Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited April 2013

Happy Birthday, April! Sorry I'm a bit late - I just got to San Fran from the east coast, so it has been a long day.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited April 2013

Thank you april and lymphgirl. 

savgigi 5000mcg/day is what I take.

• savgigi
    edited April 2013

Thanks, Chabba. I just checked and my vitamins have 300 mcg - 5000 is quite a bit different - where do you buy it?

• chabba
    edited April 2013

Any pharmacy,  over the counter.  It really does work.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited April 2013

Shell,

That Oregon college with the luau wouldn't happen to be Linfield College, would it?  

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

No - its Pacific University, our only child, he's a sophomore. About 25% of the undergrads are from Hawaii.

I saw Willamette Valley on your posts and wondered how far you are from Forest Grove!

~ Michelle

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

Lymph why does a Dr. question when we are in pain or discomfort for any reason--To be brushed off like tht is unacceptble to me-yep find another Dr that's it.

Chabba a toe off. WTF is that all about? maybe he can save it somehow---just hurry up and go and tell us what's going on---what Toe is it? Oh geeze I'm sorry.

Shell u furbaby really loves u and u look so pretty. noce picture.

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Good Morning again---When my SIL gets up the weather report is put on in the living room, I'm usually awake and we have a cup of coffee together and talk--well this morning he told me the upper NW (I think) is in for big huge snowstorm like 1 -3 feet==What u say>>> Chevy well Denver is supposed to get only about 1 Foot--it should miss us but lots of cold rain. Of course this could be wrong but I have to spill the beans.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

Cami - you are already up and I am just going to sleep!

• chabba
    edited April 2013

Woke up with foot pain in the area just above the dead toe.  Took a Vicoden and will go back to bed as soon as the pain subsides.

Camille, it is the little toe on the left foot.  Dr. called it necrotic and said it would probably have to be amputated. There is a tiny bit of sensation left in it so I don't know.  Just have to wait and see what the podiatrist says.  I was the last patient of the day so his office was closed when the Dr. refered me yesterday so his office will be calling for the first available appointment first thing this morning.  They seemed to think it would be this week.  I sure hope so.  I've already arranged for the loan of a walker, crutches and shower chair from the Senior center where I volunteer.  I had bunion surgery about 10 years ago so already know a bit about what is needed after foot surgery. 

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

Chabba, I am off to work, but will be thinking of you! Hope they can save that toe! Hugs!!

Snow Camillegal? OMG! I hate that word. We were pounded here it CT with recordbreaking snowfalls this year. In February, we had a blizzard that dumped 37 inches on us!!

Have a great day ladies and gentlemen. Back to the grind!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013
    No Lymphgirl.... don't go to him anymore.  He does not deserve you.

And Chabba.... WHAT THE HELL?  How did THAT happen???  I had to look it up...  Find out what went wrong, so maybe it won't  happen to any more?  BumMER!!! 

Even as stupid as my one hammer-toe looks, I would prefer to keep it.

Yes, which toe is it?  Hopefully not your big toe.

And we don't care if something is BC related or not... doesn't matter.  We talk about EVERYthing on here....  such as Granny's teeth... When is she going in?  Today is it?

April, did I wish you a Happy birthday?  Well Happy Birthday, either again or for next year... 

Okay tell me again what is biotin, and why are you taking it?

Do I have yet another deficiency that I don't know about?

Camille, I heard that too!  We had like a Tornado ripping through here yesterday afternoon!  Then it died down and the temps dropped 40 degrees!  It is 19 out now, and snowing, but so far, only about 4 inches.  I really wanted it to SNOW.... HARD, because everything is so dry here.

Okay Chabba...I see you just posted...  Oh Eeeeeks!  I'm just sorry!  Hopefully it will be taken care of pretty fast....  damn little toes! 

Man, I know NOTHing about this one!  You're on your own kid....

Let us know when you hear something...  ((((hugs)))))
  • chabba
    edited April 2013

Sorry, don't know how that happened. 

