Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

Wow! That is shocking about mil. I wonder how long it takes for bladder infection to do that.

DP I hope you feel better today.

I see Urologist again today to discuss my stubborn kidney stone. I wonder what the next step will be.

Need to ask him if drinking too many smoothies makes your urine too acidic.

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

Yes drinking tons of fruit affects acidity of urine. Also gives you the runs....heh heh. I better eat something besides fruit and veggies today.

Good news: kidney stone is smaller, so blasting did have some effect. Dr says there might be micro fractures and another bkasting will make it explode. Or not. They can extract it if it moves down, but we will have to wait for that.

I will be taking all calls from the throne today. Lol

Some good news: Lucky is much better. Damn stool softeners

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Yea for DP. Yea for lucky. Too cold for no pants. Got two of four cats wormed. Have to be real careful if scratches.

It was the good sister. Wicked sister already gunning for daddy's stuff. Not a good visit. Stuck in ER and 6 visitors. Not going today. Tired.

DP must have pix of panty/sock drawer. What did you use to organize? From the dollar tree?

I may have mixed up posts. Tired of trying to find each am for boy and BG. Not under beds but may be mixed in with toys. Can't stay on top of all the clothes!

Nap time!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

alright! Andrea gets to eat cheese and chocolate today! There is Marty Martian with his blaster aimed at Trixie again. I want you to paint that in a pair of shoes for me. :-) so happy for lucky. Thinking in it, probably the only time I have howled in the toilet was while taking stool softeners. They are seriously the stupidist thing ever. Oh you can't get any poop to come out? Here's an idea, let's make it all soft and mushy so it bogs all up and clogs up everything and is so damn soft it will NEVER move. Just my opinion on stool softeners. Eeryone sure pushes them on you though. Perhaps they have never been through it. And don't get me started that this is always at a time when you should NOT be straining. Like post sx. Ugh. Rant over.

Back and butt still hurt. Knees swollen. Getting hard to walk. Been on the steroids too long now. The cyber knife is all approved. They are napping the plan now. Will compare CT from yesterday to month ago MRI. I bet they make me do a new mri but we will see. Apparently they are not into making this a quick process. It will be five swore are treatments. One for each lesion. Knock on wood that it is still only five. I thought it would be one zap a day but the lady tech said probably a day in between zaps. So it will likely be a two week long process. No word so far today. My vision is getting worse. Rrally want to get started and off these damn steroids too.

Will find you pics of those organizers z. Wish I could reroute a package to you. I have two more packs on the way from china that I ended up not needing because one pack was enough. Didn't notice those were from China and would take a month to arrive. The dollar tree things are little pop up boxes. Will take a pic when I get butt out of bed. Working on a project for clueless this morning. It makes me feel better about my situation with them.

Glad you are getting to eat ND. And yes that age is so cool when you get lunch visitors.

MIL story so scary. That's what I mean about listening to our bodies and not ignoring things. I have always been the worst about ignoring things because in too busy. But things like tht happen more than we realize. A friend was telling me about one of her in laws who had cancer and wasn't able to eat. She is tellin me this when I was not eating of course. Lol. Anyhow she became so anemic and it neutropenic that she developed a yeast infection in her blood. The hospital missed this fact and it killed her. Yeast infection kills the lady with cancer. Really? We just have to be so mindful of our own bodies because no one else can do it f

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

alright! Andrea gets to eat cheese and chocolate today! There is Marty Martian with his blaster aimed at Trixie again. I want you to paint that in a pair of shoes for me. :-) so happy for lucky. Thinking in it, probably the only time I have howled in the toilet was while taking stool softeners. They are seriously the stupidist thing ever. Oh you can't get any poop to come out? Here's an idea, let's make it all soft and mushy so it bogs all up and clogs up everything and is so damn soft it will NEVER move. Just my opinion on stool softeners. Eeryone sure pushes them on you though. Perhaps they have never been through it. And don't get me started that this is always at a time when you should NOT be straining. Like post sx. Ugh. Rant over.

Back and butt still hurt. Knees swollen. Getting hard to walk. Been on the steroids too long now. The cyber knife is all approved. They are napping the plan now. Will compare CT from yesterday to month ago MRI. I bet they make me do a new mri but we will see. Apparently they are not into making this a quick process. It will be five swore are treatments. One for each lesion. Knock on wood that it is still only five. I thought it would be one zap a day but the lady tech said probably a day in between zaps. So it will likely be a two week long process. No word so far today. My vision is getting worse. Rrally want to get started and off these damn steroids too.

