Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013

Thank you Ducky, and one from me to you.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited December 2013

Thank you Gma.  Hope you are doing okay.

Hugs back to each of you!!

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013

Wishing hugs and Holiday wishes to all!

This is my smallest boston when she was 8 days old (4 years ago)....all 3.5 oz....she now is a BIG 9lbs:

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited December 2013

Hugs and Merry Christmas to all and to all a "Goodnight"!

CB

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2013

OK Holliegirls and Charlie - You have officially made me HUNGRY for your wonderful meals.

Ducks - I have always loved eggplant, and being a fairly good cook myself - have been flummoxed on finding a good recipe, and now I have it, from you!!!!

"Steamed eggplant, soft, mix with  eggs, cheese, bread crumbs salt, pepper, shape in balls and fry it lightly and put it in a marinara sauce....wow...talk about good, I'm looking forward to making this!!!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013

Shell.....lol.....enjoy.....it is to die for....use grated locatelli cheese, and italian bread crumbs.....you can also cook the eggplant like potatoes for mashing....both ways work.......oh peel the skin off......I also do eggplant parm...great recipe for that.......

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited December 2013

WEll, I'm jumping in here late...so not sure if the platform is the same...the STFU stuff lol. But here goess....

Shortly after I found out I was dx'd, I told a co-worker and she said omg, one of my best friends died last year from BC. I thought, really?? Why did you say that to me? I've also had numerous women talk about how awesome it would be to get new boobs, and not to mention shortly before my MX was scheduled, that video went viral of the lady dancing in the OR before hers. I had some friends from church ask if I wanted them to come do the "happy dance" with me. I just said, thanks....but I'm pretty sure the last thing I'm going to want to do is the happy dance the morning of my MX!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2013

We make green beans and potatoes fresh from our garden. Love eggplant. It's my favorite vegetable. I'm jealous of all that good food in your childhoods. My Dad would only eat green beans, corn, peas, potatoes and head lettuce. My poor Mom cooked what he liked and served it when he wanted to eat (off work at 5pm, home at 5:10, dinner at 5:15 sharp. When he retired, she informed him that she married him for better or worse, not for lunch. So every day they would go to the cafeteria for lunch. He got fried chicken and she got vegetables he wouldn't eat.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Tang...welcome......an idiot is born every day......I was told "wow at least your lucky you didn't get the bad  cancer"......thought ....really asshole.........is there a good one.........would you believe it was one of my daughters...........sadly I gave birth to that idiot......she near shit after she said it.....and yes...I called her an asshole to her face.......love her, but how stupid.......my other 5 kids just looked at her like........"did you really just say that"........

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Wren...love every veggie grown....even Brussels sprouts.......lol

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

Sorry Tang.... Yes... an "idiot born every minute"  and they don't outgrow it!   Sorry for what you have gone through, but you DID it girl!  You will learn to just smack the livin'daylights out of idiots when they open their mouths.    You could go back and do it NOW.... We would all be clapping!  Loopy

Yes...  When we didn't have very much money, all we needed was a can of peas and a bag of macaroni!   We added onions and a little garlic, and when we got "richer" we used frozen peas...Ha!  

But his Italian relations would make chicken-feet soup, or put them in Spaghetti sauce!  EEEeeeks!  I used to make Ox-tail stew, and I loved it, but then they got sooooooo expensive!  Did you guys eat Tripe?  And Polenta?  I like the course corn-meal, and make Polenta with milk and butter, then you can put anything on top of it.

No, I don't like Tripe... Might as well chew bubble-gum...Ha!

Did you ever make Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, and add a can of Tuna and peas?  That was a delicacy.....

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

image width="712" height="534" style="cursor: pointer;">

Okay, the little picture wouldn't post... so here's aNOTHER one... Ha!

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013

Welcome Tang. u'r in the right place--we tend to wonder with this topic but people do say the craziest things. u wonder if they mean to or they're tongued tied,. Sorry u'r here but I think u'll enjoy this post, so come back whenever u can or all the time.

