Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited March 2014

With you all the way DP, we all have your back here! Best of luck

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited March 2014

MAKE ROOM IN Your pocket for me and my big fat head!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited March 2014

I wore a shirt with funny pockets today so y'all could hang out in style. Lol

• grammaB
    grammaB Member Posts: 1,118
    edited March 2014

With you on Tuesday, I missed today because I am really behind in my reading. Love the pocket shirt!! Try to rest and relax this weekend...I know easier said than done!!  Sending you hugs and healing energy.

• ndgirl
    edited March 2014

Think you need a bigger pocket DP, you have a big load of friends here all pulling for you. Cute picture!!

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited March 2014

I am there! love the picture! Hugs to you! M x

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463
    edited March 2014

That is a great shirt.  When my son was about 3, he had a shirt with one big pocket on it.  We live in the woods and one day when I was hanging up laundry, (yep still hang laundry)   he toddled around picking up things and putting them in there. When he came back, I asked him what he what putting in there. He said "acorns".   "Oh, that's nice" I said. Let me see!  I opened the bulgy pocket and looked in.

He had carefully picked up "acorn sized" pieces of dog poop!

Ugh! Poor kid lost his favorite pocket shirt that day!  Lol! 

• DeliriumPie
    edited March 2014

oh no bluebird!  What a precious story though. My shirt has two pockets at the bottom so there is more room for everyone.  I found a tread climber at an estate sale today. Excited because I've been wanting one for a long time and I think I got a good deal. The sale made me kind of sad though because it was obviously a younger person and I found a get well card from her mom laying out. Took me a little while to process it and tell bf that I guess she didn't get well. Looking forward to starting to use the TC. I am wondering if I shouldn't start before my sx though. Maybe shouldn't put too much stress on my lungs? Or even get my blood moving too much, if the bad stuff is in there?  I don't know. More stand still I guess. 

• sooz-e
    sooz-e Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2014

I'm just a lurker around here, but wanted to jump in and let you know I'll be praying for you tomorrow (and the doctors and nurses and techs and the anesthesiologist and anyone else who may be a part of your surgery).

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited March 2014

In the bag for tomorrow.

• DeliriumPie
    edited March 2014

thanks guys. Yes please pray that the surgeon doesn't sneeze ;-)   I have so many things to do tonight. Not much time to think about being scared yet. 

• sooz-e
    edited March 2014

Thinking about you today Sheila and praying all goes well.

• Ariom
    edited March 2014

Thinking about you to Sheila, gentle hugs hoping you are all done, and tucked up in bed, feeling  good. M x

• DeliriumPie
    edited March 2014

they said I would have I stay until my drain was removed. Now I understand. O m g. It's not like the drains I had. That is my only pain now aside from the artery IV. But wow it is the worst pain ever! Made it through though and he says he got both of them. Good night ladies. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited March 2014

they said I would have I stay until my drain was removed. Now I understand. O m g. It's not like the drains I had. That is my only pain now aside from the artery IV. But wow it is the worst pain ever! Made it through though and he says he got both of them. Good night ladies. 

• Ariom
    edited March 2014

Sheila, I've been checking to see if you had posted, I am so glad you're all done with the surgery, they are both gone and you have reported in. I am sorry you're having so much pain from the drain and the Iv. I hope they are both gone soon and you can go home to your own bed.  Take care, try to sleep it away!

• ndgirl
    edited March 2014

Sheila, just got home and first thing I did was check to see if you had a post, sorry you now have pain, hoping that will pass soon, get some good sleep and begin to heal. Good night. Gentle hugs sent your way.

• DeliriumPie
    edited March 2014

thanks ladies. Feeling a little less dopey now. Now getting this cath out is on the top of my list too!  Lol. My gosh I still can't get over this drain it's the size of a garden hose and made of hard plastic. Feels like it poking out my back. Sleep not going so well but I've been through all the channels now and found they have qvc. Ha!!

• Ariom
    edited March 2014

Sheila, you're  amazing! QVC.....start shopping! Enjoy yourself, and I hope you get that thing out soon! Any idea when?

Let us know what you buy. I have been doing a little TV retail therapy today too!

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2014

Wow! I was afraid it would be several days before we heard from you. So glad it's over. Maybe today you can get rid of your aggravations poking out of you. 

Let us know if you find any hot deals!

• DeliriumPie
    edited March 2014

talked to dr this morning. He says I will probably go home on Friday which will be the same day I get the tube out. Everyone who comes by looks so pitiful at me and says oh I know you are in a great deal of pain. Sitting up in a chair now. Got my cath out and put pj bottoms on. That feels better but just resting is excruciating. Enough whining. Still in ICU and waiting to move to a room. 

Last night I bought some mascara and this morning a rubber broom for dog hair. On Sunday night late,  I ordered a NuWave. Real excited about that one. 

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited March 2014

hi Sheila, I came across your post a few weeks ago and felt compelled to go back to the beginning and see your journey. Now I find myself checking everyday to see how you are doing.

I admire your strength and fortitude so much!  Like everyone else I hope your recovery goes well and you can go on your fabulous Hawaii trip. You actually achieved the unthinkable: made me want to go out and buy SPAM!! Lol.

