Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Don't think you would want to kiss a cow's snotty nose, but a horse would get my kiss. The baby calves are cute but then they grow up!, ha, just like us huh?Hate lizards , give me the creeps. Maybe they are good food for another species?

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

DP, obviously none of us thinks you are a burden, and I am sure Bond and Gp's don't either. I hope you have something for the headaches, and you can rest.

Andrea I hope you too can get something for the pain? I am picturing your strainer as either a pasta drainer or a flour sieve! Lol I am sure it is neither.

We have three sets of linens each, in our house, would love more but storage is limited. Partly because our linen cupboard is half filled with board/card games! We love our family games, gets us all together, gets kids off their gadgets, and everyone has a laugh.

I am about to go pick up DD early from school to have allergy testing done. I think it has been nearly three years since they were done last. She is terrified, I think she must be remembering it worse than it actually was, hopefully anyway. We have previously travelled to Melbourne to an allergist there, about 1 hour 15 mins each way, but now there is one about five mins walk from our house, so that's so much better, hopefully he is nice, and not a dicktor. Our first allergist was a numbnut! Our lady one since has been awesome, but this one is so much closer so it is worth a try.

Thanks for posing your pic Idesim, now we know what you look like! Yay! Xx

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

DP. You ARE NOT a burden. We don't, gps don't, bond doesn't, boys don't think that EVER. You are just tired. Pain will wear you out as just one of the many procedures you've had this past month. Is it the three week rule for something? Surely?

Please let us make some phone calls. Let us find you a pallative care team.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

Andrea. Sorry about the pain. The OTC for UTIs do work well. Sold next to the feminine products. I too imagine a pasta drainer:)

There is a chain called Montana Ted that sells bison burgers and pot roast. They also have beef or chicken sandwiches. Massive servings. Homemade onion rings and great tea. There are a few bison around the corner from here. I don't care for it.

Found the missing homework and seat mates book. Behind a toy basket in the shelf. Took a few tries to get the truth. Teacher mixed up books and he brought hers home. Didn't want to get into trouble so hid it. Has been moving it to different spots in his room.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Grrrr. Just lost my post.

Hugs for everyone in pain. DP, when you become a burden we'll let you know. Until then, please feel cherished because you are.

Just wasted the evening reading about art rather than painting. I'm going to see an exhibition on Saturday. Her website is www.expeditionaryart.com. I tried to make it active and lost the post. These paintings are from Greenland and the exhibit is at the Nordic Heritage Museum. I live in the Scandinavian part of town. Went to the bank on Social Security check day and didn't hear a word of English! That's just the older folks. The younger ones are from everywhere.

Andrea, Hope that pain was passing the big one and no more ahead.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

DP, Wren said it best. You Are cherished!! You are a fighter for sure, and you have needed to be. But now try and hand over the reigns for a little while so you can build up your strength again . Let someone else take care of you untill you feel better.

((Hugs))

• fiaranch1
    fiaranch1 Member Posts: 259
    edited February 2015

DP ,

As Wren said you are cherished and could never be a burden !!! We are all here for whatever we can do to help you !! While we await how we can help try this !!!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

Excellent sign, Fiaranch1!  Right now I'm grooving on Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream,,, better than sex!

Hi DP!  **waving**  How are you today?  Hoping you are feeling some better. Your crazy bunch here is ready to spring into action!!   What can we do??  Ava is standing by for toe kissing.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Hi DP! **waving** I think Dr. Z really has something there. You must be worn out from all this -- pain, stress, procedures, awful dicktors. We are here for you, standing by, supporting you in any way you need.

M, how were the results from your blood tests! It's funny -- Andrea -- I pictured a pasta strainer too! How are you this morning! It can be really perspective-altering to have that kind of pain. Get cozy and be gentle with yourself. When you feel better, don't just bounce up like nothing happens.

Homework drama! We have lost glasses drama here. Teacher found them in the cafeteria, but they were broken.

XXX

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Oh no,,, broken glasses.  NO fun at all.

