Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013

I also need prayers for my niece who is mentally slow. She is 36 years old and had to be put in a nursing home. She is having a hysterectomy on Christmas eve. She has a foot large mass in her uterus and doesn't have the part of her mental faculties to ever say, "Mom my stomach hurts". I think my sister (the one that just went through chemo for BC) feels guilty that they never found it. Niece also has a clot in her leg, so they have to do a special procedure before the surgery so the clot doesn't go to her heart. Doctor says she might not make it.

Having a rough time of it this morning - loaded with emotions the holidays always bring (my dad passed 39 years ago from pancreatic cancer, 2 days after Christmas)  I can't believe I chose this timing to get off pain meds. 

Lets end on a positive note :
    My Cancer buddy - Little Bow Pink went everywhere with me during my treatments.. Who can keep a straight face looking at her!  I have her on my desk with my new turtle that my daughter made me. I haven't taken a picture of Turtle yet.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2013

Saying my Prayers Gma!  Very sad for your sister and neice.  Coming off pain meds now will be tough, but at least you get all the bad crap over at once and when the holidays are over it will be a new start.

Little Bow Pink is adorable.  I had "Bat Dog".  My then 13 year old went on a "mall Crawl" with 12-13 of his friends, mostly boys.  They all chipped in and went to Build a Bear and made him for me.  I thought that was so sweet of the kids to spend their money on me instead of cruising the mall for cool stuff!  Bat Dog (he is in a Batman outfit) has an Indian name I can't spell but had very special meaning for healing and well being.  He went to ALL my surgeries, treatments, etc...  He will be making another trip to the hospital on the 30th!!!

Try to find one good thing today and remember to take baby steps!

Sending Love and Prayers!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013

Shellshine....best wishes to to your DH & you....tough bump in the road..

Ducky, 6 lbs ? Gifts for family ?

4 see what....as always great cartoons, nice way to start the day

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013

Pocket party at 11:30!!!!!!!!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013

I'm in...best of luck...

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013

I'm There in your pocket, Mary!

image>

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013

here Mary!

GMA, Godspeed on the withdrawl...never easy. I watched my hubby go through this and it was VERY hard for him.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013

4444 Nice way to wake up for all of u. Thanks--so much is going on.

Shell I knew u were busy, but I'm sorry I didn't realize all this confusion and hurt for u. I hope u'r settling down with all this.

Chevy I hope u'r OK--make sure u check u'r self well in a little while u know how that goes.

Foley it must be hard for u, with all this happening I hope they get u straightened out.

444 I do my excercises for my LE at home if that helps, they are kind of odd, but not hard I guess to get the fluids moving. And

Ducky what a time u had with u'r meatballs--u forget to allow for something like that.

In pockets today--whoa lot happening.

Hope everyone has a better day.

• april485
    edited December 2013

Now I want a meatball sandwich...lol

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013

meatballs for xmas eve.....also Eggplant parm, Stuffed shells, Sausage and peppers, and Lasagna.............Shrimp platter, Dips, Hoagie Tray, cheese tray........dessert is Rice pudding, pies, apple crisp,ice cream, and homemade cookies....

Sent my 2 grandsons in Chicago a gift package from The Chicago Steak Co.,...Filet mignon. Strip Steak, Steakburgers, and. Cheesecake.....they re not flying home for xmas.....

The rest will get $100.00 gift cards to our Homemade Pasta store,..did that last year and they loved it.....they said it beat a restaurant gift card anyday........my 6 kids and the married grandkids get that....single and younger ones will get a $100.00 check....

So glad it is almost over.......not a huge holiday person.......doing nothing Xmas day....thank heavens......

Call me Scrooge......Bah Humbug.....lol

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Ducky u do so much---and I think we all want to share Christmas eve with u'r family---Yummy--I have to say a lot sounds like what we have Christmas Eve and Christmas day same but we add ham and sausage and peppers and Prime rib but a lot of food way to much--we're about 35 Christmas day, and the same Christmas eve so ours lasts 2 days but it's all family and I so enjoy it then I collapse for 2 days after.

• april485
    edited December 2013

Ducky, will you adopt me and give me a 100.00 gift card for homemade pasta? LOL...I am making most of what you are Ducky! Great minds think a like. No hoagie platters though. Making Lasagna with homemade noodles that I have to make myself since I don't have a GC for homemade pasta..ha! Also making chicken parm and eggplant parm for the vegetarian kids (3 of them between my kids and hubby's) and making a Prime Rib on Christmas Day, Greek spinanch and cheese pies and an entire brunch menu with 2 different casseroles and some quiche for the earlier visitors. The Prime rib will be late afternoon/early evening on Christmas day. The italian feast is for Christmas Eve. Making shrimp too although not sure which way I want to make it this year.

