Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited December 2014

Poor lion.

Heart thumping at that adorable picture of BG! Z, your floor looks so clean!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited December 2014

I still have a landline too.  I just hate the telemarketers calling, but I do not wish to get rid of it.  I live alone,, and I know if I pick up the landline and dial 911, they know exactly where I am. You can't do that so easily with a cell.

BG is ADORABLE!!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2014

Brown floors hide dirt. They are pergo and stay shiny. I would be embarrassed and ashamed to tell you when I last mopped. Did sweep yesterday before baking cookies.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited December 2014

Yikes to the mountain lion. Beautiful creature, but scary as all get out.

BG is adorable!!! Love the rainboots. I bought DD a cute pair when she was little. I loved them, but she never wanted to wear them. I think she wore them once.

I have a Shark vacuum also. Poor man's Dyson. It really works great and is very light. I had an old Eureka that was so heavy. Lifting it up and down the stairs was getting hard to do, so I bought the Shark this summer. I have already managed to trap the cord and burn some of the rubber off. I don't think I have ever had a vacuum that I didn't do that to. Sometimes I'm just lazy and refuse to move the cord!

I also have a landline. I dunno.. I like the security of knowing I always have a phone no matter what. Last year DD was sleeping over at a friend's house 20 minutes away. We had that massive ice storm and power was out virtually everywhere in the morning. I couldn't get a hold of her friend's parents because their house phone was over the internet, and the only cell phone they had was dead. The dad eventually walked to a friends house to call me.

Still in the 40's here today. Loving it. Might snow over night, but won't last. Snow Snow Stay Away ..until Christmas Eve of course.

DP - have you tried Ensure or even Cream of Wheat? I hate that you aren't getting any nutrition, and that stuff is easy on your digestive system. I hate being cold too (I am cold all the time).. when I simply cannot get warm, I get under a blanket and turn my heating pad on. I know that most people don't even own one, but I couldn't live without mine. I use it for all aches and pains...and staying warm.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2014

BG is rotten and stubborn and fearless. "Me do it" is our latest. I hope she grows up to be strong and independent. I think it's more than just the terrible twos. The boots are usually on the wrong feet.

Thank you.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

BG is our fearless warrior princess!!     Go BG!!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

PRB, I did that too for these ice blocks formerly known as feet. Put the heat pad on bottom of bed, then wrapped ice blocks. But that didn't help the rest of me. So now I sleep on top of a heated throw, cover with another blanket. I don't have central heat, air. Heat isn't on often, I'm always colder than him. I do what it takes.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited December 2014

Awwww BG, you look so gorgeous! That's quite an outfit!

Wow Z, that's no small kitty!

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

Z that's a big cat! I'm surprised! We do have coyotes around here, I worry about Spookie and Kris.

Got a giggle for you all. DH has been acting waaaaay to Grinch-like. As of last Fri we didn't have a tree. The grands came over, #1 is 9, #2 is 7. Nana, where's your tree? Ask PopPop. He says I dunno.

#2 says, how am I going to get my truck if there isn't a tree?

#1 says they will hide it like Easter and you'll have to find it.

Kids.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

electric blanket.. Which is more problematic now that I have hot flashes,,,,,  can never seem to get my temperature right.

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

A pet, really?

I use a heat pad too, have never been able to ice anything. Having trouble with burning hot feet at the moment, always happens to me in the Summer here, I sleep with my feet out of the bed and uncovered.

Will you please stop posting so I can get out of here, every time I make a move there is another post to read! LOL

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

I don't understand HOW I can HF and still have frozen feet? I just kick the top blanket off till it stops, recover up to my ears, keep sawing

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Smart kids Spookiesmom! Santa will always find a way! I am really going this time....M x

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

M try anything with menthol in it for the hot feet. I use BioFreeze or Ocean Potion in the summer for hot feet

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Cold issues! At the hospital this time they had an excellent blower. It blew warm air under my blanket post-op. Thank you, excellent blower!

Our princess is rotten and stubborn and fearless as well, and I swear those two look like twins to me. And I also don't believe it's the twos for BG. She is for real.

