Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

Hello Sassy and all I have survived my late afternoon surgery and already feel much lighter, tomorrow I can take of the binding and shower and see how bad it looks and I understand that it will not always look this way. It will all settle in as time goes on and if not he will be fixing. It is amazing how they can do all they did and then send you home. I did rest better at home anyway. The drugs make it hard to type so off for a nap. later.. and thanks again Sassy for the call it was very kind my Dad lives in Bradenton maybe someday we can meet up.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Ducky....that sounds horrible!....8 weeks was more than enough for me!....My first cast hurt so much, and my hand was swelling, that I took my garden shears in the middle of one night and CUT a notch in my cast so my fingers didn't hurt so bad....my solution for fingers touching each other was those foam things that that separates toes for pedicures

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

Di......I have had numerous surgeries for ligament tears in my hand, wrist (both sides), thumb, and both arms......one time my arm swelled so bad under the cast, I made my husband saw it off in the middle of the night....(well prepared, he was a union carpenter, lol)........walked into the Ortho's office the next day.....cast in hand.......everyone laughed....he did not.......lol......

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Ducky

Husband slept through me cutting the notch in my cast, He is a retired union Cement Mason....not a Plasterer (although the same brotherhood/union) I was afraid my young sweet Ortho doc would not have liked it if I removed the whole darn thing....she would have given me hell....can't believe your husband aided and abetted in the crime of "cast destruction"

Di

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

lol......Di.."it was that or deal with my mouth..."he felt safer with his first choice...so he ran for the saw plus he didn't like my purple fingers...."lol"......

Know exactly what your husband did.....my husband had a lot of respect for their trade send admired what they did....he called it an "art"........always said...."when your work is out there in full view, it has to be perfect....he thought when it was behind the walls, it was much easier..."

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

We had snow last night too. Just enough to cover the ground, but it was pretty and really early for us. We usually don't get any snow until Jan. or Feb. and then it got really cold, down in the 20s, I can do without that. I really need to be in S Florida...

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Done with rads!! WOO HOO HAPPY DANCE!!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Oh Duck not you too... too many surgeries for all of us.

Miss Flat as a pancake..... SO HAPPY YOU ARE OK !!!!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Yes Flatsy! So glad you are home and comfy!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Ducky, with purple fingers they would have done the same in ER.......Good job! purple +severe beyond reason pain =comprimised circulation.

Di, you too. Same thing when Shells Dh had to go back to ER and they split his cast. To tight. Swelling occurs after surgery. Sometimes the best elevation and directed ice application, just doesn't accomplish keeping the swelling in control.

In each case your brains deduced something was wrong. Sometimes we have to go with what our brains and gut tells us.

LOL Sometimes we get it wrong, but we attempt the best decision at the time.

Chickie, the only thing I miss about snow is beautiful scenes like that, AND taking a deep breath. The crisp fresh air that just makes your whole body feel alive. Then back into a warm fire. Delicious

Flatsy, or today it 's "FlatisGood".  you sound in writing as good as you sounded in voice yesterday. You could be the voice of deconstruction. It's a difficult decision, but you faced it unequivocally.  If there is someone that I run across that "needs to talk to some person", mind if I direct them to you. It's like a foob problem question---the go to person is Whipettmom--Deborah. LE problem Binney and Kira. BTW I didn't catch that the sx was yesterday afternoon, I thought it was a presx thingy. Returning your call and you were in preop--Duh---ordinarily would be VERY tacky. But you were a delight. Flatsy, many BCO sisters over on the west coast---Spookie, Galsal, SpecialK  and I know they each know someone else.

Cami, of course jellie can be jelly bean, and jelly and concord or strawberry. HMMMMM she'll have as many names as Phyillyin Houstonwithbracelet. Sometimes jellie may not even know she's being talked too b/c she has a new name.

Joysley, Stellina, and Bounce, where are you HITS-----Flatsy and Jellie---Hits -in- Training --new rule(just made up) your pledge(just made up) assignment--bring some outrageous stories

In case someone missed, I made up a new acronym---HIT--hoolie -in -training.

We all think it's tacky to discuss dollars in regard to stuff we buy. The toilet seat had a purpose. BUT then there's my 10,450$ fence. Dini just jumps over it. AHHHH that's money well spent. At least he's jumping it into another fenced yard, but left there to long, he just jumps that fence. Schatzi has been coming in and ratting him out. So, I've been able to get him before he goes over the next fence

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

4! Congrats on finishing rads!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Thanks! Tumor marker tests came back great too! Low end of the normal range Happy

Kicked the invader's ASS to the curb! Never to be heard from again!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

already said yippee, but will say it again.....yippee....and ding a ling ling, just in case they did🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 not have a bell to ring......

