Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage 2 Sisters Club

Comments

• jaymeb
    jaymeb Member Posts: 241
    edited January 2018

Cpeachymom

Thanks so much. I try to keep up with the women on the threads I'm on, and if I don't see posts for awhile, just want to make sure all is ok. Didn't know I could find someone by username. Still learning, and it's overwhelming of how many threads there are. Wow!!!! I'm on three now, and lurking on another thread. I hope lurking is ok

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,581
    edited January 2018

Lurking is fine, jay. The cats from 30 years ago were brother and sister. They had long, happy cat lives. When they were very old, we adopted 2 cellmates from the Humane Society, who also lived long, happy cat lives (we also had a couple more strays along the way). Our last cat just died last fall. We are being petless for now because DH and I are both retired and traveling more (we're in Arizona right now, happily out of the North Dakota winter weather).

• WorriedMe77
    WorriedMe77 Member Posts: 93
    edited January 2018

Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾 on your recent engagement!!!

• bravepoint
    bravepoint Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2018

jaymeb - My dogs are doing fine. The weather here in Ottawa has been crazy, bitterly cold then a few days later well above freezing and raining. Everything is very icy right now so tough to walk the dogs and for us too. The local school buses have not been running due to the freezing rain. Be careful in choosing a German Shepherd puppy. They are a lot of dog! I teach dog agility classes and have only had one friendly GSD come through my classes. Most of them are dog aggressive and even people aggressive which is worse. Hopefully, you will do lots of homework on breeders in your area.

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited January 2018

Jay

I’m still dealing with my radiation burns and I’m going to see MO first week of February then I think he will start me on AI. Next week I’m going to do bone scan to get my baseline. How exciting 😂😂

Tpralph congratulation for your daughter wedding must be excited. Yes wedding got so much to prepare and works.

• Hope99
    Hope99 Member Posts: 120
    edited January 2018

Hi ladies, hope you are ok. I want to ask a question I never find answer, my friend want to know about her status. when the doctor see the lymph nodes by the ULTRASOUND to measure the size( neoadjacent chemo) . and she found the thickness around 3.5 mm . is that mean the cancer gone? or macromets or micromets? the size before is around 2 cm when she diagnosed first time. thank you for help.

• jbdayton
    jbdayton Member Posts: 163
    edited January 2018

Hope no one can answer your question. The remaining 3.5mm can be dead cells or possibly active cells. After surgery and final pathology you will get the answer.

I did neo-adjuvant chemo. I had a 2.5cm mass that ended up as 5mm of inactive cells. I had a possible dead micromet in one sentinel lymph node,so I did radiation to zap that area.

Praying for a complete response to chemo.

• opt4life
    opt4life Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2018

Hello al, I can’t believe this month is just about over. Wasn’t it just yesterdaay we were saying Happy New Year.

So my updaate comes with bad news. Indeed my last mammogram, associated MRI and countless ultrasounds showed a less than 1 cm mass and it was confirmed to be cancer. Same pathology as last time without the node involvement. It threw me of course but a lot less fearful since I know the ropes unfortunately.

My plan hasn’t been settled on yet but looks like BMX. They are waiting for some tests, I think oncotype, before deciding on chemo. I remember being so scared of chemo the first time but that’s the least of my worries at this point. My breast surgeon though at this point has all but ruled i tout.

I haven’t told my children just beccause I’d like to have next steps so I can set expectations with them and for them.

Still working and trying to stay active and engaged so I don’t sit at home playing the what-if game...cause that will absolutely will lead me down the wrong path.

Hope all of you are doing well...or as well as you can.

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    edited January 2018

jaymed,  she is the oldest of two and yes will be the first to marry, if she ever gets around to doing the work;  haha.  this weekend we are going to a wedding show, so maybe there will be some movement

opt4life: sorry about your news, what a setback. Glad there isn't any nodal involvement but sucks that you have to go through treatment again and have to have a mastectomy. Did you say you would be having a bilateral?

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615
    edited January 2018

Opt4life, that is what no one wants to hear. I admire you for trying to keep from going to the dark places because it's sure hard not to. I hope they can get it out and set you back to rights. So sorry to hear this.

• Annie-B-7-14
    Annie-B-7-14 Member Posts: 37
    edited January 2018

hi!

The tumor board at Ucla recommended I go ahead with chemo. And my husband agreed.

• Cpeachymom
    Cpeachymom Member Posts: 249
    edited January 2018

opt4life- So sorry. We’re here for you and I think each one of us knows it could be us some day.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2018

Opt, so sorry about your news. Sending a hug your way. Let us know when your plan is in place Heart

• bravepoint
    bravepoint Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2018

opt4life - So sorry to hear that news. It's my biggest fear. You sound like you have your head around though and ready to take it on. We'll all be thinking of you.