Andrea:  how are you feeling??  Still peeing sand?  I hope you were able to get some sleep.

I am running to LE PT appt, and then have Tai Chi class,,, back later!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

Bobo do you have VisionWorks there? They have a good deal going on now, buy one pair, get another free. Ordered myself some new eyes there

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Question for the cooks/bakers? Bought some dried cherries I want to use in muffins. They are Very sticky, all clumped together. If I rinse them, will that reconstitute them? Don't want to do that

• Zillsnot4me
    edited February 2015

I wouldn't rinse them. Can you flour them?

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

I've never worked with them... I agree with Z... that or a little cornstarch? I imagine it's much like raisins? Maybe you don't need to do anything they will incorporate into the batter.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Bobo, your glasses?

Wren, I looked through a lot of her portfolio.. so very pretty.. makes me wish I could draw... I love the colors she uses.

Nd, I would kiss a cow's nose..I think they are so cute and gentle.

M, when do you hear about your bloodwork?

Dawny, hope DD made out ok with testing and closer dr. is good.... what board games do you guys love? We are mostly card games.. spades, Phase 10... but a few years ago, we were all addicted to Trouble.. it was pretty funny :) (We being, myself, Joe & my nephews or my BIL/SIL).

Z, how are the kids?

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Hmmmm flour might work. They are really sticky and clumped together.

Did get the TimTams. Different, aren't they? But good

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

Azo worked great. Thank you Zills and Glennie for recommending it. Fighting nausea but very little pain now.

Bobo, Walmart replaces glasses if you break them. Although I took mine back after a lens popped out when i was getting out of my van in the dark . I couldn't find the lens. They wouldn't replace it because it was lost and not broken. Hmmmm.

I hope DP is feeling better and getting some well deserved rest.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Spookie... Tim Tams didn't move the earth for you? I might stop by target today. I'm seeing a market here in the US for them.....

What did you end up doing with the cherries?

Glad your pain has lessened Andrea... did you try eating a little something?

• wren44
    edited February 2015

Bobo, Too late for this pair, but look into Zenni. I got glasses from them because my doc said my eyes would change a lot due to cataracts. Mine were $37 including postage. Granted I got the cheapest, but DD got a pair for about $200 instead of the $450 she usually has to pay.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Glad you are feeling better, Andrea!

Spooks, what did you do with the cherries?

ldesim:  I like Rummy-Q! That is great game.

• wren44
    edited February 2015

OK, 2 posts lost. I'm going to have to use Firefox I guess.

Idesim, DGS got a game called Lewis & Clark that traces their journey. It's detailed with lots of history. He loves it. For an ice breaker game, get We Didn't Pretest This Game. It's silly and played with cards and everyone loses a lot. We spent all the time laughing. DS owns a hobby shop and they play a lot of board games - to get the kids away from the screen.

You funny people. I envisioned a tea strainer for Andrea.

• spookiesmom
    edited February 2015

Can't fool with the cherries till the weekend. Bought them at target, had to try them. For quiona muffins.

No, the earth didn't shake with the TimTams!!!! Got the choco kind. They were good, had 3. Not going to share

• AndreaJ50
    edited February 2015

You ladies are funny. A pasta strainer??? How big do you think my stones are? Lol. Definitely more like a tea strainer.

Where do we find Wren's portfolio? I would love to see it.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015
    The princess' glasses are the broken ones! I haven't had new ones and I am increasingly blind. Time for new prescription.

Andrea, whether we are picturing you peeing into a pasta strainer or peeing into a tea strainer, we are picturing you peeing. That is the important thing.

{{{DP}}}
  • glennie19
    edited February 2015

Poor Trixie,,, everyone is thinking about her.

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

I thought of a strainer my mom had when I was a kid.. could put it over a cup - had a handle on it. Trixie is looking down wondering what all the fuss is for sure.

I highly recommend the game Qwirkle. It's like scrabble, only with colors. We love it, and have given it as a gift many times. I even wrote a review on Amazon - that's how much I like it.

