Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

DH is OCD, No, he's CDO. I am the exact opposite, I don't care if it's organized. Drives him nuts. Yay me

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Had to google Michael Vick, what an ass!

FBIR, I will remember that Glennie, and will use itm in a sentence. Like....Michael Vick needs to have FBIR, like a Pineapple!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

Yes,, a pineapple for Michael Vick!  Excellent plan.  Ava and I approve.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Yuck. Don't ruin pineapple for me. What about a prickly pear?

I'm not organized either. Just chasing socks and underwear every morning wears me out. So I got all the laundry folded and put away. Lay out kids clothes. Her socks already missing! We haven't been home an hour.

Didn't know you could be dehydrated and port not work. Not good news. I always hit up a neighbor for her sweet tea when feeling low and she serves it in those giant icee cups from the gas station. I don't drink enough either.

Bobo. Hope your fever is better.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

I was just thinking of Richard Gere's rodent incident the other day, strangely enough. Can't wrap my brain around that one.

DP, oops, sorry. Trixie wanted mirrors glued on my shoes so that she could admire herself when I wear a dress.and go comando. Safe bet that wont happen.

ZIlls, how about a cactus?

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

Michael Vick's place, I mean former place, isn't far from me. He is pond scum! No one would buy it so it forclosed! We were all happy! Can't mention his name around rescue groups without everyone wishing his part would fall off after he became someone's girlfriend in prison! Prison guys don't like him either! He should be thrown into the prison yard while the guards are on a coffee break! Need I say more....

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

mirrors on your shoes andrea, you are going to light bobo up. 

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Say more, S   say all you want!  he is lower than pond scum

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

haha.. no butt stories for me either.. I have never heard this Richard Gere story.. I may have to google it.. very disturbing.

Glad to hear good news all around, except for M's spoiled food :( Yay Cybernife, Yay Lucky feeling better.

I'm loving the skyping idea for the wedding...... I've never skyped, but I imagine I can figure it out.

Laughing over mirrors on shoes and DP's porch covered in packages!

I'd love to organize my drawers..and closets, but I know I'd never keep it that way so it's just a big ol waste of time.

Freezing cold here... met my gf for lunch and was a popsicle by the time I got there.

Hope you're feeling better Bobo.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

Forgot to answer about the ice earlier. Because Abraxane is a Taxane drug, I am icing feet and fingers. It is not so bad..really. I did it for 4 hours at a time when I was on Taxol. This time I only have to go 45 minutes at a time. I have really figured out a good system now too. I am so scared of losing my toenails and finger nails. It is also supposed to help block the neuropathy. Not sure if it is because I am usually lax on my fingers, but I am having quite a bit of numbness in left finger tips now. I think it is from my brain though. Just getting worse. I get such funny looks from people, especially the men. Most think it is because of hot flashes. I obviously learned about icing on here and not from any Dr or nurse. They have some minimal icing supplies for you there but no one tells you about it unless you ask. And they actually encourage you not to. Like I iced during A/C also because I thought, why not? But they insisted that I did not need to. I would always take my hands out to work on my phone, and I got a black spot on one thumbnail one day on A/C. Shows how much they know. I have a friend who has permanent neuropathy from chemo. It is so bad that she is now on disability and has frequent falls. She currently has a broken leg from a fall. If something simple I can do might prevent that, then why not try?

OK guys. I finished my video. I am not so impressed with the video itself, but with my ability to figure out how to put it all together. I never thought I would have anyone see this. But if there is anyone I would share with, I would be honored for it to be you fine ladies. I woke Bond up so that he could be first to see the finished product. I was thinking that I never would let anyone see so much of me, but then I realized it is actually so "little" of me. LOL. But in reality, all modesty has been out the window for a very long time now. I have always laughed at how Drs stopped leaving the room for undress and dress, after about the 2nd visit. Whats the point? Every Doctor, nurse, PA, PS, Intern, Tech, anesthesiologist, assistant, student, and probably janitor has seen my breasts and likely touched them - and now that there is nothing there, it seems even more pointless. Honestly, Bond is the ONLY one that I have not allowed to look at me. I have become bolder now though. Vanity just isn't as important as it was before.

