Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2016

Hi Teka.......thanks......just said "hello" to you on the Hermit page..........hope your doing well.......and getting ready for the summer............and don't you just love those little Frogs........I would alway find them swimming in the pool in the morning.......and would have to rescue them so they didn't die from being in the chlorine too long.............hugs

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited April 2016

Ducky.. Gorgeous photo :-)

Teka. HI.!!

• duckyb1
    edited April 2016

Thanks Lucy....his is my little love......

Yea, she jumped off the chair..but the Vet did say within a year she would probably tear the other one....it took her 6 months.....haha......she is having surgery Monday at 9:30....then 10 weeks recovery......ug

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited April 2016

I'm glad Stella is getting better and that surgery is over Ducky..

Ladies, I haven't been present her for awhile. It seems I always come back here when I want a hug... I went in to see my PS for a 4 month check after my 2nd revision. He scrunched his nose again and started talking another revision with steroid cream this time.....This is where the "STFU" comes in.... For some reason, some of my scars heal very nicely, but my nipple and both underarm scars are red and raised. I would say the heck with it if they weren't so sensitive and painful. I told him that they looked better than the last time. He then said, "let's give it awhile to see if the silicone strips and gel help.." I see him in October unless I change my mind and want to try another revision. Just need a hug and any thoughts, experiences that might help...

• Lucy55
    edited April 2016

GMA.. Definately sending you a (( hug )) .. So sorry you are,going through this.. Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom, as I didn't have reconstruction..

• duckyb1
    edited April 2016
    Teka, thank you so much.................going to my sons today ........the kids, grandkids, and great grands are having something small.......well I guess you can't call it small with all of us....we're a crowd.......LOL........hugs Tek, have a great day too.......

GMA..hope your feeling better today.....
  • gmafoley
    edited April 2016

Happy Birthday Ducky! We just went to grandson's birthday party yesterday. Traveling home today. Long drive ahead.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2016

Have a safe trip.....hope your Grandson had a great day with you....hug

• duckyb1
    edited April 2016

Tek, I told my kids, no pictures.......my hair needs to be cut.....I look like the Sea Hag.....LO

• duckyb1
    edited April 2016

If my kids take one today you just might..........have not had my hair cut in a couple months .........LOL........who am I kidding it's about 4 months............truly..........it's bad...........LO

• Lucy55
    edited April 2016

Happy Birthday 🎂 Ducky.. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family.!!!

• duckyb1
    edited April 2016

Had a great birthday today......my kids went all out.......such a fun time...............Teka, these are for you......LOL......remember you asked for them......haha

That is Pink Champagne in the glass with 2 raspberries floating in it..........nothing but the best....LOL. The picture is Grayson in her wheelchair with her sister....she insisted she wanted my BC ladies to see how big she has gotten...she is on the right...you can't see her wheelchair...Isabella is her twin, on the leftimageimageimage

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited April 2016

Great pics Ducky. So nice to see the twins. I think about Greyson all the time and I'm so glad you posted a pic.

• gmafoley
    edited April 2016

Great pictures Ducky. It looks like you had a great time.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2016

Hi Ladies............yes "oh so many leftovers"..........we always do way to much......I'm still horrible......I buy for 8 (like we use to be), and eat for 1..........and give 75% of it away when they stop over......LOL...it's always "can you use this.....not sure why I bought it, and it wi ll probably go bad or expire before I do..........LOL.........

Yes, I wanted you all to see Grayson.........she is coming along ok, but still cannot walk...she has learned to pull herself up from a lying position to upright....it's a struggle, but she is doing it.......here is her new form of transportation........I guess it takes place of the wheelchair......when someone is pushing her...image

• Lucy55
    edited May 2016

Ducky.. Grayson is gorgeous.!! Precious little girl 😘

• duckyb1
    edited May 2016

I saw Grayson's car today....her little sister turned 2 and they celebrated her birthday today......the car is so cute......her's to keep and to take home....she had it parked n the playroom.........I never saw such a happy little girl........she is an angel........

• duckyb1
    edited May 2016

Teka, they look yummy...................hugs

• duckyb1
    edited May 2016

Have a great day Tek.........

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,696
    edited May 2016

That was so me this morning.

• Charles_Pelkey
    Charles_Pelkey Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2016

A blast from the past?

Hello out there. Charles Pelkey here. I just realized it's been a long time since I've checked in. I've been thinking about this group, my cancer and all of you, because I am coming up on five years since my diagnosis. I am still alive and (knock on wood) I have not had a recurrence, although, because of my BRCA2 status, I am a regular visitor to my oncologist's office and am now on a high-risk pancreatic cancer screening protocol.

I am still practicing law and serving in the Wyoming House of Representatives and now added teaching duties at our law school to the list. As you can see, my hair grew back ... just a little grayer, that's all.

I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to stop by a little more often than I have in the past.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2016

Nice to see you Charles - I am still going through some reconstruction surgery revisions, but doing well. A lot of us moved over to another topic - you might enjoy it too.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/84/topics/833500?page=277#idx_8307

[CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.]

• duckyb1
    edited June 2016

Hi Charles.............so good to see you once again............I hope your doing really well, and keeping yourself busy (which it appears you are)...........What is your deal with the Pancreatic cancer thing......I don't remember you ever speaking about that.........reason I ask is my husband had pancreatic cancer,........

Now you take care of our "Charles", and don't be a stranger..........Hair looks great........hugs

• duckyb1
    edited June 2016

Oh yes Charles...........GMA is right........your must come to Crazytown.............super people, many are the old group that you know........others are "newbies"...........Our Mayor of Crazytown is a super lady, and your gonna love her...........I have adopted her as my daughter........love my Girlie.......

So come on over Charles, and get the Royal Welcome.........

• Charles_Pelkey
    edited June 2016

My BRCA2 mutation puts me at an extremely high risk for pancreatic cancer, hence the high-risk screening. As I've mentioned, my uncle died of breast cancer and my father died of pancreatic. I will keep close tabs, but when I think about the risks, I shrug. We all end up dead from something or other.

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,054
    edited June 2016

Charles, great that you have chimed back in to BCO. As far as I can ascertain I'm the only regular BC guy.

Congrats on your five-year club status.

Anyway, I wonder if you could go here:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/112/topic...

and do the BRCA survey for the researcher from Boston College. She's really short of guys in the survey. It won't take long.

• Charles_Pelkey
    edited June 2016

Excellent. I filled it out. As I recall, I spoke with Dr. Hesse-Biber around the time of my diagnosis and treatment. She seemed taken aback by how "open" I was about having breast cancer. I still can't figure out why anyone would be anything but open.

• traveltext
    edited June 2016

Great, she'll be happy to have another male survey candidate. Likely she's come across men reluctant to acknowledge their breast cancer.

• Lucy55
    edited June 2016

Charles.. Glad to hear you are out living such a full life.. I can't understand why men wouldn't be open about it either !!

Traveltex.. We are nearly neighbours.. I'm from up near Bribie.. moved here a year ago from Wellington Point

• traveltext
    edited June 2016

Lucy55. Pretty close, I'm actually up the highway at Cooroy.