Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013

We were just told not to go down the hill by a neighbor friend (our snow plow guy) - roads are so slick going to town we can't drive on them.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013

Here is what it looks like at the moment - Sun just came up LOL:

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited December 2013

OMG, can't believe it.  I'm not behind like I usually am.  I don't know a lot of you well, but do want you to know whatever you may be going through right now.....I care.  Just because !!!  That's why I keep coming though I keep up with everyone and what may be happening at any given time quite badly. 

Cammii, don't know what you got up North.....but we have 7 inches and it is still snowing.  Dh just went out to finish cleaning off my car ( thank God for 4 - wheel drive ) and will go to town for milk which we forgot as I made hot breakfast ( rice with raisins and chia seeds )  and now we can't eat it.  We may get as much as 4 more inches or five......what a lead - in to Christmas.  Of course, I do like a white one, but I feel like this was too gentle and would have liked something a bit milder as a beginning.  After all.....the day before yesterday it was in the 60's and people were out without coats.  Sigh !!!!  

Don't know but this might be a wash - out too.....my server didn't download my mail.....but all programs are opening......and I cleaned my computer ( in -box  ) just a couple days ago.

Chevy --- hoping you and any one else that lives in snow country will be fine.  We are just hoping and praying  that we don't lose power.....which is not totally likely now that the ice-storm has passed. 

Will see you all later.

Lilli

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013

Hi April, yea bad time here.

GMA just do what 4444 said don't move out of u'r home.

Jackie wow u'r getting hit by this storm, our temps are way down, but so far no snow. So I don't know how this weather is going, cuz we usually get it and u don't. And I like a sprinkling of snow at Christmas but not inches at all and in  no time it's so dirty it's not so nice to look at.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited December 2013

Hi called ENT's office. He's actually out on medical leave, but he's checking in. I faxed my copy of the report b/c they hadn't received it yet from the hospital. Not unusual that they hadn't received hard copy yet,  it takes longer going through usual channels. That's why I always pick up. If he were in the office he could pull it up on computer, but he's not. I'm not concerned about a low functioning goiter, but whether it's cancer.

April sent you a PM on Veggy. Sorry you had to find out in general reading. Just FYI there are multiple approaches to weaning and withdrawal prevention. A drug suboxone is superlative for out of hospital withdrawal from narcotics. The doc has to be certified. But duh doesn't help your DH. Must have been really tough.

Chevy starting a flare, but I think the cider is stopping it. I do know it is controlling it's advancement.

To all I know you are in a mess to the west and north. Any surmising what's causing it. WE in the south and east have a bad hurricane season when EL Nino is the trend and mild season when EL Nina is the trend. Hope you all stay safe.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2013

Julia, I know what you mean about folks here not knowing how to drive in snow. And worse, refuse to admit it and stay off the streets. DH and former BIL learned to drive in Anchorage, so both are experienced snow drivers. When we moved here BIL told DH to NOT drive in the snow here. Once I saw the hills, I took myself off the snow driving list. There are hills downtown that are hard to walk down, especially when wet. It's cold here, but no precip.

SAS, Hoping for good news on your thyroid. DIL had thyroid CA a year or 2 after they married. She's had 2 children since and is doing fine. It's been so long now that it's not affecting her insurance rates any more.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2013

Well we dodged the freezing rain out here. Not so good in the DFW area itself. Lots of carports gone under and trees. Many without power. It looks like we got more sleet/snow out west of Ft Worth rather than the freezing rain predicted. Not really much ice on trees. DH called into work; DD has a job that in a pinch can be done from home. She works logistics for retailer. Tracking FedEx trucks at present. So all tucked in. DH said goaty barn was actually a little warm but they can move out from under the heat lamps and their doors are open.

SS party cancelled for tomorrow night. I'm in class with much older people - well I am older Ha Ha. So driving at night is a pickle much less in dicey weather condition.

SweetPea - Austin keeps you moving and busy. I think Ducky is right, less time to stew about things.

Where is everybody?

This storm is a monster. I hope anyone in the Ohio valley is tucked in safe. Need DH to check with his sister in KY. I think Arkansas hit hard and still covered over. Quatre you getting any of this stuff or the ahead of it thunderstorms?

