Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Open Letter

Options

Comments

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited September 2016
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited October 2016
    Options

Bump.

• colt45
    edited November 2016
    Options

Bump

• maureen1
    maureen1 Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2016
    Options

Colt45...I so enjoy reading your posts and hearing how your lovely wife is doing. I am grateful to be over 4 years since diagnosis and appreciate the positive stories and messages of support from people like you. I think your wife and I were diagnosed around the same time...I am so glad she continues to do well and that she has someone like you at her sideHeartMy husband has also been my rock and I am grateful to have the love and support of family and friends as I work towards year #5...take care, (((Hugs))) Maureen

• colt45
    edited November 2016
    Options

Maureen1,

How wonderful to hear from you! I remember you being a beacon in my darkest days as I was trying to deal with this from my position as a caregiver. I felt so inadequate, so powerless. You have always been kind and supportive and inspirational. You and a lot of other great hearts here helped me gain some traction in my role as a support for my wife and girls. I will always owe a debt of gratitude.

God bless

• colt45
    edited December 2016
    Options

Bump

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Colt, l I wish my husband could be friends with you and learn from you! Thanks for the positive support.

• colt45
    edited December 2016
    Options

Littleblueflowers,

Blessings of strength and healing to you

• colt45
    edited December 2016
    Options
    KB870,

All strength and healing to you. It's good that you are allowing people to do things for you. Let them pitch in. A lot of times a circle of support needs something to do.

Bless you on your road to recovery.
  • colt45
    edited January 2017
    Options

Bump.

• colt45
    edited February 2017
    Options

Bump

• PatZy
    PatZy Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2017
    Options

You are a rare and lovely person.  All here deserve my prayers/cudos/applause as we warrior on to the next phase.

• colt45
    edited March 2017
    Options

PatZy,

We all wrap our arms around one another here and move forward. It is truly a remarkable group here. Such strength. Such resolve. I am in such awe of it all---the love, the power. Such amazing people. I am so blessed and proud to have made peoples' acquaintance here. Blessings of strength and healing all around

• colt45
    edited March 2017
    Options

Bump.

• kbt
    kbt Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2017
    Options

Colt45,

Thank you for this post. Your words have touched many, even if they haven't commented. Your wife and girls are lucky to have you and others like you out there silently supporting and lifting up their loved ones. Caregivers are so underrated - ((hugs)) to all the caregivers. My husband is the stoic rock, who has been so wonderful up to this point. My sister has been "my person" when he can't be present.

Fortunate to find this tribe of warrior women (and men); in awe of so many who continue to come back and encourage and give advice to us newbies or like you offer kind, loving and caring words. Know you too are cherished. Blessed for finding several bosom buddies here, wish it wasn't under these circumstances. Finding comfort and peace knowing that my family, friends and even strangers are on this journey with me. Hope your wife continues to do well on her journey, hoping she is dancing with NED Winking. Thanks again for being a light in the darkness for those who may not have such a carrying soul by their side.

Blessings to you and yours.

• colt45
    edited March 2017
    Options

All strength and healing to you, Kbt

• Kayla250
    Kayla250 Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2017
    Options

Not quite sure how I missed this post 'til now.

Colt45 - I had tears tonight. I have a wonderful husband, looked after me and gave me my every need with my first diagnosis. I was diagnosed with a recurrence this past week. We won't know the extent until after the next surgery. When we were in the surgeon's office, I looked at my husband and we needed no words, we knew we're in it for the long haul, again. After reading your letter to "us", it was the words I saw in my husband's eyes. And for the first time, since the first diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy, late side effects and now my recurrence, I cried. Thank you, 31/2 long years later, I needed that.

• colt45
    edited March 2017
    Options

Kayla250,

Wishing you strength and blessings as you advance towards recovery. It's comforting to know that you're in good hands with that supportive husband of your's.

• obsolete
    obsolete Member Posts: 333
    edited March 2017
    Options

Bump...... thank you.

• colt45
    edited April 2017
    Options

Bump.

• colt45
    edited April 2017
    Options

SusieM49,

Warmest wishes of healing to you on your journey to recovery.

• colt45
    edited May 2017
    Options

Bump

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited May 2017
    Options

Bumping

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited May 2017
    Options

Wonderful posts by all. Thank you, especially to Colt45. You are one truly special man - We are all blessed, and your wife even more so, for your caring thoughts and uplifting words.

• colt45
    edited May 2017
    Options

Honey Beaw and CeliaC; Warmest thoughts of healing to you. Prayers of strength to you

• colt45
    edited June 2017
    Options

Bump

• HoneyBeaw
    edited June 2017
    Options

Bumping, this is a great post and we need to keep it alive and upfront

• colt45
    edited July 2017
    Options

Bump

• HoneyBeaw
    edited July 2017
    Options

Bumping

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,580
    edited July 2017
    Options

Thanks for the kind words colt. I agree, I see so many under appreciated here, those that set aside their own pain/problems to be there for others in need.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I have the man I always knew I deserved but thought didn't exist, I see it more clearly as we battle this curse together :)