Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage 2 Sisters Club

Comments

• jaymeb
    jaymeb Member Posts: 241
    edited February 2018

OptforLife

How are you feeling? Saying a prayer that your scans come back clear. Hang in there

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,581
    edited February 2018

Jay, do you take pictures with your phone and have internet access through your phone? (If the answers are yes, I can walk you through how to do it).

• WorriedMe77
    WorriedMe77 Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2018

imageI post my fur babies on there ☺️☺️ ITS EASY too post just click the little box I circled in picture follow instructions and load pic 🤗

• jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    Ruth and WorriedMe

Thank you for your quick response. Ruth, I have a IPhone 7, and an IPad Air 2. I have tons of kitty pics. Also, I have internet through both devices. I want to tell my cat stories as well. When it is convenient for you, would love the help.
  • jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    WorriedMe

Is yours a computer?
  • jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    Worried

I just looked and saw you're having chemo on the 9th. Did you already have radiation? Also, I see you're a candidate for the onco dx test, geonomic testing if chemo would be beneficial, or not? Did you have the test? Sorry, so many questions. Hope you're doing ok. I'm going on the cats forum now. I'll look for your babies. Your furry friends will help you through your cancer journey. My kitties helped, and still help me get through hard days.🙂🙂
  • jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    WorriedMe

I'm so sorry, I saw you're triple positive, I thought you were Her2-. So, I see why you need chemo. My mistake.
  • ruthbru
    edited February 2018

Jay, this is how I find to be the easiest way to get a picture over here.

*take a picture on your phone. If I have an old 'real' picture......I take a picture of the picture on my phone. You will have a play around with the lighting to get a good copy......direct sunlight is what I find works best.

* Now the picture you want will be in your Gallery on your phone.

* on your phone, log into BCO, go to the thread where you want to post the picture

* find the little box that Worried circled above and click on it

* a page will show up that says 'Insert Image', click on 'Choose File'

* from the choices that show up, click on "My Files"

* then click "Internal storage"

*there will be a choice of things you've stored, what I click on is DCIM, although yours may say something else, I have a Samsong

*I then click 'Camera' and all my pictures show up

* choose a picture, click on the box then to it, click 'done'

* your picture should then pop over to the BCO page, submit

• opt4life
    opt4life Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2018

Hi ladies, scanxiety 2018 CONQUERED....all is clear (right now). Proceeding to BMX and DIEP!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Headed to a PTA meeting then to my local bar. I deserve a couple sips of a martini...ok maybe the whole cocktail glass.

Peace and blessings!

• bravepoint
    bravepoint Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2018

Great news, opt4Life!

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited February 2018

Great news indeed, Opt! You deserve that martini!

Octogirl

• ruthbru
    edited February 2018

Drink two martinis!!

• jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    ruthbru

Haven't stopped since last time I was hers. Thank you so much for the instructions. Seems easy.
  • jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    Opt4Life

Yayyyyyyyyy, so happy for you. How about three martinis?🍸🍸🍸
  • opt4life
    opt4life Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2018

Jay, definitely Yayyyy!.

They gave me copies of my scans yesterday and they are so beautiful and clear that I almost taped them to the refrigerator....don't want to freak out the kids though while they are just trying to get some water or food.

I still got to get this CT angiogram (before the DIEP surgery) to check out the blood vessels in my stomach. Unfortunately I have tin veins and that horse needle they use for thge tracer just won’t fit.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Peace and blessings

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    edited February 2018

opt4life- great news on the scans!  Enjoy your martini (s)!  I too had BMX and DIEP same day and glad i did it together so that i did not need another surgery. 

When do they plan to do your surgery?

• Hope99
    Hope99 Member Posts: 120
    edited February 2018

good news opt. thanks god.

