Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited September 2015

Ducky,

It looks like her personally drove over for dinner in the first picture!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2015
    It does doesn't it...............that kind gentle smile.......his face is full of love........and when he sees a baby his heart melts............Just heard he landed safely........

I set my alarm last night................made a promise to him and to myself that I would go back to church, and to daily Mass every day, and I intend to keep that promise....................my day began at 5:45 am...............by 6:30 I was sitting in church.................

The Mass was all of 20 minutes...............well worth it............and funny thing is.........so many have said they are going back, after falling away too.............the man is charasmatic............and a better word would be infectious.........Truly The People's Pope........

A footnote............surprising how many non-catholics were there...............enormous numbers...........
  • Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited September 2015

Ducky.. So glad that the Pope has inspired you so much.. as he has so many people.. I'm Anglican but still see what a breath of fresh air this current Pope is.. I feel I have fallen away from going to church too over the years.. But I haven't fallen away from God in any way.. He has been with me every day through this awful.diagnosis.. I couldn't of got through without Him.. Actually.. I think YOU have inspired ME to head back to church again.. I used to go every week and even taught Sunday school. Church is a great place for making friends as well.

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Today is our 36 th wedding anniversary ( crap.. where have the years gone.! ) and also my daughters birthday.. We are going to her place for lunch today.... Her little ones are looking forward to Mummy's Party :-)

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited September 2015

Wow Lucy!! Congratulations!!

I also feel away from the Catholic church. Nice to see you so excited Ducky!! It's inspiring!!

• duckyb1
    edited September 2015

Slow............hoestly.......I went to church yesterday and agian this morning.....sat through the entire Mass, and did not have miserable. t...."when is this going to be over thoughts"................I thought of the good reason why I was there.....................For me and for Pope Francis..................

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited September 2015

Ducky, There are so many complicated reasons why I left the church and I don't see me ever going back. But, that doesn't mean that I can't be very happy for you!!!

• Lucy55
    edited September 2015

Slow.. Thank you.. It was a Happy Anniversary.. Feel blessed to of had these years together..

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited September 2015

what ever you mode of worship - it is a grand and glorious way to honor the day, by giving thanks and centering yourself - far better than any tamosradiochemo jig a wig thingy.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited October 2015

Lucy, 36 years is a long time. It is always inspiring to me to hear about a couple that has been together for so many years.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited October 2015

I didn't know where to put this ladies, but most of you know me and I had to say something. The shooting in Roseburg, OR at the college has really hit our city and our church family.. If you believe in prayer, please pray for all of us.. It has been a very stressful day and we aren't getting any list of victims for 24-48 hours. But people we know are starting to post pictures of their loved ones that are missing... I can't stop crying - My heart aches for my city... BTW I have taken classes in the same building a few years ago, so it really hit this afternoon... Need lots of cyberhugs.

• duckyb1
    edited October 2015

It is horrific Gma...............when is this going to end.........our children are safe no where, nor are the people who want to further their educations as adults......

I will pray for you, your friends, and your church members....it is so sad, and has to be stopped...hugs

• gmafoley
    edited October 2015

Well - one of the issues here is it was a "gun free zone" and the security guards aren't allowed guns on campus. They couldn't help... It all happened so fast.

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited October 2015

Gma, I wondered if this happened near you. I have been praying for all of those affected.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited October 2015

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Gma))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• gmafoley
    edited October 2015

DH and I are ok, but this tragedy has hit people we know and the 2 friends that were searching for family members, found out last night they were one of the victims. I couldn't go, but the city churches got together last night at the park for a candlelight vigil.

• duckyb1
    edited October 2015

GMA, I am so sorry.............those poor people.........God help them.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited October 2015

so sorry for you GMA and your entire town, I have visited your area and it was so peaceful and so sad that this has occurec

• m0mmyof3
    edited October 2015

Oh no! So sorry to hear that Gma. When hubby heard about this and called me, it was like hearing about Sandy Hook all over again.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited October 2015

So sorry GMA. Truly awful. Keeping you all in my prayers.

• duckyb1
    edited October 2015
    I am so frustrated and so angry at people who say we don't have to find a way to stop all these "nut jobs" from getting their hands on wepons......they blame it all on mental illness....sure it exists, but its not the entire problem........its getttng guns into the hands of people who have not been thoroughly checked...

No one cares that an honest business man, a man wanting to protect his famil'y in this nutty world, or the guy who enjoys shooting an animal while hiding in a tree so he can't be seen, and then eating it for dinner needs a gun...........this is not what "gun control" is about......its about stopping the freaks who decide one day "I think I'll enter a school, a business, a college, or just to get money instead of working for a living, and with this "gun" that I got because some NRA freak does not want to further "gun laws", and shoot anyone who gets in my way........who I don't like.........or because I have my own agenda to take care of.........

What the hell is wrong with congress........now they are blaming Obama because he is calling for "gun control".................as a means to have government control our lives..............did these idiots ever think, maybe he is trying to stop "mass killings".

This asshole had 6 guns on him, and 7 more back in his apartment..........REALLY......can Congress count, or can the NRA 'c'ount........that is 13 friggin guns...........WTF is wrong with these people...........

I think they are the ones who need the help........sorry my opinion......... God help the victims and their families...........but this too will get swept under the carpet until the next time.................

Plus this bastard had a flak jacket on, and rounds and rounds of ammumition...........he was well prepared to do exactly what he did.............sick son of a bitch.....

Sorry ladies.......I am beyond pissed............and sick to my stomach....

Oh, and do away with the HIPPA laws so that these nut jobs can be exposed, and Drs stop ;hiding behind a law that kills people...........plus........his mother lived with him.........and bought this asshole the rifle he owned......lock that stupid bitch up too...she knew he had 13 guns...
  • m0mmyof3
    edited October 2015

I'm all for people having the right to have guns, but this crap has to stop! Time for people to take responsibility for their own actions, do away with the touchy-feely junk. I come from a long line of hunters. We all were taught to have a healthy respect for guns and how to use them the right way.

• gmafoley
    edited October 2015

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2015

Hugs Gma wondered if you were anywhere near. And Ducky and everyone in the East coast hope all things well with the storm. 

Sitting in hotel in LA watching planes land at Lax head to Denver tomorrow.  

• gmafoley
    edited October 2015

Alyson, we live about 10 miles from the school. I actually had classes in the same building around 5 years ago.

• duckyb1
    edited October 2015

We were spared the hurricane Aly, but we did get an awful lot of rain...some bad flooding....but I'm fine

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited October 2015

my area seems fine as well, but really cold and nasty so forced to make hot cocoa last night

• duckyb1
    edited October 2015

Hot chocolate sounds good.......I ended up putting my heat on......could not handle the dampness, raw feeling of the house....could not get warm......

• m0mmyof3
    edited October 2015

Cold and cloudy here.

• Keys-Plez
    Keys-Plez Member Posts: 190
    edited October 2015

We don't have a good system for helping the mentally ill anymore. Ever notice the increase in the number of homeless people? The majority of those people have a mental illness with no place to go.

The founders of our country included a right to own a firearm. Dictators in history have controlled their people, by controlling their right to own a firearm. As far as my right to own a firearm......