Lilli - I keep dry milk on hand. I buy a box with separate envelopes. It works great in oatmeal and such and I can't even taste it. Not too fond of it to drink but would cook with it without a problem. We tend to let milk go bad; don't go thru a gallon quick enough but won't pay prices for 1/2 gallon.

Gma - stay safe and hope withdrawals better today. Is that a lot of snow for you?

Sassy - thinking of you and your scan. Hope your ENT gets back to you soon.

As to what's causing this weather? We had the same kind of storm but prob. 10 times worse in 1978, the 1st ice storm I remember as a responsible adult. We had plenty of warning for this but some did not take it seriously since weathercasters blew same forecast 2 weeks ago. It is just way too early. "Entombed in ice" per the news. And Ha Ha just watched again on Weather Channel that no severe weather 1st week of Dec for sure covered Texas/AR/KY I think (to be fair I believe this was done the last week of Nov). O boy they missed that one. Now do I believe that Texas will have a warmer than normal winter????

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

Well, the temperature is up to 10 above! We went to the Grocery store.... supposed to STAY cold until next Wednesday.... Side streets still snow-packed, but the main streets are traveled and better....

Sass.... I know.... That Dishydrotic Eczema comes and goes, but the flare-ups aren't as bad! I still use gloves whenever I can.... And I use the cream I made.... Vaseline, Fluocinonide ointment and that 40% zinc oxide that I get from Super Target. Also mixed with Mentholatum. Try it, before you put soft gloves on.... I sleep with them on, and wear them whenever my hands aren't in water during the day.

Littlegoats! I used to keep dry milk on hand also. We have a little Kerosene heater on right now.... But we have a heat dish that we bought from Costco, when we aren't using our furnace...

Wren, the older I got, the more afraid I am to drive in the snow and ice.... I drive slow enough, for the conditions, but the OTHER drivers, mostly with Pick-up trucks drive like there ain't no tomorrow! They have no fear! But we just stay in, now that we are retired and don't HAVE to go anywhere!

Jackie, just stay in if you can! I don't think this weather is going to let up for awhile!

Talk to you all later!

• illinoislady
    edited December 2013

LMGoats, great idea about the dry milk.  We have spoiled ourselves so much.  We go to the Farm Fresh store here and buy milk in the bottle for $1.65.  It tastes better than the milk in the carton and actually lasts fairly well, but every so often ( like today ) the last inch or two in the bottom doesn't make it. 

We drink 1 % but if Dh would let me I'd go to skim.  I do think you need a little fat in the milk to cook some things.  I've slowed down  on cooking....just me and him so it is not worth the bother.  A lot of time I cook one day and do enough for the next several days. 

Hope the Texas weather holds good.  I rally don't mind snow.....in fact, missed it a lot the 25 years we lived in southern California.  But I really would have preferred to skip the ice coating underneath and that it would come a little slower. 

Good thoughts sas that your thyroid will behave.  Like Gilda Radner was so fond of saying, " It's always something ".

Lilli 

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013

here is some news.......went to my Cardio today...routine visit....we got to talking, and now that 1% milk was mentioned by Lilli this is what he told me to do.......we were discussing calcium in milk for the bone and he said..........

Stop drinking low fat milk.......drink full fat because low fat has much more sugar then full fat, and the sugar is much worse for you then the fat.............I said really.......he said yes, because the sugar is converted to fat,so that is worst because you have excess sugar, plus fat........makes sense.....F

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013

Ducky, you are right about that because low carb diets allow cream, sour cream and full fat dairy because the sugar in low fat screws up the chemistry of the diet. Not surprised your doc told you that now that I think of the way low carb diets work.

Ok, gonna make dinner and check my cat's blood sugar (an ear poke, yup fun! but he is in remission for two weeks now YES!)

• sas-schatzi
    edited January 2014

By next week we're going to have to do a roll call to see who's who and who've each has decided to be. I'll start off then as people add the old ,the, new, and the wanna be, I'll keep adding names to this list as I see them.

