Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited December 2014

ndgirl, so sorry you have gerd,it is a right pain in the ass. I have it, along with a sliding hiatus hernia. I take Nexium and that pretty much keeps it under control. I can't live without Quickeze chewable antacids for the breakthrough times. This shitful thing also stirs up my asthma at times. Mine was definitely started by medications for the Arthritis like the steroids and the anti inflammatories that I took every day. I wouldn't be surprised if it is caused from your meds too. Glennie will have more suggestions, that's what works for me. I know Z has it too.

DP, how did today go? Feeling OK?

Bobo, I bet it is the anesthetic. I always find I am searching for words after an anesthetic, feels like I have cotton wool stuffed in my brain! It gets better!

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

BRAT diet Spookiesmom?

I don't understand how these planes go missing either, I was watching a documentary the other day and now there is a growing interest in alien involvement, in all kinds of tragedies and how UFO's were seen in the areas days before some of the tragedies have happened over the past few years. I wasn't really watching, but the gist was, that the aliens are trying to help out...hmmmm, not really feeling it!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited December 2014

I was in the bag DP. I promise. Had to sneak the boy in too but he was quiet watching movies.

Gaviscon is da bomb for acid. But it's yucky. I keep alka seltzer chewables on hand. Especially if I've had onions and peppers. Like last nights shrimp and grits. Swear by homemade ginger tea or sleepy time tea. Good hot or cold. Heard a raw apple helps. Lord knows I tried everything.

BRAT diet is bananas, rice, apple(sauce), toast. Good after upset digestive systems. We usually sub ramen noodles for the rice. Eggs if they sound good.

House still a wreck. DH broke a piece on his truck. I drive to Ohio to get it. Have errands and lunch plans tomorrow. Boy has his "art" projects everywhere. Big cardboard boxes and wrapping paper rolls.

BG has a bad yeast infection on entire diaper area front and back. Poor baby. Pull-ups don't help. Wonder what will happen if I send her in panties tomorrow. More laundry for me.

Hope DP checks in soon. Safe travels everyone.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

Bananas

Rice

Applesauce

Toast

Very bland, supposed to be good for GI issues.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited December 2014

ND I have been taking Omeprazole every morning for the past year :works like a charm.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2014

Any traditions for New Years? M's got the best sounding party. Nd that's cold!

We usually have hoppin john (black eyed peas and rice). Had good luck soup last night. Yum. May switch to it.

http://www.homesicktexan.com/2007/12/good-fortune-...

Kids picked out pink and blue party hats. Thinking about cheese and cracker tray and grapes. DH really liked Brie at Christmas. May try it in croute. And maybe some chocolate chip cookies.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited December 2014

We are getting the nephews from 6 - 10, Z! No overnight. Don't ask. We're having make your own pizza, then waffle ice cream sundaes. I have coconut mocha maca chip ice cream for mine. And we are having a par-tay!

New year's day I'm making a pasta with shrimp and roasted garlic and lemon (and a veg option for me and our princess), salad, brown bread with vegan cream cheese spreads, and ice cream with homemade raspberry sauce poured over. And garlic bread. I wish I could have your peas and rice, it sounds so good. We have a split of champagne, but just for the toast. I don't really like champagne.

Will I be able to stay up until midnight? That is the question. Funny. Our princess has butt rash as well (on butt side)! XXX

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Thanks for that BRAT break down, I can get reflux from drinking water, so never know what will cause mine.

Doing that stirring happy dance thing, what is that called? For you having the nephews for a few hours Bobo. Your Par-Tay sounds fab, I would love to be there. I am wondering if ours will happen, we are getting gale force winds and huge storms, so may not happen. Your menu for New Year's Day sounds wonderful too. I haven't thought that far ahead yet. You will manage to stay up, have a little snoozie during the day, if you can.

Zills, I just love the names of the things you have! I have never heard of Hopin John. Sounds like a long way, from KY to Ohio, you're a good woman! Poor BG, she's not having a good run is she, yeast infection has got to be uncomfortable. Got any canesten cream?

Going for afternoon tea at my friend's place this afternoon, she has her Mother here, from a Nursing Home in Melbourne for a couple of weeks. Bec and I doing craft stuff in the studio, she is making cards and I am still making sun catchers, for the local stores. Looks like rain again and it is pretty cool. Catch you all later....M x

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited December 2014

hello from Charleston. I'm pooped. Long day. Instant relief from GERD. I like Tums. You may prefer different antacid but Tums has calcium too. Works for me. Pepcid works faster than Prilosec. Hope you feel better.

