Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited April 2013

Shellshine, love the picture.  I'm glad you said where it was taken as my son lives in Japan.  I thought it was taken there.  I didn't realize there was such an Asian influence in Hawaii.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

LaughingLaughingLaughing You guys! funny!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

Veggy love the panties---LOL--sorry u don't ike them Granny, but not everyone has Veggies taste.

Ducky I know exactly where that bit bldg. formerly known as Sears Tower, my DD work in the bldg. rigt next door and it looks on top like a birthday cake. And good luck with those high floors scared the hell out of me. Navy Pier is great U really gave u'rself a work out. This sounds like so much fun. I just heard thunder. oops--Don't worry about Granny and her teeth or Chevy with her mouth open---we'll try to control all this til u get back--just enjoy.

And now I have no memory of what or who else I was going to alk to--wait wait I was thiking of that picture perfect man right or was everyone thinking about other things.? Thunder again....oh oh

I'm teaching myself--well someone else toldme how) to double screen--I see double alot but not the correct way for the comp.

Hey Chevy I love polente with sauce on it--we used to say gravy--but no one says that anymore. So I've americanized my language quite a bit. Yes even at my age.

Well I hope everyobe has a Great Sunday and Monday etc.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013

Camille!  You mean double-screen as in type-a-post-on-the-left-with-BC.ORG-topic-on-the-right-then-copy-and-paste-to-the-right????  YES!  That's the way you won't lose your post, and you can scroll up and down, all over the place! Wink

And I love Polenta too!  I just made some with water, milk, butter, then the "course" Polenta meal, then added a hand-full of grated Parmesan cheese and stirred ... it was really creamy!  You must be Italian, Ha!  I'm married to one of those guys...Wink  And yes, "sauce" was "gravy"...!

Princess Granny, are you alright?  I won't tease you anymore..I don't think you feel good enough to snap back at me....Undecided Just glad you are healing well, and will have your teeth all pretty and new.  I'll still send you flowers.... not pink ones either.

Veggy, we have to behave....We have to wait until she is firing on all 8 cylinders.....

Hi April!  Good to see you! 

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

photo ScreenShot2013-04-07at14728AM_zps4438af96.png

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Yes, that be me...Wink  Except I don't do braids anymore.

• april485
    edited April 2013

For Camillegal...making Sunday "Gravy" - I am Greek, but that is what we called it when I was growing up too!

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Morning April!  Yes, my DH is also part Greek, Italian, and Albanian.  I LOVE homemade spaghetti sauce, or "gravy"... Did your family make Polenta, nice and thick, then pour it onto a board, and set it on the table?   I like it made with the course corn-meal, not the fine type...

What are you holding there, Lasagna?  I LOVE that picture!

• april485
    edited April 2013

LOL Chevy...that is not a picture of me! It is a picture I found on the internet and stole without permissionSurprisedIt is two unknown Italian women and I think they are cooking in a restaurant. Looks like eggplant parmesean to me though.

Yup, we made the polenta, but not on a board. My mom put it in a bowl..lol

I look like this!

• april485
    edited April 2013

Actually,  I am down 18 more pounds since that photo above (lost 81 in the last two years) and this is more recent.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited April 2013

You look fabulous, April. I need to get back in the Weight Watcher's swing of things.

• april485
    edited April 2013

Thanks savgigi Embarassed It was really hard, but so worth it. I can't imagine having to fight this disease when I was in such horrible shape physically before joining WW. I have arthritis pretty bad and a bone on bone knee (need total knee replacement) so taking the weight off helped with that pain a whole lot. Now I walk every day (not fast but good distance) on my treadmill and I also ride my stationary bike a few times a week. I was lifting free weights for a little while but since my diagnosis and surgeries, I have not been doing that. I put a quick few pounds back on from stress eating recently but have lost 3 of the 8 I packed on and I am happy that I am turning it around.

This shit is hard but worth it! In total, that photo above is me down 160 pounds from my highest weight which was in 2002. I weighed 303 lbs on my 4'11" body! I am 143 in the photo in the white blouse. I am now 148...need to get to around 115-120 though. Ugh..hopin the tamoxifen does't pack it all back on again! Yell

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013

im back.still in a foul mood......its not you sistas its these friggin teeth.....BUT----sweet Veggy is gonna get such a smack from me...Chevy you did this to her!!!

Shells-you are not on the shit list.The ones who are on it know who they are!!!!Like Chevy...she is gonna behave!!!!yeah right...who is gonna teach you?what teacher?

Seriously----i can take anything except bloomers and the pink shit....

Chevy-do you remember how i carried on with the friggin bras?

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

April u ook georgeous, and u'r hair is perfect. Wait isn't it Easter for u today--u said u were Greek, I know it's not usually on the other /easter or has that changed?

And the 2 Italian ladies I should look so good. LOL BTW my first real love was Greek we were together for 3 yrs, but he had to marry a Greek But he said it won't make a difference we'll still stay together--Uh I don't think so..That was my forst and only broken heart. Now it's funny cuz I had 2 Greek girlfriends that decided I could pass for Greek so they wanted to teach me all these things and never let them meet my family. They were so funny. I never saw hime again but he would call me about once a month and we did talk til I moved bout 10 yrs. So that was my big romance. I'm so uninteresting and yet I keep on talking Oh well u brought back my memories. LOL

• april485
    edited April 2013

Camillegal, our Easter is very late this year..not until May 5th! Usually the two are like a week apart or even on the same day, but this year the calendar was totally different. The Western world uses the Gregorian calendar and the Orthodox world uses the older Julian calendar. So, this year, very late! I hope I don't forget..lol.