"A child of many names is much loved"

*ChickaD, ChickieD, chickadee, Miss chickie, chickie, chickiepoo, Dchickie,Chickadana, Our Baby Dana, Chicklet-- OHIO, Work travel agent.Treatment: BMX with DIEP sameday-surgical history; chemo to start approx may 17th2013-done, Almost done with rad Nov 2013, Furballs:Shepards-Tasha& Samantha, and Cooper. Rides a Harley. Travels ALLOT. Realestate baroness_good person to visit ;)  Contact:sassy

*Mary, Marywhat, Marywho, Marywhen, Marywhere, Marywhy, Maryhowmuch, Maryhowoften, Marycontray, Ice-road Trucker,IRT Short for I-R-Trucker,  2children(?)Hoedown Girl(Nov9th2013 DS wedding), NORTH CAROLINA,Treatment:chemo, Furball:ZiggyDog; Contact:Sassy

*Camilegal, Cami, Spunky, Spunkie, GS-Joey, ILLINOIS, Treatment:done,Furball:Kati-Kat, Contact:sassy

*Chevyboy, Chevy, Olds, Chevette,Chevylicious,Chevorlette, GM Chevy, Elizabeth Darling.--Ed, Dahling...  2 daughters, COLORADO, Wrote a book while at Coors that she's very proud of: "A Rose  and a Glass of Beer", Treatment: Tamox, done with the damn stuff caused hearing loss;;  furball: lacee Jayne-Sheltie, Contact:Phylliss

*Pdgraham, Phyll, Phyllis, Phyllopian(phoenetically that's fa'-lop-pian, Chevy did you really mean to call her a tube attached to the uterus?), Phillissians(now Chevy's got you in the bible), Ph/pH now your a measurement symbol for acid/base balance. Choro-phyll ah environmentally correct producing___? Is it oxygen or sugar? Phyllo Dough. Phyllopteryx (the weedy seadragon) now she's a dinosaur er weed?. PhollicleDamage speaks for itself. Phyllandita, is this a drink or a plant species, PK,Phillidromia=plant?, Phyllipinat, Miss Pie Dough, Phylissnavidad, Phyllylopsided NE, Treatment:chemo, Furball:none, Contact:sassy/Chevy/Ducky/Jan/Chickie

*duckyb1, Ducky, Prom queen, MHC, Duckling, Duckmiester, Miss Ducky, Duckster, Duck,  PA, Treatment: AI, Prettiest,sexiest, & member of MHC. Contact:Grannydukes

*Sas- Schatzi, Sas, sassy, cassyorlina, sassafrass, FL., Treatment: BMX, recon, chemo, brainsx, done, Furballs: Schatzi-germanwired haired pointer(GWP), Dini nosey lizard chasing lab: Contact: CkickaD, GMA, Lindan3, Julianna, Stacey, Marywh, PdGraham,Wren44, blondie

Red, Carla Terry Hunt, our Angel 5/4/2013

April485, Stretch (am 4'11" - Ha!), Glinda the GoodWitch, Treatment Rads May 2013, Furball:, Contact:

*Shellshine, Shell, Shells, Shinyshells, HA. Treatment:TE to foobs May2013, Furball:, Contact:Stacey, Marywh,sassy

*Kathindc, Kathy, Kathy-in-dc, Treatment: None, Furball: taking care of daughter's cat (that I'm allergic to) and dog when she travels, Contact: ocassional poster, home thread elsewhere she's okay :)

Cmbernardi, Flower, Flowermound, Flowers, Ms Flowers, Carolyn, TX, Treatment: chemo-done, broken foot5/13,  Back to work pops in when she can,  Furball:Broadway Rudy Guiliani dog, Contact:sassy

*Chabba,Treatment: lumpectomy, radiation done, 4th fo 5yrs of Tamoxifen,problem toe now4/13, Furball:Yo aka Pal, Goof, Contact:Sassy

*VEGGY, Plain Ole Veggy, Veg, Val, PA., Passed Now our angel11/12/13 

*Blondiex46, Blondie, Sandy, Miss Purple, Blondiepurpledarling, akaBPD, PA., Treatment:chemo, Furball:, Contact: sassy, Scottie

*Wren44, WA., Treatment:LX, re-excision, MX 2012. 1year anastrasole done/4 to go. Furball:none, Contact:sassy

