Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

OH oh oh.. "don't you guys ever play in the snow?"... Really? I am with Ideism and we are about to have some fun throwing a ton of snowballs at your heads from behind our snow fort! Fun is when you're a kid and lay in the snow making snow angels, and frolicking around in sub zero weather with snot running down your nose. Fun is going down the big hill on the toboggan and rolling off half way down and laughing at the snow in your boots and under your jacket because as a kid, you don't care! However, as an adult, there is not much fun to be had. You're cold and miserable and wishing someone would pull up in a truck with a big plow on the front so they could clear out your driveway in 5 minutes or less. We have a nice sledding hill across the street and I took dd there several times when she was younger. It was a thrill to watch her excitement...however, it was COLD. We have built a few snowmen, but snow has to be a certain consistency to make snowmen, so the opportunity doesn't always present itself. I can see you girls need some snow education. :)

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

could not get pics to open, on old computer. Will try on different machine.

I think Bobo dog got Ava's turn in the barking line. She never barks. She makes this urrrrrrr noise that sometimes sounds like a moan, but she is just begging for food or attention when she does that.  Her response to doorbell:  IF she wakes up, is to turn her head and look at me and say "well, are you getting that?"  However, she will RUN to kitchen if you clank a fork against a plate, or start chopping vegetables, or yell "banana".

Wren, that is a big kitty, but I have no doubt that you will take good care of him. What's his name? And King sheets for $25? oh yeah,, that's a sale!

Today is cooking day. Will make turkey chili on the stove and ropa vieja in the crock pot. That will feed me for a few days. If I ever win lottery, I will definitely hire a cook and house cleaner.

In the bag for S and Andrea.  Hope all goes well.  ***hi DP**  hope you are resting and being fed grapes or veggie burritos.

**waving to all**

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

whats ropa veija?

Still waiting for bugogli recipe.

Anyone ever had pork meatloaf?

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

You set them straight PRB!!!! Did dd get off ok?

Aww the poor baby Wren, I bet he has urinary infection as males are prone to get... how cruel to leave him in garage for a year. I hate people. My cat is 20 lbs and yes he is a little overweight... but he's a huge cat.. big head, paws, tail. We think he's part turkish van.

M, laughing over your crab sheets.. literally chuckling on the train. My mother is the same way... you can't put something down for 5 mins and she puts it away.

curious over ropa veijawhatever too sounds ecotic.

z, is boy feeling ok?

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Ropa Vieja is Cuban dish,,,, it's a shredded beef that is good over rice, or stuffed into a tortilla for burrito. My Cuban friend says REAL ropa must be made in pressure cooker, but I don't have one. I use this crock pot recipe and it's good enough for me. And it's easy! Most important part. You put flank steak in crock pot with onion, garlic, spices and Rotel canned tomatoes (also spicy) and cook on high for 3 hours. then you take the meat out and cut it up into small squares, and then shred with fork. (sometimes I just leave in cubes, cuz I'm lazy) and then you put meat back in crockpot for 30 mins adding 3/4 cup of salsa. Ready to eat.

Haven't had pork meatloaf,,, beef and turkey.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Finally saw dog pics on other PC. HAHAHAHA. Excellent hiding places!

this PC is cranky too. Twice I got message: CPU fan has failed. Shutting down. **sigh** but 3rd time was the charm. All my machines have issues.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

G your ropa vieja recipe sounds gross. Meat is murder!! You need to get at least fifty percent plant-based. Steamed fresh veg. Half your plate filled with dark green leafy veg, raw, steamed, or sauteed.

Mooooooo! **sound of suffering cows***

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself. I love it that Ava doesn't bark but makes noises. I just love her. I wish Bobo was quiet.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

I don't like spicy, so I might not like that... love the name though. Bobo, be nice.. you cannot yell at Glennie... don't you have veggies to steam or sheets to iron? :) Question for you, do you feed your pets meat? Not picking on you, it just occurred to me.

SO do not feel like working... my feet are finally thawed out from standing outside in minus degree temps for over an hour. I have downed a cup of strong black coffee and am feeling human again. Everybody bitching about their commutes a more miserable law office would be tough to find this morning... more snow Thursday.... FFS.

