Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Just got in, it all went well, thank goodness. The surgeon did comment that the stent had been in too long, "yeah right Einstein, your cronies at the other Hospital failed to make a phone call, not our fault!" Fortunately, they were very nice in the day procedure place and the other patients were really friendly country folk, so we were all chatting in the waiting room.It was a quick procedure, once it got going, no anesthetic, just some numbing gel and Colin called it "reaching up your wazoo and pulling the ripcord! I thought that was quite descriptive!

Now just keeping fingers crossed that the shaking and the sweating will stop and the place where that plastic and metal thing was inserted heals with no problem!

I will go back and read everything and be back...you've been prolific, while I have been out! M x

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

That Amazon observation is hysterical DP, the Devil? You have obviously found a way to hack into their ordering system, by thought only. I hope you can also erase the credit card charge, for the items as well!

Now, are we serious about a trip to Vegas? I need more information, but I think.............I am in! Yay

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

i am if I wouldn't be alone. lol

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

OMG, I turn my back for one minute and all hell breaks loose! On my way to work... S, in the bag for neuro!

Look. We HAVE to go in July. 1. School is out. 2. I have to wait 7 months for appt! He is famous! 3. DLLP's birthday is same as M's, July 7th! Suck it back, L!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

Many years ago I went to Vegas. Had weather on TV. They were moaning the humidity was. 12%!!!!!!! No kidding. Coming from Fl I about died laughing. Take lots of lotion

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

I have wanted to go to Vegas for a while.I actually wanted to get married there last time...that got vetoed.

I have to be home on March 5. So after that might work for me anyway. Still have to check it out with DH because he would need to be available for kids . So I am a definite "maybe".

Never flown Spirit. Do they still charge for carry on bags?

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

I checked my vacation request schedule and no one has requested that week in July. So I put my name there! Score! Slumber party in NOLA.

March is pretty heavily booked up on the vacation calendar. School kids have a week off in there and that's always a bad time to take off. Dang.  Vegas in a cooler month would be much better than June. You have a good price from TX, DP,,, but I bet it is more from FL.   If only they had invented teleporters by now,,, what is their problem?   Star Trek had them back in the 1960's !!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

I covered one of my HX scars with this temp tatt. image

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

pretty glennie.

Of course you have to go to Nola in July bobo. The nips are the reason for the season. Just wondering if we couldn't all get to Vegas for. a party too. You may not feel like partying with us after seeing Bonnie you know. Vegas is more tourist than Nola so I was thinking it may be a cheaper stay for everyone and the overall expenses are def lower. Dialing back dialing back

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

I got married there Andrea. It was very convenient. My uncle it marred there the year before me but they had a whole big affair and flew in a ton of people.

I ended up with one week to plan everything which was actually great because otherwise I would have agonized over everything for more and more years. When the limo pulled out from under the front of the hotel, I heard hat I thought were fireworks. Nope. It was pouring rain. For my outdoor wedding where it never rains. Thy said it was good luck. It stopes raining for 25 minutes after we arrived at wedding hotel. Jut long enough for ceremony. The next year when we were in Vegas, my engagement ring broke in half on the shank. You guys know how superstitious I am. Oh and they also tore down that hotel a few months after the wedding. Totally doomed from the start.!

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

You are hilarious DP! On my parent's wedding day it rained, hailed and snowed..but it was December in England...no surprise. But they have been married 65 years now.

DP have you tried Hairdo wigs from QVC? I watched Marybeth today and am wondering if I should get one. I didnt have chemo, so I didnt lose my hair. But the tamoxifen has thinned it out a lot. Plus it would be fun to do bangs or a short Bob without committing to the haircut.

Also thinking of getting todays TSV (what have you dine to me??). Skinnytees look great!

Of course I also want to get the corduroy chair that becomes a bed!!! Help me!!!!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

You all are going to drive me crazy! I can't do two trips this year, we have a lot of work to do on the house and finances are tight. I'm not going to lie, I would love to go to Vegas as I've never been and it goes without saying, having the opportunity to meet M would be incredible. On the other hand, NOLA will be a blast as well and I want to support Bobo, and I was promised a spa day.

I'm going back to work.. it's less stressful :)

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

OK OK OK, I have just worked out what NOLA is, New Orleans Louisiana???? I thought it was the name of a Hospital or something somewhere else.

I have been working on the possibility of doing a trip to see all of you, nothing definite, just toying with the idea, trying to work out how I could get close enough, to catch up with as many of you, as I can. I wasn't going to mention it, till I had worked on it a bit more, but now that it is out there...can we talk???

I am open to suggestions. I love Vegas, have been there lots of times, but have never done New Orleans. I can't leave Colin for long, so it would have to be a quick trip. Bobo was almost right! My birthday is the 9th, but that isn't an issue, don't care if I am away for that. M x

• AndreaJ50
    edited January 2015

M, that is so funny.I too just found out what NOLA was ..had same thought as you..great minds et al. Lol

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

The only stipulation I have with Vegas is that my DH said he gets to go to Atlantic City if I go to Vegas! Not a problem! Lol I am going to NOLA in July and will find a way to make Vegas happen if others can go. I haven't been anywhere but the east coast and states going to Texas so I am up to go wherever as I have always wanted to travel.

