Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited December 2013

Hi Hooligans,  Hope this week has started well for everyone.  Cami--yeah back to work 3 weeks post surgery--By the middle of today, my implanted side was hurting.   By the end of the day, I felt like I was carrying around a weight on that side.   Came home and slept -- taking a pain pill.  One more full day this week and three half days to go. Starting Friday, I will have a Christmas break of a couple weeks.  Now the rest of this week..I pray I don't get sick because it would cost me about $1500 to miss this week of work.  On the funny side, to minimize moving around too much,  I stayed in my classroom all day while my kids typed up their essays for their semester exam.   .  My boss did not know I had returned to work today, so  she came to my house after work to bring me dinner.  Well I was at home- hurting, tired and sleeping in the back bedroom-- did not even hear the doorbell or her knocking.   By the time I woke up==there were about 6 people looking for me--not knowing where the hell I was--- trying to figure out where I had disappeared. When I woke, I had so many messages; I had to call all of them and tell them I was in my back bedroom knocked out from my first day of work. Half of them thought I had got sick or lost between work and home, and the other half didn't even know I was at work although they worked right down the hall from me.   Guessing that means I am loved!! Smile

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013

Dwill that's such a funny sweet story. How loved u are . And u were brought dinner too. Oh I hope it all goes well for u now and I'm glad u'r off with the kids it'll give u more time to feel better.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013

DH is much improved. His heart rate and blood pressure are near normal. Edema is still bad but has quit weeping. He is anxious to come home and thinks he might come home tomorrow. However, today they were talking about sending him to a nursing for 5 days. He said no way, he's going home. I suspect they might try to keep him another day or two.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

Chabba.... I remember going to see my Dad in Ca. after my Mom passed away.... He was a mess.... His legs had gotten very swollen, and they were weeping also! I asked him what was WRONG?..... And he said he thinks it is his pills.... something about his blood work... actually he just didn't know! He didn't think it was any big deal, because he was used to it....

I dried his legs off, and rubbed this ointment on them....

I drove him to emergency, because I had never seen anything LIKE that.... They gave him more pills... They seemed to know his whole history. He had to take blood thinners, and more pills to counteract THAT....

Your DH might need blood tests pretty often? Just to get it regulated..... Let us know...okay? Does he have CHF? They can treat that pretty well.... My Mom also had CHF.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013

wow, here is my story........my Mother had colon cancer.....long story short rhetoric did end up in and out of the hospital.......unlike many cancer patient's who look emaciated when they have cancer, she looked full end healthy, yet she was a tiny woman......it was fluid......

When she died all that fluid seeped through her skin....the undertaker told me he had to wrap her body, under her clothes in plastic to keep the fluid from coming through her clothes for the viewing......he had her body draining for 3 days, and it was still seeping.......when they were doing the final viewing before they close type lid....I could see on her long sleeves of her dress that they were wet........so I know whst you mean......

I had never seen of heard of that........even her eyes were watery in the hospital when I was there....send her bed always being changed......sad isn't it...."

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

wow, here is my story........my Mother had colon cancer.....long story short she did end up in and out of the hospital.......unlike many cancer patient's who look emaciated when they have cancer, she looked full end healthy, yet she was a tiny woman......it was fluid......

When she died all that fluid seeped through her skin....the undertaker told me he had to wrap her body, under her clothes in plastic to keep the fluid from coming through her clothes for the viewing......he had her body draining for 3 days, and it was still seeping.......when they were doing the final viewing before they close the lid....I could see on her long sleeves of her dress that they were wet........so I know what you mean......

I had never seen of heard of that........even her eyes were watery in the hospital when I was there....and her bed always being changed......sad isn't it...."

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013

Chabba, hope he does ok. I know that's a worry. Me, im getting over chemo, well, steroids, the chemo is not that bad. The steroids are a monster. Got home last night trying to find somebody to be mad at, so I just went to bed. Hoping I can hold out one more week without problems so I can go to Florida for new years, but if I have to skip next week due to low wbc Ill have to make it up the week of the first. Skipping two weeks messes me up to much and those little buggers come back fast. Glad to hear from everybody that's been hiding, Dwill glad your first day back was ok for you, and you can make it through the next few days really well.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Hi Mary, Mary, .......I'm not hiding honey.....I'm here.....some of the ladies have told me about another thread to visit called Insomniac's........have several favorites......I play the games, and love them...not sure I need another favorite, but WTH....what is one more.......maybe some night when I can't sleep and I'm too foggy for gamed I will give it a shot.......but not sure yet.......

Hope youet your treatment straightened out do you can enjoy your holidays........frankly, I will be glad when it's the day after New Years......LOL..........

Very tired of this nutty weather......cold, and either snow, fleet, or rain.......miserable....talk about depressing.....

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2013

Good morning Hoolies

Can't really type as they bandaged my arm from fingers to armpit! It is so padded I can't even put on a long sleeve shirt. But then I can't do dishes either!

Decided after much research and deliberation to cancel my hystero/ooph for now too, so only doing swap for squishies is 2 weeks. Just want to hold tight for a while and not mess with my system again. Feeling really good and don't want to upset that apple cart for now.

Ducky and Gma my LE therapist told me about a lotion that helps topically. Thought I would pass it along. She is also getting me a consult with a doctor here that does node transplants since I had so many removed.

http://lymphoderm.com/about.html

Don't know is it would help or not

Have a good day all

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013

Bummer - it has lavender in it and I'm allergic to lavender.. Why does it have to be in EVERYTHING. GRRR.