Mericat, mer, meri, MARYLAND, Treatment:, Furball:,Contact:sassy

*Iatiger, IATig, Tigger, Tig , IOWA, Treatment Bmx, no chemo/rads, TE exchange 5/13., Furballs: 4 kitties, Jazz- 16, Jack-5, Sniggle & Fritzy both 3, Contact:

Beatmom, Brenda, OK., Treatment: Halaven 12/7//13, Furball:, Contact:Philly  I think

*GMAfoley, GMA, OR., Three grands that she dotes on, Treatment:Problem Sleep apnea/Insomnia, dizziness Oct 2012 on a break, Furball: My Tigger Dog, Contact:sassy, Bernardi

*savgigi,  Jeanie, GiGi , Jinxy Treatment:LX/SLND/IORT/AI, Furball:Kitty-Maggie, Contact: sassy, chickie

*Julianna, Jule(s), Jewel, Treatment:BMX,AI, Furball:none, Contact:Sassy, Shells, Marywh,Stacey

*Jan69, Jan I am, Jamarama-ding-dong, Jan the Ding DongTreatment: BMX done; chemo/rads 2011done, Furball: thumper, bambi gopher, smokey the bear, Contact:sassy

ShaneOak, Shane, Thread originator now occassionally pops in when she's pissed. Treatment:, Furball:, Contact:

*Spookiesmom, Spookie,FL.Treatment:Done, Furball:spookie, Contact:sassy

Dvrgrl, Alaska, Treatment:, Furball:,Contact:

Stacey, SweetPea , nurse, Son Austin, DH TIMTreatment:chemo5/13, sx in 6/13, now into rads; Furball:, Contact:sassy

*Luvmygoats, Luv, littltlegoats, Now gentlewoman goat keeper, Bucky won't be keeping those girls prego any more. TX., Treatment:, Contact

Dwilli4483,Dwilli, Dwilliwillinilli,Treatment:, Furball:,Contact:, julianna

Mostlymom,WV, 2 kidsTreatment:, Furbabies:Dog-jessie-Australian shepard, DD kermit mostly pug. Contact:sassy

Charles Petley Az(?) ocassional poster prefers Charles, seriously doesn't like chuck or chuckie: Lawyercontact sassy

4sewwhat,4$$$,$$$$,4: 4 kids 3boys 1girl. Treatment :rads almost done. Work: cook extrodinaire. Furball:

Alyson, Ally, Allie form Auckland. Protestor of lot's of things as a troublemaking flower child ;). Treatment: For bone mets and RA(?), contact: ChrissyB

Gardengumby, GG, Gumby, Work Information technology-IT, Retires Nov 2 2013.YAY, Treatment:, Contact:

DI#, Di KIds:, Work:retired, treatment:, Furballs:, Contact:Chevy, sassy

Illinois Lady, Lilli, Jackie.

Sandcastle, occassional poster.

Stellina--new oct31st 2013--Hooligan in training. Furball: cats whose names are_________

Bounce whom we hopes decided to become a hooligan  in training versus a lurker.

Flatsy, kansas,Mo., One DD, Deconstruction11/13

Holeinone, Golfgirl, hoynun

Crog-, sguishy,, cindy

WOULD DID I MISS???????????????

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2013

Thought I'd bring the list forward.. If you can take a look and see if someone else needs a PM about Veggy. I know names need added. Please, make it easy on my brain. Just post them so I don't have to think. Thanks

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited December 2013

holeinone needs to be added

I know there is someone else but haven't found their post-flatsy?

Took my GD out in her first snow. She loved it. She couldn't figure out where the snow went when she put it in her hand.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

Thanks Sassy! How did you DO all of that! By the way.... Sir Charles lives in Wyoming..... He is world famous... allegedly... Loopy I mean he is some sort of lawyer for something... like maybe employee stuff..... He is on the Internet?

And Ducky is a member of the MHC! Ha! Not the MIC club..... oh wait, maybe she is..... but I don't know what that is.

And I would like to be known as Elizabeth Darling.... I just like that name.... "Dahling".... or ED for short....

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

OMG Sas u remember more than I do Looks good to me.

Ducky I forgot that about the milk, Holy Toledo--All this time Chit Thank You I will spread the word.

