Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

which 3 days

• SC60
    edited January 2015

Sorry for the questions, but I seem to be experiencing chemo brain. For some reason I thought Vinnie was in Baltimore. Lol

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

Ldesim:  how can you be cranky in NOLA?  FOOD!! Booze!!  Yes, it's hot and humid, but we will cool ourselves.  I am menopausal too, don't forget. We can be cranky sisters.  And I Have to go see the Villalobos Rescue Center, from Pit Bulls and Parolees!!  That is a must see for me!!  Who wants to go?  I hear the street car will take you there.  And a spa day!! 

I could put them elsewhere,,,, maybe I'll use one on HX scars.  I already put some in an envelope for you.  Mailing tomorrow.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Vinnie is in NOLA one week a month.  July 6-8  or 6-9,,, Bobo's appt is July 8th.

Vinnie is in Baltimore the rest of the month,, NOLA one week a month.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

Waiting to hear if Maryland is going to delay their school start to after Labour Day.....if so, I can go to Canada After NOLA trip.....fingers crossed.

Green card!! Don't get me started! Headhunters brought my husband down here because he is so highly trained in computers (some say brilliant...I don't , but that is because his head is big enough already, lol). So we relocate under the premise that I too will someday be able to work outside of the home. That was 7 years ago. In all fairness the last company he was with kept dropping the ball on his GC, Current one is much better.  Never really cared until recently when I wanted to get going on my art career.

Here is something my mom sent me today. DP I apologize in advance for #14:

Hospital Chart Bloopers

1. The patient refused autopsy.
    2. The patient has no previous history of suicides.
    3. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.
    4. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.
    5. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
    6. On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.
    7. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
    8. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
    9. Discharge status: Alive but without permission.
    10. Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.
    11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
    12. She is numb from her toes down.
    13. While in ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.
    14. The skin was moist and dry.
    15. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.
    16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
    17. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
    18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got a divorce.
    19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.
    20. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
    21. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.
    22. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
    23. Skin: somewhat pale but present.
    24. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.
    25. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

Oh, DP, I wouldn't go to Iceland.....volcanic eruptions again.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

S, Glennie is right about all of that. July 6 - 9! XXX

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

Glennie, I can be cranky anywhere.. hahahha.. thank you for sending, you didn't have to... thank you :)

Andrea, 7 years?? wtf? I don't know why I am shocked as I don't even know how long they are supposed to take.

The hospitalisms are funny :)

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Ldesim:  I too can be cranky,, but I will be with all of you in a fun city!  Resolved to not be cranky despite heat and humidity. For me and Bobo,, it will be just like home. NO is the same latitude as here!!

• SC60
    edited January 2015

I would love to join you all-sounds like a blast! Is everyone going to stay at the same hotel? Idesim are you flying down? Andrea are you flying? I almost peed myself reading the hospitalisms! S

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

imageGlennie, yes, that was on the front page this morning. Only here!

Wish I could do NOLA. We went on our honeymoon there. Beautiful. Ya'all MUST go to Cafe Dumont for coffee and beignets. I don't think it got blown away

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

Hey S -- Well, I hope everyone will stay at same hotel!! Wouldn't be fun if we didn't. There is another sister having Vinnie tattoos the day before I am -- she did all the hotel research already, and sent it to me! PM me if you want and I will send it to you guys.

Misty is staying in the French Quarter, but there are other good hotels outside the French Quarter -- still really nice and half the price. We get a discount because we are there for Vinnie! I was thinking we'd get two or three rooms and share, like a slumber party? We need to economize in order to be able to afford many many drinks.

Woo-hoo! I have never been to New Orleans! S, Virginia is easy driving distance, I think!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

slumber party!!  YES!!  Where???

• SC60
    edited January 2015

Oh yes, I am up for a lack of slumber party! It is about 17 hours to NOLA from here. DH wants me to fly, but I am not sure I want to put out the money. I will probably do a cost analysis. Only kidding! Gives me incentive to diet! Sounds like quite the event!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

SGC. We may have to carpool. Idesim? Andrea? Road trip?

It's 11 hours from ky or $500 flight.

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

oooo, it would be great if y'all could meet up somewhere and carpool.  Great idea, Z!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

Glennie

Sherrif Dept has announced the rug is up at auction. Proceeds to Canine Estates, a rescue group in Palm Harbor

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Excellent idea!!

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

I don't have a driver's license.. so it's fly for me... I can drive, just never got a license, which I am planning on finally doing this year.. mom's getting up there in years.

I went to NOLA years ago.. did Mardi Gras, was quite a lot of fun and no, I didn't flash... I probably should have!

Beignets are yummy!!

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

OK.. how strange is it that a friend on facebook (and I only have like 40) would post this today ... right after Andrea apologized to DP for using the word moist?

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

haha saw that... I love the oatmeal :)

• SC60
    edited January 2015

Z- where are you in KY? I am in the SE corner of VA about 15 minutes from NC line.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Near Lexington. Smack dab in the middle of horse country.

You're going to make me find a map.

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

good heavens, this is taking place in July? Holy hell y'all have lost your minds. Check flights sgc, they have gotten real cheap lately.