Will find you pics of those organizers z. Wish I could reroute a package to you. I have two more packs on the way from china that I ended up not needing because one pack was enough. Didn't notice those were from China and would take a month to arrive. The dollar tree things are little pop up boxes. Will take a pic when I get butt out of bed. Working on a project for clueless this morning. It makes me feel better about my situation with them.

Glad you are getting to eat ND. And yes that age is so cool when you get lunch visitors.

MIL story so scary. That's what I mean about listening to our bodies and not ignoring things. I have always been the worst about ignoring things because in too busy. But things like tht happen more than we realize. A friend was telling me about one of her in laws who had cancer and wasn't able to eat. She is tellin me this when I was not eating of course. Lol. Anyhow she became so anemic and it neutropenic that she developed a yeast infection in her blood. The hospital missed this fact and it killed her. Yeast infection kills the lady with cancer. Really? We just have to be so mindful of our own bodies because no one else can or will do it for us.

Ok must work for a bit. Back later. Glad dex is in bag too. But maybe today we all pile in bed. I've got the fire going. Lot t all by myself again! Toby is in!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

I will try to not knock per your tea mom. Tryyy...

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

I got some of those little aluminum loaf pans they sell for Xmas presents of cake or something. They fit my drawers and work pretty well. I think they were 3 for $1. Maybe not the prettiest, but work just fine. I'm looking for something cheap for my sock drawer. I have plastic divider boxes but they are really showing wear.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

Catching up,,, DP, glad to hear that you have a good tech who takes care of you! And cyber knife is in the works. Excellent.  About damn time.

Andrea: glad to hear that kidney stone is smaller!  Progress!!

Had Thai lunch with friends and then nice walk with neighbor and her dog and Ava. Good long walk for Ava who is napping now.  Gray and gloomy here. We are not the sunshine state this week.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Morning ladies! Just got up to find the freezer door wasn't shut properly last night and we have lost everyhthing in there, just spent half an hour filling garbage bags with all the frozen food and had to mop the floor, water everywhere. Grrrrrr!!!!!

DP, I am so pleased you finally have the go ahead, I know it must be scary, but I have read such great reports on it, I didn't know what it was, so I read lots of stuff.

I am wondering if that cup of tea got knocked over? Goooooboy, gooooboy! LOL

Andrea, so sorry you're still having grif from that stone, we are counting down till Friday, I can't wait till Colin goes back to finish this off. I don't know if there are any stones left, but he is still not 100% with the stent still in place. I am crossing everything that it is that thing, that is causing all his sweating and shaking.

Bec is staying till Saturday now! Yay, she really doesn't want to go home, but loves her job and is looking forward to getting back to that. I am just enjoying having her here so long and I think, Dex thinks, she has moved in permanently.

Thai lunch sounds great Glennie, we haven't done Thai, this visit. We did do a great Vietnamese lunch for Bec's birthday, it was like old times with Vi. It was the first time I have been to this cafe, in town, but it was worth the wait, we love Vietnamese food.

I used to do my undies drawers with those plastic separator squares, but I found them a bit of a nuisance.

DP, so clueless still can't do without you, not surprised!

Scary, awful story about the MIL and the woman with the yeast infection in the blood. Have heard the odd, out there stories like that, over the years, but fortunately really rare and not the norm at all. When I think of how many bladder infections Colin has suffered over the years, that's a scary thought.

One of the weirdest ones I saw was about a guy playing on the carpet with his dog, gets a carpet burn to his elbow, weird super-bug infection gets in, kills him in a month.

Z, I got the photo today, kids have grown so much and you and K look fantastic! Thank you! M x

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

Hooray that cyberknife is set up! It's terrible that they have to drag it out, DP. But I am just so happy it's scheduled. I don't know how it works, but I am impressed. Come on, Cyberknife! Hurry up! How was your chemo?

And Hooray for Lucky! I am soooo glad he is feeling better! Ooh. I love him. And I love that picture of Toby! He is such a snuggler.

And Hooray for no more blasting, Andrea! Super-happy with all of this good news. And G had Thai lunch. Everything seems to be in pretty good order here. Hope M is not doing too much. Have tiny fever today -- think I am fighting that flu. This fact does not get me out of work or household duties, however..

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Bobo, one day when you are free for lunch,, we will have Thai lunch. What's up with wedding? Time?  Just dying to know if I can make it around work.

Lucky is feeling better!!  Ava is feeling better!  Toby is so darn cute!!  Dex in the bag too. Is there room for Sassafrass?  Need a big bag. Will need dog cookies too.  Come on Cyberknife.

M: glad that Becs is staying longer.  I really hope Colin feels better after the stent is out. This is taking just too long.