• Hope99
    edited January 2018

I'm sorry opt4life about that. as you wrote in your signature, you did aggressive treatments (except mastectomy) pluse statistically your type is less than others in recurrences rate. did you got clear margin in previous surgery? hope you will find out good news. keep post please and I'm sorry again.

• OCDAmy
    OCDAmy Member Posts: 289
    edited January 2018

Opt, so sorry to hear that news. Please let us know the plan as this is a fear I have and I'm sure many others. Stay strong

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited January 2018

Opt, so sorry to hear bad news. As others have said, please keep us posted! Sending gentle hugs!

Octogirl

• Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    edited January 2018

Opt4life, I am so sorry about your news. You have an amazing attitude! Annie, good luck with chemo. Glad a decision was made. It must be a relief to have a plan.

I met my new MO last week. I like him. He's young and is willing to listen and answer questions. What a difference!

• opt4life
    edited January 2018

Thanks ladies. I so appreciate your thoughtful words.

Been a rough week but had a good doctor's visit yesterday. Breast surgeon and MO agree no chemo and moving forward with likely BMX and DIEP. They both worry that my aromasin did not prevent this recurrence. My breast surgeon believes the mass was there all along and was just too small to see--still is on regular imaging.

Looking at at least 4 week recovery...for a person like me who doesn't let grass grow under their feet, that's a long time to rest. Will need to peruse the DIEP thread to help set my expectations.

But first I have to get through the dreaded CT/Bone scan. My last one was in May 2016, right before surgery and I was a nervous wreck until I got the 'all clear'.

Hope you all are having a great week!

• Hope99
    edited January 2018

keep posting Opt4Life .

• Hope99
    edited January 2018

keep posting Opt4Life .

• ruthbru
    edited January 2018

Hang in there, Opt4......Heart

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited January 2018

In your pocket for the scan, Opt4...sending gentle hugs!

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited January 2018

OPT

So sorry you are having to deal with this mess again

Maybe I missed this in thread but how did they find this mass if it so small. What made them do CT and ultra sounds ? Scary that even if it was there with your first cancer that the chemo and Rads did not kill it .Sorry so many questions but you have been through so much, I find it very scary and frustrating that it could have been there all along even with all the treatment you had.

Huggs to you

• jaymeb
    edited January 2018
    Opt4Life

I'm so sorry that another tumor was found, however it's good it was found when the mass is small. I know it's scary, but I'm sure you'll get the best treatment plan. Unfortunately, this could happen at anytime to any of us. I'm also wondering the same thing HoneyBeaw is. When do you have a bone scan?
  • Molly50
    Molly50 Member Posts: 3,008
    edited January 2018

In your pocket, Opt.

• opt4life
    edited January 2018

Hi ladies, second opinion BS appt today. Plastic surgeon appt tomorrow. CT/Bone scan next week.

The lump was found by some ace follow-up by my MO’s Physician Asst. I was on the PALLAS trial previously so they see me regularly for follow-up. PA was feeling me up and thought she felt thickness around a part of the breast where she hadn’t before.

Then the young radiologist who reviewed my mammo thought she saw something light up but couldn't be sure because none of the other pics showed it and neither did two follow-up ultrasounds.

Fast forward to 3 MRI denials (damn insurance companies) and then finally had MRI two weeks ago followed by biopsy and lo and behold a .5 cm lump in the cancer breast but on opposite side of lumpectomy scar.

Now just trying to stay positive and prayerful for all clear scans.

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited January 2018

Opt4Life praying you have a clean bone CT, I agreed with you about insurance, they always watch the bottom and denial MRI and PET scans. MRI would be big help, cut down missing lump before surgery. I’m truly surprised the AC +T chemo didn’t kill the cancer before. Hugs!

• jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    Ladies

Do any of you post on the cats cats cats or dogs forum? I'm lurking through the cats forum, and the pics are sooooo cute. It's so much fun. Thank you Ruthbru for telling me about it. I've seen quite a few of your cats, although I haven't finished looking through the thread. I would love to post pics, not sure how? I'm not kidding when I say I'm horrible with technogy.
  • jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    Oh, ruthbru, how was Arizona? I love that state. Beautiful when we went to the Grand Canyon. I have a friend who goes to Arizona twice a year. Have you ever heard of Jerome Arizona? Also, the caves? Not sure what city those are in. We're having too much cold in NC. Tired of it🙄🙄🙄