Oh and some Greek men think that a mistress is a must...shameful! My dad and mom were married for 60 years and only had eyes for each other. I married out of faith (twice!) so I broke the chain. I was the first in my family going back all the way that we know of to marry someone who was not Greek. My mom wasn't thrilled but they lived...lol

Thanks for the compliments! My hair is natural. Have never dyed it and I will be 58 tomorrow!

• FireKracker
    edited April 2013

April--u look sooo pretty.

• april485
    edited April 2013

Thanks Granny...not feeling very pretty these days with the huge chunk of my boob missing and now heading for rads. Hoping I keep some of that hair after starting either an AI or tamoxifen cause I hear that your hair can thin quite a bit.

Best of luck with your dental surgery. That sounds pretty painful! I have a maryland bridge for one tooth (front) that was knocked out when I was playing catcher in a neighborhood baseball game (all boys and me..the tomboy..lol) and the batter threw his bat when he hit the ball and it hit me square in the mouth!

Dental issues suck! Hope you get your new fabulous teeth as quickly as possible!

• FireKracker
    edited April 2013

April-not everyone has hair loss with the meds.my friend is on femara and had no hair loss at all.everyone is different...take it out of your head.

when i went for the stomach surgery the dr.said 1% gets the poop bag.1% after 5 days.i was so nuts that i was gonna be in that 1% for nuthin.....i was not....Im grateful the surgery was a success.its the damn teeth thats drivin me nuts.this morning i woke up my hands were shakin.

Try not to give this thing power...im workin sooo hard on that one.

good luck grannydukes

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289
    edited April 2013

April.....What a GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Job....I know it was very hard....Liz

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited April 2013

granny, with your spunk you should do just fine.  But I wish you good luck anyway Smile

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013
    Good job April!    I was on WW once.... but I'm just holding my own, and figure I'm happy doing it... Ha!  You look great! 

I don't color my hair either.... more than once every 6 weeks.

And my hair thinned on Tamoxifen, but it does come back....

Oh little Kantalope!  Welcome back!   I never would have guessed you were in a foul mood!   Do flames come out of your ears when you get mad?     Why were your hands shaking when you woke up?   

Maybe have your blood pressure checked?  Man, I really have to behave, so you will be calm.

Geez, I just hope having your teeth all taken care of will make you feel better........  And oh yeah.... the bra saga....  Are you doing good with them now?   You must have spent 3 million dollars on bras there in that one month!     The ones I really liked are no longer sold!  I can't find them anywhere...  What kind do you like?  You there with the giant gorgeous breasts....  wearing pink little cfm stiletto's.  

And why isn't Shells on your list?  She made me and Veggy who we are today....  You love us.... you know you do!

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

Three WONDERFUL things happened to me today:

1) I finished my taxes

2) I'm not on Granny's S list

3) I got an A on my exam!!!!!

:toast:

Also posting this on Cure for Stupid and Bonfire........YAHOOOOOO!!

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Congratulations Shell!  You are too funny! 

• FireKracker
    edited April 2013

The foul mood is cause I'm scared...you would think after fighting and killing the beast this is not so bad.right?wrong...I didn't expect this now.my hands were shakin this morning just thinkin of this mother ?&$@?er mouth of mine.we all know how that sucks playin the waiting game...BUT I need these threads like I need breath now....my real support comes from here.Thanks Chabba for cheering me on...

Chevy...you know how I get...how many times did you see me go off the wall...I lost count...you Lways listened and helped me get up.ya doin it a little different now but it's really ok.ya still make me giggle after all this time

Enuf!!!STFU

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Oh little honey..... It's going to be alright..... You know I'm always here, and I'd do anything for you.  I don't know what I would do if you weren't here and we couldn't  have fun with each other. 

Yes, so many times.... I just hate to be serious...  because I'll feel bad.   You do better when you can get up on your hind legs and let it all come out.  I know you are scared....  but, I'm the strong one here remember?  I'm older, and I can take care of you.   Just trust that everything will be alright!  We'll all be here for you...  All of us.

Just remember we are here, and all of our arms are open for you to fall into.   Honest. 

Now go to bed little one.... I'll tell you what my Dad always told me....Good night,  Sweet Dreams, sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite, I love you.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited April 2013

Shell,

Congratulations on your accomplishments today.  I'm sure you will be a practicing soon.  Heaven knows we need more NPs.  Someone recently told me a conversation she overheard:  Lady was complaining her appointment was with an NP not the MD, the receptionist told her she would get better care from the NP.  That has been so true in my experience with caring for the "older generation."  NPs still remember to look at the whole person, not just the current complaint.

Hope everyone had a restful weekend.  Look out, here comes Monday!

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Shell good day for u----WOOP, WOOP

Granny maybe u'r having what I call aftershock--u went thru alot very well and now u'r being hit by u'r mouth--you'r own, That didn't make sense but maybe u know what I mean, and now u have to wait which doesn't help u at all. Be kind to u'rself and drink or take drugs or even drink warm milk (u get used to it) it's very calming actually.

April Not that many people loose or thin hair on these wonderful drugs and u have a good amount, so don't think about it and in case I forget HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAAYY 58 --u'r doing great (everyone notice how it rimes (sp)and that's so late for u'r Easter, just like ours was so early this year.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited April 2013

you guys were busy....just checking in bb tomorrow, worked at macy's today and feet hurt and need to relax...

• camillegal
    edited April 2013

Bondie that's tiring so just relax--Oh u get some good discounts especially with sales. Good for u.