Cake, cookies, pies...too much dang food! Even home made fudge.

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013

In all the pockets today............

My family does the deal on Xmas eve and I do nothing on the big day but stay home in my PJ's. We have a Chinese Rest close to home and they told us to come and eat with all the Jewish folks so I don't have to cook and it was a great idea and we have been doing it for about 7 years now. So if you do not want to cook find your local Chinese Rest and enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!  Happy Holiday.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

LOL Shades of the movie Christmas Story with the Chinese restaurant--Thank Goodness they're open for so many people, cuz a lot of families do the whole Christmas thing on Christmas Eve only Which is still lot so it's good to just lay back and relax Christmas Dy. The last couple of yrs. I couldn't do 2 days in a row--so I chose to do Christmas Day and so Christmas eve I do just relax. Just depends.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2013

3rd anniversary of my mastectomy is Sunday. As we always did Christmas dinner,  that year everyone but us went out for Chinese.  I told hubby that I'd be willing to go too, but he said no way!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2013

Well, I woke up and signed in early this morning and got so hooked on youse that I'm gonna be late now, oh well!!

First of all, Cammi, Ducky and Chevy - I had a very good LOL with all of your shenanigans. Chevy I hope your leg is ok. Ducky - you are a treasure.

Mary, I don't know what the PP is for but I'm in.

November was a very difficult month for me - DH had fallen and rebroken his arm, I took his car and hid it at another location  to keep him and all the other people on the road safe, then spent every spare minute I wasn't working looking after him - ER visits, hospitalizations, surgery, recovery, appointments, doing all the household chores, errands etc. Plus a new demanding job that can be quite intense. 

I'm glad I stuck by him, because we love each other very much, and he is really working hard to turn his health around. DS is also here so that makes my life way easier. My load is so much lighter now than it was a month ago. Not complaining - just letting you all know what was going on - didn't want to go into the details earlier  as it is just too hard to talk about when you are going through it.

Okay hoolies - I'll be back - for more good laughs and lots of love.

• gmafoley
    edited December 2013

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

shell...your the treasure......how does the song go.....Stand By Your Man.......and you did......my prayers to you and hubby for a much better 2014............no place but up......hugs girlfriend.......

So many times I wish I had my husband, but the good Lord took him home......very young, 56, but guess he needed him more........really tough in so many ways......but when the hand is laid on your shoulder.....you go........

Crazy thing is his mother lived to 96 years old, and his father was 103 1/2 when he died........amazing....

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013

Hang in there Shell....even though you live in Paradise....it sounds like what you've been through lately has been HELL! Sending hug across the Pacific!!

• di2012
    edited December 2013

Aly......7 years !!!

GG.....3 years!!!

Me, 1 year tomorrow since I had my BMX!

• di2012
    edited December 2013

Mary....always in your pocket

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

Hey gals!  Love reading about all your Christmas Eve and Day dinners!  I USED to do the 7 fishes thing on New Years Eve.... for the Italian ones in the Family....  It was  LOT of work....   Not counting the Vermicelli with Anchovies and garlic....... AND the Sausage bread we had to make every year....  Oh wait.... The truck load of Pizzelles.... and on and on and on.......Those butter Pizzelles were the best....    Our dog Chevy used to keep me company by the Pizzelle Iron, just WAITing...Loopy

Shells, we know what you are going through.... and I understand completely how much you love the little dink!  See, we can call our own DH's that, because  we earned it.

You just can't turn that love off....  Sometimes you like to shove it to the back burner, but it always sneaks back in.   Next Year will be a new beginning for you two.... and glad your Son is home.

CAMS!!!!  My neighbors are gone!  She brought over a $40 gift card to target, a bunch of vegetables, a dozen eggs from the girls!  I might have to not call them Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum ...... as often?   They better have that tarp up....  I mean how HARD is that? 

I could even do it!  In fact, I might have to!    My tail-bone is sore!   I might have re-think Crocs as my winter shoe....Ha!    Glad no-one saw me fall...  I would have probably laughed, at myself even! 

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Shell Bless u girl--u've really stayed n top of everything and I pray u have a beautiful New Year that u can concentrate on work and enjoy all of u'r home life.

