Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

Mary...how awful.....

I have a lot from my mother who loved jewelry, especially diamonds......now the only thing I wear is the ring my husband gave me on our 28th anniversary....It is 3 rows of diamonds,,,20 pts. each, and there are 15 total.....it is 3 bands together..........when I die the 3 will be separated, and each of my daughters will get 1 band......he had it done that way.....the ring is 3 carets total weight......only thing I wear......I have a beautiful engagement ring that is 1 caret, with diamonds around the band..........I want to give that to one of my grandaughter's to use as her engagement ring............probably will piss others off, but her mother was getting it anyway............don't want to start a feud....and it will......

I was an only child, so I got everything.....I have 6.. and 18 grandchildren....big difference...

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Mary, that so awful about your MOM's pieces. It's hard t let go of the feeling of being violated that way, so sorry.

Anyone that has old pieces from the 60's and before they can bring in a bit of money depending on who signed them. I 'll bring a link you can look at to get an idea. AJ Jewelry.  I've purchased several of her pieces for gifts.

A great thing to do with old clip earrings is to them give to little girls for dress up. I found a pair at the thrift store that were perfect for a Ariel costume Verdegris star and beads. I've been collecting them all year for Christmas. The screw ones would be difficult and likely dangerous. BUT the clip on are great. Wish I'd thought of this several years ago.

I purchased a lapel pin that had two stags and crossed guns in pewter. I was going to send it to PALIN. I liked her independence. Not many could survive in the wilderness. No me for sure. Decided to see if I could find it's origins. I did. It was a Natzi officer collar pin. So it's in the drawer any ideas?

I liked Madeline Albright's story about her lapel pins. Originally she just liked them. BUT one day a reporter made a big deal about what she was wearing and WHAT WAS THE SIGNIFICANCE RE: THE MEETING WITH SO&SO. When interviewed later in life  She thought it was funny "It just went with the outfit". BUT from then on she put thought into it and intentionally wore a pin that would give a message.  Cool . Woman Power.

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

got 2 large jewelry boxes full of costume jewelry also my mothers with numerous pins from way 50's to 70's even the old fashion marquisite, and rhinestone sets....the woman had it all, while I was the opposite......never wore jewelry.......more tomboy, then lady..

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Rhinestones are making a big comeback!  Also costume jewelry depending if it's signed, and even unsigned pieces. All things old are new again. Besides can be purchased for less than new stuff and can be more exciting!

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

Duckyb1 Do you crochet or knit??? You can make a purse then felt it and use them as decoration. I put pins on the flap to help keep them closed. They make great holiday gifts.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

Flatsy, you reminded me of the pin my mother made for me to wear to school. It was a felt duck, blue with a yellow bill. It was actually a little purse that snapped shut and held my lunch quarter.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

My heart is so heavy, but happy to hear that Grayson took her first steps.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Sas u have any German friends> sorry u know I was going to say something about that pin.

I had a (I thought) a beautiful gold huge ring--I have big hands--made with my moms and aunts diamonds and my ex-husband took it when he left A/H and insisted I lost it. BS and I knew it. But I do have big fun jewelry signed and everything looks so real and one of my GF's makes gorgeous jewelry which I can't afford, but she sends me a piece every so often that she knows I'll love. But I've never worn a watch, no reason for me ever. hahaha

Ducky I'm sorry u'r feeling so poorly, it sucks bad, sometimes we get so much crap from this rat bastard after--it's hard to feel good. I've pretty much resigned myself to pain meds--which I never took---it just eases things most of the time but I hate when others are suffering it should be over I think.

Wren that sounded so cute about u'r lunch quarter.Smile

Who's getting what done on the 26th, I can't go back a page, isn't that the week of Thanksgiving??? Geeze

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

DD did that for an invention convention thing. I had her brainstorm what she carried to school everyday which was a backpack and a lunchbox. She came up with the idea of Velcroing a tiny change purse into the lunchbox for milk money and I'll be darned she won a prize for it. I think I did the Velco placing but the idea was all her's.

Wren - I bet that ducky was very cute. I still have my Camp Fire beads and my "Bluebird" pin.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Cami if you ever have time to read about how Rhinestones and the Rhine it is fun reading :)

I'll go find that link on the jewelry and put it in this box. You may want to relook at your castaways LOL

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Cami UGHH my message to you went to the computer netherworld.

Her's the link to aj jewelry. You make want to relook at your castaway jewejry after looking at these pagesHappy

http://www.jacksonjewels.com/

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited November 2013

Just stopping in this morning to say a big hello.