I digress.... If anyone cares or can stomach it, here it is without further ado...

DPs First Year of Treatment

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

Your video is awesome. How did Bond take it if he hadn't seen you before? On the age restriction: I had to scroll and scroll and scroll to get down to my birthdate lol.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

Thank you wren. he was ok. He has seen me a few times around the house now. I think he is pretty resigned to the more important things like I am now. Even though it makes him sad too. He and I both took tht other lady's viseo way harder. It was weird. Maybe because I've seen these so much they don't phase me. Or maybe it's because that lady did get to stop after a year.

Wasn't sure about the age thing but it seemed appropriate. Lol. I've been feeling that way lately to get down to my year!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

this lady Kate Somerville on qvc has a squeaky voice just like the philosophy lady. Omg I can't sleep like this. It's terrible. Seeking an episode of SVU that I have not seen. Ha.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Fantastic DP!!!!! What a great job you did, that was really moving, but so strong! I have trouble dealing with all you've had to go through and that's just the first year!!!!!

I watched it twice, once with Bec, I hope you don't mind me showing her. She has heard so much about you. We both said "Isn't she beautiful!" at the same time, while watching it. Thank you!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited January 2015

thank

Thank you DP for sharing your video with us. It was beautiful, strong, moving, and just amazing. Breast cancer is so not pretty, you are right. I hope you will do another for your second year, and third, and fourth and so, but with you lounging by the pool, with all of your parcels around you! Lol.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Hey Dawny, how's it going down your way? We've got really strong winds and the humidity is over the top. We've had a bit of rain too. The lawns and the weeds are growing like crazy! M x

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited January 2015

I am so far behind here, have been reading tho. I am in the bag for everything. There is so much going on, girls. DP, Zills Dad, Colin on Friday, sgc's DD, Andrea and Lucky, Ava, Bobo, and I have Paddy for the bag too.

Thank you for the Christmas cards: Zills, Wren, O2, Sgc, ND Ideism, I hope I haven't left anyone out. I loved, loved, loved getting the cards from you guys! Xx

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

Onward sister! I'm right there with you. BG watched it with me. I didn't feel it inappropriate but could see it shocking normal people. I don't think I have that many pix but I should do the same for my kids. They are probably too young to remember.

Thank you.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

DP, your video is amazing, and you are amazing! Totally agree with Dawny -- hope we will have new video every year with packages all around you as you are lounging in pool!

So looking forward to hearing what's in the packages -- will live vicariously through you! Agree about Perricone prices -- have never bought anything but the samples! But, you know, I think it really works.

G plays 'foreign objects in the rear' so well! Wow! I cannot even say on here what I would do to Michael Vick. I hear Best Friends took many of those dogs to help heal them -- they call the dogs Vicktory dogs. I wish they didn't use his name in the title.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

Beautiful video DP.. a little too quick, I replayed it to get a look at some of the photos.. like the taco bell sign and the newspaper clipping. What a journey you've had, and as others have said, more videos please! Oh, and my new headphones arrived yesterday, so I brought them into work today..what a pleasant surprise to be able to use them for your video first thing this morning. The video didn't ask me for my age..but I had to login through google.

Andrea - thinking about your daughter and giving you some hugs. I freak when my daughter gets sick, so I am sending good vibes to keep your mind from wandering.

Daughter's birthday is next Monday.. 13 years old and she doesn't want a party? WTF is wrong with that kid? I have offered up some pretty good plans .. like a ski weekend with a few friends, or renting a suite at the hotel .. nope, she doesn't want to do anything. She's going to a friend's for a sleepover on Saturday..thinking I might call the mom and see if I can sneak in a birthday cake for her since 2 of her good friends will be there. Best I can do I guess. Tired of bugging her. Yesterday I said.. ok..this is it.. I am not going to ask again.. are you sure you don't want a party? "Yes". me: Is that your final answer? (see I can't drop it). "Yes". What is a mother to do! lol

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

I forgot who was shopping for craft stuff.... hope this works.....

Do you have any fun projects lined up? Get your craft fix this week with these craft store coupons.