Hate crazy infections. Seen too much of that. My weird story is friend who was wrapping Christmas presents,,, got a paper cut on her eyeball!  Weird infection set in,,, ending up losing the sight in the eye. Carpet burn story is pretty scary.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

Funny story: when I was around 22, back in the olden days, i couldn't get a teaching position. My mom wanted me to have a job and sent me to a secretarial school and I landed a job in NYC as an admin. Asst (aka secretary with a college degree). One winter day the other admin. Asst. came in with huge bandages on her knees. Thinking she must have been mugged or in a terrible accident I loudly asked her what happened in front of the whole office. She replied that she had burns. To which I asked how do you burn your knees??? She whispered from the rug. I then said you mean your rug was on fire? I swear I still didn't get it! Someone had to explain it to me! Lol Talk about being nieve!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Posting at same time! Colin has a friend from the yacht club around and he is on his hands and knees trying to work out how to readjust the feet on the fridge, so it leans slightly back and the door won't open so easily. The moving guys should have done it when we arrived here, but it got overlooked. Bec is feeling like shit, because she knows it was her who left the door open, she did dinner last night. It doesn't matter what I say, she's feeling terrible, bugger, bugger, I didn't want her to find out, but hey, Colin and I couldn't have had a feed up during the night and eat all that stuff, while she was sleeping! LOL

Paper cut to the eye, Glennie? Wow, that smarts doesn't it! I have never heard of that. Was also wondering if Sasafire could make it into the bag! Spookie too!

Awww, Bobo, a fever now? Keep saying cancel cancel, I won't get sick! M x

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

Bobo, I will need another blasting in two weeks. No big deal really. Just want it to work!Hope you feel better soon.

Watching a news report about rescued pit Bulls. Apparently dogs that lose their fight are killed. Dreadful!

Sgc funny story.

M: I have had that same thing happen to me.Such a waste of food. But what can you do??

D P I do love you, but I am not painting vaginas on shoes....even for you. Lol. Funny story though:

When i was trying to think up something that babies would like painted on their shoes my daughter simply said : nipples. Lol.

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

Cancel cancel? Will do.

OMG. ND, I am so sorry about your friend that had the infection. But, other than ND, OMG. The gross infection stories have got to stop! How were you all raised?! I swear, if we were having a spend the night party, you guys would be up all night playing 'Angel Devil' and making anyone who was sleeping wet her pants by dropping her hand into bowl of warm water!

G, the Thai food is so far, I never get there! Still have to finalize with DLLP, but as it stands now, we're going to be at the courthouse at 10:30 or so. Then snacks and cake and beer and sparkling grape juice back at the tiny house. Not fancy at all! OMG. I am just not feeling well, but thinking, 'Wait. Do I need to make little packets of bird seed?' etc.

How are you feeling DP? **waving** How is this chemo treating you? And how are you feeling about Cyberknife? Do you have a date yet? Sending you hugs. Wait. Did you watch Perricone? I taped it. Something's wrong with Dana, she is going off the deep end.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

SGC:  that is good story!!

Yes, Andrea,, dogs that do not fight to win are killed. Do you not know about Michael Vick and the cruel things he did to his dogs?  OMG,,, do not get me started,, as I'm working,,, but I could go on and on about this. It is a terrible thing all over this country. People are evil to these wonderful dogs.   It makes Ava very sad.

Bobo:  one day, when you are free for lunch, I will pick u up and drive you there in my tiny car.

WORK,,, ugh,, back later.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

OMG Bobo, you're so right, we would be telling stupid stuff stories and goofing off. You've just reminded me about all the crazy " Accidental?????Up the rear" stories I heard from a friend who is an ER Doctor, now that's funny! M x

• bobogirl
    edited January 2015

M, You stop it!

Wait. No. I approve 'Accidental Up the Rear' stories. I will start the ball rolling (up the rear) with Richard Gere. I know you probably know him/have slept with him or acted as his body double. Did he really have gerbils up his rear? Could that be true? Poor gerbils.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Bahahahah, that's an old one, nope, never met him. I am sorry for the gerbils too! OMG, Lemons, in fact all kinds of fruit and veg, of course! Then there was the ketchup bottle that someone "accidentally" fell on, in a seated position!!!! A lightglobe, now that one, is scary, could disintegrate, quite easily. And my alltime favorite,, a drum roll please.......... A Barbie Doll!!!! The theme is always, that it was an accidental, sitting down, accident.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

oh dex and sassafire too?  what a treat!  We probably should get a bootleg "working dog" vest for Sassafire though.  Hell, we may need to teach her how to walk me if my eyes keep it up.