You are a lovely woman! 

Take care,

Andrea

• Ariom
    edited March 2014

Hey Sheila, so pleased to see you are up in a chair! Friday will be here soon and you'll get that awful garden hose out, and be able to split from there, back home.

Good for you, a Nu Wave, you'll have lots of fun with that!

I had to smile at Andrea's post above, I always catch myself smiling when I pass the Spam on the shelf at the Supermarket, it makes me think of you, and I have told all my girlfriends about your winning recipe!

I hope you start to feel much better and that this is a very speedy recovery for you, Sheila. Hawaii will be waiting, oh how I love Hawaii. I have been there lots because it used to be the first port of entry into the US for us traveling from Australia, so it was the norm to arrange to break the trip, either way, in Hawaii. I used to stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki and could spend hours at Ala Moana shopping center, but that was a long time ago. Once they change the entry port we could fly direct to LAX and we didn't do Hawaii any more. I hope you have a fabulous time there. 

I hope you can be a bit more comfortable today, get a little stronger, take it easy, do some more shopping...thinking of you! M x

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2014

Hope you got a nice quiet room at the end of the hall. Yea for pj bottoms! Do more retail therapy!

• sooz-e
    edited March 2014

Is the garden hose draining a lot? Will they replace it with something smaller for when you go home or will you be free of attachments? Are you able to get any rest? Hospitals seem to be the worst place for that!

• grammaB
    edited March 2014

Hi Sheila, I'm late to reply, but am so glad the sx went well and hope by now the garden hose is long gone. :)

Retail therapy always helps!!  You are going to love the Nu Wave!!  I have the Sharper Image version, the Super Wave and I love, love, love it.  Meat comes out so tender and beautifully browned.  I haven't done any veggies in mine but have done fish, chicken, pork, steaks, cornish game hens.  It is easy to clean and sits on my counter all the time because I use it several times a week!

Hope you are feeling better each day!  Gentle (((hugs))) coming your way.

• DeliriumPie
    edited March 2014

hi ladies. Thank you all for checking in on me. Yesterday was awful. Worst pain yet and went backwards on my lung capacity exercises. I was so tired too. Then last night I was able to sleep a lot more and the meds seemed to work better. Was feeling way more positive at 4am today. Got up and changed cleaned up and was able to stand long enough to brush my teeth at the sink (small steps but big!). Then got to lay back down and doze on and off watching the rainy weather. Lots happened today. I got my chest tube out. Got to change pjs. Went for a big walk around the 4th floor. Then they decided to let me come home tonight. Funny thing is that I had such a pleasant day there today that I wouldn't have minded if I had to stay another night.  But good to be home also. Funny you mention a room at the end of the hall zills. I did have one. But it was just like having the last room at the end of a hall in a hotel: right next to the stair well and everyone slamming the stairwell door and laundry room door all day and night.  Huge drama at work today and I'm trying to stay out of it but they make me so mad. Picking on the girl who is helping me with kohls. She is doing an amazing job. Especially considering that she was just the front desk person up until a month ago. She is working circles around everyone and putting in the long and grueling hours that are required. They are just being plain ugly to her, in addition to refusing to help her with these big orders. They are jealous and petty and my boss isn't helping the situation. It makes me want to go down there and knock some sense into all of them.  I just hate that they are taking advantage of me not being there to look out for her right now. It makes me sad and embarrassed. Especially since she is apologizing to me that I had to get involved today. And telling me how she will work harder and do more so that I don't have to worry. And thanking ME for LETTiNG her help me!  Bless her heart she makes me want to cry for being so sweet and doing so well. Rambling I know, lol, but I'm so fired up over this one and no one will listen to me about her. General rambling alert for the next week or so I'll be pretty doped up (plus the insomnia is back with a vengeance) so I apologize in advance. 

Now I really can't wait for the NuWave to arrive after that good review!  Also anxious to try out the tread climber when the dr approves exercise. Maybe between the two I can lose some weight!  Maybe next dose I should cut down to only one pain pill. I think I'm feeling a bit too good right now. Hehe. Going to try some sleep sitting up on the couch. Goodnight ladies. 

• Zillsnot4me
    edited March 2014

Hope you continue to take baby steps. Try not to let work get to you. Glad you're home.

• grammaB
    edited April 2014

DP, I know what you mean about the room at the end of the hall!!  I had one too and main the stairwell was really noisy and the dang slamming door all night long. The only up thing was the room was so tiny there was only one bed in it so I sort of had a private room.  But I was only in hospital one night.

Glad to hear you are beginning to feel a bit better.  Take it easy and try not to let the drama at work get to you.  Your assistant sounds like a doll, the others more like a$$es!

Hugs

• DeliriumPie
    edited March 2014

today is so pleasant. These drugs must be amazing. Worked a bit by phone, had a terrible fill rate this morning, really disappointed in more behavior by my team... But somehow it has just been the most pleasant day and I haven't stressed in the least about any of it. I keep dozing off with my phone in my hand and my eyes keep crossing while I'm typing. Lol. No wonder I'm not allowed to drive!  I've been sitting on the patio with my floppy hat on for a couple of hours and it is such a beautiful day. I can't remember the last time I had such an overwhelmingly pleasant day.  :-)