Who are we in the bag for today?

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Idesim, get back to work! Yes, there is lots of meat in my house. Bobo eats a special diet of salmon and sweet potato. But I didn't choose salmon because of my own choices. Bobo must eat meat, he is a dog from the wild, he is practically a dingo. He is allergic to chicken, beef, rice, and all other grains, and esp grass. Sometimes we get the duck kind. He can also eat buffalo. But... buffalo? Aren't they endangered?

And to answer your Q, I have a brown rice pudding with apples and raisins working, and spaghetti with cacio e pepe and roasted tomatoes prepped. Handling my business, but dreading finishing my work project. 1, 2...

Oh, we're in the bag for Andrea and SGC. And I am always in the bag for our DP.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

cacio e pepe, you just put that out there because of Glennie's ropa veija.... show off. :)

Buffalo? Geezus, your dog eats better than me... salmon & duck indeed :)

In the bag for Andrea & sgc and hoping DP is resting up and watching qvc while being waited on hand and foot.

Still don't feel like working and have piles of crap all around me... I am so sore and whiny today... starting 2nd cup of strong black coffee.. maybe a little shopping is in order.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I do eat veggies. Turkey chili has black beans and veggies in it along with the turkey. There is spinach in it too. The ropa is good over a sweet potato too.!! You can make ropa not spicy. I made it too spicy last time, and toned it down this time.

Dogs are not meant to be vegetarians. They need meat. Ava has grain free food with chicken, turkey and lamb. She gets a can of sardines every week for fish oil. And she loves her veggies. She gets green beans every day and a sampling of whatever I'm chopping. Red pepper is a favorite. She will have some later when I start the chili. Yesterday she had strawberries and banana.

Bobo: buffalo are no longer endangered. Custer State Park in South Dakota has lots of buffalo. Once a year they do a round-up and "cull" the herd and sell the meat. They are the only self supporting state park in the country. (so they told us) And I think there are buffalo farms now, like cattle,,, buffalo meat is very lean,, leaner than cow meat.

I'm sorry,, I know this upsets you that we eat animals. My body needs that protein,, I think I am part dog,,,, I've been called Beitch enough in life, so it must be true.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

DLLP is also part dog.

Idesim, he eats better than I do too! G, I am glad to hear you are chopping peppers and green beans. Vegetables that have been cooked to death in chili do not count!

Idesim, I am sincerely fed up and overwhelmed with the amount of work I have to do. It is laughable. I am hitting a wall. Cacio e pepe is Martha Stewart recipe! Stop making fun of Martha!

Bill Clinton is a vegan.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Bill Clinton is a lot of things... haha.

Add me to the fed up list.. I just can't bring myself to get into it....lol Glennie, I guess I am one too :)

WTH? I looked it up.. it's pasta with butter and cheese... seriously with the fancy friggin name! Leave it to Martha to make it sound like something more than it is :)

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Test is over. Only one of the needles hurt, I didn't even feel the rest. All the people who said it was the worst thing in the world scared me half to death for nothing. I guess it depends on who is doing it or if you have neuropathy that numbs rather than tingles or hurts. So much for that!

I grew up in New York with lots of snow. I am an expert snow fort and igloo maker, slender, and snowball maker! While I miss playing in the snow, i don't miss shoveling or sliding while driving. My heart goes out to you, snowbunnies!

Waiting to hear from DP and Andrea! Hoping they are both hanging in.

Have MO appt tomorrow. Lord knows what he has to say. PT on Thursday and Cardiologist on Friday then BS dicktor next week. Geez it never ends! Would like to just wake up and be me again-not going to happen.

Waving to all!

• DeliriumPie
    DeliriumPie Member Posts: 1,186
    edited February 2015

oh gosh there are three pages I haven't read. Will catch up later. Just wanted to give an update.

