Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited December 2014

I have the relaxation apps on my ipad with sounds of waterfalls, storms, chimes, even cat purring.. like I said before think it will have to be the baseball batShocked

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

I didn't say it was a good weekend but that it was the best in a long time. Lol. I think I would say it was good though, in the new reality that I live in anyway. I nearly never have an all good day. Have to take what I can get. I'm also so used to living with pain now that it has just become kind of secondary. Anyhow, I spoke too soon because I got so sick feeling a couple hours ago. Dummy me took three laxative pills. I'll never do that again. I've taken two before with no effect, so I thought I would just take care of business. Big mistake. I know you have all been pushing the stool softener but I vowed after my last sx to never take those again. They only made things worse. Enough about that.

I think you have the right idea m. Get with the neighbors. Safety in numbers. Do you have animal control there? We can call and report nuisance dogs here. Especially if they are showing aggression.

Bobo a cheap idea for a mini escape is being a tourist in your own town. I did some things a few years ago like that and it was really fun. You can get the chamber of commerce or tourist bereau to send you brochures.

Going to try to sleep away this sick feeling. See you ladies in the morning.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited December 2014

Spookiesmom I love that! How funny!

ndgirl, The only time I had trouble sleeping was on a plane and I learned a meditation that is kind of what you're talking about, Spookiesmom. You focus on "OM" but in your forehead between your eyes, not as a sound, that you make, but a vibration, like a hum. It would knock me out, every time.

I used to have to go to the US for a meeting or a training session and sometimes I'd have to return the following day, it was terrible if I couldn't sleep. It could easily take 20+ hours, with the connections, to get there and then the meeting may only be a few hours, but trying to stay awake was a real challenge.

Those sleep meds scare me too, too many scary stories about how people were affected. One of Colin's carers lost her Husband, while he was taking them. He got up, in the middle of the night, went out in his underwear and drove their Mercedes Sports car at high speed and passed away in a ditch, when he lost control of the car.

Glennie, I am going to look for something like that, it will help with the Plovers and the Magpies too, I guess. I will have to get Dex some ear muffs! I feel better now knowing that there are other neighbors who feel the same. We are not a gossipy lot, so unless you actually go and ask the question and put it put there. they don't talk about each other. I think it will get sorted now.

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Yep DP, we have animal control and local rangers, but I would hate to go that far, without talking first. If they continue, once the fences are up, then it's open slather, as far as I am concerned. I will report them. Everyone else is very mindful of their dogs and not annoying anyone, holy shit, I even pay for doggie daycare for Dex, if both of us have to go out, because I don't want anyone to be disturbed if Dex is shouting at people going past our house. lol

Uh oh, DP 3x laxative, maybe not a great idea, how about Prunes, can you eat them? Not today, mind you! LOL Good for your bones as well! I hope you feel better after a sleep. M x

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Meant to say, that's a great idea for Bobo, DP. I picked up a booklet today which is all the stuff on around here during the Christmas break. I hadn't heard of most of it and I thought I knew the place. I am going to keep this book for Bec to choose what she'd like to do, there is all kinds of great stuff!

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

lol m. No prunes today. That is what I normally do and extra fiber cereal. However I had forgotten that I needed to eat them over the last couple days. Last time I took these it worked fine but looking in the package, I guess I only took two then. Feeling a bit better now.

What a tragic story about the sleep meds. I really think ambien should not be legal. Everyone has an ambien story.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited December 2014

Excellent advice about day trips! Except St Augustine, G, that is where our princess had her first seizure while I was holding her in my arms. I will not go there again. In fact, that was our last weekend away.

DP, maybe you just don't eat enough to keep the pooping going? You say it's really hard to eat. You know, I think I saw a thread here all about keeping the pooping going. I know that when I take pain meds I have to work really hard at it (and I am not always successful).

Poor crazed doggie. Poor Dex. And, PRB, poor goat!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

it's time to make some new good memories bobo.

There probably is something to that poop theory but surely if you eat at all eventually there should be poop. But perhaps when there isn't that much food eaten, you only need ONE laxative pill.

