Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited December 2013

My DH has decided we need to make mashed maple sweet potatoes.  I just love the way he says HE will make them and then hands me the recipe LOL.. Doc says it would be better if we tried to go to the kids/grandkids house for Christmas with the withdrawal this week.  So, of course, that means we will have to make them tonight to take them with us in the morning.  Any bets on who does it?? I just say bring ingredients with us and do it there...  

The withdrawal SEs have started - nerve pain getting worse, jittery, ache all over and feel like someone ran over me with a truck, but other than that I'm just GREAT!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2013

Mary, In your crowded pocket. Boy these other people take up a lot of room.

Ducky, especially the brussels sprouts. DH cooked them in water till mostly done, then finished them up under the broiler. Awesome.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2013

April, so sorry about your MIL. I lost mine to uterine cancer many years ago. Still miss her. (((((HUGS)))))

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013

Ducky, good luck with Snickers...I wish we all were with his " family " flying off to Jamica...warming up..

Gma, hang in there, you are obviously a tough one...maybe DH could peel those sweet spuds & clean up? My DH is doing stuff for the holidays that I have always done. 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013

GMS sorry about all these SE u'r stuck with, it must feel terrible.

And Golfer I'm glad u'r DH is doing all this stuff for u.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

• Holeinone
    edited December 2013

Darling skirt Cami...for you?   Love the fabric

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013

Holeinone..would that be a hoot....all us sisters on a cruise ship together....first one thrown off would be Fire...she gets out of control....then the rest of us 1 by1......except....GMA......she knows how to be a lady......"well she claims to be anyway..personally I think when she's feeling good, she is worse then Firecracker"....,.,

CAPTAIN SAID "THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN STAY ON BOARD IS "MOI".......cause I behave, unless my Pilot is on board........then off I go too.......LOL

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2013

April - so sorry about your MIL.

Mary - IYP.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited December 2013

Hi hooligans 

I am checking in still in the hospital after left mx with expander placement and right breast reconstruction with latissimus  flap . So sore but yeah I did it. One complication so far spiked a temp.. So trying new antibiotics legs were clear from DvT. Sending hug sorry so tired sore.

Love always,

Sweet Pea 

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Golf those are the pockets we can be more comfortable in.

Oh little sweet pea, I'm sorry u have a temp to high.--Just take all meds--I'm such a pusher--I could stand on the corner and make a fortune--anyway take those meds so u can sing--I'll be Home for Christmas and everyone will count on u--to be home and let everyone take care of u. And rest, drink and rest--Notice I just said drink OK water, fluids Bwahahaha--Heal well little one.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013

Thanks for the pp. Didn't do chemo today, will wait till thursday and get scans first, so I ll be having another pp, then. They think I might have acid reflux, not sure about progression.. So I have Christmas off, so glad. Stacy, hope your feeling better. Will you be home for Christmas? Getting ready to wrap some presents, I didn't think I'd have so many to wrap, but went out this morning and "finished" shopping. Hope everybody has a nice holiday, and Ducky Im on for the cruise, Since I don't drink, I'll be the designated tour guide on the ship, and help all of you who do, find your rooms, since those ships are enormous. Wouldn't that be fun?

• Holeinone
    edited December 2013

Mary, happy for you that you have 2 more days to relax before they chose a tx. I had horrible acid reflux during chemo. I bought the over the counter Omperazole. It helped...You are a bold soul if you are willing to keep us Hoolies in line on our runaway cruise...I have gotten to travel a fair amount but never on a cruise...

• marywh
    edited December 2013

We just have to watch Ducky and her cruise ship attire lol lol

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

you KIDDIN, my Pilot already picked out my Bikini......and it's "Yellow Dots".....told him he can't come....it's ladies only.....he cried.....can't have him getting in the way of me visiting the "ShipCaptain".......you all know what happens when I see a man in uniform.......

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

good news......Aetna approved the request for my LE sleeve....they will pay for a custom made sleeve.......I have a great PCP.....he really fights for me.......gotten many things that was turned down...turned around and approved.....yeaaaaaa.....also a pneumatic pump......now going for the night garment.......

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited December 2013

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas or (Happy Holiday) and especially a Happy New Year!!!!

Cindy AKA Squishy

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

back at cha Cindy.......

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited December 2013

thanks Ducky!!!!!!

Cindy AKA Squishy

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013

Happy Holidays ladies and Charles. May 2014 be the best year ever or at least a better year than this one in my case. xoxo

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

April....."same to you.....my xmas wish......our health......that is all I ask......even if it's only 3 days out of 7.....no aches, no pains........am I asking too much.........I hope not.....

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas.... And Happy Holidays...  Yes....  I wish you all no more pain, and better health...Love you all....xoxoxo

• marywh
    edited December 2013

Cant wait to play Santa tonight. Will have Jordan spending the night tonight with dd. That will be so much fun. Havnt played Santa in years. Made plenty of cookies for him to eat, ha-ha.

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Mary.....enjoy......and big xmas hugs for you.......love ya girlfriend.......

• duckyb1
    edited December 2013

Tek......you like the pressure shopping....remember those days......huge crowd tonight...so much food...I asked my grandaughter if she got the plate number of the truck that ran over me........even the red hot rain shower sitting on the bench did not help........by 10, I'll be crawling...........oh no, can't do that either....bad knees.....lo

Merry Xmas

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013

A Blessed and Peaceful Christmas to all! May your Holidays be Happy.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

That was so touching Chevy-----

I just did my nails and wrapped my presents. And I ruined one nail. and I don't care. I have the house to myself so I got to do my thing--I wrapped naked. Oh and I got my hair cut today-not naked tho.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

• Holeinone
    edited December 2013

Hoolies.....Merry Christmas....wishing everyone a relaxing, pain free day