Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Comfort dogs

Options

Comments

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022
    edited September 2013
    Options

He is a very lucky boy

• planetbananas
    planetbananas Member Posts: 109
    edited September 2013
    Options

Thank you Ingrid and gritgirl. We fall more in love with him every day. All of our dogs, present and past have greeted us with happiness when we come home. Pip has a total celebration, leaping, jumping, twirling then bringing us 4 or 5 toys. I've never seen anything like it....it is an instant mood elevator and I think I am going to go somewhere every day just so I can experience it :)

• sciencegal
    sciencegal Member Posts: 546
    edited September 2013
    Options

Oh Pip is SO cute! And there is nothing like that rockstar welcome when we get home, right??

Yay for you.

Ingrid I am so glad you are sticking to your guns and looking for a coco-friendly place. I think WHO we are with is more important than where we are.

GOOD luck!!!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited September 2013
    Options

Oooh!  I think Pip is a perfect name for our Pip.  I love that he brings you some toys.  That just slays me. 

I love you, Pip!  I popped into the thread just to look at his picture again, I confess.  :)

• planetbananas
    edited September 2013
    Options

Awwww thank you bobogirl. Yes, sciencegal there is NOTHING like it!

My friend came over yesterday and I showed her his Halloween costume (I unapologetically dress my dogs for the occasion). Anyway, she posted the video she took of him on Instsagram:

I will have to take my own video of him when I come home :)
  • sciencegal
    edited September 2013
    Options

OMG that costume is awesome!! But Jellybean is saying, "where is MINE?"

Thank you for sharing!!

Toto LOVES dressing up. He feels so important with something on, even a sweater. He literally prances around.

Not sure what he will be for Halloween this year.

We have a new playmate buddy to visit my pups for playdates - Calvin-he is a small terrier of some type (another rescue by my buddy Bill) and has a black patent leather collar with a BIG rhinestome buckle. I think my boys are jealous of that bling!!!

Too cute.

• AryaS
    AryaS Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    Options

My dog usually hangs out by my feet. I came home from having my port removed and she jumped in bed next to me and cuddled right into my arms instead of down by my feet. How do they know when we need extra love?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited September 2013
    Options

AWWWWWW that's so sweet. I don't know how they know, but I love it.

• bobogirl
    edited September 2013
    Options

Ohhhh Arya.  She knows because she's like a person!  She can understand English and read your expression!  I love your dog already.  Give her a kiss from me. XXX

• planetbananas
    edited September 2013
    Options

Awww, they just know! That's awesome.

Yes, sciencegal, JB has forgotten that her bumblebee costume is up in the cabinet waiting for the big day lol

• sciencegal
    edited September 2013
    Options

Haha I want to see the bumblebee costume when Halloween comes. It is getting exciting, with decorations in the stores now!

Happy Sunday everyone.

• planetbananas
    edited September 2013
    Options

Yes it is getting exciting! I will post pics of the spider and bumblebee :)

• sciencegal
    edited September 2013
    Options

Awesome!!!!

Is anyone else trick-or-treating with their pups?

Mine love to wear their costumes when the kids come to the door-fun for all!

:)

• bobogirl
    edited September 2013
    Options

Bobo is too berserk to trick or treat.  He goes crazy with all the kids around, he barks and jumps up in the air, he tries to steal candy bags!

• sciencegal
    edited September 2013
    Options

Oh dear- no stealing chocolate for Bobo!

LOL

My poodogs are mellow. They are coming to work with me today because it is a light meeting day for me, mostly office time. That means 75 people to pet them- oh joy!

Have a good day everyone, I hope you are feeling well. SO glad it is almost the weekend!

• bobogirl
    edited September 2013
    Options

SO jealous, Sciencegal, that your dogs could come with you to work!  If Bobo came with me, it would be pandemonium!

• sciencegal
    edited September 2013
    Options

Haha he sounds pretty hyper. The poodogs are couch potatoes- perfect for me, since I am a computer potato!

• IngridJ
    IngridJ Member Posts: 46
    edited September 2013
    Options

Hi Sciencegal & Bobo

Glad your doggies are all good..

Coco is well too, in need of a haircut.. I, on the other hand am in need of just hair.. A little bit would suffice...

Computer potatoe.. Ha ha..what about phone potatoes?? They are everywhere..!!!! (Think I might be one..)

• bobogirl
    edited September 2013
    Options

Ingrid, let's talk about your plans!  When your hair starts to come roaring back, are you going to make it a color?  Are you going to go outrageous?  My good friend Z is having her hair come in white right now.  I tell her The sky's the limit!

