Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2015

hi Blondie....shore is nice.....misty rainy day today...but any day is good at the shore...having a nice time with my daughter, granddaughter, and our dog Finn........

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2015

Image result for plumbers butt jsaction="load:str.tbn" unselectable="on" data-sz="f">

Proud to spin  - I thought you were avoiding this!

• kathy7
    edited June 2015

Proud to Spin
    Try Again

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited June 2015

that looks like the old handi guy!  new guy gets his pants up better!

• kathy7
    edited June 2015

its gotta be cold!

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

I am sure it was, I remember the first time I was behind him and saw the butt crack......thought it was a joke

oh well, on to the latest home improvement / repair thingie, need a new dishwasher & HD says a SALe is upcoming so...

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited June 2015

Kathy and PTS... HaHaHa 😃 I love it ..Plumbers Bum is a universal joke ..Just like a fart joke :-) :-)

Kathy ..I love everyone here too !!

Ducky ..glad you're having fun at the Shore. !

Blondie ..Hi ..How are you ? I don't have any weekend plans ..except a bit of baby sitting ..Which I enjoy ..How is your new little Grandbaby going. ?

Slow ..Where the heck are you. ? I miss you. !!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2015

Lucy ......she is entertaining and eating Ravioli's...........LOL........

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2015

She sure is, had "dinner with them last time on face time, met evrrybody that was there so cool

kathy where do u live

Hi lucy, only see him when dd brings him over not driving and have no way there, thanks 4 asking

• RAK1
    RAK1 Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I was silent for awhile. I haven't posted I was really fighting depression.

I had my exchange surgery Tuesday. I feel much better with the silicone implants, more normal!

The TEs had me really upset. Everyday taking a shower seeing and feeling them had me down.

I know I shouldn't be and I am really grateful that I am fine and all breast cancer is gone, I just couldn't shake it!

I didn't know what to do or say

How are you feeling Blondie? I pray for you :)

Family members who say stupid things don't help either.

Love, Robin

• kathy7
    edited June 2015

RAK,

My really nice physician assistant said something to me - hope I repeat well.

While your are enduring the toughest medical interventions, you are in the midst of fighting (in your mind) so really focused and depression can't seep in.  but when you have come through this, (which should be the happy joyful time)  you have time to finally think and that is when the depression seeps in.  So know this is normal and that joy is there ..................especially since I just saw the last miniscule portion of depression burning on the fire.    Stay physical, busy and don't ever isolate yourself or not call on a trusted friend.  We are here also.   like the song says.....keep, keeping on!

• RAK1
    edited June 2015

Thank you Kathy,

I have been isolated, which has been very painful.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited June 2015

I can see I've got a lot of catching up to do!!

I'm here Lucy. Sorry I've been MIA.....I missed you too!!

Had a wonderful time with our BCO sisters. What a great group of ladies they are. Blondie, thank you for joining us!! That was so much fun. I wish you ALL could have been there with us.

RAK, great big hugs to you. I think we all fall into that depression and have a difficult time getting out at times. That's why we are all here....we drag each other out!! It's good to see you back posting!! Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time....even one hour at a time.

What's all this talk about butt cracks that I missed????? hahahaha I can't leave you all alone for a second!!!

GMAfoley, where are you??? You've been quiet for way too long. I'm sending you a PM!!

I have some awesome news. My niece is coming to CA for a visit from Wisconsin. She is bringing my boys with her!! I can't wait to visit all of their favorite places. I miss her and those boys so much!! They are coming in August and staying for two weeks.

Are you at the shore Ducky??? We are having crazy hot weather here the past few days. Looks like it will be sticking around for a bit. Our air is filled with smoke right now. I'm not sure what fire we are getting the smoke from. I don't think it's local from what I can tell.

I had a wonderful visit with Tomboy. She spent two nights at my house and it was so fun having her here. We also got to spend some time with PoppyK. What a sweet, wonderful person she is. They both helped me so much with the dinner. I threw my back out two days before the dinner. I was lifting something I shouldn't have been lifting, and paid the price for my stubbornness. PoppyK you have so much energy!! I wish I could bottle it. It was such a pleasure meeting you. Ruthbru has been posting pictures on the exercise thread for anyone that is interested. I wish they could come back every year!!

I hope you're all doing well and are free from pain!!

Love to all!!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2015

I wish i could come next year,it was awesome.

I loved meeting everybody and looking at the Pacific ocean, made my day, will check out the pix...

So happy u all could do that..

Hope u feel better with whatever u did

Rak i am good, thanks 4 asking.

Happy weekend did we talk about what we r doing.

Me nothing, lol my big excursion was today, dennys w dd2, gd, and ggd n gs and walmart.

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Slow.. Great photos.!! Glad you all had a great time.. I would of loved to be able to of met you all..

Blondie.. We WILL go next year.. FK can pick us up on her broom !

RAK.. Sorry about the dreaded depression.. It is hard.. I went to a few councilling session with the Cancer Council here.. and it did help.. But.. some days I feel good.. almost " normal ".. other days I feel down...who knows why.. I don't.. my poor hubby certainly doesn't..

Take Care all xx

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

Kathy, that is interesting what your PA said about depression.  When in the middle of fighting, did not have time to be down as too many decisions and crap to deal with.  Now, got time to think about the life changes but funny thing, all my pals seem to think I am fine and do not need any help.  I keep thinking about the folks who were there for me, good but also remember the ones that were not there.  Throw them in the bonfire as FK says

• RAK1
    edited June 2015

Thank you Blondie and Lucy55

Thank God I'm feeling better now.

