Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2014

checking in

Wondering how Mary,Mary is doin?

How about a check in from U

Hello everyone

Higgs FireKracker

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2014

Hey Kracker..........where you been.................thought the kids tied you up again..............everyone was looking for you.........

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited April 2014

She's around Ducky, popping in here and there.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2014

Yea just found her.......

• FireKracker
    edited April 2014

oh I'm here alrite

Finished my babysitting till next Monday...yay.

Next Friday I'm finally goin for an endoscopy..maybe then I'll be able to finally eat like a human and not get sick.grrrrrrr

• duckyb1
    edited April 2014

Good...........that's not a bad test...........had it done several times...........and if you get prophanol (sp) its even better.................LOL............

• Alyson
    edited April 2014

I agree Ducky, can't remember a thing afterwards. And once my hernia sorted it was great to be able to lay down in bed and not be sick.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2014

That stuff is good...........my GI guy uses it for the colonoscopy too.............Wheeeeeeee.....

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited April 2014

Other options beside drugs for nerve pain?

acupuncture, vit b's, valerian, st. johns wort, castor oil.... Any thing else.  narcotics aren't working and I'm done... Just looking at other options.

I'm highly sensitive to florals, and half these things I have tried.  Anti inflammatories are out because of stomach issues.

I'm tired of being drugged. My life is living without me.

• FireKracker
    edited April 2014

I had that test many times and it goes away for a while and it comes back

I was going to go back to the DR I. Used in NJ but my new internist wants me to go to his dr.

And yes I'm getting the propanol .in the past I got versed(sp) which also worked in seconds and I didn't feel anything...

So they fixed the lower stomach and all I have left is the upper..

I just want to eat like a normal person

Enuf

• FireKracker
    edited April 2014

GmaF

I had a flair up of the LE and I went to a natural Dr and she told me to use castor oil for the pain

2x a day and believe it or not it worked

Hey u never no

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited April 2014

I'm confused. How does castor oil work for pain? I thought it was laxative?

• duckyb1
    edited April 2014

Spookie........LMAO........

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2014

Well, that's what FK said?

• gmafoley
    edited April 2014

Someone told me to rub it on the pain area, not ingest it .

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2014

Thank you Gma!!  But if that's so, why wouldn't any type of lotion work?

• gmafoley
    edited April 2014

I have some special pain cream. It works a bit but not when I exercise. 

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2014

Can the excercise be modified so you don't get pain?

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited April 2014

Hello Hooligans!

Been busy busy today and trying to ketchup.  But I got my drain pulled!!!!

Gma, Castor Oil, some people here on the alternative threads talk about castor oil packs or compresses.  I am sure if you google it will turn something up!  Have you tried Emu Oil?  I got this stuff one time that was mostly Emu and it was for pain, kinda like icy hot.  Felt and worked good.  If I still have it I will post the name and info.

FireKracker, I am with you on wanting to eat like a normal person!  I had a consult today and scheduled my gallbladder removal.  He said it is so stuffed with stones it probably isn't even working anymore.  And that was from a scan a year ago!  I eat anything and I feel like shit.  Guess that donut I just swallowed was poor thinking on my part, but it tasted good.  I will pay for it in a few though!

Hiya Shells!  Hope you aren't working to hard and the hubby is doing well.  Chevy and Cami don't stop by here much any more.

Mary, Sweetpea, Chickie....how about checking in!

Hi Ducky, Hi Slow!! Hi Aly!!!  Hi Spookie!!

Know I am forgetting many.  Not my intent, but I am beat tonight!  Waiting for that donut to kick in so I can catch my second or third wind!

• FireKracker
    edited April 2014

about the castor oil

I told them on the LE thread and they thought I lost my mind

Then one of the experts came on and explained that it does work but it's greasy

Yeah it's greasy soo I put corn starch over it and in 2 days the pain and swelling was gone

I used emu oil when I did the rads,that was sticky but it also worked

I love the natural stuff

My sciatica is bothering me lately and I use Arnica Montana and that works for pain too

I love all that natural stuff

• 4sewwhat
    edited April 2014

Gma, you can ask about Metanx too.  It is a very absorbable fat soluble b complex vitamin that is used for diabetic neuropathy and is also being used for cancer patients now.  Insurance doesn't like to cover it though because it is a vitamin.  Also R-Lipoic Acid from the vitamin store is supposed to be helpful for neuropathy too.

Thanks Fire!  I just picked up my new arm sleeve today and I HATE them.  Don't mind the overnight oven mit one, but hate the day time ones.  Gonna try the castor oil and hope I don't get the runs!!!

• FireKracker
    edited April 2014

4-remember its greasy and I would hate for u to ruin the sleeve/MIT

U betta not eat it or u will be sorry

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2014

I have an overnight garment I'll give to anybody that wants it. I hate my day sleeves too, won't use unless arm is really up. 

FK, so you just rub this in your arm?

• 4sewwhat
    edited April 2014

Thanks!  I wasn't going to wear teh sleeve when I use it.  I am well aware of what happens if you drink it!!!  My first kid was content where he was and almost 2 weeks late.  That is one of the things I tried to get him moving along!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited April 2014

I only wear them when I really have to as well.  I made sure to get it today though because I will be flying next week.  I never fly!!  Does it really cause more trouble than normal???

My night sleeve just pulls on like a finger to arm pit oven glove!!  It doesn't have the straps like that one.  It is actually comfortable.  It has that egg crate foam stuff in it.

• Alyson
    edited April 2014

Not sure if it's the oil or the fact yuou are rubbing it on which stimulates the lymph and so helps. My LE nurse uses an oil when she does a massage.

Note in my profile pic that I am wearing my sleeve. Arm had been really sore. 

Big hugs

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2014

It's for my left arm. I sleep on my left side all night long. That sucker does NOT bend . I tried it 2 nights. Horrible. 

I don't know about flying, haven't since pre 9-11. Won't now, too much implanted med devices in me. 

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2014

Alyson you do loooong flights Any words of wisdom for 4?

• 4sewwhat
    edited April 2014

Spookie, I will send you a pic and the info on my overnight sleeve.  It really is comfy, believe it or not!!  I even wear it sometimes if I am just sitting around reading if arm is really bad.

Actually it is my hand that swells bad under the pinky and ring fingers.  The gloves suck and don't help at all.  Ironically ever since the ice storm and my implant removal because of the infection, my arm is hardly swollen at all.

Aly, I use jojoba oil for my LE massage  I also found St Ives lotions in several scents that are all natural and paraban free.  They work well too.

I am going to google the castor oil packs and see what I come up with!

• 4sewwhat
    edited April 2014

Gma, what about Arnica???  seems I heard something about that for swelling and pain, bruising, etc...  I will have to look that up too!