Speaking of goats.... Am I the only one that is amused by the screaming goats? That one on the Sprint commercial makes me smile every time. Then there are the poor fainting goats. Poor little guys make me smile too. I think goats in general just make me happy.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

Screaming goats

The second one is the sprint commercial guy. Also if you haven't heard the Taylor swift song with goat sounds, you are totally missing out.

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

You are not alone. I have a special fondness for goats. I love how they are always in a bad mood, it makes me laugh. I love how a goat will 'butt' you if he is irritated. I wish I could do something similar.

Seriously need to get up, dress, go to parking office, then office hours, then three classes, then physical therapy. Do not want to do any of those things. DP, what about those yogic pieces of advice? Get up, drink a cup of hot water with 1/2 a lemon squeezed in (and honey, if you want). That will get things going. And then you can have coffee, if you want (not yogic). Drink eight glasses of water (or warm tea) a day. And can you do smoothies? Bananas, milk, protein powder, vanilla extract? You could throw a couple of prunes or figs or dates into the smoothie.

Banana nutmeg milk: One-half banana, two cups milk, pinch nutmeg. Whiz in blender, then warm slowly. You could add a lump of butter as you warm it. I love this. XXX

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited December 2014

Well, I missed a lot by going to bed early.

DP:  I hope you are feeling better. I agree about the prunes.  Prune juice seems to be especially effective. Former MIL used to swear by coffee.  That seemed to always get her moving.

Bobo: naturally I would mention the place that has a bad memory for you. I will try again. Cedar Key?  Palatka when they have the azalea festival in Feb? (think it is Feb)  High Springs has cute antique shops and O'Leno State Park to wander in. Silver Springs?  Daytona Beach for a weekend?

M:  glad the neighbors are in agreement. There is power in numbers.  I wish my neighbors would complain to the offending parties instead of to me.  I pick up!!  Why are you complaining to me about them?? Like I can force them to do it cuz I do it?  I only wish.  You are good neighbor.  So thoughtful, you don't even want Dex to bark a little while you are gone for fear of disturbing neighbors. I would move next door to you and little Dex's barking would not disturb me.  I just have to smuggle Ava into the country.

**waving to everyone**

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

mount Dora is a fun place to day trip too

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

What's in Mount Dora?  I've never been there.

• ndgirl
    edited December 2014

Thanks for the nice snowflake Andrea, looks nice on my tree! you are so creative!

• ndgirl
    edited December 2014

oops, hit the button too soon, Sorry about St. Augustine Bobo, I just loved it when we were there, would love to return, but sure dont blame you with a horrible experience like that... poor little princess!! We all love her and boy too.

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

Bunch of fun little shops, restaurants and ice cream. Some kind of train ride for kids. Fairly pet friendly I think, haven't been for a few years. Seemed to be a fair bunch of antique shops on the outskirts

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings house in Cross Creek,, It's a state park, I think,, down just past Micanopy, which also has fun antique shops.

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

St A made me nutso. For each "historical" building like the jail or something, they charged $5-6. No. That stuff should be free, and I won't go back for that reason. Thought food was overpriced too

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

DP..... Is this what really happened?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

I got one of those tapes to help me sleep. The one that actually worked was the train. With my eyes closed I could feel the movement as well. The ocean waves didn't work at all because in the middle there were some gull sounds. I would snap awake thinking - what are gulls doing in the middle of the night?

Glennie, I've seen signs in people's yards asking owners to pick up the poop. I'm not sure where they're getting them.

DH is a little jealous that I'm getting Christmas cards addressed only to me. Ha!

This is a busy week. Volunteered selling quilt raffle tickets yesterday at the neighborhood center winterfest. I'm bummed I didn't win; it was a lovely quilt. Today I'm the afternoon receptionist at the senior center, filling in for someone undergoing treatment for cancer and listening to the voicemail for the shelter. If people call about a cat we have listed, I return the call and screen them. Wednesday is my regular gig at the senior center and I have a PT appt on Thurs. Somewhere in there I have cards to do and a tree to put up.