Lilliimage

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2013

GOOOD MORNING !!!!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

hi Sandy...hope today is kind to you......hugs

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Cami here's another link too aj jewelry. It's to the index page. I think the page I sent was to the new listings. it has "home Page" box in top left corner, but just incase you missed it. Ilove going page by page for each section. They are so nicely presented. Versus the jumble of my jewelry box :)

It's a fantastic place to find  bridal jewelry from simple elegance to large and .......

http://www.jacksonjewels.com/index.html

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Good Morning My Lovely

Hope today is kind to everyone! Also hope my laundry is kind to me!!! Getting my 11 year old packed for his 3 day trip to 4-H camp with the 5th grade class.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Cheez $$$$$$$$$, lot's of work, I'm trying to justify doing nothing...........

Hey Blondie & jackie

Chevy there was a beautiful brooch on AJ's that reminded me of your hx with COORS, but it was sold. It was a hand holding a bunch of roses :)

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Ducky,

I am very excited for you that your Grayson is vertical and taking those first steps! I told you about my son that we were so worried about, he is the one getting ready to go camping! It is amazing what they can do these days.

I also understand your pain and hatred for the doctor. When my nephew was born my SIL was put on a monitor, told all looked good and the taken off the monitor and put in a room to wait for labor to progress. Well her water broke and she had cord prolapse. All of a sudden the baby had no oxygen. Well when they finally listened and figured out there was a problem they rushed her by ambulance to the hospital with the medical person holding/pushing the baby back in place to try to keep the blood flow going. Long story short they rushed for a c-sec and Spencer was born basically dead, very faint heartbeat and an APGAR of 1. They should have left him be, but they revived him. He was never able to move, swallow, blink, his eyes were permanently open, feeding tube, etc... He could barely even breath and had to be suctioned all the time. He lived this way for over 6 years until he finally passed and went to a better place where he is a whole little boy again and can run and play.

This happened in Japan with a universal health care system. Heaven help us all with the road our health care system is headed down......

It is amazing that your great granddaughter is making progress and I will pray that she continues on this positive path for a blessed and productive life with her twin sister by her side!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

4-H rocks! My 14 year old went to camp several years in a row until he got nominated for the Young Leaders......forget the name, but he went to DC that year. I did 4-H as a kid too. We were in Nebraska (Hi Phyllo!!) at the time and so it was more agriculture than it is here. I do all that sewing, canning, cooking, knitting, etc..... trying to pass that on to the kids. I don't have many friends my age that do much of that, but some of it is trying to make a comeback!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Mornin' Sas, Not going to work too hard, that would give away my facade that rads wore me out and then the kids would know!!! I am going to go dig through my grandmother's jewelry that I have!! Some is from the early 1900s. She was born in the early 1890s. My great grandmother on the other side had a TON of "costume" jewelry. I don't know what happened to it.

My GGrandmother and Grandmother also had an extensive button collection. It is in my aunt's attic now while they try to decide how to split it or sell it. She has buttons from several different war uniforms including WWII, Civil war, WWI, and I think even the American Revolution. Really cool stuff!!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

4 thank you......

I geared up when I read your post......so, so, sad, and God Bless your SIL for caring for that precious little person for the years she had him......she certainly has a place in heaven......hugs...

And fun to your little traveler........good things do happen.....

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Hey Flatsy!! Hope you are felling grand. Don't worry how it looks right now, that part takes time!

I love the look of felted stuff. I do crochet and knit but have never felted anything on purpose. I do have a couple of beautifully felted sweaters I can't wear anymore though!!! Need to cut them up and sew them into something!

Good Morning Lilli! Cute sentiment as usual!

Good Morning Blondie! Let us know when we need to hop in your pocket!! Praying for boring results and an easy answer to get you patched up most fastest!

Hi Shells, hope you are not working too hard and SH has fully recovered from his trip!

LilGoats, Cool about your daughter's invention! We had Goat Cheese at a party last night, thought of you! Do you get milk and make the cheese?

Wren, I bet that little duck was cute too! I can't imagine lunch being just a quarter though! I think we paid a quarter just for milk and now my kids pay $2.15 a day if they eat at school and don't pack lunch. Sadly I think the price goes up and the quality keeps going down. It is "well balanced" though per the gov't standards. Yes the kids balance it well as they carry it to the trash can! And if that isn't bad enough, even unopened things like milk or juice cups have to be thrown away because they were on a kids tray and they might have touched them or done something to them. STFU!! Won't even mention the fresh fruit that they toss because it is now contaminated with elementary kid germs.

