Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

cracking up from Andreas amazing talking Vagina. That was greatness bobo. Lmao

Appoints are all jacked up now. Thorencentesis can only be done 9am. My mri was for 8:45. The next thing they have available is wednesday. Have NP weds morning and RO (to go over MRI) that afternoon. Now all I have left to change is the RO appt. geez.

Been in bed all day. My side hurts so bad in any other position. It's not so great laying down either but tolerable. Hate this.

Sorry you are hurting glennie. Hopefully it's for the greater good in the long run.

Yes m, we can all imagine the circle you traveled in during the 70s. We've seen Behind the Music. We know what was going on on those tour buses. It was all peer pressure I'm sure. Please tell me that you've never met bill Cosby.

Drat! The page changed. Now I can't cheat and look back at the posts to see what I am forgetting. Grrr

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited December 2014

Ava's Santa picture. 2012. She was staring intently at a cookie. image

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

DP. That really sucks that they cannot accommodate you better on these dn appt's.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2014

I need a coffee IV. So tired but won't get a break until Tuesday. JS!

Scan clear. They agreed to access port for each scan. Have to see mo every 2 months but scan every 4 months. Very strange conversation.

MO "So what do you like to be called?"

Me. Nickname.

MO "You've healed up nice from surgery"

Me. Thanks?

Didn't ask me about why had brain MRI, why I said my hip hurt, why I needed my port accessed. DH thinks he got new how to talk to patient training. I think he forgot who I am.

Congrats bobo on date change.

DP in the bag for tomorrow. Can you call before you leave hospital to see if MRI cancellation?

Nope I never did MJ either.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

no eye mask for mri. There is a mirror thingy on the mask where you can see outside of the machine. I am good at keeping my eyes closed. I am claustrophobic and always afraid of losing it during a scan. If I keep my eyes shut the whole time it isn't so bad. The first time I had an MRI it was for three different areas so it was very long. The lady made me get up and walk in between two of them even though I said I was ok. That place also had a fan that blew into the machine and that made it so much better to have air circulating.

Don't worry Andrea, your not missing out on much. I only tried it twice and wasn't very happy either time. Couldn't wait for it to be over. Lol

I don't think the pill gives you anything but the munchie effect. The wonders of science.

• lbrewer
    lbrewer Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2014

can you share the name of the LE dr in Orlando ?

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

whoa I guess we were all posting at once. Yay for clear scans but what a bizarre interaction. Did he ever call you your nickname? See what I mean about changing drs? I swear they are all too busy to keep us straight.

Omg Ava!! That is so stinkin precious. I don't think Toby would cooperate for pictures. Reggie would.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

I don't think they can keep us straight either. BS:  I thought you were going to have reconstruction.   Nope, not me,, maybe some other patient.  

Glad you liked the pic, DP.  I'm trying to remember where I put the actual photo!

lbrewer:  The LE doctor is Dr. Margarita Correa-Perez.  she has offices in Orlando and Clermont.  I haven't been to see her yet.  Still debating if it is worth a 2 hour drive. Let me know if you go to see her.  Feel free to PM me if you want.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2014

Bobo, you are crazy!!! Lol. No my VJJ has not smoked MJ....she doesnt get out much without me.

M: note to self: avoid Bangkok!

Since we are talking exes I have to share.

Background: married 16 years, two kids together. I put him through xray school. He decided one day he would rather drive long haul than be an xray manager. So he quit a great job and went trucking for his parents trucking co. He would come home to visit once a month for a few hours. Then out of the blue he left us. Turns out He had a female trucking partner that both he and his parents didn't feel I needed to know about. He just took off and didn't let his kids or my attorney know his where abouts.

It took me two years to get a divorce. His parents "laid him off" so it looked like he didn't earn enough to pay child support.

My girls didn't see their dad for about ten years. By this time he was with his third woman whom he married. I didn't speak badly of him to my girls. But they were old enough o figure things out themselves.

Now to the story: I was at our grandsons first birthday party when I saw him for the first time since the divorce proceedings 12 years earlier.

I don't like to make anyone feel uncomfortable, so when K and his wife showed up I introduced myself to his wife and welcomed her to Canada. (They lived in New Zealand at the time)I said hello to K. And that was it. I spent the next two hours mingling with friends and family at the party, and barely noticed K or his wife. If our eyes met I simply smiled and looked away. I thought everything went well personally.

