Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited January 2015

Morning ladies, boy have you been busy, while I was sleeping. Sorry you're still being fucked around by the fucktards DP. I "get" the leg spasms out of nowhere, Colin has them and they can be damn lethal when they hit, out of the blue. When he has surgery, they keep him awake, but give him a spinal block to stop them from disrupting the surgery. Diazapan or Baclofen are good muscle relaxants, for them too, don't know if they are good for you though.In the bag again!

Am I the only one who would think twice about taking on a hound? Only experience I have, is with Beagles, so may not be th same for all hounds. Friends had an English Beagle and the Airport uses them for sniffing out food passengers haven't declared. I knew a few of the handlers and trainers. The main issues are, they will eat anything, garbage diving can be hard to control, they shed like crazy, have a sniffing urge, that causes many to be lost, because they break out and follow a scent, with no regard for roads and traffic, lots of exercise is a non negotiable and chewing stuff, can be an issue too. They need to be socialized really early, with cats and because of the hunting instinct, you need to be really careful of them with other non canine pets .They have a bay not a bark which is really more like a howl. Cute,yes, but can be a handful, especially if left home alone, while you're at work.......Just sayin'

Yikes Sgc, 2 packs a day and all that heart stuff, how does that work? Some people just live on the edge, don't they? I feel for you gals who have to deal with depression, close to you, it must be so hard. Those men are so damn lucky to have you!

I find the heart stuff really interesting, has anyone read about the heart having a brain, and the changes to recipients personality after a heart transplant?

I love that idea ldesim! let's think about a business we can all run.M x

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

I've always heard not to stop 'roids cold. You must wean off. Sorry I don't know how, just gradually. Glennie should know

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited January 2015

he said stay on same reduced schedule from last night. Which was cut from 8mg to 4mg per day. But be careful of headaches. I had already told nurse (yesterday and today) that that was too much down at a time. Told her today that it gave me a pain in middle of my face.

He told me during wbr that the radiation could made things flare like that, this getting better before worse. When I mentioned this this time, they all look a me like I'm nuts and acting like I want to be on steroids. Whatever. I think I will take 2 mg tonight.

Grrr back hurts.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for your opinion about Hounds M. Those are good points to ponder. I don't want to rush into another dog really. Lucky has been a joy to have, and hasn't required much work. My DD is so worried she won't be able to handle his loss, and thinks a new dog would take her mind off his loss. A hound might not like guinea pigs. Still requires more thought.
  • Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

I didn't know Xanax caused depression. I take one most nights to sleep.

Hope the forecasters are wrong about next batches of snow and they never materialize.

I keep smelling pee. Can't find it. Decided it must be trash can. It's driving me nuts. Is it only a girl thing? Cans are mesh. Thinking about tossing. Scrubbed BG's stool. Wiped down floor and toilet.

Have physical tomorrow. Will discuss non cancer stuff like low vit d levels, knee/hip pain and dizzy spells. I'm not a dr but believe they are SEs of tamoxifen! But it's not cancer related:)

BG is going too. Couldn't get in today. Confirmed flu in her room. And chickenpox and stomach virus and.... She may stay home all week. I don't want any of that.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

Grilled veggie burritol

Lost my whole post. Grrrrrr

When I woke up from nap I heard a woman say "and this salad will go with the need and bean burritos" I thought bobi ha brought me dinner. Hehe. But alas it was the Pioneer Woman on tv. Looked up recipe and also found this grilled veggie burrito which looks tasty. Is it on my list bobo? Bet it has double calories of the other one. Ha.

Can't get link in right place and don't want to lose again.

Btw, I totally picture z as the Pioneer Woman on the farm.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

first post also said to wrap bg in saranwrap and keep her home until high school! Dang germy kids in the world.

Took half a steroid. Head was pounding. And yes fucktard is fired when this is over. Three down, two to go.

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

omfg this brain fog is for real! Five times I have come back here to thank everyone for the lovely cards. I've been meaning to say that for two days too! You guys are so good to me. Love and hugs.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

Yum. I'm hungry!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

Z, you are more beautiful than the Pioneer Woman! I would keep BG home too. That is too much.

DP: No burritos!!! :)

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

yes meant to say not in looks but how she is all over the farm and feeding chickens and husbands and kids. Making crazy hats and socks and going to monster jam. Z is pioneer badass.