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013

Sorry :0(

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited December 2013

Morning my friends...sending out love and healing for all those struggling...xoxo

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013

dwill, what a trooper you are to be back in the classroom. Happy for you that you are almost to Xmas break...

Mary, New Years in Florida sounds marvelous, I hope it works out for you, & those WBC keep strong

Chabba, glad to hear DH is on the mend, even if its slow, he has to be anxious to get home.

4seewhat, you have so much going on, kids, work, I feel like a slug compared to all you are doing. Sounds like wait & decide later on the other surgeries is a smart choice..

To all in the Hoolies posse, happy Tues. I cannot get over how close Christmas is. I agree with you Ducky, I want 2014 to be here, so we can have a fresh start. That is silly cause we will haul our problems, SE, fatigue right into the New Year with us, but it has great potential......golf girl..

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013

Happy_dance : beauty girl dance on grey background  DH is home!  Doing very well.  I'm exhausted and headed for bed soon.

• Holeinone
    edited December 2013

Chabba, ahh, what a good feeling...home sweet home.., he will heal quicker & be more relaxed @ home.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013

Chabba,

Happy to read your hubby is home.....get some rest!

Di

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Chabba so glad u'r DH is home, maybe u can at lest rest some now.

Ducky I remember my mom telling me about here mom (my grandma--who I never knew) but anyway she would tell me about her weeping legs, I guess I thought it was an expression back then, it seems by now that wouldn't be happening anymore. How sad for u.

44444 I'm glad u've decided to wait u'r so busy u need a break from hospitals.U must have that wrap that u almost look like a package wrapped for delivery, that was goofy to me.

One week from today is Christmas eve, I can not believe it. oooooo

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited December 2013

Glad your hubby is home Miss Chabba!

Mine is cranky...so hopefully that means he is feeling a bit better...lol

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited December 2013

Glad to hear the DHs are on the mend.  Mine is doing--he is getting cabin fever and grumpy.

Dwilli- sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your exchange.  Hope you can find relief while you are on break.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013

Hi all, I have been reading, just not writing.  Charles, I'm glad someone had the gumption to tell him what was bugging you. My old saying, "what goes around comes around".  

I am praying for all that are hurting and dealing with chemo, tests and other SE's.  

I did see my PCP yesterday. We talked about what we should do with the pain meds. We decided that getting off the Gralise and starting over, might be the way to go. We have narrowed it down, from the first drop in dose, that it is one of the main causes in the dizzy and nausea.  Getting rid of one med at a time. Many of my meds have the dizzy and nausea SE and when you put them all together, well that is my problem.  I have to be strong in doing this as I will have withdrawals and pain. But I have been on this med for almost 3 years and need to know what and where the pain is. This will be hard for me but will give it my best shot.

Its been a hell of a December: 10 days of freeze/snow - which means no work for DH during that time; broken well pipes, no water, withdrawals from pain meds, Pain Doctor ignoring me; health insurance issues; resigning from my JoAnn Fabrics job; DH fell 2 days ago and is very sore; No money to go visit family for Christmas. DH and I decided I need health insurance, so he is going to get me some but he will be without until such time as we have the money to do so.  Love you all.  

For the ones that haven't gone or don't need another favorites to my new pictures topic (http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/102/topic/815825?page=1#idx_12) Here is one of my beautiful pictures for you to see here. 

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

GMA......beautiful picture...when I look out my window I see the house across the street....lol

Hope this all works out for you.....one day at a time.....maybe 2014 will be kinder to us....

Please don't think I am prying, but with you losing your job, and hubby out of work, does that change the numbers at all for assistance......

Maybe they will get everything right this time around with regards to your meds.It's is a beginning....hugs.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013

Ducky - he only lost work for that week - Making up for it this week Winking And the JoAnn job was only 6 hours a week.  I worked there for their part-timers health insurance, which as of the 31st, won't be given.  I do have a 40 hour a week computer job at home (no insurance with them).  Yes, if you add that up - it meant I WAS working 46 hours/week - as of the 31st, I will be working ONLY 40 hours.. Its a good job so we will still be over with no assistance.  I am able to work, maybe its pride, maybe its ethic, but I can't just quit all my jobs to get assistance. I do have physical issues with the Fabric Store job, so it is actually a blessing that I am quitting that one.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

GMA......My husband was a carpenter so know what the time off is like........just hope it all works out for you.....hoping and praying.....

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Foley u've had quite a time of all this crap---all we can do is send u prayers, in hopes this is the start to clear things up for u-- And like so many, u'r caught in a catch 22 with Insurance. That's awful. I do hope u'r meds get all straightened out and 2014 will bring better health for u.

• Holeinone
    edited December 2013

Mary, I loved your comment on finding someone to be mad at....sometimes the stress & the physical pain gets the best of us & we have to let it rip somewhere...hope you are feeling ok

Happy Wednesday..Christmas is one week from today...Yikes...

I have an appt. with MO today, hopefully get scheduled with the radiologist for rads...or I am going to find someone to be mad at...they make you wait too long...

Golf girl

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2013

Oh Gma I'm gonna die laughing!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited December 2013

GMA wow that is alot to deal with just know we are here....

Mary thinking of you.....

all others, {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

me canceled new chemo til the 27th officially now I can have a christmas without being sick.....bbl

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013

Hey Hoolies!  Still one handed so this is short!!  hope all are well

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited December 2013

Hello Hoolies,  Just checking in!  Happy Wednesday to you all!