Oh I have to get some oomph today have things to do, Woke up and it's like 20 degrees colder this morning--so it's supposed to get even colder--don't really like this but it is out of my control, u think.?Talked to my sister last night she was making gravy (sauce) and while we were tlking she tasted it and said OMG I made it to spicey--a lot now don't like spicey, so she tasted it again. She had 2 huge pots of gravy and according to her (and she eats very spicey food) she said it was. She made me laugh cuz I said what were u thinking of u haven't made this for years and she admitted she was trying to help out--she's another one that tries to do too much--Oh well I'll judge myself when we eat it. I haven't wrapped yet, or sorted my things,I don't really know if my DD has time to do my hair for foiling, I really don't care actually 

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

No Cam.... don't foil.....  You know that foil acts like a transmitter?  It just actually sends beams to all the aliens, and they will be there in a split-second.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Aww Good morning and Chevy that;s a warm cozy feeling--and it's 20 degrees colder this morning. I hope everyone steps back a little and see what has to be done and do what's necessary so u can enjoy all the Holiday without all the stress .It's a time for Celebration not debilitation. Do what u can and don't overdo and enjoy it all.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited December 2013

Cammi!  It's 20.5 here!  We match...Ha!   I have to color my hair today....  AND bake the Ham, and put the Lasagna together...  Has to be ready for Christmas morning...

Who ever heard of Lasagna for Christmas Brunch?  Loopy  With Eggs Benedict.. But that's what we are having...  

Are you getting your hair electrocuted today?

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013

Hi Hoolies,

Was finally getting a little bit in the mood for Christmas and cooking and baking up a storm this weekend. Every Sunday, I call my MIL  to say hello and see how she is doing (stage 4 colon cancer and now it is peritoneal carcinomatosis (millions of little dots of cancer all over her peritoneum) and the last two weeks, my father in law has said "She is already sleeping" and this was at 5:00PM mind you. So, last night, I said "What is really going on Dad?" and he said she is now on home hospice and is really out of it and she has probably 3 weeks tops.

I hate effing cancer. I hate it with a passion. I adore this woman and now she is dying. WTF! She kept telling her doctor something was wrong and he kept saying "You just had a colonoscopy 3 years ago" or some BS like that and then she was stage IIIB and then remission and within 3 months, it was back stage IV.

I am sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I am just so very sad. I am at work and can't concentrate at all and hardly slept last night.

WHY does this disease still take people? We put men on the moon a hundred years ago and we can't cure this UGLY f'king disease yet?

OK, enough with the doom and gloom. Had to vent.

xoxo

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013

nother pocket party for me today...don't know if I ll be doing chemo or not, since I don't think its working anymore-on to new and exciting treatments, Im afraid..Wont know till I get there. Last week was tough. They ran all kinds of tests and they all came back negative, so Im leaning towards more progression. Wont worry about that till after Christmas, with scans etc... Just cant wait for Christmas eve and I'll have Jordan and his mom here for santa. Busy couple days, off to finish my shopping...Hugs back at you Duckster.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013

Hugs Mary...

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013

Mary, In your  pocket, best wishes for a easy day

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Mary pocket time.....

April I'm so sorry what can I possible say, but this damn disease is chit.I know there are a whole list of horrible diseases, but they usually run a pattern ---but this disease has no predictability--no u can't trust it, cuz it doesn't make sense and this bastard disease can fool the best of Drs. cuz it's just doesn't follow any type of pattern or any medical rules at all. Again I'm sorry.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013

Mary in your pocket today!!

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Mary.......love you girlfriend........please be ok.........wear a pocket Tee....that is my spot.....close to you heart....promise I won't crowd Fire....she pinches........

April........so sorry....my mother died of colon cancer......stage IV when they found it...she lived 1 year....and yes, all they can do today, but cancer lives on........

My husband, pancreatic at 57, my father esophageal, mother colon.......and now my daughter has a bacteria growing in her lung which they can't identify, but are treating......

God help us all......

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited December 2013

Mary, tell everyone to make room. I'm joining the pocket party, too.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Thanks Tek u hit me right in the eye with u'r foot, geeze look where u'r jumping.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Mary....made too many meatballs.....can I bring them to the party......you don't mind a little gravy in your pocket......hold on....Fire might moan.....better feed them to the dog.......not mine....I am taking care of "Snickers".....grandsons dog while he cruises to Jamica with his family.....

My other kids said..."POOR SNICKERS".....hmmmmm, wonder what that meant......LOL