Can't keep eyes open. So will read all later. I got thru a couple posts and I'm losing the battle. Waving to all. Free wifi! iPod working. All is well. Hope it stops raining

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2014

Ohio and Kentucky are mostly separated by the Ohio river, which actually starts in Pittsburg Pa. It eventually joins the Mississippi river. Here's one for you Z. Did you know Ky owns the river from all of the Ky side to about 12 feet from the Ohio side?All those damn dams belongto the Ky Corps of Engineers.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited December 2014

We always have Hoppin John for New Year's. First year we were in Seattle, I had to go to an African-American neighborhood to find okra. Now we know to get it early. That soup sounds really good. I love collards too.

I was taking omeprazole and found out it interferes with absorbing calcium. Now I'm taking ranitidine with the omeprazole for break thru. It doesn't work quite as well, but I have Tums.

• AndreaJ50
    edited December 2014

Oh, that's why I have Ranitidine! I found a bottle and had no memory of why i got it. Oh well, Omep works for me luckily. But I wasnt told about the calcium thing

-4F here (feels like -16). I wonder what the science is behind that. Someone looks at the thermometer and says "Hmmm, -4....feels more like -16 to me".

Anyway, it's cold!!!

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Haha Andrea, I don't understand the logic or the science either. It is a fairly new thing here, it's 27c but it feels like 31c, in who's opinion? I always laugh and say that that person, is having a Hot Flash or something.

I took ranitadine for quite a while, but I had too much breakthrough with it.

Hi Glennie, in Charleston, waving and hoping you have a lovely time!

Going to the supermarket to buy things for tomorrow night and Bec is making Bulgogi, for dinner tonight. Wind is out of control here, rescue boat has been out today. Catch you later...M x

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited December 2014

poor BG. Let her have panties. And plenty of baby powder. Just gets me thinking of my least Favoeite word... Moist. Ugh. Z so you have to also install said car part to make repair? It would not surprise me!

I am just awake from my konk out. I was wiped out after a long day. But it felt good. Didn't really want to her up this morning nit it was a comfy cozy laziness not a sick one. Anyhow, that put us a but behind in thrifting trip. Then we must have been in there forever. LOTS of great finds this time. Spent a little over &100 between is both and got curtain sets, duvets, giant frames painting, 9x11 area rug, lamp, glass shade, lots of deco items. Some things for my fledgling etsy store. By the time we got all that paid and loaded in the back of her truck and back to my housemaid unlocked, it was ten minutes after my appt time. Hehe. It's all good though because they give a window for labs before dr appt time. Still made is feel rushy though. Arrives for labs right on time for dr appt. amazingly, has immediate blood drawback on my port. I have not been able to her blood on over a mont. I have known it is related to my blood pressure being so low. Decidwd from now on I will be doing some physical activity just beforehand. Didn't have to wait long for MO. No new news. She won't compare my tumor markers until first say of next cycle. Two weeks. Says labored breathing and pain due to fluid. Can have drained whenever I said I want to wait an wile on hopes that chemo will stop it from filling so fast. No news from insurance I have to call on the morning to a case worker I'm quite sure it is sitting on somwones vacation desk. It never takes this long to get a yay or neh. After chemo had to go to Aldi. It is next door to thrift store but remember our hurry. Shopped more than I meant to but gma wanted to make salmon croquettes or as a southern lady such as her self calls sal-men patties. Anyhow it was odd cuz I saw the salmon yesterday and thought of making them. I have not has any in a good 20 years. To her house from there. Unload storage junk she has been hauling around in truck. Drive 20 minutes to pick up desk I found. Come back and inload. Gma cooks dinnee. Bond was going to bring over and unload his Explorer. Which is where I frantically unloaded the thrift store haul. He was too tired to want to eat dinner there so I told him to not even worry about it and has gma drop me home after dinner. Whew!! Sorry. What a book but that was my day. And guess what. I did it all in full makeup and high heels. Granted they were only 3 inch chunky boot heels but hey.thats a step in the right direction.

Omg look how long. Better post before losing. This slow typing thing wears me out. I have a hard enough time with typing and autocorrect.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

are y'all talking about wind chill factor? We always hear about it. Also heat index and humidity levels that "make it feel like"

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Probably that's what it is, but no one ever clarified it before!

What a day DP, you've done more than I have and in makeup and high heels, woo hoo to you!. I hope the Grands are loving what you're buying.

I want to slap someone up the side of the head, for leaving your paperwork in their goddam in tray, over the Holidays. Dickheads!

Bec and I just bought one of everything, at the Supermarket and as we passed the Spam aisle, I told her all about your win, again! She reminded me that I had sent her the link to the TV interview you did and had kept her appraised of the judging process and the trip to Hawaii, she said she knew how proud I was, of you! Awwww

Dinner is nearly ready, all done by Bec...catch you later..M x

• AndreaJ50
    edited December 2014

Yay for DP and her amazing day! Raises imaginary glass of wine (something bubbly and sweet)to toast to "Many more good days ahead".

