Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited August 2015

Yes....I am up. You ok?

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited August 2015

Blonde.. Hi.. How are you?? What time is it there?

Slow.. You're awake too? .. This is starting to sound like a episode of the Walton's :-).. can you give me your phone number as well ... I wanna ring and hear corny jokes when I can't sleep tonight too.!!

Ducky.. I so hate the 4am wake up too.!! I always seem to be awake half the night.. solving all the family's problems !! I wish for a big sleeping pill so I can sleep the worry hours away!! Your dinner sounded yummy.. I love baramundi ! .. And butter pecan ice-cream sounds wonderful!

PTS.. I haven't cooked anything with fennel in it for ages.. I'm going to try it again now. I hope your tummy is feeling better!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited August 2015

hahaha Lucy. I loved the Waltons!!! I still watch old episodes when they are on. It reminds me of my mom....or as you would say...mum. She also loved that show.

Of course you can have my phone number!! haha.....Although, I don't think my corny jokes are worth the long distance bill!! hehe

• Lucy55
    edited August 2015

Slow.. HaHa.. I loved the Waltons too.. The only thing is I would of liked John-Boy to of got his mole surgerically removed 😊

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2015
    Just to keep you all up to date......so far 4 people have looked at the house....the realtor told me yesterday....no bids, but at least activity.....I so wish this was over.....

If any of you are interested in see what I am trying to sell......google 307 Tahoe Drive, Villas, NJ......once there check any of the websites...there are 24 pictures of the house.......

Hope you all are doing ok, gonna be a hot week here in the Philly suburbs..........90 plus all week.........
  • Lucy55
    edited August 2015

Ducky.. Your home is just gorgeous.... no wonder you are sad selling it.. but your memories are yours forever. So sorry beautiful lady.. I wish there was something I could say to help ease your pain. Xx

• duckyb1
    edited August 2015
    Thanks Lucy......thought you all might be interested in what I'm trying to sell.......95% of what you see was my mothers.......when she passed away, I had a full house to sell of hers........when we bought the shore house, I just took all her stuff down there......so easy then.................now I have no place to put the stuff...........so God knows what will happen to it.......leave it....(the new owners might not want my crap).......sell it (being hours away in the winter makes that almost impossible)........or just call a dealer and say "take it all".......

I can't use any of it whatever is down there is up here.....it was a "home away from home"..........not a house with bare necessities......................it has everything anyone

Now my kids may take some things.....but no way most of it......the daughter who bought the new shore house needs to fill hers........afraid the others will talk about her if she takes the stuff.............to me that makes no sense...............she would rather it go in the trash, sold to a stranger, or left behind because of "idle chatter"......................she's goofy......and I'm tired of trying to convince her no one wants or can use, or has the room for what is down there.........

I'm convinced the "cancer" won't get me......selling this f/n house will........I should "torch" the sucker, and collect the insurance.........I DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT DID I..........LOL
  • proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited August 2015

hey guys, I wake up in the night but do the pee thing and try to go back to sleep, I am more successful if I do not turn on TV but guess I am not having much in the way of sleep problems these days

Ducky, I do remember when we had to clean out mom's house, we each went through the house and took what we wanted first. We made sure that any of the real antiques that had value that we divided up between the three of us. Staring now at my mom's table and a small guilt chair. But then, we just called an auctioneer guy who came and took the rest. Certainly not easy but it worked for us

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2015

Gee Ducky wish I lived near. Such a pretty house and the furniture is beautiful. 

We have just cleaned out MiLs things and we still have things we are not sure what to do with. We have all taken what we wanted and our kids have some things but there is just so much stuff and I really need to get rid of half my things as I have to much. Not sit even where to start. 

Big hugs 

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited August 2015

Ducky

If you were a tad bit closer; say four-five hundred miles, I would snatch up that couch. But alas, I am here and you are there!

Find someone with a nice, kind, lovely ass to fix on that lovely couch!

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015
    Thanks you all.........you do appreciate nice things.......and 3/4 of the Waterford crystal was put away so the place did not look cluttered for the showing...........I have gorgeous things hidden............

All that furniture was custom made by an italian upolsterer from South Philadelphia..........the dining room set is 100 years old........it belonged to my great-grandmother, then my grandmother, then my mother, and now me.............every stick of bedroom furniture was hers, and is around 60 years old......not a blemish on any of it...........the dark wood furniture was her bedroom set.......which is 70 years old..........all solid wood....none of that plastic shit, or fibreboard crap.........no one wants any of it..

The mirror on the living room wall was hers, and was moved from her house down to the shore, and installed again by the man who put it on the wall in her house 25 years before she died......
  • kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited September 2015

ducky, What about your grandchildren? It would be nice for someone who has the story to have the custom stuff for sure. Maybe someone in college ready to make their own place?

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Not a lot of interest in that dept........................the ones who own homes are fully furnished,..........and the ones who don't are living at home.................LOL....

Time will tell...............right.......it is what it is.................

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Ducky..maybe you could just give each family member a piece of the ( say it's their Christmas present 😃) so everything remains in your family.. Or just tell them you are distressed over having to sell the beautiful items with so many memories ..and ask them to please take one item each, as a keepsake.. as a gift to you? (Hugs)

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited September 2015

My parents didn't own nice furniture. They didn't really have anything fancy or have much money. My mom liked to move...A LOT. She would fight with a neighbor one week, and would move the next. haha So she never accumulated anything. The few things I have from them, I cherish. Not because they were expensive, but because it came from them, and most of the things have a funny story that goes with it. I hope some of them make room for your beautiful things Ducky. It would be so sad to see them go to a stranger. I don't think kids today appreciate the history of furniture or heirlooms. Such a shame.