The weather is overcast and rain is in the forecast today and tomorrow.

I'm just recovering from surgery this week.

Love, Robin

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited June 2015

Hi all just looking in to say hi and see how you all are. I have been very down with the RA and fibro and collapsed spine. Also dealing with MiL who is just fading away. She just wants to go every time we she here she wishes the Good Lord would take her. At 91 and with cancer spreading its no life.

I am sorry for those dealing with post BC depression. It is so common and others have said often comes when the worst has past. Also people outside do not re alive that most of us are dealing with that and side effects of treatment some of which have permanent repercussions on our lives. During treatment one cousin barely spoke or visited and when she did she was the one who got upset. Now she has turned to me for support as she has been diagnosed with uterine cancer. I am trying to do so but still feel hurt by her treatment.

Sorry to go on. I am awake early and sitting with a cup of tea. Coffee will come later.

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited June 2015

Hi Everyone,

I'm finally checking in. Been busy with kids end of the school year stuff.

As Slow said, I was able to meet some of the BC ladies in real life. It was amazing! Slow is an amazing Italian cook. The ravioli were fantastic.... every thing was fantastic. Her meatballs were the best I've ever eaten. And she sent me home with lots of leftovers, which my kids, their friends and my DH and I have devoured. Also, Slow is one the kindest, most thoughtful people I have ever met. Slow, The energy you mentioned was just adrenaline!

Kathy, I didn't think I would meet any of the people from the board in real life either. I'm so glad I did. They understand the entire BC stuff... and are just great people. Who knows, maybe you will too one day.

RAK, You have been dealing with so much through this BC treatment process. It takes so long and I got so tired of it... of feeling miserable.... not being able to do the things I wanted to do. We get worn down. I take Effexor, which helps with the hot flashes and depression. I don't know where I would be without it. Probably in bed. Cancer and depression go hand-in-hand. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Busy time for our family. Thursday was my DHs birthday. Today is our 28th anniversary and tomorrow is Father's day. Great family time.

Unfortunately, we had to put our dear yellow lab, Susie, to sleep this afternoon. My DH was her favorite person. Susie was the sweetest dog ever. We are postponing celebrations for a bit.

• RAK1
    edited June 2015

Poppyk I am so sorry about your sweet doggie, I know what that feels like also.

Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday to DH and a Happy Father's day to him also!

I have been on antidepressants for several years. They do help, it's just some crappy circumstances that I have had to live through.

You are right though, I am tired of being stuck in the house.

Some of you got together? That is wonderful!!!

I hope I get to go out soon!

I'm glad you all had fun!!

Who met?

Love, Robin

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited June 2015

Alyson, I hope you feel better soon!! Good to see you here....you were missed. Sorry about your MIL.

Poppy, thank you for the kind words. You are such a sweet lady and it was so much fun meeting you!! I'm glad your boys liked the leftovers!! I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It's always so difficult to lose our furbabies. Extra big hugs for you!! Happy Anniversary!!

PTS, Tomboy got me some of that cream for my feet. I tried it last night and I swear it made a difference. Not sure if it's all in my head, but I'm going to really lather it on tonight!! Thank you Tomboy!!

Hot, hot days here lately!! I'm not looking forward to my electric bill!!

Hi Lucy!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all!!

Sending love to all the lurkers!!

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

Slow, glad the cream helps, it seems to calm the nerves to me and I use it every night and morning as well (assuming you mean the Toprican cream?)

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Alyson.. Sorry about your MIL.. I saw on another thread she has passed... You can feel at peace knowing you did all you could to make her last month's comfortable.. and she herself was looking forward to going to heaven..

Poppy.. Sorry about your doggy, and Happy Anniversary to you.. Hope you get to celebrate it soon.

We have Mother's Day on the same day as you guys...but our Father's Day is September... I wonder why it's different...

RAK.. Yes this breast cancer sucks big time.. I think little outings do help..Sometimes when I'm with others I actual manage to forget I have cancer for a short period of time.. I thought that would never happen a few months ago.. I want to be like some people on these threads who say that some days they never think.of it at all.! I can't imagine how wonderful that would be..!! .... Sending you hugs.. We are all in this together..

Slow and PTS... Glad the cream is working for yu both.!

Ducky... Are you still at The Shore.? Missing you x

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Two year old Grand-son is staying with us for a couple of days.. Here's a pic of him.and Hubby making a cake.. They both love to cook. :-) HaHa. Hubby needs a shave :-)

• RAK1
    edited June 2015

Lucy55 You got yourself two fine looking men!

I cant' wait to be other things!

It's sunny and warm.

I am painting my toe nails! Smile

Love, Robin

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2015

Slow Professional lurker here, peeking out to say hi. Would love to know name of the cream. Jan

PS. I'm a born native so cal gal dragged to Yosemite foothills by DH for retirement. (just a little hint to my location: 4 miles from a large fire currently trying to burn us down) Let me know when next so cal gathering is. I think I can escape the mountains for a few days.

• kathy7
    edited June 2015

Ravioli.........................

I skipped lunch and I am so hungry, sounds great.

Poppy, I don't think he is two.....He looks tall enough to pass for three!

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Kathy.. HaHa.. He is 2.. He's standing on a chair next to Hubby :-) :-)

• kathy7
    edited June 2015

Poppy,

I am sorry for your loss.  A dog is the best inspiration in the whole world.  they live each moment, not hinking about yesterday or tomorrow.  they teach and give us so much.  I hope you can soon remember your companion in joy and good times, Not the loss.

• kathy7
    edited June 2015

He has a long torso,  I think he will be a center, not a point guard.