Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Comfort dogs

Options

Comments

• gonegirl
    gonegirl Member Posts: 1,022
    edited July 2013
    Options

Farmerlucy, thank you so much for your kind offer.

Butch's eye is a tiny bit better. At least it's not worse. Dogs are suck doinkers. They don't care what's wrong, they're just happy.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited July 2013
    Options

You guys just knock me out with your sweetness and kindnesses.  You are truly almost as good as real dogs!

Agree about all of this.  No one need worry about this issue on our thread.  I do believe we will 'have your back' should the need arise.  XXX

• sciencegal
    sciencegal Member Posts: 546
    edited July 2013
    Options

Oh my gosh yes. Gritgirl i am so sorry you have to think about this conundrum. I sure hope you and Butch are both there for one another for a long time. I am glad his eye is doing better!!!

Farmerlucydaisy you are so sweet. Nice to know we have each other's backs. You are right Bobogirl. I would make a roadtrip to adopt an orphaned furkid too- heaven forbid.

I had sent a PM to Slickchickie and she is okay- just recovering at her parents and has no internet. She will be back with us soon. i was so worried.

Hugs to everyone!

• bobogirl
    edited July 2013
    Options

Oooh!  So glad Slickchickie is okay!  Was worried.  So glad she has parents!  That's just wonderful.

So it's official.  I definitely will make the resources for any kind of road trip to pick up any kind of furbaby, should it come to that, and I know many of us on this thread would do the same.  Bobo is scared of some types and colors of dogs.  But I have no doubt that I could get a trainer, if need be, and make it happen.

• sciencegal
    edited July 2013
    Options

Okay that is really funny- what types of dogs scare him?

(You are very sweet under that wild hair and tattoo by the way- LOL)!

• bobogirl
    edited July 2013
    Options

And you are very sweet under that cascade of long luxurious hair!

He is scared of white dogs, because he was attacked by one once.  But he is a white dog himself.

He loves girl dogs.  And smaller dogs.  And dogs with long hair!  He is fearful, and he likes submissive dogs.  Also, he does not believe he is a dog.  When he sees himself in the mirror, he's like, oh, that's a dog.

Loved that story about carrying around the ball of cheese, told it last night at dinner.

• planetbananas
    planetbananas Member Posts: 109
    edited July 2013
    Options

Add me to the road trip list! Even though I am a committed Boston Terrier rescuer I would welcome any of this group's dogs into my home.

Glad to hear Slickchickie is ok, was wondering.

• bobogirl
    edited July 2013
    Options

Okay GG, and Farmer Lucy, and anyone else -- cross this off your list of worries.  And, by the way, F that list!  F worries!

((((HUGS))))

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2013
    Options

You girls are so awesome! Dog lovers rock!

• gonegirl
    edited July 2013
    Options

Appreciate all the offers. My goal is to outlive Butch for sure, but it is nice to have the offers. Butch has helped many fosters adjust.

• IngridJ
    IngridJ Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2013
    Options

Was worried about Slickchickie too, thx Sciencegal!!!

• slickchickie17
    slickchickie17 Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    Options

I'm back in the land of the living & finally have internet again! I just started sleeping in bed again & boy, is Capone happy about that. He was not a fan of me sleeping in the chair! He knows we can't snuggle like normal yet, so he has started snuggling with my feet each morning. Dogs are so silly, you just have to laugh & love them!

• farmerlucy
    edited August 2013
    Options

Yay Slickchickie! So glad you're back and doing well! Gentle hugs to you and Mr. C!

• slickchickie17
    edited August 2013
    Options

Also, thank you everyone for your thoughts & prayers! I checked in as soon as I could, unforseen issues arose involving cable & internet hook up after the move. On another note, I have a mirror that needs to be hung. Who do you think is staring at himself in said mirror right now? Yes, my dog stares at himself. Like he can't believe how beautiful he is. Good grief...

• gonegirl
    edited August 2013
    Options

Slickchickie. Glad you're doing better

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited August 2013
    Options

He IS a beauty, as you are too

• planetbananas
    edited August 2013
    Options

Yay Slickchickie! It's amazing how they just know, isn't it?

