Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2015

Lol, hey lucy

I am getting excited. 

Pix, well it will just b me sitting on the fouch in my pjs or in the pool. With my grandson, lol...that i cant wait 4.

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited June 2015

I learned that chook is chicken from Alyson, too.

Blondie, sitting around with your grandson sounds like a wonderful way to spend a vacation!

• blondiex46
    edited June 2015

That is what i thought

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited June 2015

Hello, everybody: I just wanted to introduce myself, then read the previous posts.

Diagnosis synopsis: diagnosis May 29 from needle biopsy, lumpectomy #1 on June 16, lumpectomy #2 scheduled for July 7 (surgeon didn't lie margins) then on to radiation and tamoxifen but that hasn't been scheduled yet. I'm not sure how much surgery 2 will take, but surgeon seemed to think I'd still at least look normal while dressed, so hopefully not gonna need to deal with people on the street. Just the ladies at the YMCA who see me in the changing room.

I haven't told many people yet, mainly family and people who'd almost certainly notice--massage therapist and next-door neighbor. (Neighbor's the queen of the local cadre of little-old-lady nosyparkers (and we get on quite well), but she *would* notice, because she does! Last year, she commented that she'd known I lost weight, even through winter clothing, because my neck got skinny.)

But I do want to figure out how to handle any trying-to-be-helpful friends, and the not so helpful ones. (already had a friend suggest I try eating more raw and fermented foods. I responded "So, beer and sushi with LOTS of soy sauce?")

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited June 2015

green, best of luck, I had 3 lumpies but it is barely noticeable in my clothes and do not believe folks realize it, for me, the gym was a live line during all this shit.  I tried to change up my diet for healthier foods after diagnosis, dang but I am all clear and it I 7 years so maybe it helped!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited June 2015

Queen.. Welcome !! I don't have much advice about how to handle the things people say.. Honestly there's been times I've felt totally gob-smacked.. so shocked I've been unable to think of a reply..!! I only told the people I wanted to /had to tell..and even they have said things that have shocked me.!! Your neighbour certainly sounds like the dizzy limit.. HaHa she noticed your neck got skinny.. and actually told you.. unbelievable !! :-)

Blondie.. Your holiday plans sound perfect !!

• blondiex46
    edited June 2015

Queen welcome sounds perfect n people have all kinds of advice, lo

Hi lucy

• queenmomcat
    edited June 2015

Lucy55: yes, that's EXACTLY what she said....and I love her for it. I know she means it lovingly; we've been neighbors for...God! almost twenty years now, and have been in one another's pockets for most of that time. We watch over each other in many ways, as good neighbors ought. I have no worries that she'll say anything that'll strike me dumb, or anything unwittingly hurtful.

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

queen, course having someone tell you your hips are thinner might have been better!  me whose mom always stressed over her thin neck and she passed the thin neck onto me!  but no thin hips.....

• queenmomcat
    edited June 2015

Proudtospin: (snorts of laughter) Yeah, me I'd rather be told my waist had gotten skinny. But that was all she could really see at the time, this being the tail end of a particularly hard winter in Michigan. It'll have to do. For now.

• queenmomcat
    edited June 2015

SlowDeepBreath: no, I've never heard the term in the United States either. I first saw it in The Thorn Birds.

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

queen, that is what this board is about, giggles and laughter!

blow that neighbor off!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited June 2015

Welcome queenmomcat!

I had an excisional biopsy in '99. At the time they called it a lumpectomy - it was b9. Then in 2013, I was diagnosed with two tumors and had them removed. Both of them cancer. Then in 2014 I had another core biopsy on another lump - b9. All of that was done in the same breast. Other than it being smaller from radiation, I think it came through pretty good. You can see the scars if you look closely, but I suspect most people wouldn't even notice unless I pointed it out.

I remember the Thornbirds! That was considered a very steamy TV mini series at the time.

• Lucy55
    edited June 2015

Queen and PTS.. You should be happy with your long thin necks.. aren't they meant to be a sign of elegance and beauty.? :-)

Queen.. Lovely to have someone living next door that you feel so close too.. would make you feel much better when you're away on holidays too, knowing she can keep an eye on your house for you.

