Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited September 2015

hmmm. looks like mine! will try not to play the song of the people!

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited September 2015

Not that I am a conspiracy theorist, but do you think that the pink people and the American Cancer Society people understand anything about triggers. Triggers are things that take you back into a really bad moment, like a child who was abused might hate a particular song, or her parents; cologne if that was observed, smelled during their abuse - the essence of the bad moment. - which is why I hear almost everyone here say fuckoctober and pissy pink, etc. , pink is a trigger for a good deal of us.

Do you think there is a group of people that want to hold us down and make us be more sick than we are by shoving pink at us and bows and every other stupid thing!

• proudtospin
    edited September 2015

I just saw the new ACS commercial where they tell the person she has BC, makes me remember a very bad day

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited September 2015

Maybe you all should send an email into the American Cancer Society telling them exactly how upsetting that commercial is.!!!

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited September 2015

Lucy: I may at that! Mine wasn't quite that traumatic, but I can well see it might be for others. (Or at least my diagnosis of breast cancer wasn't that traumatic. Possibly having ovarian cancer? another matter entirely. (I didn't.))

• Keys-Plez
    Keys-Plez Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2015

proud...What channel did you see it on? I saw it on Weather Channel. Maybe we should write the stations. Yes. It made me cry. I wonder how people that have lung cancer feel when they play those horrible commercials?

• proudtospin
    edited September 2015

I am not sure what channel but I don't get weather channel so something else and my memory sucks, I did try to google it using acs and new commercial but not able to find it

you have a point about the lung cancer commercials, the ones with smokers are very disturbing but I have a pal who has gone through 2 bc trsips and now just had surgery for lung cancer dang but I had to ask her not to smoke in my car when I agreed to drive her to the apt at the surgical oncologist after they found a spot on her lung......I guess the scary commercials did not work on her!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited September 2015

Told my hubby STFU and to grow up, and it was all over a small problem here at the house today.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2015
    Good Mommy.................you took care of it with 4 little words...............and it wasn't I love you hon..........LO
  • m0mmyof3
    edited September 2015

He apologized later for being a jerk.

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Mommy.. I love my DH dearly, but have to tell him to STFU on a regular basis.. Just to keep him in line :-)

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2015

Me too. Can't imagine my life without mine.

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

You know, I still love this thread.. It has a nice comforting feel about it.

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015
    Here is a story lots of you will appreciate............Should have said "OH SHUT THE FUCK UP"

My next door neighbor was packing their car today....the wife, and husband....she had told me that friends of theirs were flying in from Minnesota....and they were picking them up, driving to Sea Isle City (NJ resort), then to Washington D.C......soooooooooo

Of course me not having my husband for 24 years, and just relived that lousy day on Sept 2nd........the last thing I wanted to hear was her tell me about all the fun things they were going to do...................sooooooooooool.

I digress........go back now to the husband......I was sitting out front with Bobby, and he saw me, walked across the lawn and said "Hey who is this"........I felt like saying "Someone dropped a baby in a basket on the doorstep today so I am going to raise him"

Then he said "Oh he is so adorable....is that your "grandson"..........I looked at him and said "Great grandson"........he said "Really wow.....you have a great grandchild"......................I said ........"I have 6"...........................he said "Really, your kidding right".

I said "no, I am telling the truth, and to be honest "you better make an appointment with your Opthomologist".............."
  • duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Oh and just a footnote.................my oldes grandchild is 32....................the youngest is 14......................and there are 16 others in between..............

May I add I'm friggin "80"...................my oldest kid is 58......the youngest 46.............seriously.......do the math here..........................a 6 months old Grandchild.....................Phew...................

Maybe I was having a bad day..............LOL

• m0mmyof3
    edited September 2015

lol

That's a Bill Engvall "Here's Your Sign" moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited September 2015

Ducky, You make me laugh even on the most difficult days!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited September 2015

hahahahahahahahahahaha Ducky!!!! That cracked me up.

To be fair though, you don't look like an 80-year-old, you don't type like an 80-year-old, and you don't act like an 80-year-old!!!

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

BaHaHa Ducky.. I love the story.. I think he was chatting you up.!! 💕

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015
    LOL........He actually came over and sat down onthe chair next to me on the patio...........rested back, and crossed his legs and planned on staying.............

No clue where his wife got to...........he is a real nice guy, but is in desperate need of a new eye glass prescription................even scarier...........he is the one driving......LMAO.................
  • SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited September 2015

hahahahahahahahaha Lucy!!! I think he WAS chatting her up too!!

Was he raising his eyebrows and giving a a come-hither look????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited September 2015

Ducky take it as a compliment and enjoy it. Then you can laugh all day about it. It is funny though. 

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited September 2015

Okay, I often say stupid, unthoughtful things like that. that's why I have a slight stutter.

It started when I went up to a girl attending a wedding shower and patted her on the stomach and asked when the baby was coming. Of course you all know there was no baby, she had gone from 90 pounds in high school to 190 in 7 years. Did not seem possible, but it was.

Some people are not conetent with quietness, I have learned to be!

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Kathy.. HaHa.. How embarrassing :-) HaHa.. Sounds like I would say 😱

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Our Philly guest today and tomorrow.image

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Ducky.. It is very exciting that he is visiting.. and what a lovely kind face he has. This Pope seems to be so much more up with the times. I think he is doing a wonderful job for the Catholic Church.!

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

What a wonderful man.........He is the best Pope the church has ever had.........love the man............trust me, this man will be canonized.........he is The People's Pope..............

• proudtospin
    edited September 2015

the photos are wonderful, so glad you were able to get them, yes he is a special pope

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

He is gone.........I am sad....................what an extrodinary person.................I will miss him......and his wonderful kind soul............his plane just took off from Philly international...............Goodbye Papa, God speed.....have a safe flight.........