Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013

RE:  willie warmers

20 years ago or more I use to live/work/supervise/manage a cross county (nordic) ski area that turned into a mountain bike center when the snow melted in the spring.....can you all say "MEN IN TIGHTS" year round, (many men whom should have NEVER worn tights).......since myself and my employees lived upstairs (luckily I had a private room) willy warmers were always being tossed around or falling out of the storage "cubbys" the employees had......it was a high priority for some of the guys in tights, because we all know what happens when those "jewels" get cold when they were skiing in tights.....

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2013

This thread travels all over the place....who needs any other entertainment?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

Where did everybody go?  I had something to say..... I thought..... but then again..... it will just have to wait!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013

Oh chit Chevy u have to have an audience waiting for applause??? U'll only forget if u wit to long, well I do that anyway.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2013

I'm here Chevy!  Just Multi tasking fifty different directions!

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

Hi 4444444!  Me and Cammi, just hangin' around...Ha!  NOW I have to get busy.... 

What?  There's an audience somewhere?    Oh, I hear them...... almost.

• shellshine
    edited December 2013

I'm here, too, Chevette, Camette and Quatrette.

Come out and Play, I'll be your Audience...

Shellette

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013

Im here too, just wondering where everybody has gone.....sad....

• shellshine
    edited December 2013

Don't be sad, Mary, they're all out running around doing Christmas preparations - they'll be back - and I'm here.....maybe we can gossip about the others while they're gone!!!  Wanna start with Ducky, Sassy or Phylette??!!!

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

It's just US I guess....Winking  Everyone must be busy.... or asleep.... .... shopping?

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited December 2013

I received this message from Creative Quilt Kits, a company with whom I do business.  It touched me and I wanted to share with you:

In this season and in all seasons:  

My wishes for you, for all those you love, for all humans, for all beings, for Earth

May you be happy.

May you love, be loved and know that you are loved.

May you be healthy.

May you find the healing you seek.

May you grow in wisdom and understanding.

May you forgive and know forgiveness.

May you live your life without regrets.

May you find peace.

J

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013

That's really nice.

• shellshine
    edited December 2013

That is nice, Juliette. Sorry, Mary, I fell asleep on the couch and had such a nice winter's nap!

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Julia that's beautiful really--what nice thoughts.

OK I'm back, but draggin now--not that unusual--did a few things today for Christmas--I think I've figured out what I'm wearing for Christmas Eve and Day--2 different--I have to think cuz somethings aren't comfortable with my one arm and my 3 hernias what a  mess I am just to look at. Well Leslie is going to foil my hair Monday and cut it big time--it's a mess--maybe if it looks good no one will notice the rest of me--UGH

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2013

I'm here going 5 different ways. Decorating the skinny tree finally because DH has threatened to put up the decorations if I don't do it tonight. Cleaned out bunch of old stuff from DD's room. I had 2 black bags for Goodwill and we added to that. We unfortunately use the room to dump stuff in and she will be here Tues. night so at least needs to be somewhat organized. I still need to get clothes off the bed but it is much better than it was. It has a big box of shredding I need to do. I did some a week or so ago which helped. DH keeps everything when he pays a bill including all the junk ads they send and the envelopes. It will be less when I eliminate all that.

I think we'll have enchiladas on Christmas Eve, overnight french toast Christmas morning. Have a turkey breast and some premade things like dressing, gravy. Would rather spend my time with her than cooking/washing dishes. Had a Chicago deep dish pizza tonight that DB sent. It was yummy. Poured rain all morning now chilly, damp, foggy.

Made trip into FW yest. Ortho d/c me with "call if you need us". My MO was his usual non-charming self come back in 6 months, make sure you get your mammo in Jan and oh you need a bone density in April. If I needed any serious tx I would switch to his partner in an instant. "I'll call you if your lab is abnormal"  Me - I'll call in a week or 2 and get a copy left at the desk to pick up. But I looked at the CBC which he saw too - looks like I'm trending to a bit of anemia. We don't eat a ton of red meat but do eat beans, chicken, etc. I need to start taking my vitamins seriously. See PCP in March, don't see anything just glaringly obvious.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013

Cami, we all think you are as cute as a bed bug, & good smelling too...

• shellshine
    edited December 2013

I agree - Cami you are just too adorable. Luv - your plans sound nice - we are all doing the same - cleaning out the old rooms and getting our victuals together. Mary - hope you are having a good evening.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013

Shell...start with me.....seems there are those who labeled me an OGRE ANYWAY, so feel free.......lol......like I always say when someone has something nasty to say......OH WELL...WHEN THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ME, THEY ARE SPARING SOMEONE ELSE......, I'M A BIG GIRL, I HAVE BIG GIRL PANTIES...I CAN HANDLE IT.......then I ask...WWJD.......HE WOULD IGNORE IT.........HUGS

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013

I'm back. Took husband and 4 kids to the mall. I never go to the mall. What the hell was I thinking??

