allow smoking in cabins or balconies any longer. (smoking allowed only in designated places)