Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Open Letter

Options

Comments

• Warrior2018
    Warrior2018 Member Posts: 212
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thank you for that reminder Colt. It is difficult sometimes to understand what could possibly be going on on the inside. I handle things emotionally and want to discuss it all as I find out things, and he wants to be practical and find a way to make everything better. Sometimes there might not be a better, but a new way. The hard part is making sure we are together on it all, while still trying to work, take care of kids, the house, bills, multiple multiple drs appts....just the stress of it all can create distance. But I’m going to let your words be a reminder to me that no matter what, we have a deep and true love at the foundation of it all. We didn’t ask for this. We just need to find a way through it together.

Thank you.

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited May 2018
    Options

HoneyBeaw, ThreeC, Warrior2018,

Thank you for your fantastic insight and responses. What I’d really like to remind you all to do is to be kind to yourselves. Give yourself credit. Cut yourself some slack. The supports in your lives need to facilitate your recovery. Life isn’t always pretty when you’re fighting. We’re in your corner

• colt45
    edited June 2018
    Options

Bump

• beach2beach
    beach2beach Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2018
    Options

That is a beautiful letter. I'm lucky to have a SO in my life who although does not live with me, didn't run screaming when I found out. He has been there for me from diagnosis to follow up with Oncologist. He took on a whole lot of crazy with me before I was diagnosed and I added on the C caboose to the crazy train and he's still here.

• JCA1984
    JCA1984 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    Options

Colt,

Well said. Exactly how i feel every time i come to this forum when i am in need of some cheering up. The love and kindness on display here in the face of all this is incredible.

• colt45
    edited July 2018
    Options

Bump

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited July 2018
    Options

Bumping

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited August 2018
    Options

Bumping

• colt45
    edited August 2018
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited October 2018
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited November 2018
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited January 2019
    Options

Bump

• KatyK
    KatyK Member Posts: 206
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hey Colt45, I see your bumps, was there something specific you wanted to address? I hope you and your wife had a good holiday. My DH and I enjoyed a nice family Christmas at home. Today we are putting away all the Christmas decorations. Wishing you a Happy New Year

• colt45
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi KatyK.

It’s nice to hear you had a Merry Christmas. A Happy New Year to you, too. We had a nice holiday as well.

I stop in to check messages and try to bump this post every month or so. I have gotten enough positive feedback about it to make an effort to keep it visible to anyone newly affected by a diagnosis.

• colt45
    edited March 2019
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited November 2019
    Options

Bump

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,700
    edited November 2019
    Options

I had not read this and thank you for writing this. Many face this alone which is so much harder with wonderful support. Thank you again.

• Slg1324
    Slg1324 Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2019
    Options

love this letter !I’m newly diagnosed and my wonderful husband is my support. This so touching and means so much, thank you !💜💜💜💜

Colt45 , I hope you and your family are doing well ❤️

• mitziandbubba
    mitziandbubba Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2019
    Options

What a beautiful letter. I am so glad I got to see this. My husband was my rock during treatment. I never thought I'd be one of those people who has found gifts in cancer, but I am. One of these is that my relationship is stronger than I ever dreamed it could be.

• berries
    berries Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2019
    Options

Oh my heart. Thank you. Thank you.

My sweet husband has stood by me, told me I'm beautiful regardless as handfuls of hair shed from my head, peeled me off the floor as I sobbed.

We own, in part, our strength to you.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,981
    edited November 2019
    Options

We are so glad to see this is revived. Thank you Colt.

• buttonsmachine
    buttonsmachine Member Posts: 339
    edited November 2019
    Options

Thank you for this letter, Colt. It's a ray of light.

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 468
    edited November 2019
    Options

Thanks for the bump colt I hope all is well with your fam. Thank you for keeping this thread alive and taking time to write the OG letter.

• angieb92
    angieb92 Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2019
    Options

I just read this and cried. Thanks, Colt!! I hope your family is doing well!

• grayskies
    grayskies Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2019
    Options

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

• colt45
    edited January 2020
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited March 2020
    Options

Bump.

• colt45
    edited July 2020
    Options

Bump

• Alicethecat2
    Alicethecat2 Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2020
    Options

To the Wonderful Colt

Thank you for continuing to gallop towards those who might appreciate a little encouragement and thanks during a very trying time.

Hope you and your dear lady wife are well.

With thanks from another 2012 poster

Alice x

• colt45
    edited August 2020
    Options

Alice, we are doing well. Thank you. I will never forget how you all helped save me when our world was hanging by a thread.

I will always return to share words of encouragement with the community here.