Another fun card game is SET. It's quite challenging, and I had to read the rules a few times to understand it, but if you like things that make your brain kind of hurt - this is fun!

Lastly - Skip Bo is a card game that dd and my sister really like. I liked it at first, but a person's turn can get long if they get a lot of playable cards (sort of like playing solitare).. so everyone else is waiting while that goes on. It's fun though, just not my favorite.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Gentle {{{{Hugs}}}} DP!

Returned from MO appt. seems he made a mistake and I have 2 more infusions. He also wants me to try the last ER+ med. like this one will be different-not! Grrrr. I think that qualifies canceling my BS appt as she wanted to see me after my treatment finished. I really don't want to see her, it's a hour and a half trip and she talks to me for two minutes. What a waste of my time! DH was an ass before I left and was still an ass when I got home. He actually mocked my DD for saying ouch when the puppy nipped her! He is napping right now and I need to know if you all would raise bail for me, should I need it? Only kidding! Seriously, he has gotten out of hand! Okay enough bitching for one afternoon.

Oh no, broken glasses? I always have 2 pairs in case I break one. I have worn glasses since I was six and I can't see a darn thing without them! Sorry about having that expense!

How is the straining going Andrea. I pictured the Tiny strainer. I guess that was because I knew. I hope everything comes out okay, pun intended!

Still waiting for M's blood work report!

So, Z, what's up with the boy? How's BG doing?

How was TaiChi today, G? Does it make you feel good as well as work muscles?

Well, time to finish laundry started this am. Waving to all

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Morning ladies! DP hasn't been here, I hope she's getting some sleep.

Blood tests will take a few days, apparently the Vit D levels takes the longest for them to do.

I will never look at my tea strainer the same way again, after all this peeing sand stuff. The one they used at the Hospital was a nylon mesh one. I have several lovely tea strainers, including the one my Mother always used, for the times I use real tea in a teapot. I sometimes do a real afternoon or morning tea, with real tealeaves and tasty treats.

I hope you're feeling better now Andrea!

PRB, I will check out those games, we used to be huge Trivial Pursuit players, but haven't played any board games for years.

I don't know what you should do with the cherries, I would probably add some water, but I am no baker!

Wren, loved looking through that site at the art, I especially loved the birds and icebergs.

Bobo, sorry about the glasses for the Princess. I remember getting a lovely new pair of glasses, I got in my car and drove home from my parents house and couldn't find them anywhere. My Dad went outside to look for them and they were squished on the road where I had driven over them!

Going to the Opp Shop this morning, not the same, since my friend passed, I miss seeing her there. I'll be back....M x

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Hi M! You were just here six minutes ago! I know you miss your friend. Your high tea sounds yummy.

PRB you impress me with your super 'links' to all the games you like. What are you, a genius? S, SO SORRY ABOUT TWO MORE INFUSIONS! I AM SHOUTING! And so sorry DH is being a fucktard. I don't like that at all. I think you should take DD, puppies, and treats and run away. That will show him! And no, I do not think you need to see BS since you are not finished. When are the infusions? We will be in the bag.

I have a pair of yoga pants I wore a lot when Bobo was a puppy. He was in his nippy phase and nipped me then constantly. There are tiny holes (that have gotten bigger) everywhere on those pants. They have gotten even softer and I love them. DLLP, on the other hand, hates them! Hissssss (I am trying to bring back the hiss)

DP, we are here whenever you need us, even if you are in a 'bad mood.' Was watching Mally this morning and thinking of you. Mally always makes me feel good about myself! It is silly. XXX

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Sorry Bobo, I must have just missed you.Sgc, sorry you have more infusions to do and that your H is being a jerk, that's infuriating isn't it! bahahaha, we will raise bail!

This pic is a little something to take your mind off that stuff. I took it yesterday, but forgot to post it.It was so peaceful, no one around, just the birds. I was trying to get a shot of the Dolphins, but each shot I took, they were back under the water. At least you can see where they were, by the ripples! LOL