I will take taxotere tomorrow and I'm afraid. see this horrible topic :

https://community.breastcancer.org/topic/6/convers...

please share your experiences with taxotere

• ruthbru
    edited February 2018

Hope, do NOT read anymore. When you know a treatment is something you NEED to do......just do it. I did AC, and there were horror stories about that too. But, it's people who have trouble with any given aspect of treatment who are (naturally) the ones posting about it. The rest get through with manageable, temporary side effects. PLAN that you will be in that group and adjust if you find you need to. If we read the possible terrible side effects of any medication (including aspirin), we wouldn't be able to function at all. Sending a hug your way! Heart

• pink_is_my_colour
    pink_is_my_colour Member Posts: 265
    edited February 2018

Hope: Like Ruth says just do it. It'll be okay, and yes you may get some side effects but it's manageable. I had docetaxel which is the generic version and I did have some side effects but they were manageable. But, they do go away. Our biggest problem is that we worry too much about what could be. Be gentle with yourself. Let us know how you're doing. We're here for you.

• queen_k0302
    queen_k0302 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018

I'm a little worried. I started neratinib, zoladex and exemestan all on 1/26/18.

The problem, I started my menstrual cycle. It is the same as before. I have even TMI ALERT had clotting.

This wasn't covered in my what to do appointment.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2018

I would call and ask.

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited February 2018

Hope, Taxotere was one of my treatments....it was definitely doable. And yes, I lost all my hair, and worried when it came back slowly, but it is all back now, and honestly, nicer than ever: still no grey to speak of (at almost 64) and lots of curls......I did continue working through chemo, and exercised every day even if it was only walking around the block or to the mailbox and back. seriously, try to exercise when you can, it really helps....sending hugs!

Octogirl

• Hope99
    Hope99 Member Posts: 120
    edited February 2018

thanks for responding dears, I had a bad day after Taxotere infusion on previous Monday. now I'm in 5th day and still feel not ok. just I want to ask you if you faced or you know someone faced like this issue: Today I check my right nipple (which tumour is their) and I found a yellow spots on the surface! I'm not sure if there is a little discharge or not. but the yellow spots looks like there is some liquid become dry! it's removable spots. did anyone face something like that during Taxotere or any type of chemo?

remembering that, I did ultrasound before 5 weeks or less to check the respond of my tumour with neoadjance chemo. the report not show something strange. yesterday I feel breast pain all night, specially in the tumour location. .no ideas if there is relation between pain and yellow spots.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2018

Hope, does your clinic have a phone nurse? If so, give her/him a call. If not, call and check it out on Monday.

• jaymeb
    edited February 2018

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and hope all of you had a great Valentine's Day. I'm having my exchange surgery next Monday. Thank god. Sick of this hard boob. I'm also having the right breast lifted to match the left. I've already posted on the "exchange city" forum. I would love any feedback on anyone who had a unilateral mascectomy with reconstruction, and had the other breast lifted. Also any feedback on nipple tattoos? Very scared. Thanks somuch

• ruthbru
    edited February 2018

Jay, I had a lumpectomy so can't answer your questions, but just want to wish you good luck!

• jaymeb
    edited February 2018
    Ruth

Thanks so much. Just hope this goes smooth. I'm getting some feedback on other threads. More surgery ugggghh!!!! Such a fun disease😂😂😂
  • marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181
    edited February 2018

Who is taking aspirin?

From AARP.com today:

Stopping Aspirin Therapy

Who knew? Getting off the aspirin you were taking to help prevent cardiovascular problems can give you a heart attack. According to a major study of more than 600,000 adults published in the medical journal Circulation last year, those who stopped taking low-dose aspirin daily were 37 percent more likely to have a heart attack or stroke than those who continued popping their daily pill. For all of the study participants, the risk spiked as soon as patients discontinued aspirin and didn't lessen over time. And for those with previous cardiovascular disease, the risk of getting off aspirin was described as "perilous."

• ruthbru
    edited February 2018

Well, I just won't stop then!

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    edited February 2018

Nor me Ruth. Asa forever. Also there is a study right now looking at the possibility of it helping prevent recurrence