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2013

Four, I'm surprised you found a place to park.

• shellshine
    edited December 2013

I haven't hit a mall for Christmas in many years........just don't have it in me. I used to do it all the time, but now that I don't have any little kids around, don't need to go there. I will probably get back into Christmas shopping when I have grandkids.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Good Morning--I'm trying to wake up, but I'm not having the success that I should have.

Oh luv u'r really working hard, but u get the prize on Tuesday. It'll be a nice Christmas for u.

Oh I hate , just hate the malls--especially at Christmas just to many people and noise, in fact I just hate shopping in general--even when I was a teenager my mom bought my clothes, I wouldn't go--but she had great taste so it was fine with me. My sister and mom always loved shopping and my youngest DD does too, so let the ones who love it go, I say LOL.

I think I have to go back to sleep for a while, I can't keep my eyes open.

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013
  • Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

So okay!  Is anyone else HERE?  It snowed....  so I have on my boots, and broomed my way outdoors!  Lacee must have slept out there, because I see an exact place on the rug, where she would lay, ha!   

Holeinone!  Cammi IS a bed bug!  So that's why she is cute...  

Morning Littlegoats, Shells, Ducky, Wren and 4444444444444!  You went to the Mall?  I mean even I wouldn't do that...   We went to Super Target yesterday, and it was pretty much empty....  Probably all that publicity about the credit-card fiasco has hurt them....   

I don't like ANYone hurting around the Holiday's!  

Littlegoats!  You said CHICKENS!  Ha, ha!  You eat them.... and I feed them....  I have to see what else I have that I can take them....   Maybe I'll open a can of beans?

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwGvfdtI2c0&feature=related

Oh I forgot!  Thank you for the info about the 7 fishes dinners!  I always wondered what the significance was!  

I had a hard time coming up with 7 different kinds!  I remember making Spaghetti with clam-sauce... (my favorite).... And of course the fried Squid and Smelts, and Shrimp Cocktail, and DH's favorite, the Oyster chowder....  

I know that's not 7, but close enough....Loopy

Teka, stay warm!

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

oyster stew is what my Mother called it,  but any name is great as long as you get to eat it........she used what was called Stewing Oysters....never the big ones...they were for frying........damn....I know my oysters...lol

Smelts were good, but Lord help you if uou didn't get that backbone out in 1 piece....ever get one of those little bones 1/2 up, and 1/2 down........but they were good too.......

Learned about the 7 fishes from my in-laws.........all Italian.....foreign to this Scotch-Irish-German decent girl.....but boy did I learn fast, the ways of my husband's Italian heritage .....their ways and traditions are quite interesting..............the thing they demand the most is........family, and loyalty.......

Pray never to get kissed once on each cheek, and then on the lips.....LOL,LOL

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013

Can anyone here tell me what to do when DH decides he is too old and inadequate? Is tired of the bills and not making ends meet with no light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know what to do. Not a good time to pick going through withdrawal.  Guess there is never a gooood time. 

You all have a great Christmas for me.  

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013

G'Mornin Hoolies,

I was actually at the mall twice in 36 hours. I hate the mall but the kids had fun. Would have been more fun if we actually had some money to spend instead of pocket change.  We drove to a mall further away from home where they have a Japanese Anime store.  The kids had a blast!  And an old fashioned music/record type store!  The younger two took turns at Build a Bear making each other a present.  I am sure by now they have both spilled the beans!

Raining like hell here, AGAIN!  Not exactly motivation.  I don't recall the song saying "I'm dreaming of a soggy Christmas" but that is what we got!  It was in the 70s here too.  Yuck!

Ok going in search of coffee and motivation.  Frustrated my arm and hand are all fumbly and feel like I have been hauling bags of rocks too :-(

Ducky! Kiss on both cheeks then the lips!  Isn't that when you are going to be sleeping with the fishes, not eating them? :0)

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Gma....sad when it happens.....just try to remind him how much his hard work has brought you......remind him of his blessings......and be thankfull for the bills you can pay.....and about the " MAN WHO CRIED BECAUSE HE HAD NO SHOES.....TILL HE SAW A MAN WHO HAD NO FEET"...........it happens when the solutions to your problems don't come easy......been there...food stamps, lay offs, the money runs out before the month does.......just reassure him he is doing the best he can.........and sometimes the light  at the end of the tunnel is a freight train barreling toward you and not an opportunity.........hugs.......

• 4sewwhat
    edited December 2013

My mom, yes I said mom, just emailed me this link.  It is a cool light show a guy did on his house.    Apparently I am still on the forward email list just not on the ok to talk to list.....

Click here