Andrea, you filthy girl!  I never was picturing an actual vagina.  I was thinking a matching animated bikini girl. 

John Ellison is on SHOPHQ playing guitar and selling barbecue seasonings.  Can I get a witness??  Fun fact: Some Kind of Wonderful is the most recorded song ever.  Oh he is also selling pre-seasoned turkey and beef patties, lol. 

No spilled tea.  Good boy.  Oh no about the freezer M!  Grandma had left a whole box of meat sitting in my garage instead of in the garage fridge.  Didn't know it was there.  Bond thought something had died in the garage.  yuck!  Glad Bec is staying until the weekend! 

Smiling about SGC finding out about rug burns. teehehe

Glennie always has the best sounding lunches and dinners. 

Finished project for Clueless' regional meeting.  Please with it.  Hopefully she uses it properly. 

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

chemo ok,  Real tired today though.  Back hurts and ab/lung still really sore.  No cyberknife call yet.  Maybe by 4th of july. 

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

OOOO, I want to play Up the Rear stories.  I have worked in an actual hospital.  (more than one, actually)  and the admitting diagnosis will say   FBIR   Meaning Foreign body in rectum. 

Shavers! Little mini vibrators!! Bananas, cucumbers, of course.  It's really bad when the victim is under age and parents must be called for permission to treat,,, especially if it needs to be surgerically extracted. Yes, it happens.

Eons ago,, when I was still down in West Palm Beach,, there was the guy who used the vacuum cleaner hose on his ding-a-ling,,,, can't remember if they were able to save it and it functioned again or not.  But it was the talk of the hospital for a long time.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

DP:  no way waiting until 4th of July!  We will all go do the humpy back spider dance over there.  Sorry that it hurts,, take some hydrocodone and lay down??  Bond will make tea, I'm sure.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

I have clearly missed a post.  How did we get on up the butt the stories?  The light bulb ones have always freaked me out.  Really?

Don't even get me started on Michael Vick.  What a FUCKTARD and he is local here. 

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

wine bottles,, or any bottles freak me out too.

HATE MICHAEL VICK.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

Oh My Dog!!!!!!!

10:30 in the morning?????? Sending my regrets. Please posts lots of pics!!!!!!

Spookie can be in the bag, but asks to be near the top so she doesn't get squished.

Michael Vick should have a taste of what he did.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Lordy, Lordy. I go to Zumba and you all get chatty and graphic.

No stories to add.

Sasafire is an alpha dog and has hound dog drool. Kids complain about slobber.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

watched perricone for a few this morning, I meant to tell you.  lol.  The prices just turn me off so much! and the fact that is burns my face off.  ha.  Been on ShopHQ all day.  I think I bought a convection oven while I was half asleep last night.  Been meaning to go check my orders all day.  Oddly enough I have not seen it presented all day long.  Maybe I got the last one.  They have an air fryer for their Top Value today.  Looks cool but don't need another gadget.  Bond took over NuWave.  I don't really care for it.  Too complicated.  This seafood they are pushing today looks delicious.  Waaaay too pricey though.  Keep meaning to look at veggie burgers I saw on qvc the other night.  They looked really good.  I wonder where David Veneable has been?  Everyone else has been covering his shows. 

For all of your amusement, at my shopping antics - and I have been meaning to clarify this anyway - You guys know that I have been REALLY good for most of the year.  Right?  It's like I was deprived and now I'm binging, lol.  Really, I have not bought anything much in a long long time.  I had not even been going to stores anymore - anyhow.  I knew I was going to get 2 packages today because QVC texts me about these things.  The doorbell rag twice today.  Second time the dogs went nuts, so I got up to get the packages.  I open the door and the entire porch is covered with packages.  I was able to bring in 5 of them, but had to leave the other 4 for Bond.  I did not ask him if any more arrived afterwards.  Sadly, I also know that there are more coming...

Here is what I am loving in my underwear and sock drawers Z.  I will have to pull out the ones from dollar tree to take a pic.  couldn't find any on their website.  Amazon also has some honeycomb looking drawer inserts that look cool.  I am using the 30 tiny cell one for my socks and the bra one for my underwear, plus the Dollar ones.  And also have all my Pjs and slips and tanks and things like that. 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

Sniff. I didn't get the screen shot.

Hope everyone's stones get blasted into space!

Must be the dark side of the moon. Went for port flush & labs, couldn't get blood from port. Now must go to regular lab and have vampire try. RN said I was dehydrated, be sure to drink lots of water. DEXA was there, MO hadn't seen it, she's in Antartica, cheering on a niece who swam? it, was -18. So I still don't know about my bones

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Wow that is so organized. My drawers do not look like that.