Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited April 2013

sas and Shell - reporting in. Late yesterday afternoon at dr's purple extended above joint about 1", toe mostly numb but could feel firm pressure.  Have been doing prescriibed cool, warm soaks and keeping foot elevated.  Thursday is my day to fix lunch at the Senior Center.  Had an extra helper today so I could just sit back and supervise.  Sat all morning on a stool with foot perched on the corneer of a table about 6" above hips.  Keeping foot up since I got home but not quite as high.

The area above the joint is more of a red than purple now and the toe is much more sensitive to touch.  The foot is still swollen but the skin is not streched as tight.  I see the podiatrist at 1:15 pm tomorrow.  we wwill be discussing a plan for evaluation all the systems involved. 

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited April 2013

Heard from GrannyK and she is very relieved it's over...we agreed it was worse than her digestive surgery...but she is doing the pain pills and said she was going to sleep. 
    So, there is discussion that she will wear a mask when she is ready to go out dancing...
    This may work....a grass mask?? 

http://www.greenmuze.com/green-your/fashion/2595-living-plant-face-mask-.html

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084
    edited April 2013

So is there an "Addicted to BC.ORG" thread going! Need to sign me up for that 12-step program and pronto! 

Shells.. your furbabies are too cute! Great puppy dog eyes! I've always had a soft spot for black cats.

Chabba... hang in there!

• 2nd_time_around
    edited April 2013

How about "You know you're addicted to BC.ORG when..."

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2013

(((((GD)))))

Hope you are relieved it's over and doing okay.

Everyone is thinking about you, but badly misbehaving while you were away.

If anyone picks  on you (Chevy), LMK and I'll bust their chops (except Veggy, she's an angel)

💜

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2013

I am a member of that "addicted club" and you can tell by my post count. I was diangosed in January and had a few posts prior to that from my 6 month watch and wait period. But, since diagnosis, I am here an awful lot I guess..lol

But, it is a lifeline. Other peeps who get it are priceless! This is a life-changing time for sure and this shit is not fun without someone else who can commiserate! My boob is zinging me around the lumpectomy area and I was told it is the nerves regenerating. It hurts! Without this site, I would not know that this is the reason I am having pain several weeks post surgery! I wouldn't know what to expect when I begin rads. I would not know that I am not crazy!

I love BCO. I love you guys. You make me laugh and sometimes make me cry but you are here and that is so comforting! xoxo

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2013
    Morning gals! 

Shells!  WHAT are there 2 or 3 of?  "If you count Cammigirl"...   What did you just say...?  My mind is in a fog....

2nd.... If you type anything into Google Images, you will come up with zillions of stuff... Well, I mean be careful, or you might get something you didn't count on, Ha! 

Blondie... We had an intelligent conversation?  We did?  How did we do that?   You must be dreaming.    Yes Sassy, she DID say that.  She must be reading 50 shades of Gray or whatever.  Well I mean as far as being intelligent, not so much. 

Yes Shells, we are calling Dr. Drew for our addictions.... Ha!   You say Blondie is behaved?  I mean how?   I saw her out back of the shed smoking.... mind you! 

April.... Pretty picture!  Sort of!  I like the colors....  And I love cats..

Cammi, did Rachel think she posted something offensive?  Now THAT'S a stretch.  Or a boundary?  What is a boundary?  We haven't come across one yet, but there is always a first time...

And what is this action, reaction, noaction stuff?  I know exactly what you are talking about!  Ha!  No, really I do...And it's true! 

Is "icky" an actual word?  by the way.

Chabba... seriously now....  I'm so glad you are seeing a little improvement...!  Let us know what your podiatrist says...  I'm so sorry you hurt! 

Joan... so glad Granny is out from under, and hanging in there...   Are you kidding about a mask? 

2nd time.... Yes, we have an addiction, or an affliction...  just remember we also have a guy on here.... "Charles" is our lawyerly friend, and pops in sometimes... so we have to include him too...

Morning again April!   GLAD you come back here!   And yes, it's fun to find something to laugh about when we are not crying....  I just don't want to know when you guys are hurting....  makes me feel like I should behave, and not be, well, whatever I am. 

Oh I remember the "zingers".... no, you are not crazy... they hurt, don't they?  They will stop...  maybe like in 12 years or so...  No, just kidding.  I forgot about those, until you mentioned it.  I used to put heat on that breast, and sort of massage it a little.  And cuss.  And no you are NOT crazy.... We are! 