Not looking forward to this at all.  A lumpectomy like mine was is a piece of cake compared to foot surgery when it comes to recouperation.  At least I could better care for myself, get myself a cup of coffee or a meal, etc.  Can't carry a cup or plate when using a walker or crutches.

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Chabba!  Are you still there?  Let's have a cup of coffee together, okay?

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

• chabba
    edited April 2013

Good Morning Chevy.  I'll join you for a quick one before heading back to bed!  Just the way I like it, no additives.

• chabba
    edited April 2013

Gotta get that foot back up, pain is not going away.

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Okay, sorry you can't stick around to talk, but I understand....  Sorry about all that.... xoxoxoxo

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited April 2013

Sorry to hear your news Chabba.  ((((HUGS)))) and prayers.

• savgigi
    edited April 2013

Chabba, I hope all goes well today with your poor toe.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited April 2013

CHABBA, going to call you in a few minutes. What should be done before an amputation are studies to identify circulation status, Plus determination of cause. This is a shock, but better done early if the tests show toe is not viable. General info other than above: Smoking is the worst constrictor for circulation. Call Pharmacist explain scenario, ask for an extensive drug action & s.e review and drug interaction check. If you want I'll run your drugs through my drug checker through Genelex.

Cami you are always so sweet thank you.

Chevy-yes history of falls, I've had five closed head injuries on the left side of head from my right ankle turning. Two major falls b/c knees hyperextended back, did major damage to hips, but they didn't break. BAD ligaments. I live in fear of a stray pebble and uneven surfaces LOL.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited April 2013

Chabba, So sorry to hear about your toe. Hope you can get in to see the doctor right away. I think little toe would be easier to recover from than bunion. I knew someone who got an office chair (the kind without arms) and used it as a knee scooter to get around her apartment. If you can borrow the kind of walker that has a seat, that could be a shelf for coffee cup.

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

I knew Sas would be able to help, the little toe is actually a very important toe--it really gives u balance. U have to see the Podiatris ASAP Chabba--It might be savable-hopefuly--Do u have diabitis (sp)? Tell us everything that's going on, cuz this is a mystery to most of us.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited April 2013

Chabba - sending you hugs.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013

I'm back.sunday nite I had an allergic reaction form only God k ows what.was rushed to emergency and given meds and in 10min.was gone.my body was like fire red...all over and so itchy and burning.stayin with my friend till tonite.surgery is thurs.

Yes sas I know all about the Valium...been takin it for yrs.for the TMJ.now I'm more scared then before.

Chabba...I'm so sorry for you..good luck.

Ill be back.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Talked with Chabba, she's waiting on the referral, her doc has been GREAT for staying on top of problems till they get managed WELLL. I know she won't be upset with me sharing this much, She has the dreaded neuropathy that is so rampant with chemotherapeutics (she's not diabetic). I'm half way through a BCO search to see what info is available here. If I find that the info is not available here on BCO, I'll do a topic thread like I did for constipation and some other stuff. Used the BCO search with keywords neuopathy signs and symptoms which widdled the sample down from 460+ to 2

I did find a thread on BCO on diabetics, scanned it, allot of good info. Didn't analyze it for total accuracy,so,need to go back and study it. There was a poster on the thread that seemed to be flrdalady's nemesis trying to discredit whatever she said. We have all seen the type. Flralady did give great info for what I scanned, but looks like she gave up b/c of this negative poster. I'll put the link here in case anyone wants to look at it. I stored it to look at transferring some of herposts or linking it, if I do the Topic thread.

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/79/topic/730007?page=1#post_1253059

Here's another neurpathy BCO thread link, short but a few pearls.