Chevy I told u wait and see how u feel, after a fall it's like oh I got up then later things start hurting, pay attention and service u'rself-Shut up u know exactly what I mean u Hoolie u. And yes I so remember all the fish on Christmas Eve my brother still does that, it was so much work I used to help days of prepping to clean out the calamari , cuz we used to stuff them too, 1/2 of us never even liked fish--crazy Italians, we couldn't wait for the good food on Christmas Day hahha.

Ducky u are working hard for this holiday, not me, I stopped a few yrs back. So much. I don't know how u do it.

Wow u guys really know u dates for everything, I do remember the seasons for my stuff because of the driving. I do remember the sit down and hold u'r hand talk was around my birthday but a little more but not much else--I'm bad. I know.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

And we would buy that box of whole Squid?  And cut the top off?  And yee Gods it was a job!   I liked the other part.... Not the little squiggly parts!   I never liked Smelts, but the crab-legs were good, but I didn't like Oyster soup.   Why was it the 7 fishes?  Was it for luck or something? 

I just bought some Calimari steaks!  Then I'll take one out, and pound it flat, then bread it and fry it....  Now THAT is good!    And yes, Christmas we cooked a big ham, and some sort of Spaghetti...   or filled shells....  We did all we could to make it hard....Ha! 

I'm drinking a chocolate coke, so now I'm happy!  It's so cold out.... just 24.... and trying to .... oh man, I forgot what I was saying.... 

Cosmo, the dog we are sitting,  just bit DH on his leg...  He walked passed him, while he was on his pillow, and I don't know if that scared him or what, but he bit him hard, while he was barking!  Damn!    It was bleeding, but I sprayed Peroxide on it, and put an AuntiB and a band-aid.... 

He did this once before, one other time.... I had put his "bed" by the recliner, and DH just put his arm over the arm of the chair, and he bit him THEN!   He must have issues.  He has been soooooooooo sweet!    Didn't think that would happen again....  No, we won't tell Rosie...   Glad they are picking him up later....

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013

Christmas Eve we'ld have an early dinner of Lutefisk and lefse`. After the dishes were done we opened our gifts and Mom would fix oyster stew for us.  Christmas morning was Church.  Dinner was pork roast and we usually had company, people like us who had no other family in the area..

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

the Feast of the Seven Fishes originated in Sicily and spred through Italy.......it was to honor the birth of Christ......for his midnight birth.......it is still a big deal in South Philly, which we refer to as "downtown"

The 7 fishes represent the 7 sacrements of the catholic church.......they all have to be different.....it is a huge meal, with everything you can think of to eat....Honestly no one can cook, eat, or put out a xmas eve dinner, or Thanksgiving dinner like Italians.....no offense to anyone....lol

Italians believe xmas eve is the true xmas....

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

love oyster stew....my mother use to make it all the time......that and homemade clam chowder........the pork is the New Years Day dinner.....pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes....oh my I love that....my daughter- in- law is part polish, and that part of her really knows how to fo a delicios pot.....we usually get together then too......then we are so sick of each other we stay away for weeks.....LOL, LOL

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited December 2013

Hello hoolies!  It's COLD here and I'm in my jammies.  Sorry that everyone is having so much stuff going on.  I'm so far out of the loop that I'm just hanging on the end of it and flapping in the breeze.  How's the pocketpartypeople?  Any reports back yet?

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Some of our  then and now GF's would come over Christmas eve, cuz they didn't celebrate then and they still talk about all the food we had, tables full it was ridiculous and yet it was eaten and no one was overweight then either hahahaWe always went to midnight mass---and came home and opened presents and ate breakfast and napped here and there then came a whole huge dinner in the afternoon, We always  had ham and home-made something Raviolis, Lasagna. stuffed shells and meatballs and sausage and again on and on. And then a week later was NY eve--it started all over, just different food but Italian, again our GF's came over and there was always enuff food for everyone. But our desserts were not Italian, no one liked them--but everything  was home made. Our Christmas is still pretty much like that on Eve we're at one house tho and day at another but a lot of food. U come home sick almost.

• di2012
    edited December 2013

Chabba,

Lutefisk and lefse.....was part of hubby's past growing up...when he went home with his brand new '66 GTO he picked up his grandma at her house and she had a a large pan of lutefisk (to take to hubby's  parents) which she proceeded to spilled in his new car!!   40 below zero and trying to clean a car of fish smell he said was NOT easy!

Lefse, I had pre-hubby as our neighbor was from Norway and she always had the Lefse treats from her with butter and sugar.

Di