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Hey any of you that like old music I have on internet radio KAAM. Just google KAAM. They just played Bobby Darin Beyond the Sea and says Mack the Knife due up soon. I love this when I can't find anything on the TV. Very few commercials. They have a very weak signal but great on the net.

Congrats Quatre for finishing rads. I barely remember that time with work.

And Flatsy so glad you're home and resting. Great that it went well.

PT worked shoulder over well. Have appt with ortho. on Monday so we'll see where we go. I never understood why both arms hurt outside the axilla. Now I know all (well not all LOL) about shoulder muscles. One of the techs I would like to bring home just for his massage capabilities. Anyone use one of those Homemedics thingies they could recommend? I really don't have any tall chairs to put them in like recliner height.

Gosh - now playing Stormy. Abba, followed by Doris Day. Did I tell you I love this station???

I wondered there for a minute what the heck a HIT was???

VERY worried about Veggy. Does the FireKracker post on here? If not I know she goes on OMG.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

On the circulation thing---reminds me of a story(what doesn't). Circulated on a foot sx. The doc had a very particular way of applying his foot dressing. Part of it was tying a knot on top of the foot. Dorsalis pedis pulse is right there. I then had to recover the patient in recovery room. Her pain complaints were beyond normal. No intervention worked. Because I saw the dressing applied, I knew what was up. Called the doc. He told me to take the "dressing down" until pain relieved.  The danger of taking a fresh dressing off is rebound bleeding. So, each layer came off with time in between to eval if that layer was the problem. Patient wide awake from beginning and completely involved. Also, heard conversation with doc and my repeating his orders. Finally, had to go to the last layer. As soon as the knot was untied---pain gone. Notified doc who had to return to do a new dressing. Irony, He came in and ripped me a new ass in front of the patient denying that he gave the order, and the whole staff and other patients present. It was a deflection of responsibility move. Patient ripped him a new ass in front of everyone. It was nice she did b/c I would of never said a word b/c inappropriate by protocol.

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

Sassy you can send them my way and HIT is Great I have been and Irish hoolie all my 55 yrs young..... I would love to join this bunch of hoolies..... Tomorrow I may not sound so good once I take off the bandages but that is OK and I will deal with it. Just one more challenge of the many I have had in my life...... I'm sure more will come in the future.

4sewwhat Congrats!!!!! I burned really bad = red head oops white hair now..... I was so happy when I finished so do the Happy Dance !!!!!

I'll have to think of an outrageous story .............

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

4 congrats on finishing, did they celebrate with you? I got a certificate and all the staff signed it, they were all so nice. Flatsy hope you are doing ok. So far so good on the Navelbine. Getting a little bone pain, but that's about it. Last of the wedding company going home tomorrow, my sister from Florida. Wish I could go with her. Praying Veggys ok.....

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Mary,

We did celebrate! Even the doctor! I had them all sign my bolus and told them I was going to hang it on my wall!

I started burning about a week ago. Not horrible though. I am auburn headed, but white/gray now too without help. Don't care as it is still on my head!

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Someone Please, send a message to Granny RE: Veggy. I haven't got her phone number. In the past when this many posts re:Veggy have occurred, she will post something. She has been known to lurk for periods of time, but post when posts of concern came up.

$sewW---congrats

Flatsy can't wait for the outrageous------can be good or bad or amusing.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited November 2013

Hopelessly behind again....you can count on me for that almost always. Saying a hearty hi to all anyway.

Lilli

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

4 WOOOOOHOOOOOOO

HAPPY DANCE TIME

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Miss 4..........

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

For 4.

Really worried about Veggy. Will message Granny again.

Big hugs

Oh dear not dancing maybe they will

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Thanks Ladies!

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013
  • 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Good Morning Hoolies!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited November 2013

Love that sew. Good morning to everyone.

LilliSmile

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Apparently it's all over national news, a sinkhole ate a house this morning. It's about a mile from me. Scary stuff!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

OMG.....really scary.....I know I will probably "end up in hell"......but I damn sure don't want the "sinkhole" version.......,WTH is coming next..........this is insane......absolutely horrible....stay safe Spookie......