Thinking like 80s Madonna lace around bottom footless bobo. Could be cute especially in yellow. :-)

IT Happened again today. Third day in a row. Qvc sends two texts saying packages out for delivery. Doorbell only rang once today. Finally vacated bed for a shower at 3:30pm and open door thinking maybe new PJs are out there. Once again, nine packages total. How long can this go on? I did get through opening everything though. Wore me out but dang if it isn't done. Still have to wash all of the lock and lock and box up old stuff for yard sale. Used Dr gross kit, liking so far, one day in, lol. Skin is already super soft from trying to use up a load of isomers. But dry at same time. Bought two bottles of retinol from groupon before the Dr gross thing happened. Opened that today but won't use yet. Yummy new lounge wear sets opened today. Two more sets and a robe. Finally wore the full last set I bought today. Soooo cozy looking. Also got what I am calling new slippers. They are supposed to be real shoes but they are suede moccosin with furry insides. To me furry inside = furry slipper. They have hard sole though. So in my mind they are the perfect furry slipper for collecting packages from outside. Plus they were clearance for $8. ok enough purchase opening stories. I have an important amazon story though. Next post

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2015

DP, I was in Houston area in July..OMG, the heat and humidity was nothing short of hell!!

Ariom, love your pics. I have been wanting a temporary tattoo but not sure where to get them. Dont think I would ever do the permanent one. I saw a beautiful peacock with tail feathers all fanned out on a ladies chest where the boob used to be.. beautiful but cant imagine the time it took. Very interested to get a temp tho. Thanks for the pics. you are one beautiful lady! Kinda agree about the red too, but whatever you prefer.

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

I'm glad I'm not the only one bitchin bout July :) DP, I'm telling ya.. the UPS guy is probably flinging them at your door and giving you the finger. Glad you are enjoying all your goodies.. I agree.. fur lined = slippers. We need some lounge wear pictures.. or oooooo how about a lounge wear video? :)

Was hoping to hear something about Colin before I went to bed.., although I have no idea what time it is over there.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

ok this is serious.... I have suspected for a long time now that amazon is the devil. For real that man is NOT right in the head. Anyway. It has finally happened. They sent me something BEFORE I ordered it. They talked about this on the news before, instant deliveries. Like there is just a truck driving around with stuff you might want? Or the drones? Bond has said before tht he swears something showed up same day. BUT this is the freakiest thing that ever happened. On Sunday night I ordered the arthritis gloves, which would make them arrive on Tuesday. One amazon box was in Tuesdays pile. It was light and flat and it got placed on the table UNDERNEATH three other boxes. On Tuesday night, as I could not sleep, I went on amazon and ordered hang tags, label, jewelry baggies and some other labels. When I got down to this amazon box today, the one that came on Tuesday, all of these supplies were in this box along with The arthritis gloves. WTF?? How did they do that? I will double check the order but I know it was on Tuesday!! They are the devil I swear!!! couple of supplies i ordered at same time were not in there and in fact should have come today. Hmm have to check that too. Anyhow long boring story just to tell you that amazon freaks me out.

Andrea You would think they would want you to work. Government shheesh! In BG m- thought I had days figured out finally. Wrong as always. No LE expert with thoughts on the laser pulses? It does say it hurts.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

cross posting then lost post. Grr. Switched to using tablet instead of phone due to vision so bad now. But on my phone I can most always recover when I lose a post. Boo

Was saying that July is the depths of hell down here. Guess we are just lucky its not August. Houston is a miserable place year round. Now Vegas on the other hand has great a/c and is a nice dry heat that you can bask in. They LSO have fan poolsides for slim vagina models with drinks in hand. The expenses are also way less than nola. Perhaps, we should go in on a honeymoon package to Vegas born the newlyweds as a wedding gift? After all getting nippy tats in july might leave bobo feeling less than festive. Just a thought... thoughts anyone else? Am I being to wishful. Would m or our other aussies really travel anywhere over here to see us? I know hawaii for y'all, right?

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

Hawaii would be nice, but that would be pricey!!

I guess I'm used to humidity,, I was in Vegas in June 2012 and I thought I would DIE from the dry heat!! I thought I would shrivel up into a prune.

DP:  that is weird about Amazon. Did you try the arthriits glove yet? Wonder how your hand and LE is doing.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

didnt try yet because arm too big to fit sleeve. Afraid to do one without other. Arm like big Turkey leg. Why is it always meat? Have pt appt on Tues afternoon. They called today. I'm impressed first time took 6 months to get in. Guess since I'm already established. But i think they wont treat me once they find out I'm in active treatment. Its my same therapist though so I think she will help me on sly if needed. My skin on both arms is very dry and scaly feeling. Been moisturizing like crazy. It is where most swelling is.

Tell me real thoughts on Vegas. Just proved second week of march for the sun tthrough Thurs packages. For me a trip for two would be 500 for full four night package. That is really good. It can also be a it less or more depending in how ritzy a hotel you like to . I personally prefer old nostalgia Vegas but I'm not too picky. That price was for the flamingo which is both nostalgia and good location. But I love staying at the riviera too and it is about 50-70 less. The flights are on american too, not spirit, which is nice. If we did slumber party style, that would only be like $200-250 per person for a four night trip. Not too bad. Way less than Hawaii. March is nice like weather in Vegas. It even rained for my wedding day in the desert. Hhaha.

Tell me if I'm way off. Was thinking beginning of march will be my next scans. Thinking Maybe I want to have a little fun before I hear the results.. So much fun to do there that doesn't cost a lot too. Four days would not even be enough time!

• SC60
    edited January 2015

Never been to Vegas either. Sounds like another fun trip! I live in humidity so I don't know anything about dry heat. The worst heat I have felt was Tunica Mississippi in July. When you walked out of the AC, you would gasp! Much worse than Florida or Texas in July! Last infusion is Wednesday so I am ready to go anywhere!

Z you are about 8 hours away from me...if I speed! Went to Lexington for a cheer competition when DD2 was into it. We drove all night and learned that was not a good idea as DD2 was raring to go and we were beat! Lexington was beautiful, the mountains at night were a bit scary! I can get a cheap flight out of DC and will probably do that as the gas alone will be more than the flight!

Should go to sleep as I have an early appt with the neurologist in the morning. Sweet dreams everyone and have a great day M!