Then they left. My DD told me when they got outside the wife said "See K, that wasn't so bad"

He replied that he felt my eyes boring into the back of his head for the whole party. His wife told him to get over himself. My daughters wedding was the next weekend...he never spoke or acknowledge me again.

Sorry if that put anyone to sleep. Hey DP you can read it again if you can't fall asleep...it should do the trick.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

awwwwwwwAva looks so sweet!!!!!!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

what he was feeling was his guilty concience Andrea. Glad his wife told him to get over himself.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

He was definitely feeling guilty!!  That's for sure. And he has such "nice" parents too. Damn! Really crappy.

Thanks, Spooks.

• Chloesmom
    Chloesmom Member Posts: 626
    edited December 2014

Willbe joing your club next week. Surgery 12/12. BMX with no reconstruction.

So glad to find this forum to feel confident with my choice!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited December 2014

Chloe's mom, hello. You might want to pop over to 'New and future flat sister, with questions.' That thread is for sisters who have mx with no recon (for the most part).

This thread is getting more and more disgusting! Go over to the more polite thread and we will see you there.

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

I reply to myself. M, your life in the 70s was like the hallucinations Joanna Lumley has on AbFab. Whoops -- she's a fluffer for the stones. Whoops -- she is really a man! Whoops -- they went to heaven and Marianne Faithful is actually God!

In the bag for tomorrow, DP. Isn't there anything they can do about the appts? I am anxious to hear what happens to the gelee. I hope it will drain perfectly and give you lots of good relief.

I have very limited experience with MJ as well -- and it was well over 30 years ago! Yikes. Sounds like we need to meet somewhere central and hotbox it. Hmmm. Colorado? We have friends who just moved there. I hear you shouldn't eat any of the ingestibles -- there's no controlling the dosages.

So the wedding is getting moved up, maybe -- they said marriage in FL after 5 January. Could that be true? If so, we will have party here. I wonder who can come? Spookie? Glennie? I think my friend Special K who lives in Tampa? All are welcome, certainly. I just need to decide what kind of cake to have.

Meantime, in a frenzy of prep since sx is moved up. Yikes! Must do all grading, submit grades, house organizing stuff, finish homemade Christmas presents! Yikes!

• AndreaJ50
    edited December 2014

Good news Zills!

DP in the bag for tomorrow.

Ava looks adorable!

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Ava does look adorable. Oh, she is so cute!

DP, I don't want to sit near Andrea's vagina in the bag. She is going to make my vagina feel fat and hairy in comparison. Please arrange the seating accordingly.

Oh, and are you holding?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

Sure, I'd love to come!!!!! Now if Ms Pam keeps her nose and that blonde hair out of people's lives! What a bi$ch

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

Wedding!!!   WOOT!!!!  YES!!!    **excited**  Where is the gift registry??? 

Everyone come down to FL for the wedding, I have 2 sleeper sofas.

I have experience with MJ but not in years.  Smoking too hard on poor asthmatic lungs. 1 toke, cough for 30 mins. Not worth it.  Never tried any ingestibles.

Quota may be more of a bit*ch than I thought.  Order volume was down last month, thus everyone's numbers down to. I was at 76,,, above 74,, but just barely.  Sucks. Did much better the month before.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

Ava says thank you for all the compliments.

In the bag, too, DP!!  I can sit between Andrea and Bobo.   My VJJ is hairy and doesn't care at all about fashion. She is an old hippie that way.

• AndreaJ50
    edited December 2014

Well then I just might leave it at home then.

Thank you Glennie for your offer, actually both offers.

I would love to go to a wedding (still not clear on whose wedding it is ). My V can be my plus 1, right?

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

You can't leave your VJJ home alone, silly.  Think of all the mischief she could get into without you. 

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2014

Spookie! Yours is my first Christmas card of the season.. thank you! I love the card too, it put a big smile on my face.

I always get stressed out when I see I've missed numerous pages in the thread. I'll read through them and then go to reply and forget half of what I read or what I wanted to say... blame age, blame chemo, I dunno. But I always worry that I'm leaving ppl out while replying.. so I'm not even going to worry about that.. I'm just going to say that I loved the ex stories and I have tried and disliked MJ.

I haven't read the other thread, so I'm not sure if she has dropped by, but we've been cleaning out my grandmother's house and she has a lot of old things, and I remembered Vintagegal had a shop and even though she's in the next state, maybe she'd be interested in poking around. I went to her Facebook page and saw a post that said her cancer had returned and it was aggressive and she is going through chemo :( I'm going to send her a message on Facebook.. that made me so sad to hear.