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/6/topic/720482?page=1#post_1049316

BCO main board has 600+ links that they have written. Whew don't need to do topic thread. The main description could be tweeked a little i.e.daily evaluation how too's. Perhaps including some of the material from Floridalady's diabetic skin/footcare. Will write Mods.

http://www.breastcancer.org/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=neuropathy&commit=Search

Here's the PM to the mods

Hello Dear Mods!, did a site search on neuropathy b/c Chabba's got a new problem which she's working through. She also has neuropathy which was likely highly involved in her new problem b/c of sensation loss. Looked At the main boards offerings. SOOOOO happy you have it so well covered, would have been lots of work doing a topic thread. Getting lazy. Your writings cover just about everything possible, Bless you.

Would like to suggest that the main first link that's pulled by the search term "neuropathy" which is "neuropathy" be tweeked a little bit. If you could insert a section on the daily skin evaluation for a neuropathy area, skin care, what to avoid i.e constricting clothing/shoes/smoking etc. I know you just updated it Mar 27th 2013, sorry late with the suggestion. Thanks, you all take such good care of us, sheila

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Granny----if it isn't another friggen problem trying to survive the "cures". Sorry you have TMJ too.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013

Sas-as i read over my last post i see i sounded so snotty.im sorry.the tmj i have for sooo long and all the teeth problems too.i went to 5 different drs.for the valium cause a friend of mine has it and told me that the only thing that works is the valium...no one wanted to give it to me...finally my stomach dr.took out a medical book and he told my internist GIVE IT TO HER...im sure i addicted to it by now.

im really not myself these past few weeks.everything is falling apart and its scaring the shit out of me.

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Little Princess Granny..... We all understand.... (you snotty little girl!)   Sas had some really good ideas about your teeth... And what to do.... 

Oh hey wait!  Hi Savgigi and Juliana!  Sorry, I just noticed you guys are new?  Welcome here anyway! 

Geez little Kantalope, you and an allergic reaction?  I think I wrote the book on them.... I REALLY know what you mean.... If you THINK about it more, you will KNOW what happened.... 

I am the Queen of allergic reactions....  Mostly always on my skin... my arms, face, legs and anywhere else they decide to show up as welts, hives, blisters and just a sh--load of problems.  Same as with my hands.... Only now I know the Eczema will never go awayon my hands.... I just have to deal with it, and keep them creamed and covered with gloves.  The only time it goes away is when I take Prednisone, and I know I can't do that. 

So Thursday?  We'll all be thinking of you....  I can't tease you now, because you  are delicate.  But just wait until you are better.

Thanks for every-one's help Sassy.....  It's like having our own PC, Dermatologist, Psychiatrist, etc!   xoxoxoxoxoxo

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Granny--Hugs, regrettfully and to my advantage I learned of VALIUMS forgotten benefit during the 1970's when I slept in neck traction for 3years. Old time library research (what a boon the internet is now). Valium was invented as a skeletal muscle relaxer around 1960. It was soon identified as an anxiety reducer. Then was handed out like candy for anxiety. By early 70's it's connection to skeletal muscle relaxation was essentially lost. I found it helped my TMJ while taking it for my neck. Then Valium got the bad rap as a drug of abuse. It wasn't till this past decade that doc's started to ressurect it for skeletal muscle --the TMJ muscles are skeletal. Your friends doc was unusual, and your doc listened and went to the books--YEAH. For skeletal muscle spasm it has to be used at a higher dose i.e closer to minimum 10 mg versus anxiety dose starts at 2.5 mg with a general max dose of 5 mg. It can be used at lower doses for skeletal to stop spasm from occuring, The higher dose is used to break spasms. It's very useful for back spasms, especially postop back surgery. But patients have to be watched very closely b/c of additive affects with other postop pain meds and anesthesia drugs b/c Valium can slow respirations or stop them(very negative thing to do)

TMJ spasm is like taking the old toy planes that you wound the propeller that was attached by a rubber band. Each winding caused the propeller to get oh so tight. That's TMJ.

Oh the neck traction. Talk about birth control. One time we "did it" while I was in traction, paid for that for about 3 months. After that the cue phrase was "going to hang up now dear". STFU