Was just telling gma yesterday that I think she is much older than she would like us to think. Damn fair skin.

Really no grilled veggie burrito? I don't even think it has cheese. You're mean. Can I have some Sprite for my tummy?

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

Who's old? Me? Pioneer Woman? Gma?. I feel a lot younger than my knee and hip act.

Thanks for the compliments.

Why no veggie burrito?

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

This is GS#2 at bros track practice tonight. Anything wrong with this picture?image

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

Flip flops are perfectly acceptable to wear in the middle of winter! Lol

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

Exactly!!!!!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

hahaha, even I wear flip flops, we call them "thongs", in the winter!

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2015

I always called them thongs, then the underwater came out and my kids reprogrammed me!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited January 2015

Spookie, what a cutie pie! Boys will be boys!

I love the Pioneer Woman... we made her coffee rolls for xmas one year.. talk about calories, but they were SO good. I've made a few things of hers and everything comes out good. I don't know how the hell she stays so thin, her recipes aren't exactly low fat. DP, she has a daughter near 20.. I think she's in her mid to late 40's. I am now going to see Pioneer Woman talking when I read Z's posts.... except it will be like the pioneer woman with a stethoscope around her neck.

Damn DP, they need to get this steroid situation straight.. I am glad your getting rid of this j@ck@ss. What is the story on your chemo? Hope your back pain got better. As you were thanking everybody for the cards.. I remembered I never sent the one I had, it's sitting in my desk drawer.... I'm a card bomb failure!

Z, isn't it nice to be going to the Dr. for something besides cancer? It seems so surreal. I went to my primary for the first time in over 2 years and it felt so strange :) Poor BG, she's really having a rough time of it.. I hope the whole house doesn't come down sick.

Sgc, did you talk to your friend yet? I think Leominster was part of Mass. that received a ton of snow.

Sorry to be reading about you ladies with miserable spouses.... having grown up with a miserable person, I know how much they can drain you.

Had a nice relaxing day after we finished the last of the shoveling this morning. Figured today could be considered a special occasion and broke my diet for the evening and made baked ziti. Wouldn't you know, it didn't come out that good.. not sure why, I've made it 1,000 times. That's what I get for cheating I guess :)

Back to work tomorrow, but only for 2 days and the weekend is back. I did make the realization that I would rather go to work than shovel 2 feet of snow in the freezing cold. The only other time I said I would rather be in work than doing what I had to do, was having to go to chemo... lol. That being said.. I'd rather shovel 2 feet of snow and then go to work, then have to go through chemo again.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited January 2015

Ariom, I've always thought Beagles were a group unto themselves. DH calls them Bugles due to their sound. You're right, it's certainly not a bark.

DP, Your next doctor has to be better. I don't think there are any worse. Have you considered using a walker with your knee acting up?

I do not envy anyone having to shovel snow. We were about 52 with sun in the afternoon.

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

Wren, bugles is what it is! LOL Everyone arriving into the airport thinks they are so cute and even stand and smile when one comes and sits beside them, only to find out they have just been busted, for food in their bag. The new Beagles, do another round of the arrivals area. but always come back to someone they have already sniffed out, because they love the treats they get for finding food and are hopeful! for another treat!

ldesim, glad you've finished that shoveling, that's awfully hard work! I watched a story on the snow in Boston on TV with kids skiing in the streets this morning.

I am not familiar with Pioneer Woman, but I see our Z as a supermom, who manages to keep all the balls in the air! Dashing from school, to classes, to yoga, while juggling a sick kid and a dog and seeking out great, British food treats.

It has been so cold today, I had to wear a jacket, so unheard of at this time of year. I went into town to pick up my new foob! Yes, you heard right, another one to add to the collection. We get an allowance ever 2 years for a form through the Aussie government and although I was fitted yesterday, it was 1 day too soon and I was sure, if I presented with the bill they'd say "Too bad,s o sad, you're a day too early, you can just pay for that yourself!" Considering our forms, cost $459.00+ here, daylight robbery, in my mind, I take advantage of the freebie!

While I was in there I called in to Target's clearance store and they had lovely huge black and white, Missoni beach towels reduced from $59.00 to $15.00 for the first and 1/2 price for the second one. I rang a gf and then had to struggle to the car with 10 towels. lol, now to work out how to get them to her! She says, it is another excuse to come to visit!

