Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2015

mom passed when she was about 62, let me think she was born in 1917 so....

bad memory of the year she passed but I think of her also when ever I see a nice flower garden! she loved to garden

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2015

It's nice to have those memories. I wish my mom had gotten to see my children. My DS doesn't remember her. My DD does, but she was only 5 when she passed.

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015

hmmmm, slow math skills but mom would have been 98 if she were still around, I have nice memories of her and she did get to see her grand kids, but some were too young for them to remember her

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

hahaha...I know what you mean. I'm counting on my fingers to figure out hold old mine would have been. She was born in 1923. If I did it right, she would be 92. I would be so thrilled just to live until I'm 60!!

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015

well I am an old 66, never thought I would get here but hanging in

managed to retire at 65, not a lot of money but enough with careful planning.

Hey, today was too dang hot to do anything much!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited July 2015

all I did besides the laundry was made dinner. Might get the gumption up in a bit to unload and start to reload the dishwasher. It was just so dang hot!

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015

mommy, rumor from the weather geeks that this heat wave is due to break mid week? hoping so as not doing a silly thing.

went to gym, swam my laps and came home to the sofa, oh yeah, swept the floor

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2015

Hope it breaks soon or I'ma gonna be a puddle of melted Mommy!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
  • Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited July 2015

My Mum passed away a couple of days after my 21 st birthday of a aneurysm in the brain.. Never a day passes that I don't think of her , and feel sad.. She could still be here.. Im

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

I'm sorry Lucy. It's so difficult to lose our Moms. The selfish side of me often wished my mom could have been around for all of my diseases. But then when I think about it, it's so much better for her that she didn't have to see it all. She would have been a nervous wreck. I'm glad she didn't have to go through that worry.

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

Slow.. Yes.. No matter how old we are if we are hurting we still need our Mums and Dads.. So I know what you mean.. When I was at the hospital waiting to go into surgery for my mascetomy I was sitting there thinking about my parents, and my sister text me and said "I am sure you're aware that two very special are looking down, and looking after you ".. It made me cry then, and making me tear up now rembering it !! Your Mum is looking down over you as well...

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015

Lucy, that was a great thing for your sister to text to you, it is a thought to keep in mind always

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2015

I have the same situation with my late sister's daughter and two sons. I vowed to them from the day my sister passed away to the day I die, I will always be there for them. We keep in touch through Facebook and on the days that were special to my sister and her kids, I always remind them that their mother is looking down from Heaven and is proud of them. They even come to me for advice. I've told them that I can never take my sister's place in their life, but an auntie's advice is just as good.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

Lucy, I agree. I hear her words often as well as my Dads. I don't think they ever really leave us.

M0mmy, You're a good Aunt. They are lucky to have you!!

Just wanted to let you all know Tomboy and I started another thread. Here is the link:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/84/topic/833500?page=2#idx_41

I know many people we loved have left the boards, so we thought it would be fun to start a new one. You are all welcome!!

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited July 2015

Hey Mommy, you never sent us a picture of the gold walls? How did that work out?

Blondie, R U back from vacation? give us the low down.

I love fresh sheets, hung outside to dry, crisp, beautiful white sheets, I imagine I am in a bed and breakfast in Maine or some place lovely when my sheets are fresh, and than the cat jumps up and....................the smell is all gone.

My mother died when I was 9, of course from cancer, however, back than I am not sure of the type.

She was a nurse and despite what must have been tough days, she died at home with just my father while my siblings and I were at church. I believe now, as a nurse, she knew going to a hospital was futile and not good. Back when she died they did not let kids in the rooms, so I remember being hoisted through windows by nuns to visit my mother. She still inspires me to say f------- the hospitals. Home is much more healing!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

I agree Kathy. There is no place like home. So young to lose your mom. i guess there many of us that no longer have their moms.

• m0mmyof3
    edited July 2015

They are still in progress. Every time hubby gets a chance to paint, its either too hot, rains or something comes up. He's planning on painting this weekend. He has to prime the walls before he can it the final color.

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

Kathy.. So sorry you lost your Mum.. and at such an early age..I think it is lovely that she could go in her own home though... I hate cancer.!!

Mommy.. Looking forward to seeing the room when you finish.. You know, my hubby always tries to use the weather as an excuse as to why he can't paint...and I try to bully him into doing it regardless.. But he always wins.!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited July 2015

Hi all

Sitting in bed with two cats. Have been here since Thursday with a very severe bronchial infection. I am full of drugs but still feeling dreadful. Probably should have seen a doc last night as I could hardly breathe for about two hours. When DH gets back from Church I will get up and have a shower. Sorry to go on but I am sick of this. 

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

Oh Alyson, Extra big hugs to you!! Hope you feel better soon.

• kathy7
    edited July 2015

Allyson,

How are you doing?

the cars really help. I have two also, one is a comfort, the other is just there, but she tries in her own way.

k

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

Allyson.. Thinking of you.. (Hugs)

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2015

Hugs Aly..........

• kathy7
    edited July 2015

Allyson,

I meant to say cats no cars. Cats are a help. cars are a pain.

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2015

One thing that still bugs me to no end that people are saying about my having the surgery and the implants is that I did it for my hubby. I feel like standing in the middle of everyone who says that to him and shouting  "No!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't because of him that I had it done, I did it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• kathy7
    edited August 2015

Hey mommy 2,

I am done with chemo, and implants would be the next possible step.

Was it easier than the mastectomy?

• m0mmyof3
    edited August 2015

Much easier! Once I got the implants, I finally started feeling like I was a normal person again

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2015

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2015