Morning Cami and Chevy, I know your two are hung over somewhere!!!

Ducky, hope you don't hurt as bad today. Loved your husband's idea about the 3 bands. My DH said he didn't think he could afford 4 carets yet! Good news for him is we only have 1 girl. My mother makes very few good points, but one is that family jewelry should only go to girls because if the DILs leave they take the family jewelry with them. I kinda see her point.

OK, Sorry if I left anyone out. Washer is ringing. Time to go cook more laundry and get the dishwasher loaded! UGHHHHH

Maybe I should clean my attic instead!!

Trying to lighten it up for everyone!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Ducky,

it is my brother that deserves ALL the credit and that place in Heaven. My SIL walked out on him when she was 7 months pregnant with his daughter that he barely gets to see. Bitch is too kind a word for her! She wouldn't even hold Spencer and neither would her parents. She cared for him mechanically the time she stayed, not long, but no emotion.

Craig cared for Spencer without fail and gave up damn near everything in his life to do it. One day he woke up and Spencer was next to him, but passed on. He blamed himself for not hearing the alarm, but now he knows it was just that time.

Grayson is being blessed and will go on to do great things!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Anyone need manual labor today? I bet he could help!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Yes Teka,

Cancer is not the worst thing out there. So much chit everywhere these days..................... Cancer they are at least making advances, although admittedly slowly, but still. Some things you just can't do anything about.

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

You can tell that winter is coming, the tan lines are starting to fade.......................... you can also tell I am avoiding my laundry!!! Plus, I figured if the sparingly dressed men showed up again, Chevy might come around more often and sober up ;0)

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

I could use the help at my house and they look better than my electrician Laundry is the word of the day on Sunday and tomorrow I go back to work....................Not feeling it yet but that is the fact of life..........Work pays for Cancer or Insurance anyway................

4see play with some wool yarn and make a rectangle then fold it into 3 sections and sew the sides then stich the handle and attach. I put mine in a zipper pillow case and then put in laundry with hot water. shrink away..............as you play you will see what works and then you have gifts. I attach buttons pins and other stuff on them for fun...............

Yes I know my chest will look better as time goes on and I'm still looking at flora and not caverns for my tattoos.

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Flatsy, I saw your pics on the hair thread. She is beautiful ladies!!

My SIL (different one!) sent me some pics of beautiful chest tatts. They look really cool! She did this because I told her I was going to get pirate Mickey and Minnie or skull and crossbones instead of the nipple tatts!

When I have time to knit or crochet again, like when the kids leave home! I will try the felting again. Until then I just am careful and don't let my laundry helpers wash my good stuff! Do about 12 loads a week. Ughhh

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

4 ....I take back my kudos to the bitch........can't imagine anyone walking out on their kids when they are healthy, let alone that sick...she will burn in hell.......and God Bless your brother........

I have 3 DIL's.....one of them, who was a good wife good mother, and I truly liked her.....xmas day a few years ago started shit with my son, a battle ensued, she called the cops...said he hit her....thank God one of his 4 kids was there the whole time, and told the cops, "my Dad never touched my Mom, but she did push him".....cops told her to pack a bag, and leave......she did, and after many beggings, pleadings, and sorry's from my son, she would not, not then, but over the next couple years came and went, and one day never came back......the guy she was cheating with (son swore she wasn't, but we new before she left the first time) bought a house in the same town, and she moved in with him....left and came back too many times before leaving for good......my son was an idiot, but it was his life.....however he raised his kids, not as I would have..(too many freedoms), but he is doing it, but rarely bothers with me........his brothers yes, his sisters no......it is cordial when he does see us.....I never see his 4 kids.....still treat them like my other 14, however never get a thank you..........oh well shit happens..

Whoever asked me about knitting, or crochet, heavens no....my mother was the talented one...I still have

everything she did and that women could crochet ....the only thing I was good at was having kids......I had 6.....my mother 1.....maybe I should have learned how to crochet....lol

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Yes Ducky, too much shit happens! And I am sure having kids is NOT ALL you are good at. We need to work on an attitude adjustment for you!! Probably for all of us some days! Yes, too much shit happens....Some days people and stuff just suck, but other days things are great. Just have to find a way to look at more days the later way to try to get through. It sure ain't easy though!

OK Editing to make sure you know this is all in good fun and there is nothing wrong with anyone's attitudes! We all have too much shit going on and are all entitled to how we feel about it on any given day! Ok, just wanted to clarify!!!!!