DP, I hope you're feeling better tonight and have the steroids sorted. I'd like to Bitch Slap that damn Dicktor!

How is everything, in the tiny house Bobo? All back to normal after the festivities? I'd love to see more pics, when you have time.

Take it easy ladies, M x

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

http://www.thisblewmymind.com/he-told-his-beagle-t...

They will do anything, for food! This is very funny!

• Ariom
    edited January 2015

I don't know why I have been getting these on FB today, but very cute!

http://baton.com/best-naughty-dog-pictures/

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

wow I was out! Fell asleep sitting on couch (which is where I'm sleeping anyway) at 8pm I think. Woke up at 3:30 having not moved. Headache better but not gone.

I knew that statement was confusing. I think pioneer woman would like us the think she is mid forties but is at least mid 50s. Her good is definitely not healthy fare But it sure looks good!

• DeliriumPie
    edited January 2015

my ex had first heart attack at 32. It completely changed his personality. He became the biggest sour puss grump and angry all the time. It sucked the life out of me.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

Dang it,, lost my whole post.

Can't remember everything I wrote,,,but will try.

DP:  how are the knees?  Are you tapering on the steriods?  Glad headache is better. 3 down and 2 to go.  In the bag!  Did you eat veggie burrito?  Sounded good to me

Good point about hound thinking that guinea pigs are "prey".   That could happen with any hunting type dog,, or even just bigger dogs. I'm pretty sure Ava would have an issue with them.

Used to call flip-flops thongs too, when I was growing up. Not sure when that changed,,, probably when the thong underwear became a fad.

M:  That is a lot for a FOOB.  OMG!!  Get the free one!!  Those Trulife weighted foam, 2 for $72 are a steal in comparsion.  Good bargain with the towels. And how weird you are wearing a jacket in Jan????

Can't remember the rest,,,, so **waving to all**

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2015

OK.. I've seen you guys talk about the weighted foob enough.. I just ordered the 2/$72 option. Read a comment from someone who's name started with M :)

DP - so hoping that you get your steroid usage down without major problems. You deserve a break today. Who remembers that commercial?

No school today because of icy roads. Outside looks ok to me...thinking they should just do a delay on days like this. Of course, they get X amount of snow days, and winter is winding down...they want to get as many in as possible. Not sure why I never considered being a teacher way back when. I know teaching is hard, but it has a lot of benefits too.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

in the bag.

BG has toncillitis. Duh. Another round of antibiotics. I'll get my labs next week? Can't do anything more about dizziness, knee or hip pain. So. . .

This not sleeping is catching up to me. Must go clean kitchen and bake boy's bday cake for school tomorrow. Tubing on Saturday!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited January 2015

another Trulife convert!  **giggles** hope you like it!! I rarely wear foobs any more since I'm stuck with wearing compression. Having that extra layer makes my foobs too big,, so I would need to get a much smaller size for balance,,, Maybe I'll do that after I meet my deductible again.  I've been using a Knitted Knocker for days when I want to look nice and balanced,, most of the time I just don't care anymore. The compression flattens out my remaining breast anyway.

Off to Home Depot for more lawn bags. Really want to work on the back on the weekend.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited January 2015

Holy crap! A heart attack at 32! That is so young.

Glennie, does Ava shed much? There are so many pit bulls up for adoption here. But my husband woukd never go for that, and neither would our landlady.ut just curious about smooth hair dogs and their hair.

Our two mutts shed a bit, but nothing compared to my daughter's husky and Pomeranian.

I used to have Collies and Great White Pyranees....talk about shedding!!!!!!

I was going to go out today for a massage and to the gym...or shopping, but I missed the Fed Ex guy and he has our new passports. So I will have to stay home all day! Sigh.

Two more zaps DP. Yay! Do you have an MRI next week to see how it worked?

Anyone got photos from Bobo yet?

Zills, sorry to hear BG has tonsillitis. Are they considering removing her tonsils?

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

PRB think about driving a 27,000 pound vehicle loaded with up to 65 kids on it on icy roads. Snow days are a good thing.

Speaking of, why don't we have hurricane days? During the 2 bad years of storms, we had to make those days up. Grrrrr