Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2014

J..........amazing how today they just let you go without no regard for all the great years of service..........when it happened to me years ago they called it "outsourcing"...............you live in Pa and they tell you your job is moving to N.C............hope you doing ok......

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2014

Julianna, that really stinks.. You know it has nothing to do with being a "Team Player" - What that Really means is that the boss didn't want to pay you and needed an excuse to let you go..  That has happened to me in my archaeology work, many times. Find a happy place and nurture yourself.. God must have something better coming your way.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2014

J

Well that just suks

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Must of sniffed too much Peppermint.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2014

Julianna, does it stink or are you secretly glad to be getting out of that place with "them people"?

Am ok fire how about you?

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Gma................LMAO...................sniffing to much will do it to you...........hahahahahha

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2014

blondie,

The more I think about it, the more at peace I am. I was ready to leave.  They were compromising the safety of the residents.  I still am concerned about the residents.  Karma will get "those guys".  

Thank you all for the support.

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Actually, Ducky I had to back off because of a bit of agitation today.  My acupuncturist is out of town but talked to someone else that says it is an upper.  So today I'm backing off and trying to relax and breathe.  

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Peppermint Oil is an upper.................Whoa......guess I sent the mice into La La land when I stuffed their hole with the cotton ball saturated in it..........LOL.....

Will have to remember that when I tell someone to use it........LOL..............oh the colors.......haha

• blondiex46
    edited May 2014

There ya go jules

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited May 2014

Juliaanna,

Sorry to hear but good riddens!!  Understand about the residents though.  And yes Karma can be a real bitch when you are on the wrong side of it!

Hugs!

Gma. glad you are feeling better.  

Hello to the rest of you troublemakers!

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Having a rough day today, but hanging in there.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2014

((((G'ma))))) Huge hugs...hang in there chica and maybe sniff some of that peppermint oil if you have some.

Julianna, so sorry that you were shown the door. Even if you were ready to go, there is a way to do things when you want to get rid of the higher paid staff. Instead, they attacked your work which is never the right way to go about things. Shame on them. Like you said, karma is a bitch and they will ALWAYS get theirs. Hoping that the residents don't suffer from their inability to see the big picture.

So today I had an interview for a promotion that I deserve but I already know I won't get the job...even in my own Agency, a not for profit charged with helping people, there is ageism and it is pretty overt. They don't even try to hide it. My boss has actually said things like "So nice to have some YOUNG blood around here for a change" when she hired the last person for our staff who is 27 and the youngest person in our office.

I  am/was her second in command and she was promoted to Regional Director which opened up her job...and likely they will hire a 31 year old that I TRAINED over me. She has been campaigning hard for the job and I don't have the access she does as she is in the same office with our director and my spies (people who want me to get the job) have told me she has been up my old boss's ass since the posting came out.

Argh..what can you do?  The original posting said experience AND a Bachelor's degree and then it was amended to say "Bachelor's degree and or experience" the day after they posted it. We have rarely ever received an internal posting that has been "amended" (not ever actually) but when they found out she was interested, they changed it! Sooo, there ya have it.

I just know she will be picked and not a thing I can do about it...sigh. I really deserve this freaking job. Have been doing it since my director left for the other job a month ago anyway but guess that won't count. If I get the job, I will be SHOCKED!

Ok, enough venting. Hugs to all and wish me luck! Sorry for the book I wrote.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

Sucks April.....hope someone with some brains sees that young isn't always best..............I call them the entitled group.................you see it in many younger people today..............entitled to everything........and many parent's are to blame.............what ever happened to "hard work".......

• juliaanna
    edited May 2014

April, I hear you and you have my support.  Best wishes.

Ducky,  "work ethic" has gone the way of the dinosaur-yet those of us with "work ethic" take care of business while the 
    "youngsters" play at having a job.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2014

J......so true........

• blondiex46
    edited May 2014

Jules ehat kind of company if u don't mind me asking,  n young blood can b a good thing but they dont realize that the knowledge n experience comes  from the old heads,  people r idiots

• juliaanna
    edited May 2014

Blondie, a not for profit continuing care retirement community.  I've 37 years experience as a nurse.  I've lived through many changes- some good and some bad. I'm okay with change as long as it isn't just for the sake of change AND it is a well thought out plan of implementation.

• april485
    edited May 2014

Amen Julianna! That is the thing...this young'un is always leaving early, coming in late and calling out. None of us "older" peeps do things like that. Hell, I had better attendance than her even with my breast cancer! I went to work in between rads every single day. I had rads in the morning, went to work, went to rads again and then went home (did a trial 2 x a day for one week) and everyone thought I was nuts and told me to take the week off...why? I felt ok (it hit me later but I still went to work) so why call out?

Ok, vent over...we shall see what happens. Julianna, here in CT experienced nurses are not a dime a dozen so you would be highly valued here. There is a big shortage!

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

I can't find mine this morning!!! Oh God help me find it soon..... 

Pain is back full force this morning and no Acupuncturist until next week - She would have to go on vacation now....

Peppermint is struggling to work.

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited May 2014

((((GMA))))  no more vacations for your acupuncturist!!!!!!  Has your weather changed?  Ours has and I am paying dearly today....

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Hot yesterday and cloudy and warm this morning.

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

Ok - look at these two pictures and you will see why I think My Tigger dog is part deer.

• april485
    edited May 2014

G'ma, your dog DOES look like that deer!

Ok, so as expected, they chose the young upstart for the job and once again, the old lady (me) is assed out. So sick of this! I have been a loyal employee for a long time and I am going no where. I think I am going to look outside of  my agency for a place that appreciates my talents. The thing is, this person doesn't even have a freeking degree! They made an exception on the posting cause they found out she was applying. WTF???? Anyway, I am so not doing well with this. My boss had the nerve to tell me that my interview was the best of ANYONE, including the person they chose. Big deal....

Ok, need a day to process and then onward and upward.

• juliaanna
    edited May 2014

April, I feel your pain.  Keep looking. I'm sure there is someplace that will appreciate your talents.  

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

April - Jobs are so hard - I'm blessed that my son got me a job after BC treatment - I had to quit being an Archaeologist.  No digging for me anymore.  He is my boss - Working for a company that CEO and VP are married so they believe in family working together. If I hear of anything, I will let you know. 

I wanted you to see what I do in my "other Life"  its kinda funny thinking I play this game with my son, his wife and daughter but I love the views. You here - is the only place I shared this btw.  I hope the view brings a smile to your face - wouldn't it be great if I could do this in real life LOL.

Finding these viewpoints, as they call them, is quite hard and sometimes deadly to your character but I love the challenge.

• crog234
    edited May 2014

what game are you playing GMA..  How are you doing and have you been back to your acupuncturist this week yet?  Hope you were able to get your pain under control.  

• gmafoley
    edited May 2014

That is Guild Wars 2 - Son bought the game for me for Christmas. No monthly fees.

As far as acupuncturist - she is on vacation - I don't see her until thursday - About day 10 of her not here - I really need to see her.  Having lots of issues coming back.  Pain is bad in the breast and ribs.   But through all this, I have noticed my neck is feeling great - I don't even use the pain cream the doc prescribed for me for my neck.  

• crog234
    edited May 2014

oh ok I knew she was on vacation last week.  Good you have an appointment for Thursday..  Yeah on no neck pain!!!!  Hope Thursday will bring you some relief in other areas.....  I go my peppermint but know need to find out just when I am suppose to use it.  Do you use it when you are feeling the pain?

• blondiex46
    edited May 2014

Ah  jules proud of u, they dont dseserve u