Chevy I was on U-Tube for about an hr--Cuz I went into Willie and found my favorite--U were Always on my Mind. Then I cruzzed all over the place Proud Mary and all. LOL

As I said earlier we missed all that Lilli had no snow at all here I was actually waiting for it, cuz usually Lillie has warmer wether and clear while we have a Blizzard. Stay In.

I;m trying to type---with all my fingers--I'm telling the truth now the keys are such a decimal off from a typewriter I can not do it, But if u learned on a computer it would be fine and I cut my nails finally. This is another interesting fact from the mind of Camille, things that have not been studied but I just know LOL Geeze I might have been able to get a grant to prove it Damn. (sorry Lilli)

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Cami...love Willie Nelson.........my husband use to sing to me...Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain..........he knew he was dying, and when he would see me upset he would put that CD on our Bose and play it......., and eventually I was listening to it alone......

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited December 2013

Chickie I am thinking of you always, please take care of yourself also....

Chevy, hey how r u

and Sassy no was sick of the food, stopping eating there....

am feeling better, just taking time....went to MO yesterday, was considering stopping chemo if the lungs would get better without it, well they nixed that the lungs are not because of chemo cause of cancer.....waiting for a few more results from the pathology report, so have to go back to MO next thursday and he is switching chemo to havalen, I think...we will see....so glad to continue to feel better.....

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2013

ED, why does this make me think of you??

image Wait, maybe i shouldn't refer to you as ED in the same post as a sex joke!!!

• illinoislady
    edited December 2013

Ah....does sound like your Dr. had a good point ducky.....but I don't use enough milk most of the time for it to be an issue.  Some people use a lot in cereal ( which is mainly all I use it for most of the time ) and my Dr. gives me calcium pills to take.....in fact, they are calcium plus D-3 and I've managed to stay ahead of the game so far.......but once I got diagnosed with the big one here....I don't hold my breath on anything anymore. 

SAS....thanks so much for getting me on the list.

Hope you are all having a good day.  I have been out three times....to feed the dogs, and clean the deck and sidewalk, and my car......oh, it is not very nice out there.  We of course, had to do the deck twice.....and steps etc.  We are going to be really cold ( but today should be the last of the snow for now ) for nearly a week.  Sun tomorrow.....will help it feel a little better I think.  Sun usually always makes me feel good....I bloom a little when its out there.  Warms my heart and soul. 

Having turkey soup tonight and later some orange jello with pineapple, celery and pecans in it.  I don't know why, but it seemed like a good idea this afternoon.  I also ground up a bunch of ham and made a huge dish of ham salad.  Funny how staying in can make you want to fill the fridge with good things to nibble on.  I have lost 22 #'s now and so far, so good.  The activity level had kept it dropping off rather than on.

See you all in the morning.

Lilli

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

lol...we discussed calcium cause with a previous Mi you need to watch calcium...too much is no good..........so he asked how much I get a day .

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2013

Hmmm. We drink about a gallon a week between 2 people. Most of it is in coffee, although we have cereal once or twice. DH's doc told him to drink nonfat after his bypass surgery. But the thinking may have changed. I'm still not sure if eggs are good or bad at the moment.

• illinoislady
    edited December 2013

I get fairly regular blood work-ups from the V.A. and they help me keep track of where I am with everything. Most of my Dr.'s have indicated  that using a little milk for cereal and in cooking is all that an adult needs.  Also heard the same from the three nutritionists that I've worked with for overall health and well-being.  I don't use much milk for my cereal.  I think my husband used to put in a lot to cool his cereal down......I want to taste the cereal.....not the milk.  Ah, we all have to be a little different.  Its taken 38 years to get him to come around, but I have a few other ideas I need to tame if I can.  Ahem.   Not going to tell him that.

Lilli

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Ducky I'm sorry if it made u sad, songs have so many memories in them. I remember my parents last anniversary together 65th, they had a party and my mom requested a first song for just them to dance to (of course if u knew my mom we were a little embarrassed) but they danced to After the lovin--and we all were teary eyed cuz wne my mom died my dad said I lost my best friend. And we all thought of that song. So memories can be so bittersweet, I loved them so much and they gave me such a good life and a fun one and I was lucky to have them well into my 50's and into my 60's-not so vry long ago.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013

Juliaana, thx for remembering this newbie !