Neurologist was great! Best doc I have had so far! "What can I do to make your life better?" When he said that I almost cried! Evidently the neuropathy is pretty bad. I have an EMG in two weeks, upped my neurotin, scheduled PT, and gave me the paperwork for a handicap sticker. Unbelievable!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

WooHoo Sgc, I am so glad you have found someone who can and will help you who has a great attitude! He is gold!

I'd be fine with DH going to Atlantic city too! LOL

Haha Andrea, that's funny! I have to look up so much stuff, I learned a lot of "US speak", working for United, but I am still frantically googling, a lot of the time!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

ldesim, we will work something out!

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

I know, just putting it out there... only one trip for me this year. I'm so excited that you're planning a U.S. visit!!!!!

SGC, so glad you found.such a great.doctor... it makes such a big difference.

dp, I have no idea what to think about your Amazon experience.. *queue creepy music*

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

have not tried those Andrea. I think I know what you are talking about though. That's definitely somethig I had to try in in person. If you want to try a real wig though tell me because I have a dozen that I am not using. All styles and colors. In fact if anyone needs a wig please tell me. Some I have not ever even had on my head but to try on. That chair does look cool. I have not had any shopping tv on today though but I saw it in my email. Fire mountain having a big sale. Looke at a bunch of stuff last night. So I will not consider Tria TSV and will invest that money in my etsy store if I spend anything. Very sensible, yes? Need to do more research today.

Ok all calm down. Bobos Nola trip is most important. I had been talking about this Vegas thing for a while just to see if anyone would be up for it. I'm always up for a jog to Vegas but that's just me. And like I said, it usually an easy in and out from most cities. So im thinking if I get a go ahead to fly and in seem to feel ok. All big ifs at this point that I will be going sometime in march or maybe April. My schedule is probably more flex than most. So if anyone else is able to swing it, let's plan it out and go at same time. And if the honeymooners would like to go to Vegas and could have time off for it, I bet we could make that happen as a wedding gift. Just a random thought...

And Nola is still in driving distance for me too. I will jut have to see these nips in person!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

I want a teleporter so that we can all go both places! Damn it. Science,, make it so.

S:  so glad you found a great doctor!!  Woo-hoo!   Sorry that your neuropathy is not good, but it seems like he will take good care of you.

Had lunch with co-workers (again!) I've eaten out a lot this week.  And I got a haircut.  Work time now, but I'm off the weekend.  Woot! Let me read other thread real quick.

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

S where is the PN? Feet? Do you have LE anywhere?

I've had a few of those EMGs. They hurt. If they put warm blankets on your legs it's not so bad. My ortho wants to do one on my LE arm..NOT HAPPENIN'

There really isn't a treatment for PN. Only meds, and that's trial and trial. Probably start you on Neurontin.

The handicap hangers are great!!! Good luck!!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

I have an update, so sorry, can't do July. Colin's carer who came this morning just told me she is going to be away for 7 weeks on a European cruise, across part of June, July and early August, so that leaves us one carer down, no way I can be away too and she is really the most reliable one.

She is fine, with me going any other time. Maybe 2 trips this year to catch up with everyone?

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

Spookie the PN is in my feet, hands, and nose. I did find out that the scalp pain seems to happen to those of us who had/have migraines. Glad to know I am not as weird as I thought! Lol I have been on 900mg of neurotin and he wants to slowly up it to 1500-1800. I am extremely blessed not to have LE! My mom had it very badly. I am aware that the nerve test hurts. Not looking forward to it at all. Thanks for the blanket tip! Anything to make it hurt less!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

I can't do it all either. Nola is iffy. Heat and humidity don't agree with me plus it's real close to Ireland time.

Never been to Vegas. Will do whatever it takes to see M. Want to do Disney but not sure if BG too young.

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

I'd like to do Disney too... maybe next winter?

Sgc, I too consider myself blessed to not have LE.. which is why I'm not sure I'd risk it for a tattoo.. I wonder if recon can also set off LE... I bet it can.

So glad this work week is over.. it was a long busy one, but now I am rewarded with a long weekend.. thank you Martin Luther King :)

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

I'm with DP on this one, New Orleans in July sounds like H E double toothpick on earth. I imagine you southern ladies handle the heat much better than us northern gals, and of course, Bobo will just be walking around in her bikini, flaunting her skinny ass, so she'll be cool as a cucumber!

I vote for Vegas. Only been there once. My only issue is I don't like flying and have never flown alone.. so my vote doesn't count much cause I doubt I could get myself on that plane.

Either way, sounds like a very fun time!

• glennie19
    edited January 2015

there is air conditioning in the South,, ,just so you know,,, it's not all backwoods!  

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

Thank Dog for a/c!!!!!!!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

lol glennie. we do have ac in the south. NOLA is kind of an outdoor kinda town though. It is so beautiful there. Picturing bobo marching down the middle of Bourbon street in her long black lace house coat over her teeny little bikini and in high heels.

• ldesim
    edited January 2015

with lip gloss? :)