Slow.. Ah yes.. TheThornbirds certainly was considered hot and steamy at the time.!! It'd be interesting to watch it again now and see how tame it probably was in comparison to the shows on today.!! I'm envious of you ladies with 2 boobs.. My doctor didn't want to do a BMX.. So I thought I wouldn't do reconstruction as it would be impossible to get it looking like the other one anyhow.. Plus I didn't think I could handle the extra surgery either.

Blondie.. Hi . 😃

• proudtospin
    edited June 2015

hmmm, my scawney neck? a thing of beauty or just something that makes me look old er!

• queenmomcat
    edited June 2015

Lucy55: (laughs) I wouldn't call my neck anywhere near swanlike yet! But don't I wish. And at least I have about 1 and 4/5ths boobs once all's said and done; trying to be grateful for that. The neighbor does watch our house and cat(s) when we're gone--that's what The Queen of the NoseyParkers as a neighbor is good for. And doing the scoldy finger when I'm not dressed properly by her lights.

SlowDeepBreath: thank you for your story of treatments; the surgeon is very sympathetic (though rather like talking to a basset hound), but there's only so much he can do about the Sweating of Dread Uncertainty. Def. not looking forward to all those "helpful" people.

• blondiex46
    edited July 2015

Hey there peeps 8 days in 30 min. Fla.  Cant wait Group hug... 

• PoppyK
    edited July 2015

Blondie, I'm so excited for you!

• blondiex46
    edited July 2015

Tnx, hi poppy, Ruth sent me pix of your trip, love u r face, how r things, pm me if you want to. 7 days

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

Blondie.. Yay.. Not long to go now 😃

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

Lucy, In reading back I totally learned a new word from you....Gobsmacked!! I can't believe I missed that the first time around. I love it!!

My BS was pushing big time for a MX. I've had too many large surgeries where I developed wound infections in my lifetime, so I decided on the lumpectomy.

PTS, I bet your neck is lovely.

Queen, your surgeon has long ears, droopy eyes, wrinkly skin and short legs? Sounds interesting!! hehe

Blondie, 6 more days??? So happy for you!!!

Ok, this is weird. Stare at the center of this picture for a minute. Once done look to the white area on the right and blink your eyes a few times. You should see a picture of a beautiful girl!! Did you see her??? hahahaha - We must keep ourselves entertained somehow!!

• queenmomcat
    edited July 2015

Slow Deep Breaths: (amused) I didn't say he looked like a basset hound, it's like talking to a basset hound. Or maybe more like Eeyore. Though come to think of it, his face is kinda wrinkly/droopy; that certainly takes the edge off fearing Re-Lumpectomy next week! Thank you (still snickering at the idea).

This is a continuation of my impression of Surgeon #2 (neurosurgeon) last year, who made me think of an Irish Setter on speed.

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

Slow.. WOW !! That's amazing..!! HaHa.. I just did it 3 times. 😃

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

hahahaha queen.....I'm trying to picture an Irish Setter on speed. Too funny.

Isn't that mind-boggling Lucy??? I'm always fascinated with stuff like that.

Happy 4th to all....hope your weekend is fun and pain free.

Love to all (lurkers too)!!

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015

testing new pain reliever....Biofreeze, it is menthal cream really and nice on the back side!

• queenmomcat
    edited July 2015

Slow Deep: Incredibly active. I'm still tired just remembering him. (Again didn't LOOK like an Irish Setter--a dark man, going gray, so more like a Gordon Setter.) But it does help the "awe and terror" people tend to get in the presence of A Medical Professional. At least for me. Which helps with bracing oneself for talking back/asking for second opinions/percentage improvement in one's odds with W, X, Y treatments.

And medical professionals do occasionally need to be told STFU. But if it happens more than once, get another medical team.

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

Where is everyone.??

• PoppyK
    edited July 2015

Holiday weekend for us in the US! That may explain why we've been so quiet... a rare occurrence for Americans! ;-)

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited July 2015

SDBreaths  - That is FREAKY! 

bLONDIE, WHERE r u going?  Florida?  I missed something.  Have a great time and hoist a drink to us?

I had last week off.  We did not go anywhere as a family, but my thirteen year old son and I went to a close mountain range and borrowed a cabin from a friend.  Very nice and cool.

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015

Kathy.. That sounds such a lovely get-a-way with your son.!!

Poppy.. Just counted up .. We have 11 public holidays.. I always think that your Thanksgiving sounds fun !!