• Michaels Coupon – 50% off a Regular Priced Item (Expires 1/17)
    • Hobby Lobby Coupon – 40% off a Regular Priced Item (Expires 1/17)
    • JoAnn Coupon – 50% off One Regularly Priced Item AND 15% off Your ENTIRE Purchase! (Expires 1/15)
  • SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

DP- your video, like you, is amazing! Not only do I marvel at your technical ability, but also the way your message comes through! You are so beautiful! Love your assistant and look forward to the next one with you lounging at the pool surrounded by packages!

We have an ice palace here. After warning me not to go on the deck, DH proceeded to fall down the stairs landing I his injured shoulder and is now holed up in his bedroom for the rest of the day. Should be an interesting day with the puppy! I hope everyone has a better one! S

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

thank you. You are all so sweet. Those are about all of the pics. I stopped after lung surgery since I was NED and with the scope of things differnwt this time, I don't snap too many pics.

Packages though? I do have packages! Directv guy here. I'm a bit embarrassed. Already got two texts from qvc this morning. Packages out for delivery. Somewhere in this lot is my wreath bag and then I could get the last bit if Xmas out if the house. Going in with my new fancy utility knife bond got me. That should also be embarrassing right?

Oh no sgc! You be careful today. My dogs pulled me right off the porch in the ice once. Thought I was dying but by golly I somehow reached the one leash as they were realizing how far they could get. Luckily the other leash got looped in it. Then I laid there having a total I've fallen and I can't get up moment. Did I mention I was also carrying a pitcher of warm water to unfreeze the dog runner latch at the time. Yep. Up in the air and onto my head. I wonder to this day if anyone saw the fiasco and was sitting in their house laughing their ass off.

PRB I like the sneaking in a cake idea. She doesn't want anything but she does. She will roll her eyes but it will mean a lot that you cared. That setting will probably be about the perfect amount of caring/respecting boundaries too. I say go for it. Only become a teen once.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

Dollar Store stuff

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

OOOO,, Purple,, so pretty!!   DP:  I had a snow incident,, Rocco went after a squirrel and pulled me down onto snow. I'm from FL,, who knew it would hurt so much to belly flop on snow?  I thought it was soft stuff. Wrong.

PRB:  your DD's birthday is Monday? the 19th?  That's my birthday!  We are birthday twins!! **excited** Definitely sneak in a cake.

Going to see if I can watch Vid here. be back.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

omg y'all. Trying to distract. Myself for a minute. Having one of those awful chest and spine pain moments that I get (after chemo?). Anyhow, the satellite guy is here and in trying not to have a spaztic episode in front of him. I know I already look like death warmed over today. I am however wearing my very stylish new lounge jacket over my leggings and t shirt. Ha. It is super cozy.

When this guy got here over an hour ago, I was going to open all these packages. I have done one. I did put the batteries in the three things inside the one. But still. Also regular mailman brought another package a but ago. I heard him. I may never win this battle.

Not sure what taking guy so long now. He said he just needs to activate. He is nice guy. His mom died of ovarian cancer in the 80s. So he had to ask if I was doing some kind of treatment. Bcuz i an just wearing turban. I never know what to say when people say stuff like that about whomever dying. Usually just im sorry. I told him how mbc works. And he looked scared and said but your going to be ok right? I said yes.

Ok he's all done. Good too cuz I'm ready to scream. Thank you for holding my hand.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

now I know what was taking him so long out there. He was smoking! Awwwhh that smelled good. Ha.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Hmmmm, I don't have a Gmail account and can't sign on. Poooooooo

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited January 2015

It wants me to sign in with a Google account too, no other options, and I don't have one. :-(

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

it's easy to create one. Ask my DH. If he can, you can.

DP. Purple does look nice. Which dollar store? Family? General? Tree? Depot?

Boy got a leappad for Christmas. BG got a case for my phone. Don't trust it. Ordered her a leappad and accessories. Need to find boy the rechargeable stuff. Still haven't added any games. He desperately wants angry birds but don't think they are compatible.

Sneaky bday cake. Awesome!