Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2015

Aly........what a cutie..............

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited September 2015

Alyson.. Just perfect :-)

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2015

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been on but I am doing ok. Busy summer with all the grandkids, new dog.

I am now in a diet research study at the oncology center and it takes alot of food prep for the week as I am working 40 hrs a week too.

I had a revision surgery in july and still recovering and spitting stitches. For dissolvable stitches, they sure don't dissolve! Healing up better than last time and no open wounds.

Been trying to figure out how to exercise without going down our mountain as it has started to rain. Talked to a few people and got a Oval Jogger (exercise trampoline) with handle. Starting slow - like only 5 minutes at a time. Doing well with it so far. Not jumping alot or anything. Feet don't come of the mat but still gets my heart pumping a bit. I've been a couch potato for too long.

Oh and that nerve pain I've suffered from for 4 years is gone. Do still have some pain after the breast reduction/reconstruction, but I'm not taking anything but tylenol for it. I know I haven't talked in a long while - ask questions if I didn't get it all in. I know I left some things out.

Love and hugs all...

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited September 2015

Gma, good to hear from you and you sound pretty good to me, great when only tylonel is needed for pain

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited September 2015

aLYSON - YOUR dgd IS STUNNING!

Hey, I know a really handsome, young man from good Pennsylvania stock that she might be interested in 18 to 20 years. His name is Bobby and they would have BEAUTIFUL children.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Kathy, your a hoot.......sounds like a plan......but check out Bobby today....I think I wore him out..LOLimage

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited September 2015

Alyson, Your DGD is a beauty!! I hope we get to see more pictures now that you have a new phone!

Ducky, That looks like one content little boy.

Good to see you GMA.

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Ducky.. What a beautiful little sleeping bundle :-)

• kathy7
    edited September 2015

What a great cuddle monster! that is the best, I could hold babies all day long with a good old movie!

I'm jealous

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited September 2015

Beautiful babies!

Great to hear from you Gma!

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

He is my love..........he has brought so much joy to my life.......even the 1/ sometimes 2 days a week I have him.....keeps me happy..........I watched my now 30, and 28 year old grandsons for 2 1/2 years.......my now 17 and 14 year old GS, and GD for 15 years till my daughter started working from home........

Now I have Bobby.....I missed having the kids when my daughter began to work from home (severe allergies to the new building they went into).............and was very lonely...........he has made me feel "alive again"

I have him this MOnday.........normally my GD is home on Monday's but with the Pope coming to Philly they aree closing so many roads she won't be able to get to work, so she is home on Friday which is normally my day............so she is working Monday and I lucked out.............love that little boy

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited September 2015

Ducky, If we lived close I would come to visit on the days you have Bobby!! There is no greater joy than a baby in my eyes.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Slow would love to have you..................

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Hey.. Just realised, since this thread doesn't show on the main board, it's like our own private little home.. We can come here.. throw wild parties, dance naked.. do what we want. 😃

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited September 2015

Pick your table, Lucy! I'm doing the hula on mine.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015
    I'll be on a table between Lucy and Queen in my stilleto's , hot pants, and bikini top...........singing and dancing to "I Will Survive:...............with a drink in each hand......................
  • queenmomcat
    edited September 2015

Duckyb: "Staying Alive" for my choice of songs. Possibly a Brazilian 'dental floss' bikini, since we don't show up on the boards.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Sounds good Queen................

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited September 2015

lol

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited September 2015

I'll be the cheering you all on from the sideline. No table for me cause I would just fall off even before having a drink. What are you drinking girls?

• proudtospin
    edited September 2015

I am ready for something strong to drink, dang but smoke detector went off yesterday (serves me right for trying to clean the oven). I got it to atop by taking out the batteries but now the afternoon it is talking to me and telling me it needs new batteries. Since I have piss poor balance, I am not gonna get up on a ladder to change them so........called the electrician to come over. It the mean time it keeps talking back to me!

• Keys-Plez
    Keys-Plez Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2015

Has anyone seen the TV commercial for American Cancer Society with the phone call asking the woman to come in to discuss the biopsy results and bring a friend? Then she faints. I know it's a good cause and we're getting close to October. But when I see that, it takes me back to day one with a shutter. So STFU!!!

• queenmomcat
    edited September 2015

(shudders) Aren't ads supposed to make you want to do something? That'd put me right off the idea of getting a mammogram! Too bad I can't tell an entire group STFU.

Now dreaming of something stiff, cool and carbonated.

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited September 2015

I have not seen that commercial, but thanks for the warning! I'm sure I would have felt sick and started crying if I saw it without the forewarning. Sometimes I wonder if the people who create and sign off on these commercials even think about how their commercial will effect those with cancer or cancer survivors.

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Keys. What an awful, awful commercial 😱 Obviously the brain -child of a man I'd say !!!

PTS.. Gosh.. Still.having trouble with that fire detector.? Time to tell it to STFU I'd say !!

• Keys-Plez
    Keys-Plez Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2015

I meant shudders. Damn spell check.

Yes. I've seen it on the Weather Channel. The first time I saw it I was getting ready to leave for work. I boo-hoo'ed on my drive to work.

• proudtospin
    edited September 2015

Lucy, yeah the fire detectors were poorly placed in my house and seem to go off just to torture me. But the electrician is nice and even came out yesterday to fix them. It may have been partly due to the fact that I am almost due to change the batteries but since I am not good on balance, I need help doing that

gads maybe I need the assisted living place~~

• kathy7
    edited September 2015

Lucy - I love being under the radar and have no appointments! a Free woman!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited September 2015

For PTS