Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2015

PTS, let us know how that back side cream works for ya!

"And medical professionals do occasionally need to be told STFU. But if it happens more than once, get another medical team."

You got that right! They never forget!

Lucy, DH was home for four days. I tried to sneak on a few times. lol

Kathy, how fun to have time alone with your son. Life is all about making great memories.

Lucy, Thanksgiving....spend all day making food....spend 10 minutes eating it all......spend hours cleaning up the mess. I guess it's fun for some!! haha

Hi Blondie!!! :)

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited July 2015

Slow.. I know I'm crazy , but I just love cooking the Christmas turkey, with the stuffing., cranberry sauce and all the trimmings !! .. It's like a curry... smells so good while it's cooking ! But you're right, it's a lot of work and a big greasy mess to clean up afterwards.!!

Here's a photo of my 3 year old grand -daughter, Poppy, playing in the man -made snow..

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

Lucy, I used to love Thanksgiving when my Mom did all the work!! lol Actually, I did help a lot, but it is so much more enjoyable when all the pressure of how the meal comes out is on someone else!! I'm very comfortable cooking Italian food, but I always felt like I was lacking when cooking a turkey.

Your granddaughter is a complete doll!! So beautiful with those big eyes and long curls. You must be so proud!!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited July 2015

Lucy, Poppy is the cutest little thing ever! Beautiful hair, her smile... just perfect.

I love Thanksgiving. The hardest part about cooking the meal is that there are so many side dishes to cook and they all have to be hot and ready at the same time. I've tried to eliminate some of the sides, but people protest that their favorite food won't be served. (My DH and kids are the absolute worst offenders.) I prep as much as I can ahead of time. I put someone else in charge of the pies. Okay, now I'm hungry! When we say grace, we all say what we are thankful for. I've told my boys that saying that you are thankful that your brother isn't "the biggest butt head ever" doesn't count. Gotta love boys!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2015

Poppy, at least your boys are polite and not butt heads!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

hahahaha. Boys are great, and say, and do the funniest things.

Poppy, I've seen you in action. You are a go getter!! I bet your meals come out wonderful!!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited July 2015

I love boys, girls not so much n i have 2, 2 much drama...

Yep kathy7 fla tomorrow, , so excited..cape coral

Thankgiving i could all year round, love it

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

Safe travels!!

• PoppyK
    edited July 2015

Blondie, I hope you have a fantastic vacation! Starting with an uneventful journey to Cape Coral, then a fantastic time with your family! I am so excited for you!

Slow, Thanks. I almost melted down when my gravy didn't turn out right. My DH took over and just kept stirring and adding more stock until the gravy was finally smooth. I do much better cooking Thanksgiving when it's just my immediate family. Too much pressure when all of the fine cooks in our family are around.

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015

love Thanksgiving food but especially all the sides of course! why is gravy such a scary thing? I follow my moms old style and put flour and water in a small jar, shake it up and dump it in and it is always fine! then again, last Turkey day I was at a pals place who considers herself a great cook, she made no where near enough gravy!

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited July 2015

my first thanksgiving I was like 20 and my employer gave me a turkey for thanksgiving. I did not know about the thawing stuff and all those pesky details. So, when I pulled out the half frozen turkey from the oven, we went to the bar !

. I have progressed a little in the cooking area, but my husband likes to cook, so thank God.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited July 2015

How to respond to an intake nurse for my second and larger "clean margins after lumpectomy" surgery who asked if I'd been diagnosed with a mammogram (I had been), then admitted she was reluctant to get mammograms because radiation can cause cancer. (Radiation's the next step in treatment for me, if I'm lucky, and don't need a mastectomy.)

She started to say "I'd kill..." to which I responded, in a low voice "You'd kill yourself if you were diagnosed with cancer?" All business after that. I'm a nasty patient.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

hahaha Kathy!! Good backup plan!!

queen, for your nurse.

We seem to always run out of gravy too - also, mashed potatoes. Those are my favorite two things.
    My DH does most of the cooking. He has a great ability to throw things together last minute and have it coming out great.
    I am not good at improvising and need to follow a recipe.

• Jesika63
    Jesika63 Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2015

queen - you should have responed in a voice that she could hear. After all i wonder where she would go and do if she found a big lump on her breast. Mamogram would be her only next stept. ha

• queenmomcat
    edited July 2015

Jesika: Oh, she heard me. Trust me. She heard me. Or maybe it was the Look of Death.

• PoppyK
    edited July 2015

Queen, that intake nurse was really insensitive. I try to be kind, but I don't think I would have handed it as gracefully as you did. You got your point across; she will be more careful about what she says in the future.

I finally saw my DHs orthopedist (who is highly regarded in the med community). He thinks I tore my meniscus when I fell Dec 2013. Hopefully I can get this taken care of now that the cancer treatment is completed.

But, when I answered his questions about my cancer, treatments, meds I'm taking and how I'm doing.... Well, I said I was doing well and that I appreciated my med team and their efforts. He shook his head and told me all about reoccurences, longevity and so on. He should have just STFU.

I did tell him that I am well aware of all of that, but that I need to live my life as if I'm going to live a long, natural life. Butthead.

• queenmomcat
    edited July 2015

Poppy: Oh, good. I don't feel so bad. I don't mind a bit of friendly chitchat, but don't get personal with patients who are already stressed out!

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015

sounds like that ortho is a but head! stay away from him all you can and certainly do not talk about the dreaded C

• kathy7
    edited July 2015

Poppy,

we need a picture of a foot going up that doctor's ass! I mean really........really

not a clue!

• queenmomcat
    edited July 2015

Poppy: I've got plenty of foot left over from that [beep] nurse--the mammogram issue wasn't the only quibble I have with her(don't ask). Want me to take care of the ortho doc for you?

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

For Poppy's doctor.

Edited to add: excuse the language.

• PoppyK
    edited July 2015

Thanks for the support!

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

Unbelievable.!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

You'd think being in the medical field they would be more sensitive with what they say.

I actually had a husband of one of my doctors tell me I had a short life expectancy with all the illnesses I've had. I knew the man for years and didn't really take offense, but I did wonder how another patient would take that comment.

Then the technician that did my MUGA scan went on and on about her friend that passed away from BC. I just didn't really know what to say. Did she think that story would somehow be comforting?

It sure would be nice if they were forced to take a required course of what NOT to say.

• PoppyK
    edited July 2015

I would think common sense would tell them what not to say.

I wouldn't have gotten into all of the BC stuff with him, but he needed to know about my meds. I also needed to let him know why I've put up with the knee pain for over a year... Hey, I just figured out that I kicked breast cancer's a$$ with a bum knee! And lots of ice cream, too. I'm sure the ice cream helped!

• kathy7
    edited July 2015

Image result for ICE CREAM

The True Cure!

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

HaHa Kathy.. Yep that's definitely the cure !

Now we just need a cure for those insensitive gooses and their loose lips.!!

• blondiex46
    edited July 2015

Hey everyone 4 u

• PoppyK
    edited July 2015

Beautiful, Blondie! I hope you are having a fantastic time!

• blondiex46
    edited July 2015

thanks am