I fell several more times over the weekend and made a trip to er for headaches. They said I had a bit more swelling than before but sent me home. I'm just tired if hurting. I also hate having to make the decisions. Why can't they just fix me anymore? MO brought up hospice. I didn't think I was there yet. Only been doing this part of the dance since end of August. But now I just hurt all the time and have become a burden. I wish I had the right answers.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

S! In the bag for your appts. Too many appts! So glad your nerve test did not hurt much.

Why do you have to go back to the BS? I am thinking about skipping my congratulatory (for him) appt with my PS. I just cannot face it.

Idesim, it is more delicious than it sounds! I'm adding lemon and roasted tomatoes to mine. XXX

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Oh, and I add toasted buttered bread crumbs to the top.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

S: I'm glad it did not hurt for you! Those tests have always been wicked painful for me. Yes, it would be nice to wake up and have no appt's. I have LE therapist tomorrow, and Rheumy dicktor on Friday.

DP: glad to see you. ((hugs)) So sorry about the falling. What did they want you to do for swelling? More Decadron? You are not burden. Wishing some of us were closer to help out. What are they doing for your pain? What Fentanyl patch are you on? Maybe up the dose?

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

DP, I just saw your post! FFS!

You are not a burden to us. We are here for you and in the bag. Did the dicktors make a plan YET to manage your pain? I am hoping so, since I hate to think they have not.

Standing by in case there is anything you need. XXX

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Dp... ffs!!!! You are NOT a burden to us,  to Bond or to anybody else for that matter..   how can we help you get the right answers?? When do we find out the cyberknife results? 

We are here for you dp... and are here willingly because we love you 

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I personally love you DP. Let me know who to call if you want help getting information. Was reporter once for the NY Post.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

DP, Would a walker help with the falling? I really worry you're going to get hurt in a fall. Do you have a pallative care doctor? They are experts on managing pain and you can continue with treatments. I think you have to stop treatment for hospice. Don't feel like you're a burden. We are not judged on what we accomplish, rather on how much we love, and you're doing great in that category.

Goldie has a lady coming to see her on Saturday. She's also looking at other cats, so my hopes are not very high. She wants a lap cat who will sleep with her and Goldie is the perfect cat for that.

Giant cat is named Leo and he's a brown tabby with huge gold eyes. He's becoming more friendly as people spend quality time with him. I just hope he doesn't need an operation. I don't think that would be very safe at his weight. Idesim, are you sure your cat isn't part Maine coon? The big head and paws make me think that. If so, he's not overweight by much. They tend to run 18-20lbs.

Add my Mom to the iron everything, every object in its place list. I think not working outside the home made that a lot easier. I could keep it spotless, but it would make me uneasy.

• SC60
    edited February 2015

DP you will never be a burden! I too love you and will do whatever it takes to help you!

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

DP, if you decide it is a good idea, I will make the phone calls to help get you in to see a palliative care dicktor. XXX

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, someone has to do it, FFS.

DP, Idesim found this great website -- she found six dicktors in the Ft. Worth area, are they near you?

getpalliativecare.org

Let us know if you need help interviewing dicktors, and we will be doing it for you in a flash! Or anything else you want! XXX

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

DP - I hate, hate, hate your doctors. They say shitful things to you, and still do not address your pain! I hate them. Maybe your doctors think you are a burden ...because that is how they've treated you through this whole thing, but you are not a burden to us! We love you DP.. don't ever question that.

I am here to help in any way necessary too. Need someone to call Mayo clinic? A different MO somewhere in Texas? Help get your records transferred somewhere? Let me know.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

I would be happy to help with phone calls too, just say the word.. anything you need DP, you just tell us and it will be done.. seriously.

Oh Wren, Leo sounds beautiful. I want Goldie to stay with you :( Maine Coon is actually what I would like to get some day.. they are supposed to be great pets. No, he is definitely not a coon... here is a pic... he looks almost identical to this cat.. which is a turkish van.

• SC60
    edited February 2015

DP your hospital also has a palliative care team. Group of: doctor, nurse, social worker, nutritionist, etc. they state that they will work with you and your family so you can have a good quality of life. This is not hospice! What would you like us to do for you? S

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

I love you too cuz!! You will never be a burden. You need to do what makes sense for YOU!!!