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Ha! DH is jealous! Well, he could probably not stomach participation in this potty-mouthed thread, Birdie. You are a hero of the animals.

Love you too ND girl! I want to walk to Canada with you.

Excellent day-trip suggestions. Day trips are nightmarish with two eight-year-olds. It's all about feeding them feeding them feeding them. But I will get back on the horse after sx.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

lol spooks. Not what happened with the couch but I used to have that happen with shoes ALL THE TIME.

Nicotine is actually a great diuretic but that ship has sailed. Sunsweet prunes don't taste bad but prune juice is nasty!

Did some online Xmas shopping today. Some on groupon. A thought for your mini vaca bobo. Check out groupon. They had a lot of state park and cabin rental kid of stuff for good prices. Or even fun little excursions like plane and boat rides and things. I think in going to get bond a classic muscle car driving excursion. There are all sorts of things in there that are cool but who would think of them.

Back later

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2014

DP. When do you start back?

Bobo is Friday?

I take magnesium at night. Helps with leg cramps and constipation. Those stool softeners were murder during chemo.

Prunes not too bad. Never tried the juice. Baby food comes mixed with apples. Made prune cookies once instead of dates by mistake. Maybe a new bisquick recipe?

Need an easy something for potluck at last! Livestrong on wed. Only three of us showed up today.

Need to sleep. BG still up in the night. Teacher suggested she might need to pee? I think it's because she's cold (footed pjs on backwards now) or can't breathe (Vicks) or habit.

She pooped on the potty twice on Saturday. Asked a third time but didn't believe her. Wrong! Thought it was a stall tactic. Asked tonight when we got home and went. Need to get more ice cream!

Part for washer to arrive tomorrow. "Someone" sent us a trampoline.

Cards and wrapping still left. One present and one gift card to chase down plus some stocking stuffers. Hope to make cookies this weekend or next week.

Love my cards and snowflake. Got a homemade one last year too. No too alike and perfect on my tree. Wish I was crafty.

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2014

Prune juice is the grossest thing ever.. much better to eat the prunes.

I would be interested in learning more of potential Disney trips, only ever went once about 14 years ago and didn't see everything I wanted to... not so sure I have the energy for that anymore.. I was wiped back then after a day there.

In third place is the gorgeous Ms. Ava, thank you Glennie for the lovely picture!!

I hope nobody was offended by my suggesting the T word.. it's not a word I am familiar with and didn't realize it was viewed similar to the C word!! I hate the C word!

DP, glad you found a new couch, but am upset to hear about the pain in your side.. that sounds so uncomfortable and I hope to hell you find out what is causing it.

M, I'm in the bag for Colin's procedure.

Nothing much happening here... work, eat & sleep, repeat. I usually get a bit down and out around March, but I think it's come early this year... trying to force myself to get into Christmas, but just can't seem to do it.

Saw this in the funny thread and it brought a smile to my face.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

that is such a lovely poem idesim. I think you would be hard pressed to offend any of us here. As bobo will point out, we are disgusting. Lol.

So bg is the girl who didn't cry poop. Speaking of poop- as we often are- have you guys seen poo-pourri? I'm sure you have bobo. It is a very clever product but my gosh I get tired of the presentation for it. If you haven't seen it, it is an essential oil product that you spray in your toilet before you poop. It traps all the stinky under the oil layer on the water. I'm not sure I ever get to plan that far ahead any more. Z maybe bg would like that as an incentive to go. She seems to be doing pretty good though. Potluck essentials: 9 bean soup or mexi corn dip. Both are always a hit and so easy to make. Start back chemo next Monday. Lots to accomplish between now and then.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

I guess the new couch is oookaaaayy

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

What a sweet dog. Love his soft ears.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

ahhh, he likes the new couch now.  YAY!

work over,, good night everyone.  

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

great poem!  Glad you like Ava's picture.  We are not offended,,, we all have potty mouths,,, hard to offend us.  I say the F word frequently.  

• ndgirl
    edited December 2014

Oh I love that picture,, sweetie!

Bobo, a little chilly for a walk to Canada right now, but you can all come up next summer!