We had a surprisingly drama free Thanksgiving, which was plenty to be thankful for. Our Christmas tree is up and I find myself just staring at it for long periods of time lol. Almost all my shopping is done.. online of course. Not this weekend, but next weekend, I'll get to wrapping and sending out cards and throw myself into the xmas madness. My girlfriend usually comes over and we make a night of wrapping, eating crap and catching up on Gray's Anatomy.

I've been shopping for cell phones, which is beyond overwhelming and I refuse to pay $500.00 for a phone... but I've been without one for I think close to a year and while it's been nice in a lot of ways, it's also extremely annoying at times, so enough is enough. Joe is sick of having to deal with my mother lol and besides, I've missed Bobo's texts they always made me laugh :)

Anybody here watch Sons of Anarchy? Next week is the finale which is depressing :(

That's all I've got for now! XOXO

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2014

It appears Andrea's VJ is quite famous in these parts... hmmm ;)

In the bag for DP too and love love love the pic of Ava and Santa! What did she tell him she wanted for xmas (besides the cookie she's staring intently at lol!)

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

i love wrapping.  I wished I lived near you,, I would help you wrap. 

Ava asked Santa for a stocking full of cookies. She loves to eat. The neighbors buy treats for her. She is so spoiled.

Had my phone for 4 years now,,, hate the thought of looking for a new one,, plus I love my keyboard for texting so I dont really want a new one.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

idesim I do the same thing with te tree! I find sometimes that I have just been sitting an staring at it. Mesmerized by to lights I guess. I still have not done cards or any wrapping or figured out who I have left to shop for or put the star on. Oh well

Bobo are you calling us disgusting? Gasp! Maybe that's what appealed to her. Lol.

Thank glennie for separating the kukas. I was worrying about having to carry an extra bag for Andreas. Can we name it already? Would make things easier.

Doubled up on hydrocodone earlier. Bet I could sleep for at least an hour. Check in later.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited December 2014

Just back after the party, it was fun, I ate heaps, just to be sociable, you know! We had a good turnout and everyone seemed to enjoy.

Ava is so cute, I love that pic!

So now we have to keep Andrea's VJJ away from Bobo in the bag!

Andrea, your ex had one big, guilty conscience! His loss, but I feel for your kids, these men are so stupid.

DP, I was never claustrophobic, till the operator kept asking me if I was, before my first MRI. He must have asked me 6 times, which made me think it was going to be awful. I was in so much pain from the neck injury I sustained from a Chiropractor that I could not stay still. They suddenly pulled me out really fast and shoved a big needle of Valium into me and shoved me back in, it was awful but I was so stoned I think I passed out, the other MRI's I have had since, haven't been much better.

I want to come to the wedding!

Hello Chloesmom, so sorry you have had to join us at BCO, but there are quite a number of us preferring to not reconstruct. There is a lot of info now on the non reconstruction threads, some decide to o Flat and Fabulous, there is a Facebook page by that name and there is Breastfree.org which is a site started and maintained by one of our members and she has lots of information and photos, if you feel the need to see what the surgical outcomes can be. All the very best for your surgery. Let us know how you get on!

How true Bobo, AbFab is what the 70's were like! bahahah No, never met Bill Cosby, why Bill? Do you think I have a thing for Bills in generaly? I t consumed Hash Cookies occasionally., but II never touched any of it again, after deciding to start my family, couldn't be that irresponsible, or paranoid, with a baby.

Kathy, yay! for the clear scan, what is that Dicktor doing? That's weird how his conversation has changed, but I guess your DH could be right!

Off for a massage now, be back later. M x

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

M:  you haven't heard the news about Bill Cosby?  He has multiple accusations of drugging and raping women going back over decades. It is big news here. So we are glad you never met him.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

Glennie, Our shelter is doing pics with Santa as a fund raiser for the vet bill fund for the next 2 Saturdays. They're doing it at the pet store where we have cats, so perhaps we'll get a lot of new people. I would love to have one with my cats and Santa. Squeakers would go for it, but Goldie would be traumatized.

And for whoever asked, yes it is legal here and I have an extra bedroom. Only one bathroom, however, and you have to like cats.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

so many of the women say bill Cosby handed them a pill and said take this, so they did. Yes glad m never met him!

Well I got a few hours out of those pills. Need to get back to sleep though. Have to be up early for hospital.