When our princess was her age, her catchphrase was NOT LIKE THAT!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2014

Oh Zils, thank you for posting that... omg she is precious. Loved it! Sad and scary about the lion... imagine looking up in a tree and seeing that.

PRB, I've ruined every cord of every vacuum I've ever had that way.... all my cords are duct taped haha.

Wow lots of landlines, I'm surprised.... I can't really talk seeing as I don't even have a cell phone still... just have DH's.. good point about emergencies.

Well, since chemo, I'm hot, cold, hot, cold.. it's so annoying. M, I have the same problem with the feet.. I always sleep with my feet out of the covers, even now in the winter.. forget about summer, they get swollen and they are burning up all the time. My primary docs once told me it was varicose veins, but I don't know about that.. I've had the problem since my 20's but gets worse as I get older. I bought these bootie things you put in the freezer and they've been fantastic.

I can't believe christmas is next week.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

I laughed out loud at that catchphrase  !!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

Another land line here. I think they're outsourcing telemarketers to India or Pakistan. I had a call today wanting to clean my heating ducts and could barely understand the person. I used my sweet voice and said we've already had that done. They are annoying, but what an awful job to have to do.

Andrea, We vacationed on Vancouver Island, so I know what you mean about the cougars. Frightening because they attack children. We have them here in the mountains. We have coyotes in town. One ended up in the Federal Building elevator downtown a few years ago. Chased by crows.

I'm cold all the time too. I emailed my doctor to see if she had checked my hematocrit. Answer was no, but cold could be caused by other things and I should make an appt for this week. Not gonna. If I'm still cold after Christmas, I'll make an appt. I have an electric blanket. We turn it up to high an hour or so before going to bed and turn it down some during the night.

Zills, BG is adorable. Just love all the colors and patterns they wear now. That's the kind of hair I had, actually still have. I finally decided to just say I like whatever it wants to do since nothing I do to it matters.

Wishes for warm and painless. Posting before I'm told the site is too busy and come back later.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

wow look at the paws on that guy. Scary indeed. Look at our previous BG. That outfit is as fabulous as I imagined.

Don't do ensure because of chemo PRB. Too many good nutrients in it. Lol. My main worry has been protein. I never get enough as is but lately it is non existent. I try to eat a handful of nuts when I think of it. Need to get some more yogurt. I always forget to eat my prunes too. Z is right the individual wrapped ones are the best. They are actually almost tasty. I think a serving of those is only three but they are large. Think they are Sunsweet brand.

Was drooling over the awesome bag on Shawn's gift show tonight. I resisted. Heaven knows what I need a fabulous $300 handbag for when I only leave the house once a week to go to a drs office. Not even carrying any of the 10 in my closet that fit that description right now. Opting for a knock off from an estate sale that was $2.50. However... An hour later I did splurge and treat myself to the One Time Only Price phone and credit card wallet. It was a good price and I think Santa wants to put it in my stocking. Bond hasn't quite caught on to santas style of filling stockings at my house.

I think I need I larger fentanyl dose. Still having to take 10 of hydro every 6 or 7 hours. And that doesn't make pain go away just makes tolerable.

I can't sleep with elec blanket. Get hot at night. But my feet stay like ice all winter. Even with socks on. Bond got me this plush foot warmer thing for my birthday. It looks like a big dog paw and has a USB powered little heater in it. It's odd but works. It's funny because both feet go into the one pocket so then you are like a mermaid. Used it first time today.

Fell asleep on couch for at least an hour earlier. I will never her to sleep tonight. Glad dr appt not until the afternoon. Good night ladies

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2014

Holy crap!!! That is one bloody big lion!! I hate that there arw things higber up on the food chain than us! Of course that is the good thing about cougars, they wont attack you if they arent hungry. Unless you run.

Switching gears: BG is adorable!! I think she's stylin'.

We have a landline too. Yep, five phones in the house, count em 5....and not a single one to be found when the phone rings!!!

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Hey DP! I love that you got yourself a TSV. I was up last night a lot and I almost fired up the computer to write to you.

