Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Open Letter

Options

Comments

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2013
    Options

You bet. Glad you read it.

Bless you.

• colt45
    edited April 2013
    Options

Bless you to april485 and anyone else I missed.

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754
    edited April 2013
    Options

What an amazing open letter.  Thank you and Blessings for your Wife and Family.

• colt45
    edited April 2013
    Options

@Galsal: Very kind of you. Bless you, too and may you have continued good health.

• colt45
    edited April 2013
    Options

Bump

• DocBabs
    DocBabs Member Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Options

I don't know how I missed this wonderful post but I'm so happy to have found it now. Simply beautiful.

Barbara

• colt45
    edited April 2013
    Options

@DocBabs:

I'm glad you found it. It gets lost sometimes, so I bump it frequently.

Bless you.

• colt45
    edited May 2013
    Options

Bump

• miss-marsha
    miss-marsha Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hey Colt45!

YOU are awesome! Glad to know theres more guys like mine out there! God bless you and your family!

Marsha

• colt45
    edited May 2013
    Options

Bump

• FLJoyce
    FLJoyce Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Options

This is the first time I'm writing and I came across your very touching letter. It is easy for me to see that you love your wife with all your heart.  It really brought tears to my eyes.  It reminded me of my own husband who gave me all the love & support I needed when I went through losing both breasts to Cancer. My surgeries were when I was 54 and 58 years old.  I'm now 75 years old. My husband was always there for me when I needed him most and I was always there for him when he needed me.  I was his Primary Caregiver for 10 years he inspired me when I needed it most, as your wife needs you to do now. If I had to do it all over again ,I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I have so many wonderful memories of him! Helping each other added many years to our lives.  Though  we had hard times, it brought us even closer together,You remind me of my darling husband of blessed memory. Your wife may not realize it but she is really a very lucky woman and so was I that we both were so  lucky in love, but she is very lucky & very blessed.  Very few women ar as lucky as we both are.  I am sure she will survive only to get stronger and help others just as I am doing. It makes me feel like my life is worthwhile. If I can ease one person's fear of the unknown & ease their pain.  Tell her often how much you love her.  You are her best medicine.                                              

• colt45
    edited May 2013
    Options

@FLJoyce: Thank you. You DID just make me feel better. Your husband was a lucky man as am I.

God bless you.

• Michele2013
    Michele2013 Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2013
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited May 2013
    Options

Bump

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited May 2013
    Options

Colt45 ... thanks for bumping up your note.  It meant a lot to me.

hugs,

Bren

• colt45
    edited June 2013
    Options

@Bren & Michele: God bless.

• colt45
    edited June 2013
    Options

Bump.

• Michele2013
    Michele2013 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2013
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited July 2013
    Options

I like to Bump this up frequently. My heart is still with all of you. When I read any of you, I see my wife. She is amazing and is doing well.

God bless all of you beautiful, amazing women. May your recovery be complete.

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited July 2013
    Options

Colt45 - thank you for bumping this again. I read it for the first time the other day and it really touched me. Would you be ok with me sharing this with my support group? Some of the women there would benefit from it greatly!

• colt45
    edited July 2013
    Options

@BayouBabe:

PLEASE DO share it with anyone who could benefit!!!

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited July 2013
    Options

Thank you! Wishing continued healing for you and your wife!

• colt45
    edited July 2013
    Options

@BayouBabe:

God bless you.

• colt45
    edited July 2013
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited August 2013
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited August 2013
    Options

Bump

• RealityCheck
    RealityCheck Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2013
    Options

Colt45, I noticed your replies in another forum earlier, I believe it was "Lost Interest" and I must say Kudos to you for your support of your wife and the other women on this site!

My husband is like you. I saw him cry after I was diagnosed. He took my hand and we walked out of the surgeons office together and he just held on until we got to our vehicle, then he pulled me in and gave me the most amazing hug. Very surprising as my hubby is a very manly man! LOL Cleaning, cooking, laundry, working...he did it all after my Bilaterial Mastectomy surgery. Has gone with me to each and every doctor appointment, has watched the plastic surgeon add saline to my tissue expanders and comforted me when the pressure of skin stretching was difficult at best. Being with me at my first chemotherapy infusion, holding my hand, encouraging me to breathe deep when the I.V. needle was placed in my arm, then my hand 3 times before finding a good vein, encouraging me to drink lots of water to expel the chemo faster out of my body, snuggling with me at night, laughing with me as I run my fingers through my hair and hair falling out, shaving my head as he was the only one I could trust to do it when it was time, helping me out of the shower when I  was too tired to dry off after getting clean, gettting my 8 oz of water with salt and baking soda to rinse with when sores showed up in my mouth, buying me any and all foods that sounded good to me when I didn't feel like eating, buying me the cutest little hat to go with my wig or to wear alone, picking out scarves with me for headwraps, planning our trip to either Baltimore or New Orleans when it's time for nipple tattoos because only Vinnie Myers is allowed to touch my new breasts besides my husband and plastic surgeon, telling me constantly I am the most beautiful woman in the world to him, always have been and always will be.  He tells me I am handling all of this with grace and perserverance, I tell him I'm handling all of this because of him being strong for both of us right now.

He has been there for me, as I have been there for him the last 29 years. Mostly him for me LOL

I cannot express enough to him how much I love him. There just aren't any words but we both know our love for each other and nothing will stop us from conquering whatever comes into our path. We will hold hands and walk through it, around it, over it or under it. Together!

Our secret? Commuication, Touching and telling each other several times a day "I Love You".

• colt45
    edited August 2013
    Options

@RealityCheck:

You are blessed to have your supports in place.

You love your husband like I love my wife. You understand.

Everyone here deserves that love and support. I always think of you ladies as someone's daughter.

I have 2 young, sweet, innocent daughters. There is nothing more beautiful than a daughter.

God bless all of you.

• colt45
    edited August 2013
    Options

Bump

• colt45
    edited August 2013
    Options

Bump