My own hair is black.  The sky is not the limit there.  :)  Thinking of you. XXX

p.s.  Don't cut Coco's hair!  Leave it floppy; it will make her look more naughty!

• IngridJ
    IngridJ Member Posts: 46
    edited September 2013
    Options

Awww thanks Bobogirl..

You are sweet.. Made me smile..

I'm thinking platinum blonde short... It seems to be ash coming in....

And Coco... She is incapable of being naughty.. Long and floppy, short and chic.. She is a just a good dog... Who thinks she is a person..,But I like it when she looks and smells like a poodle..

Thanks xxxooo

• bobogirl
    edited September 2013
    Options

I like the poodle smell too!

Platinum sounds fab.  Like, a hard-edged pixie.  You are going to rock your new haircut!  It will happen before you know it. XXX

• sciencegal
    edited October 2013
    Options

How is it going, comfort dog crew? I miss you guys! Have been too busy to post lately. Toto and Lewie just got their fall haircuts, they are so cute. And Haloween bows on their collars.

Hugs to all.

• planetbananas
    edited October 2013
    Options

the Halloween bows sound so cute! I had my ovaries removed on the 23rd, so I have been laying low and cuddling with the dogs. We are getting another dog at the end of October so I guess I should be thinking about his Halloween costume since I already have the costumes for the other two! we won't be going trick or treating, but we do hand out candy and the kids usually like to see the dogs in their costumes lol

• sciencegal
    edited October 2013
    Options

Oh poor you Planet- I hope you are feeling better! I know your little cuties help. How great that you are getting a third. very cool! another super lucky dog.

We do the same, the dressed up pups greet the kids at the door. I am not sure who loves it more- the dogs, the kids, or us!

We will have a Halloween party the prior saturday at a friends house but it is too crowded to take the dogs. Just humans at that one.

I hope you are feeling better soon! Hugs.

• planetbananas
    edited October 2013
    Options

Thank you for the hugs sciencegal. I'm embarrassed to admit but after having so many surgeries over the last year and a half I am starting to notice I have a nasty habit of feeling really sorry for myself the week after the surgery. Then, I get sick of myself and kick myself in the ass and get back on the treadmill and back into the swing of things. So, I am now on the upswing lol.

I am very excited about the new dog. I think I might have mentioned but we have had three dogs before and I really loved it. It makes things a bit chaotic but it's so much fun. I know what you mean about who has more fun us or the kids! I think I definitely could be having more fun than the kids :)

the Halloween party sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you guys have a good time!

• slickchickie17
    slickchickie17 Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    Options

I've said it before, but it bears repeating-- Thank God For Dogs!!! And all companion pets, really...

Life is so disappointing, I don't believe I would bother trying to live if it wasn't for my sweet Capone. What a beautiful, hairy blessing he is!

• bobogirl
    edited October 2013
    Options

I love you Capone and SlickChickie!

• planetbananas
    edited October 2013
    Options

I just got back from being out of town for 6 days. My husband was home with the dogs and when I got home I couldn't even say hello to him because the dogs were going so crazy jumping on me and licking me. It was really really cute and I missed all of them - dogs and husband greatly. Even though the trip was wonderful there's nothing like coming home and squeezing your dogs!

• sciencegal
    edited October 2013
    Options

Welcome back Planet! Are you getting ready for Halloween?

and Slickchickie- so great to see you writing. I have been busy at work and not checking the posts for a week or so, but I had been wondering if you are okay. I am so glad you have Capone. what a special friend!

Life gets better the further we get away from treatment, it really does. Hang in there okay? There are some of us non-furry friends out here sending you great wishes and hopes for a quicker "new normal". It does certainly suck during treatment and soon after surgery.

We are here if you need us. Come get some California sunshine!!!

BIG hugs

• planetbananas
    edited October 2013
    Options

hi Sciencgal! Yes we are getting ready for Halloween. We just adopted our third rescue yesterday. He is doing great so far, he's really sweet and seems to be fitting in nicely. When I get a minute sometime this week I'll post a picture of him. Now we're up to 3, which is the limit lol

hope everyone and their for babies are all doing great! I have my last surgery scheduled for December 4th, and that's when I'm getting nipples. It really feels strange to be excited about getting nipples. Its just odd, but I am looking forward to it! Other than that my body is just adjusting to not having any ovaries. It was hard at first but now I feel much better.