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2014

Must have bulgogi recipe please. Sounds delish.

No I didn't install the part. Watched kids and ordered pizza!

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Z, that sounds so good. Pizza comes to your house? Not allowed to have that!

DP, you are a Superwoman! Amazing! I cannot believe you did all that, and in makeup and heels! You are a wonder. What did Gma make for dinner last night? You wore Bond out!

Watching Isaac right now while I get stuff done. Getting ready to leave the house for yoga, shop, other errands. Really don't want to leave the house at all!

M, so nice of Bec to make you dinner! XXX

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

I don't guess bec made spam for dinner? Lol. Yeeees mooom? You already told me about the spam. Hehe. Glad y'all are having a good time together. Hope new years doesn't get washed out.

Glad you are not also auto mechanic z. How is BG rash? Boy feeling better? He has activities today too doesn't he? Or was that yesterday. I can't keep up with supermom.

Saw Isaac on last night when I was crashing bobo and thought of you. Didn't put it on. Was afraid I would buy something. Been on one of those spending kicks lately. Have to get behaved again.

Still in bed. Boy was my back sore this mornkng. Having bad chest pain now. Think this is from the chemo. Seems like it happens once a week. Took two hydro even though I've been proud of me for being off them. No choice, the pain is just awful. Wish it would hurry up and kick in. Don't think I'll go to gmas today. Will take it easy and try to wrap up my cleaning projects here. Hope everyone has a good day

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

hope you've managed to slow time down a little Andrea. Maybe the invisible wine will help!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2014

No delivery in the country. Errands today. Oil change, payroll, bank, post office. Tried to clean but everything is magnified 10x. Really tired today.

Swept bedroom 10 min ago. Came in to get laundry. Clumps of hair on floor. Washed new duvets and covers last night. Went to put in dryer and not spinned dry.

Going to lay down and try again later. BG very restless last night. Every time I switched positions she cried for me. Would snore, then stop. Rash better. Sent her in panties anyway. Very low numbers. Home rest of week.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

about panties. What size are they z? I saw the sweetest panties the other day and thought of her and wanted to get them but didn't know if they would fit on her booty or her head. Though either one would have been precious. Ha

• bobogirl
    edited December 2014

Z, what numbers are low? Why is everything magnified 10x? Why clumps of hair on floor? Your hair? Worried (or else just disoriented). Hope you are having a nap. XXX

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Bobo, Me too about Z, what was that about?

No, DP no spam! LOL No she wasn't exasperated, just said "yeah, yeah, you told me about that, yep, Mum, I know that!" LOL

Shi, I am sorry you're in that pain again. I sure hope that it is the chemo kicking that shit!

Z, I will get Bec to do the Bulgogi recipe for you when she gets up.

Weather looking ok right now, but don't know about tonight. Will check yacht club weather later today.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2014

BG in a 2t. Not even 30 lbs. only had two accidents at school! Friend swears by cornstarch or corn flour for all bottom issues. Who knew?

Not my hair. Dog hair. Arghh! Sorry for the confusion.

Dryer on third time to get sheets dry. My bedclothes in washer and only have one set!

DH had tire blow out so delay in getting home. May have time to clean up more. Just want to pull the covers over my head. Skipping Zumba. Ear bugging me.

Kids in tub so need to get busy while I can. Definitely taking Xanax tonight. DH can deal with BG.

Grocery shopping with kids tomorrow.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited December 2014

daycare numbers low so they could deal with accidents. A lot of teachers kids go there. But she's out for rest of week.

• Ariom
    edited December 2014

Z, the cornstarch is great and is used for any perspiration issues too. I had a container of cornstarch with a couple of drops of essential oils and I used a fluffy brush for under my arms after the surgery when I couldn't use deodorant. Baby powder has been slammed as possibly carcinogenic, so companies are now using cornstarch instead.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

I assumed dog hair. It's funny the conclusions we jump to sometimes. Like bobo stuffing a goat, hehe. That would be hairy too.

A terrible thing happened today. I signed up for Zulily. If I was still working/leaving the house on the daily, it would be an even bigger disaster. Luckily I have been able to keep that in mind and maintain a modicum of control. I did have to get just a few things though. The clothes are gorgeous and priced well. So many pretty dresses and boots and jewelry and bags. oh my. You could seriously scroll through all day long and never get to the end. It's crazy. I resisted the most gorgeous high heel dress boots for $25 because I know I have no use. But gosh they were wonderful. drool.

• DeliriumPie
    edited December 2014

RESISTED