Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited December 2014

Spookie, you always tell the weather!

Idesim, yes, I feel for the angels. Your New Year's sounds fab. I think my brother is going to ruin mine. He's going to take away the nephews. Or keep me dangling. Don't know how to get out of that.

Hi DP! Yes, I saw Isaac! No Shawnie Sue. But I didn't mind the presenter. He said, 'You are not a model.' She said, 'I am. I'm a size-14 model.' That made me laugh!

DP, I am glad you are getting stuff done. That is an excellent feeling, or it can be. I am more like Z. I clean and clean and it doesn't look that much different.

Right now what I'm going to clean is... myself. Kids have camp for four days and I am going to try to get work done in prep for the semester. I feel guilty because our princess does not want to go. XXX

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Spookie, you always tell the weather!

Idesim, yes, I feel for the angels. Your New Year's sounds fab. I think my brother is going to ruin mine. He's going to take away the nephews. Or keep me dangling. Don't know how to get out of that.

Hi DP! Yes, I saw Isaac! No Shawnie Sue. But I didn't mind the presenter. He said, 'You are not a model.' She said, 'I am. I'm a size-14 model.' That made me laugh!

DP, I am glad you are getting stuff done. That is an excellent feeling, or it can be. I am more like Z. I clean and clean and it doesn't look that much different.

Right now what I'm going to clean is... myself. Kids have camp for four days and I am going to try to get work done in prep for the semester. I feel guilty because our princess does not want to go. XXX

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

Spookie, I agree. Since when did every holiday require special decorations? I think a valentine's card and perhaps a red candle on the table should do it. I'm going to use my coupon to get 2 yards of clear plastic to cover my tablecloth. My family hasn't been cleared for plain cloth. I can't tell you how many tablecloths were ruined on their first use.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

I saw a Peony arrangement in a catalogue I got a few days ago. They won't grow here, had them up north. DH tried. Silly things, they need winter to bloom.Reasonable price on it, but wanted to see if I could do better. JoAnns had singles for 5.99, with 40% off then I'd need a container. Poo. I'll just order it.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited December 2014

Haha Spooliesmom, I thought I was looking at a 24hr clock, Duh, good score though with the new table. The New Year stuff here isn't really boozy, people may have a glass of wine outside their house, but they have kids with them too, it is a family thing, not at all nasty.

ldesim and Glennie, you know you'd be welcome!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited December 2014

imageA little puppy love tonight! Hope everyone has a cozy evening! S

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Which Angels are you girls talking about?

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

Bobo got new Jammie's, and didn't tell!!!!!!

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

I did! My jammies are totes amazog, but I have not been able to wash them yet, and it has been laundry city at my house. M -- I do not know which angels yet.

S -- puppies! Who is the bigger one? Love that there are puppy toys everywhere -- someone must have been very good this year :)

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Awww missed the sleeping pups! Too cute!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited December 2014

Puppies!!  Adorable!!

• SC60
    edited December 2014

The big girl is my daughter's dog, Ryan. She is a rescue that she got when DD was 16. DD just gave me "permission" to post Ryan's photo. DD doesn't even have a facebook account! Not your typical 21 year old. Lol Ryan has not allowed the puppy to cozy up to her-until tonight. And that is as close as she would let her! Lol Yes, there are a bunch of puppy/dog toys! Ryan doesn't chew or shred her toys, so they last forever and new ones were added

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited December 2014

yay!  we got to see Ryan!  they look very cute together.  We will need more pics of the puppy growing up.

Work is over in 10 mins and I am out of here.   Will do my best to check in while on vacation with my little Ipod. If not,, I'll see you all in a week!

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

M

I think they mean the Angels this damn disease took

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Ahh, I thought it may have been that thread, Spookiesmom, but then I thought there may be another "Angels" page, that I hadn't seen. Thanks for that, I guess ldesim may have seen that Moira, from New Zealand passed away this month.

Glennie, you have a ball, we will look forward too hearing all about it, but will understand if you can't post! M x

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2014

Yes, I did see about Moira.. I get so pissed off every time there is another angel.

Awww the sleeping dogs are adorable!! Thanks for posting that sgc.

I dread going into the stores and seeing the Valentines stuff up... can they just give it a break? Not my favorite holiday either.

I'm loving that Spookie is tattling on Bobogirl.. that's too cute :)

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2014

Glennie, have a great break: you deserve it!

If i win the lottery I will pay for airfare for all of us to go see M. Guess I should start buying tickets then.

DP what treasures did you find at the thrift store??

Spookie....I want those temps here. It is 7 F here today and getting colder tomorrow.

I am having a sleepover at my parents. Just me!!! Loving it!! Might never go home!!

ND how cold is it where you live?

Dogs are adorable!

Bobo, what kind of art work does DLLP like to do?

Goodnight ladies!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited December 2014

Have a safe trip Glennie!!!

Andrea, don't you mean to go live with M? :)

7 degrees... ewwwwww!

Sweet dreams everybody.

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

I am buying Lottery Tickets too and I plan to buy tickets for everyone to come to Oz!

Ooooh Andrea, what I wouldn't give, for one more sleepover with my parents! Have a wonderful time!

We don't even acknowledge Valentines, silly reason to have to buy stuff. I prefer to buy stuff for my Honey, whenever I feel like it!

Bobo, so you still don't have New Years locked in with the Nephews, I hope your Brother gets his act together and makes a decision.

Speaking of ruining tablecloths, I am the worst! I have my Mother's Irish Linen, but I know I will drop something on them, so I never use them. I use place mats with matching napkins, these days and that's it. M x

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

glennie that sounds like much fun. I hope you have a blast. New Years sounds wonderful m. I have not even left the house or had company on about three years. I've gotten so boring in my old age. Apparently i missed a bunch I posts today. Must reply in batches and I will still forget something.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

glad you for permission to post puppy pics. Precious!!