Sas, game warden, head of the hoolies posse...woman of many talents, not exactly sure of the game plan but count me in.....all this colorful banter, the love & support...it is what the Dr. Ordered...I chose holeinone, thinking I needed to be anonymous...like hiding from the reality of my new identity...my name is Shirley, married 32 years, 2 fabulous kids...I will be happy with any name...thx for the info on Binney & Kira, the flying thread is perfect..we are thinking about a trip to Hawaii, when I am done with rads...

• illinoislady
    edited December 2013

Wren....I eat lots of eggs, but they are Eggland's Best or brown eggs from free-range chickens.  I don't mean to sound uppity, but have found by comparison that brown eggs just seem to have a richer flavor.  They are a lot dearer to buy and so far....I'm keeping up but I worry all the time about my champagne taste with some things.  Never should have been so kind to myself back when things were a bit better with the jobs and income.  Oh well....I've never been known exactly for my ability to plan ahead too far. 

My Mom used to drink gallons of milk in her coffee --- skim, I think and lo and behold she turned up with a calcium deficiency.  SAS -- maybe you know something about this.  I didn't understand it, but somehow got the impression that your body can only use so much calcium.............so at some juncture, your body becomes un-able to absorb and use it properly.  To be fair, my mother had C.O.P.D. and when discovered she only lived about 8 months after.  So a lot was happening to her........her sugar numbers went crazy along with bone issues -- needed Fosamax --- but that is when the information turned up.  Just before she passed away......some cancer was found in one lung.......jmho but I think likely by all the stress of trying to breathe along with the air left her lungs all the time. 

Sorry Wren...I didn't mean to go off in all directions.......but did find it interesting.  I think the rule of thumb has been to try and use most food with moderation......and I'm the first one laughing at myself.  I do all right with some things but put a cheese-cake within a mile of me and its gone.  Hope I don't gain too much from now will after these holidays are over......

Lilli

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013

Lilli, Have you ever had an opportunity to try Araucana chicken eggs?  They too are a richer tastier egg, especially when raised "free range".

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Oh Lilli thanks a lot--Chevy is no doubt sleeping but u started up about eggs. Oh all morning we're going to be talking about this.LOL

Shirley U'r family sounds great and a DH (dear husband) for that long is wonderful--It's so nice to welcome u, but I'm sorry we are welcoming u here.

OOHH My job is crazy--U know my DD and I both started working--we barely make it every month, but our luck with making money is like a person drowning is being thrown an anchor. Any and everything is not going right for either of us. hahaha We self prophocize (sp, if that's a word) My mind is raggED another thing is I just took a pain pill and u must know by now that at first I get  burst of some awkward lift then I come down to a slow mellow and all this time my pain lessens?? So I do blabber a lot--mostly to myself when I'm not on the computer--I told u I have voices in my head and they are all mine but I like them--they sort things out, but later I'm in the same rut that I started.

Oh OH I saw a Beer-rita commercial for beer and cranberry juice --I don't drink but I thought that sounds interesting so I might buy it--the hell with the Aunti-B for a while and I won't take any pain meds but it just sounds so interesting to me. My sister has a glass or 2 of red wine every nite--so she doesn't take much else and she's doing a lot better than me so I should try something different--Oh well maybe loosing weight would help, but liquor might help rather than hinder.

• illinoislady
    edited December 2013

Chabba....sounds really interesting.  I don't think I've seen any in our local stores.  Where do you get them????  Of course, have to admit, I live in a town of only 14,000 people --- so not a booming metropolis here.  We can go to major shopping if you wish to drive an hour or more......and occasionally do, but never much for groceries. 

Glad you understood when I said the flavor of brown eggs was just richer.  I heard this from someone else.....several years ago and was going, yeah, right to myself.  So.....being curious....I went out that day and bought a carton of brown eggs and did a side by side taste test......and found out it was true.  On rare ( if there are no brown eggs to be found ) occasion I will buy white eggs, but do all in my power not too.  Thanks for telling me....I'm going to see if there are any around here.

Lilli

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013

Lilli, you will probably have to find someone who raises them. 

They are interesting birds.  No two look alike.  There vast variations in feather colors, patterns and length.  They are often called the Easter egg chicken because while each hen lays only one color egg they lay pink, green or blue eggs.  The breed was raised in South America for fighting cocks.