Okay kids... go out and play... love you all! xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

• 2nd_time_around
    edited April 2013

Chevy... thanks for reminder, like the new kid in school, gotta get to know the kids

Charles....my apologies, not intentional to exclude you in any way

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2013

Sandy........here, just feeling like "shit" so have not been posting........hope your doing better.....

Maybe it's the new med they put me on for the colon bullshit, or too much "wedding and Chicago. Now preparing for my GD conformation which is tomorrow.......cooking to help my daughter...

Plus this Philly weather sucks today.....now I will STFU.....

• Lymphgirl
    Lymphgirl Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2013

dsyinh

Just had to say it.

• 2nd_time_around
    edited April 2013

Thanks, Lymphgirl!

Have a great Friday everyone!

• Lymphgirl
    edited April 2013

Found a funny - Hope it doesn't get anyone mad - 

brooms

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Yes, 2nd time....  Charles would feel sad if we did not remember him in our writings.... although he is EASY to forget, because he is never ON here. Wink Come on Charles.... You MUST have SOME story for us...

Oh Ducky, damnit!  You lost your mo-jo?  What is wrong with you?   Maybe you had too much going on all at once.  I WONdered what happened to you!  You had better take it easy, so you can re-charge....  I mean after tomorrow....  You would wear ME out.

Lymphgirl.... that is beautiful....What thread are we on anyway?  We are being way too nice...Ha, ha! 

But you all know how much I care about ALL of you..... xooxoxo  Now go play.  xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2013

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!  That was good Lgirl!  I have 2 gal-friends that will NOT park  in between cars!...!!!  I mean they are scared to death.... and probably just as well that they don't attempt it.   

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited April 2013

Lympgirl, Perfect and beautiful words words to live by :)

Cami, Chevy,Shell, Granny, Ducky, Blondie, April, Anyone I missed-- Cami, you used the word crossroads. That was masterful. When someone presents here(BCO) with a problem AND I have a strong knowledge of it, it sets the adrenaline flowing. Trying to present info to convince someone to take action, then waiting to see what they do, then saying to myself "Good there safe now" or the opposite "OH no they are still in danger". MY mind and body get totally involved to my detriment. I've been smoking like a fiend worrying about Chabba and my nerve endings are plum tuckered out. CHABBA this isn't meant to worry you, Just trying to explain why you all see me change.  You can see it in the writting--Very proper, technical, but try to explain it in lay language. That's one of the reasons I've come here. "Your Collective Sense of Humor, camraderie, irreverence, goofiness." It keeps me from being too intense. Lordy I loved nursing, still do. Can you imagine my poor docs when I believed my patients assigned to me needed something.  But, conversely, they had unbelievable respect. Collectively they preferred me over the nurse that wouldn't advocate.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

April and 2x, Addiction to BCO. Last May I had a computer virus. Within hours I found I was obsessing about not getting "ON". Then the physical symptoms started. I realized I was going through withdrawal as surely as if it was a drug or alcohol. One might say it was a psychological dependence. Whatever, it was scary. I intentionally didn't get a new computer for weeks longer then I could have, until I felt the depedence was under control.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Blondie, Ginger for nausea,Won't do any long stories. Decades to centuries old. Take a teaspoon in a cup of water and make a tea. Taste is something you have to get used too. AMAZING and FAST resposne. Can't be used if on Coumadin/Warfarin. Either straight from a spice bottle or fresh grated, works either way Good luck. sassy

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Veggy thanks for the fun last night HUGS sheila

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

OK I'm here and trying to remember who said what--so forgive me if I screw up.

AdDiCtEd mE?ell of course I am, but I don't care--I will stay this way, it makes me happy to talk to so many of u.

Chabba let us know as soon as u know something.

Joan glad u heard from Granny, and right is she really going to wear a mask? It's fine granny if that's what u want. (quiet Chevy)

April I think a Lymphectomy (so) hurts more that afull lets get them both off operation. Cuz u sill have nerves and things to hurt, When both come off it's supriseingly non hurting--my sister and I both agreed--u didn't need any pain pills nothing so I can imagine u hurting for a while.

Ducky I knew u'd be very tired and u'r still going. Just relax some for u'rself.

Sas U'r such a wonderful addition here--so so caring.

And April I agree with u about the lifeline, it's talking to people who understand and we all start really caring about one another, even thos we have never met.