Oh I'm jealous spookie. I'm iver the cold already and I usually love it. It was in 30s here today which may as well be below zero for us. Ha. Think it gets to 50s tomorrow then drops back way down for at least a week. Blah. I want yard sale weather. Bond and I talked about converted two wasted space areas I the house today. One into a jhuge closet and one into a studio/workspace for me. We've talked about both for two years at least. But I say do it now. Carpe diem. Be happiest now and not wait for who knows what I am always waiting for.ist stay on top of him now. Hoping we can get a good price on getting it done instead of him doing it himself. Which he could do BUT it would take much longer and it's always so much more work than expected. He's tired enough all the time as it is.

Thrift store wasn't too great today. Sunday used to be a half price day but I guess it moved to Monday.ihhy go back for a couple things in the morning. Got a couple pillows for the new couch. Some books to repurpose. Couple cool kitchen cabinet organizer pieces. Love those can holder roller things. Been obsessed with organizing the kitchen cans for months now. Miss my favorite thrift stores in Dallas. Miss being able to drive there on a whim if I wanted. Need to go to old house and get mannequin and clothes racks, so I can get this load of clothes odd my bed and on eBay. Of course I also need to get the tons of all my other possessions from there and sell them too. But that is still quite overwhelming. I really hope this starting to feel better is genuine and not just the steroids talking. I would just be thrilled to become a functioning real person again.

Avoiding the after Xmas sales still. Being the shopper I am, I was always the queen of Xmas clearance. But I had a hard enough time buying 90% off wrapping paper last year. Planning that far ahead. Just can't think about it too much this year.

Konked out at 9:30 tonight. Been wide awake now since 2.30am. Feel fine now. Won't be so fun later. Chemo show starts at 12:30 today.

Bobo that TSV was pricey. Did you end up with anything? I went a little crazy on amazon today buying closet and drawer organizers. Can't wait for my ugly Clark's to her here. My feet have been so sore. Didn't have time to pedi today. We will have to mark time on our calendars. I love the emjoi m. It had great reviews too. Here lately there have been tv commercials for 2 or 3 different ones. And they are a bit less expensive. Was the WTF that hurts an epilator? I was about to her one just before my dx. Glad i didn't waste the money. I wouldn't be able to use it with the LE. If you ever need a laugh, look on YouTube at epilator tutorials and reviews. It's loaded with these European teenagers mostly using them for te first time. Their faces are priceless.

Now I've rambled on and surely forgotten the other things I wanted to respond to. Drat. Might take down the tree today. Or tomorrow. Bond seemed suprised when I asked him to bring in box. Really Ready to get house back but maybe he would like it better if up til New Years. I have always hated that sad cold look trees have on January 2nd.

Ok I guess I should stop my babbling now. Hope eveyone is getting lota of rest and having fun. And if your back at work today, yuck!

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

oh btw, WTF keepa happenimh to the airplanes???

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2014

So happy to hear you're feeling good DP. Crazy about the planes. Maybe I wont fly home next week....I better just stay here ....I wish!

In the bag for chemo today!

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

In the bag, DP!

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited December 2014

Glad to hear you're 'almost normal' DP! Good luck today.

• SC60
    edited December 2014

I'm the bag today, DP.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited December 2014

Hello all, I am so thrilled!! Got the mail for the past 2-3 weeks and just loving all the cards you lovelies sent! Wren, you are so talented! I have your other snow picture one too, love it. OMG Zills and Bobo, such beautiful children, could just squeeze them in one big hug!! Zills, you are absolutely beautiful!! with such a sweet smile! I also wish Bobo and DLLP had been included in their picture!! Thanks so much everyone.

DP, in the bag for chemo today... wishing the best. Saw on news where it is chilly in TX. stay warm.

Glennie, have a great vacation! I havent forgotten your request, just been gone for awhile.

Scg, love the puppy pics, and thrilled that the pup is helping dh... can only hope it continues.

Idesim, I love the snow too and like the slower pace that winter brings our area, but I do want to pack the suitcase and move in with Ariom too, just might have to give up the love of winter huh? or maybe fly back for a quick visit and crunch the snow... sorry Ariom! but I agree with Idesim, love the crunch of walking in snow.

Ariom the New Years sounds fun, hope you and Bec have a blast, it is going by too quickly.

Andrea, oh how I would love to spend a night with my parents too! Enjoy. So you want to know how cold it is here??..ready?? this morning it is -21 degrees actual but they always add a wind chill factor in and that is -39! brrr. Spookie are you freaking out yet? Sun is shining bright but it is a typical winter day, later this week it is to be around +20 so that will be a heatwave for us. You dont have to be crazy to live here but it sure helps!!

I sent cards to GrammB and Gramwe and they havent been returned yet, so hoping they are all ok.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited December 2014

I forgot to say I have been plagued by GERD, or at least I think, wow that hurts, does anyone know if arimidex could cause it? or maybe I just had too much coffee in the past weeks, I am afraid to eat anything, seems like everything hurts going down. Any help from you gals, I am going to get some prilosic this afternoon but I know that doesnt work quickly... felt like I was having a heart attack but knew I wasnt.

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2014

hmmm are you getting reflux in your throat? Could be the coffee, too much food, stress......

I like Gaviscon over Prilosec. The pills can deplete your bones over time, and arimadex doesn't need any help with that.

Try the BRAT diet too for a few days.

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Poor ND! I am glad you loved the cards. I bet our Glennie will weigh in on your GERD. She is actual pharmacist. I find that after this last sx I cannot think of words easily... am I brain damaged? It took me some time to think of 'pharmacist.'

In the bag DP, and waiting for an update! Sending you hugs. {{{DP}}}