You have to teach Santa what to put in the stocking! XXX

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited December 2014

I just love the pic of BG! And I want her on My side! Good independent spirit! Also our princess too!

Zills, that is a big kitty! There is some spottings of them a few miles west of us in the Tutle Mountains, which of course are not mountains because there are no mountains in ND, they attack and kill cattle, sheep, horses whatever when they get hungry, have never seen one , they do have a hunt to control them once in awhile. We knew ranchers that lost several of their horses to them.

DP, I forget to eat the prunes too. Hope you get those meds up where you don't have pain. Glennie is a wealth of info, so glad she is here to help you and all of us.

I sure can relate to freezing and cooking, my thermostat is bonkers! Will the hot flashes ever end!

Hello to all, think of each of you daily .

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

Good morning all. I managed to not sleep on my left side last night, so left arm was not feeling swollen and numb. YAY! Course it took a Percocet to get me to sleep. Trade-offs. Still can't manage to sleep on back.  Neck and right arm only a little wonky so far.

DP:  You are on the lowest dose of the fentanyl patch. You can go up. DId you start on Monday?  Usually they give it 3 days before they up the dose.  Keep track of the hydrocodone and let them know. If pain is only tolerable with the hydrocodone extras,,, then they need to go up.  We want you comfortable.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

Well I did her to sleep last night. For one hour. Then I was awake from 1:30 to 4:00. I should have followed my own advice about getting up and doing when I feel good. I felt pretty darn good while I was trying to lay quietly watching law and order svu and not wake bond up. I really considered getting up to vacuum or wrap presents. But sometimes it feels good to be in bed when your not in misery darn it! Anyhow finally forced myself to sleep from about 4/30 to 7:30. Now my back is in knots. Slept hard and staid in one place for too Long I guess. Took more hydro now but this is my normal whatever has been wrong with my back for two years spine thing. I saw a groupon for a chiro a couple days ago. Seriously considered it but with my luck they would probably snap my spine or something. A wretched colleague I was had used a group on for lash extensions and all her lashes fell out. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person but a lesson in choosing wisely what to get on the cheap and when to go ahead and pay the extra bucks.

Bobo! Bless your heart. I'm so sorry you are in pain. Why didn't that fucktard set up a home health person to change your bandages and check on you?? Maybe you could let Glennie help you with the rest of bandages today? I think those feelings are from hitting your pain threshold. That happened to me once after my bmx and once after lung sx. Nearly passed out and had the sweats. Literally could not stand the feeling of the tape being pulled off my skin. Take deep breaths and please let someone else do the looking and changing. It's too early for you to be doing it. I know you are superwoman and have done this half a dozen times already but you said yourself that this one is the most brutal. Don't expect too much of yourself. Sorry if I'm lecturing but it breaks my heart that you are suffering. And I don't want to hear about how much worse off I am. That makes your situation no less shitful. I know how shitful it is to be in pain like that. Ok lecture over :-)

This slow typing is driving me insane. Have to come back later to catch up.

• OvercomingOne
    OvercomingOne Member Posts: 160
    edited December 2014

Hey Yall 

Been too long since I was on here!!  Just a busy season!!!  I have a land line too.  Not sure exactly what we are talking about cuz I don't have much time today to catch up.  Hot on these anticancer meds.  My doc wants to start me on lower cholesterol meds and I don't want to take them.  I guess I have high cholesterol.  I had a heart cath before gallbladder out and my vessels are clean.  I have enough med side effects.  What do you all think???  I think they cause Alzheimers by lowering yuor cholesterol.  your brain is  made out of cholesterol.  I need all of it I can get.  lol. 

I am very much looking forward to January when it is cold, not busy, hot drink and throw.  The hush of the new year after all the parties.  love it!! 

More later,

O2

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2014

in the bag dp

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Me too! In the bag, DP! XXX

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2014

Make room in the bag for me please!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

I'll be there too.

• glennie19
    edited December 2014

In the bag too!  

DP:  you don't want to go to just any chiro,,, you must have recommendations. Some are way better than others.  M will not want you to go at all.