• bobogirl
    edited August 2013
    Options

slickchickie!  We missed you!  So glad you are back.

Capone probably doesn't think he's a dog.  He's probably staring and saying to himself, Who is that dog?

• slickchickie17
    edited August 2013
    Options

Bobogirl, I think that is exactly what he is doing! He spent at least 15 minutes staring at himself throughout the day today. No attacking the mirror, no barking, no growling, just admiration for his own reflection. Pretty darn funny!

• IngridJ
    IngridJ Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi Slickchickie!!!!!

Coco is definitely not a dog, when I take her to the vet, I plonk down on the bench and she promptly comes over, gets up and sits there beside me....

Hope Capone survived the separation anxiety...

• sciencegal
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi Slickchickie- SO glad you are back with us!!! Are you doing okay?

If I were Capone I would stare at myself for a long time too- he is a beauty!

Gentle hugs

• slickchickie17
    edited August 2013
    Options

Sciencegal: I am doing ok, having some nerve discomfort in the right underarm area & general soreness where my breasts were. But overall, doing very well, trying to relax & just heal. Counting down the months until I will move out of my parent's house! Not happening until all my surgeries are complete, but hey, gotta have dreams, right? Capone likes it out here in the country anyway, so we'll stay put for now...sigh.

• sciencegal
    edited August 2013
    Options

SO glad you are okay! Those pains do go away slowly, at least they did for me, You will be back to your sparkly self before you know it. The weeks go by so fast.

I am glad you had a soft place to land after surgery, and I bet Capone does love it- room to run and chase field critters.

Please take care of yourself, healing is indeed the number one mission. Your "new normal" will come soon enough!

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013
    Options

😍

My silly min poodle has a favorite ball. So to keep it away from Spookie he puts it on my bed. Last nite I rolled over and thought it felt lumpy ........... Gotta laugh at them!!!!

• slickchickie17
    edited August 2013
    Options

Spookiesmom: I am familiar with the lumpy bed also! When Pony was a puppy, he used to bring 5-6 toys to bed every night! Now he just brings 1 or 2...your dogs sound funny!

Sciencegal: I hope the sparkle returns; right now it looks like it's gone on a permanent vacation! I'm the ugly duckling. You know, so ugly it's almost cute. Except it's not. Lol

• planetbananas
    edited August 2013
    Options

Oh yes, the lumpy bed....I frequently wake up on a large stuffed goose!

Good to hear you are doing well overall Slickchickie :)

• slickchickie17
    edited August 2013
    Options

Planetbananas: I'm so sorry your baby Star has died. These dogs...we love them so much, and in the end our hearts break no matter what. When they leave, part of us goes with them.

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013
    Options

Ah Ha!

I found his purple chicken squeaky toy before I went to bed. That would have been fun at O dark hundred!

• farmerlucy
    edited August 2013
    Options

This is the story of our Lucy beagle and the possum. A few years ago a mama possum had the bright idea to have her babies under our shed in the back yard. One Saturday night we came home to Lucy barking incessantly at something under the couch. I got down on the floor and looked and all I could see were two little eyes staring back at me. Lucy had brought the now teenage possum in the dog door while we were gone! I threw a towel over the critter and put it over the back fence, out of reach of our fearsome huntress.

A few nights later my husband got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water. A few minutes later he came back to the bedroom shaking his head and said, "Lucy is a murderer. She killed a baby possum. I found it in the middle of the den floor and it was already dead so I scooped it up with the dustpan and put it in the trashcan outside. "

Later that day we were in the car running an errand. My husband sort of looked at me and said "what does the term playing possum mean?" We both looked at each other and realized that maybe the possum wasn't dead! As soon as we got home I checked the trash can and sure enough there was the possum gasping for air in the sweltering Oklahoma heat. I picked him up by his tail and put him on the ground. In a matter of seconds he was waddling away, went over the fence, never to be seen again.

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013
    Options

My grand dog found one in the yard and brought it to us. He was soooooooo proud of himself for that. We made him drop it and go inside. Critter left never to return. 😀