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Slow.. my parents didn't have expensive furniture either..We had " comfortable " furniture..But I still have lots of my mum's bits and pieces that I love too.. Even now, our own furniture is " comfortable".. Too many grand-kids to wreck things :-) .. and I don't want to have to fuss when they are here.. my hubby's grandparents did have some beautiful pieces which his parents now have.

Ducky.. Thinking of you.. Your Mum's pieces are beautiful.. I can understand fully how you are feeling ( Hugs)

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015
    Thaks ladies.................my mother's things were not expensive, but they were very good......she liked nice things.....and honestly the only reason all that stuff got to the shore was I had to empty her home after she died...........I had bought the house down the shore, and needed to furnish it anyway............so I just took all her things down there.......made sense....

As you can clearly see it was not "shore furniture"....most people down there have wicker, rattan, and the like...........which is likely what I would have bought had I needed to....my family room which is the only furniture I had to buy was modern sectional and a matching sofa which were both "queen size sleepers".........

Honestly at this point I could care less what anyone takes......that is the point I am at now......distention in the family has bittered me to much going on now.......I will not get into what it is, but I have had it with all of them...........LOL...........

It stinks, and I just want it to be over.............left with a huge sour taste in my mouth, and right now I don't like anyone.......................except all of you.........LOL...........

Thank God for my little Bobby....he keeps me happy.....taking care of him even one day a week is my joy..................that and the good news that a Golf recruiter from on of my grandsons college choices contacted him and said they are interested in him coming to their University, and when he fills his application he should notify the coach that he did................their is always good news somewhere right.............hugs..
  • duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Here is Bobby in his latest outfit......his Dad is a huge Eagles fan..season tickets, so of course he was getting this.............Thought it was so damn cute...image

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Sorry trying again.....this is Bobby in his new Ref's outfitl.......his Dad a season ticket holder to the Phila. Eagles football team bought it.......LOLimage

• proudtospin
    edited September 2015

Ducky, well congrats to the grandson with the scholarship, that is great for him since college is wicked expensive these days

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Ducky.. Bobby is simply tooo cute :-).. and a big congrats to your grandson on his scholarship !!

PTS.. So true.. The price of getting a degree these days is ridiculous!!!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited September 2015

I haven't been able to check in lately. First I went to North Carolina to see my family, then back to school for the kids. I fell so far behind on all of the posts.

I've been so incredibly tired lately. Often sleeping 12 hours a day. Even when going through treatment I didn't sleep this much. I started taking thyroid hormone replacement meds, so maybe that will help with the energy.

My mother continues to upset me with her usual self-centered comments. This time it was that chemopause and femara shouldn't be hard for me to handle because I would have been in menopause within a few years anyway. Really??? Regular menopause would have been a more gradual process.... and not included the entire cancer crap (which I guess she just doesn't think is difficult)... plus my hormones are suppressed by femara. Sheesh...

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited September 2015

Oh Poppy, wish I was there to help you

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

imagePoppy.........don't waste your time trying to figure people out along with their opinions, and their stupid theories about cancer...........;they will never understand.............

I dealt with AI's for 4 years......that was it....I got every comment in the book, and this was from some of my kids...............get a hobby........stop reading the package insert...........exercise, it will help your aches and pains.................you don't move around enough..........stop feeling sorry for yourself.......stop being a "Debbie Downer"........

Oh yea, I got it all.........know what my answer was and still is........

• proudtospin
    edited September 2015

love the Ducky posts!

me trying to work out more at the gym without messing up my back again. Seems I have extreme weakness in my legs, not sure if it is because when my back was nasty I really did not do much except swim at the gym

so pushed myself this morning, now collapsed on the sofa for the afternoon

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Poppy.. Sorry... People, even mothers, just don't understand unless they have been through it themselves.. They just want to save themselves from the worries by wanting to believe our main treatments over so our lives should be back to "normal ".. Hmm...I don't even buy into the so called new -normal thing.. normal just doesn't exist any more.!!

Ducky.. HaHa.. I love your stories.. lots of "advise " from the family there. You seriously should write a book..! Other people have no idea.. Better for them to STFU really!

Mommy. Hi.. How are things going for you..

Not even 4am here.. I couldnt get to sleep last night.. and have been awake for the last 2 hours.. I'm going to be tired and a real biotch all day.. Poor hubby!

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2015

Good except my arthritis in my left foot is acting up. This is typical with the weather having been damp and rainy.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015
    Lucy.........I can be a total bitch with a full 8 hours sleep;.......don't you just love those I got up to pee and now I can't go back to sleep days...........

I almost wonder sometimes if I should just pee the bed..........hope I don't notice ........and fall back to sleep before I do.................

Or just go pee, stay up because you know its gonna happen anyway, and make yourself a big breakfast, eat it, get indigestion because its too early for breakfast, then call all your sleeping kids and wake them up.....................after all, didn't they do that to you for how many years.................Needing a bottle, diaper changed, .........I'm sick, and then throw up in your face......can I have a glass of water................or "Mom I have to pee".......................or "Mom I just did pee, but in my bed"..................yea, let's do that.............Paybacks are a bitch.........
  • m0mmyof3
    edited September 2015

Just told hubby to STFU cause he was trying to claim that there was no penalty against the Bears who are getting creamed by my team, Green Bay!

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Ducky.. HaHa.. Yep, sounds like a good plan to me.. I'm.just going to pee the bed tonight and not worry.. straight back to sleep..:-)

Mommy.. Good for you. !! Did Hubby get a shock? 😃

PTS.. Hope you are feeling O.K...collapsing on the couch for the afternoon is sort if a daily ritual for me these days.!! The thing that really does my back is lifting the grand -babies !