Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Open Letter

Options
12345679»

Comments

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,306
    edited February 2023
    Options

Colt45 - Thanks so much for continuing to bump this. I never tire of seeing it, and I'm sure it continues to be extremely helpful to many, as it was to me.

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2023
    Options

TY threetree. It’s been 10 years since I wrote that. I’m glad it’s still reaching people. I always like to check back in. I met so many incredible people here—as you are one.

• jhl
    jhl Member Posts: 174
    edited February 2023
    Options

Colt,

How are you & how is your wife? I would imagine that coming up to 10 years with this disease has been life changing for both of you. Have your little girls been impacted much? I hope they are lovely young ladies with a deep respect for their mom and the love shown by their dad.

• colt45
    edited February 2023
    Options

jhl, so kind of you to ask. My family is well. It’s been 10.5 years since diagnosis. The girls are 18 and 14 now. They have some special challenges but overall are well. We are so blessed that life is back to *normal* regarding sibling rivalry and teenage daughters VS mom stuff. 😃 We are doing our best every day. Being a teenage girl these days is a tough deal.

• colt45
    edited March 2023
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    Options

Bump

• inneedofhope
    inneedofhope Member Posts: 31
    Options

Colt thank you for bumping this. I found this so incredibly moving, especially being a young mother of a 3 and 1 year old. I'm so pleased to see your family are doing well. Thank you for sharing so openly.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

colt45: What beautiful words and loving kindness. You touched me deep in my heart. Please keep us up to date on your wife and let her know there is an International Band of Sisters here. My sanity would not have survived the first months of this evil disease without them.

No need to respond. I will assume you have read it and let her know.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

colt45: I just realized your original post was 10 years ago. I am so happy for you, your wife and your lovely children. I can honestly say that 60 years ago it was not a fun time for me or my parents when I was a teen. It was love and forbearance that got us through all the door slamming and worse :-)

• colt45
    Options

inneedofhope, sending prayer and positive energy to you…

• colt45
    Options

elderberry, thank you for your sweet words. Prayers and positive energy being sent to you.

• colt45
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    Options

• colt45
    Options

Bump