See I wasn;t sarcastic at all and Chevy was pretty good too, not as good as me of course but she;s OLDER and can't help herself, oops what that sarcastic? No I don't think so.

Everu=yone have a great day--It's Friday for those who work and it's Friday for those who don't--just different.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Shell I first guessed Kernicterus, but Hydroxfetalis? But you said infant versus neonate, Well I'll wait before I guess again :)

Cami-Hugs, also having to share a house computer -awful--It's like "don't you KNOW I need to get ON", oops my addiction is showing again.

Lymphgirl The Brooms, also addicted to Harry Potter. Quidditch anyone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride" SAS

• Lymphgirl
    edited April 2013

Sas, I just had a Harry Potter marathon last week - watched the whole set of movies LOL.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited April 2013

Lymphgirl, Your post about the kind words is so true. I met a former heroin addict who decided to get clean after a little boy put a coin in his cup (begging downtown) and then said, "and how are you?" He said he felt acknowledged as a human being for the first time in ages.

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Oh Wren, tears swelling on that one.

Lymphgirl, DH would reserve the books months in advance, then wake me up --hand it to me, then he'd provide food and liquids till I was done, I'd only break for the "Water closet". The last two books had an awfully sore bottom cuz the books were soooo long LOL.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited April 2013

Hi ShaneOak,

This is my first time posting and I just loved your post! STFU has been on my brain lately. Being newly diagnosed I am still feeling my way through this journey. I am terrified but have excellent support. 5 chemo treatments complete, one more to go. My double mastectomy is scheduled for the middle of June. That's all anyone wanted to tell me that I am so lucky to get perky new boobs. I feel like you do I would rather keep my real ones if they weren't trying to kill me. I found my lump while trying to pump at work. Breast feeding I first thought the lump was a milk duct. Being a first time mom it was really hard to discern if it was a milk duct or a lump, really glad I went in to have it checked. Kick my self now wish I didn't wait 2 months thinking it was a milk duct. Since I have to start radiation my plastic surgeon thinks it is best that I have delayed reconstruction, which threw me for a loop. Talking with others I thought, well no breasts but at least they will be starting the process to reconstruct something. But now I have to wrap my mind around not having anything for 4 months. Also I worry what my skin will be like after radiation? Will they even have anything to work with. The plastic surgeon said the Lat Flap procedure is my best option. Thought I could argue that I had enough abdominal tissue to do the transflap procedure. Hey then I could have a tummy tuck and new perky boobs. But no they will have to take muscle and skin from my back to move to the front of me to have perky boobs. This is a long journey I just hope I caught it early enough. I admire everyone's strength and courage traveling down their journey. Keeping everyone in my prayers. Lets kick this cancers ass!!!!

Faith, Love, Hope,

Stacey

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited April 2013

I'm back..thank God it's over...no top teeth.grrrrrrrrrrrr ugly!

4 pages behind and ill never catch up.sooo I was glancing at the threads..did I miss something?where is Scottie?

veggy...I still owe you a smack but let's forget it...lets just kiss and makeup!

Chevy...my oh my have you been good lately...what happened?

Oh BTW I cannot smoke for a few days....goin crazy..

It's ugly here in NJ.rain and cold.

Next week is my last week with the walker.yay.

Now....if someone could just find me some top teeth I would be forever grateful.

Ill be back.hugs kantalope

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2013

Granny it's good to hear from u--we all worry about u. No top teeth, well I'm sure u know what u can eat. Nothing that u like but here are alot of foods that are good I know--Oh I'm sorry for u between u'r walker ad u't teeth u've got it goin'on.  I'm so sorry ())HUGS)))

• sas-schatzi
    edited April 2013

Grannyyyyyyyyyy, heard your comment about it been worse than the colon resection, AgReE........

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited April 2013

Granny.....you're amazing, you don't miss a beat. So happy you're back....I've missed

You..❤ I've been MIA a little just because I've been so tired getting back from work.

I've been reading and peeing my pants with everybody's comments and jokes....you guys are the best......you crack me up everyday.

Granny I hope you are not in any pain but if you are ......take some pain killers or maybe some brownies......lol........

Welcome to all the new gals ......you will love it here....behave though or Granny will put you in your place....she's a bit of a control freak and tries to act tough but really her heart

is as big as her mouth and we just humour her..lol

Will try to catch up more over the weekend......love you all....💃

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited April 2013

GrannyDukes - Its good to see you! I'm keeping an arm length's distance from you. I've been sick. Hugs